Recently Completed Games Page 407

• Page

of 414 First / Last

• PazJohnMitch 3 Aug 2014 21:04:45 8,149 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    To be honest I preferred The Wolf Among Us to WDS2. First season of WD was awesome but second is not as good. (I am still enjoying it though).
  • Malek86 3 Aug 2014 21:56:57 864 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @Kanjin cheers, but it might not take long. After finishing TLOU, I'm now ready to take on my quest for bad games again, starting with Kingdom: The Far Reaches. We'll see if I can complete it (a guide will probably be needed).

Edited by Malek86 at 21:59:04 03-08-2014
  • chrisno21 4 Aug 2014 15:20:21 1,516 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Wolfenstein - PS4
    Enjoyable but by the numbers. Got very frustrating with difficulty increasing simply by the enemies soaking up more bullets. Plot was a fun romp through a bleak world with outlandish mission objectives. Ofcourse all those missions boiled down to were shoot your way to here and press square.

Edited by chrisno21 at 15:56:46 04-08-2014

PSN/NNID: chrisno21
    twitter: @NumbersFox

• Malek86 4 Aug 2014 19:24:53 864 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Kingdom: The Far Reaches

You thought Unearthed was bad, wait until you try this.

Some people say it's like Dragon's Lair, but that's not true. It's an adventure game that resembles the Sierra stuff of old, except it's all made out of animated cutscenes and you get little interaction with the world. You have a world map, and choose which location you want to go, and then a scene will play. Sometimes you can acquire or use an object, other times you can use a spell. Anything you do will trigger some kind of cutscene anyway.

And like the adventures of old, you die every two seconds. Go to the castle? Whoops, dead. Go to the marshes? Whoops, dead. Pretty much the entire game is trial and error. The whole game is essentially impossible to complete without a guide, but even with one, don't be too sure of yourself: sometimes you'll get randomly attacked by bandits, or monsters, and unless you have already found the appropriate items to fight them off, you'll die. What's more, the wizard will give you a limited number of spells, and if you use them all up, you might be unable to complete the game. You have limited lives, and only one save slot. This game is so hard, I could only complete it in Apprentice Mode (a lower difficulty level that severely reduces the number of puzzles) and using a guide.

Of course, the entire point of the game are the animated scenes, and they are ridiculously bad. It's supposed to look like some kind of old cartoon, but while the animation is passable for its time, the script is terrible and the dub is worse. The game needs to mix hints in the animated scenes, and does so in the most terrible ways. We get gems such as:

"My son was your age when he learned that marsh spirits can be killed by cold fire" (said by a random old woman near a cabin), or

"I know much about this forest, for example I know that you need the Crystal of Kardas to destroy crystal tigers" (said crystal tigers are actually in a different forest)

And also the ending dialogue, which is probably the most ridiculous ending ever. I won't spoil it, though there isn't much to spoil. Just about the only decent thing is the music. The rest is all terrible. Even the death scenes aren't fun to watch, unlike some other games like Braindead 13.

Incidentally, at one point the game will play a preview movie for a sequel, called Kingdom: Shadoan. I looked around for infos, and apparently it's only been released on the CDi. Guess they knew PC and 3DO players wouldn't be fooled twice. Hidden in another location is also a preview movie for Stonekeep, which looks infinitely better and should be the game I play next.

As an aside, this was the GOG version, which of course loads entirely from the hard drive. That made the constant looking around a little more bearable, as loading times were nil. I can only imagine how it must have been when this game was released, as it could only load from the disc drive, even on PC. And back then CD drives were pretty slow. Imagine selecting a location, waiting a long time for it to load the movie, only to die immediately. Fun.

Don't even bother/10

Edited by Malek86 at 19:28:52 04-08-2014
  • Kosmoz 4 Aug 2014 20:54:14 7,701 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Tomb Raider on the PS4.

Well that was pretty good. I think as long as a game allows you to shoot things in the head with a bow and arrow then I'll be happy. At a loss as to what to do with my evenings now as I have no other games to play.

Every girl I ever kissed I was thinking of a pro footballer.

• Deleted user 4 August 2014 21:00:31
    What about knees? Can you shoot them there? :)
  • CharlieStCloud 4 Aug 2014 21:08:03 5,219 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @Kosmoz

Maybe go and play Tomb Raider Anniversary on the PlayStation 3 or Xbox 360 or PC?

... that's a proper Tomb Raider game, you see. None of this bow and arrow malarky!
  • Kosmoz 4 Aug 2014 21:09:41 7,701 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Adv wrote:
    Even better, you can unlock a skill to stab them in the knee with an arrow

Every girl I ever kissed I was thinking of a pro footballer.

• Deleted user 4 August 2014 21:48:12
    Kosmoz wrote:
    Adv wrote:
    Even better, you can unlock a skill to stab them in the knee with an arrow
    End the new gen. This game wins. :)
  • Nitrous 4 Aug 2014 23:46:22 398 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    The darkness 2 (xbox360)

Acquired through the donation thread here at EG where it will now go once again for someone else to play.

Overall I thought it was better than the 1st game but found the plot forgettable. Gun play was decent and the revised controls for your demon like arms made killing people much more enjoyable than the 1st game.
  • oceanmotion 5 Aug 2014 12:06:36 15,976 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Splinter Cell Blacklist Xbox 360

What a great return to form. More silky movements and controls while retaining some classic Splinter Cell game play make this a surprising comeback for the series. Even the daylight stuff was good. Extra missions like the Grimm ones were challenging but good fun, even closer to old SC. The hub and aesthetics are a bit over done and feels like Ubisoft were throwing the kitchen sink at the series, but nothing too bad. New voice of Sam didn't really bother me, the other characters outside of Grimm, typical Ubisoft rubbish. Overall, glad I gave it chance, some great missions and game play. Hope the series continues.

8/10
  • ValtermcPires 7 Aug 2014 00:35:05 7,160 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Child of Light - 8/10 (Wii U)

Well i was very anxious to try this amazing game, and i finally bought it on Wii U, and i did love ever moment! His simple but good story, the scenarios, oh boy this was the best part, amazing characters! And with all this we get amazing OST.

The part i did enjoy less was the combat system, super annoying for me.

Obvious great game that i recommend to everyone!

Eat, Sleep, Play, Repeat! - Gaming Life

Consoles: PS1/PS2/PS3/PSP/DS/2DS/WiiU
    ID's: Nintendo Network ID: ValtermcPires | 2DS FC: 4914-4851-8703 | PSN ID: [url=http://www.mypsntrophies.com/profile/ValtermcPir

• MatMan562 8 Aug 2014 15:58:01 2,475 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I just completed Metroid: Other M. It's definitely not great but I did still enjoy it. I didn't bother doing the extra bit after the credits because I didn't enjoy it that much but given how much hate the game gets I'm quite surprised with how much I liked it. I do hate how Samus is written in it though, I'm going to try to forget about that and go back to thinking of her as a badass. There are some good ideas, they're just not very well executed. Some of the bosses are really annoying, other ones are almost as fun as the Prime series'. Some of the new suit expansions are good but I don't think I need to say how stupid it is to have all the different suit upgrades but not be allowed to use them until given permission, but in case I do need to say, incredibly.

It took me 7 hours and 20 minutes to complete at just over 30% completion (I only got the expansions if I was going through that room and had the right upgrades anyway) and that feels about the right length for it, especially considering I only paid about £10 for it a few of years ago. I'd probably give it a 5/10.

Now onto the 2D Metroids (and possibly the DS game)! Not sure if I should start with either Super Metroid or Metroid Fusion (that I already have on Wii U and 3DS respectively) or get the original on the Wii U and work my way through them in order of release.

XBL/ PSN/ Steam/ NNID - MatMan562

• Kay 8 Aug 2014 16:02:58 17,905 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Don't bother with the original, start with Super Metroid before moving onto Fusion.
  • kinky_mong 8 Aug 2014 16:16:37 10,362 posts
    Seen 48 seconds ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Play Zero Mission rather than the original Nes one. Same story and setting, but far less frustrating to play.

All the eurogamers who actually play with each other on xbl rather than just post pseudointellectual pc handwringing bollocks on the forums, love the shit out of biggy.

• Kay 8 Aug 2014 16:22:10 17,905 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Oh yeah, that too. Zero Mission is also better than Fusion.
  • MatMan562 8 Aug 2014 16:57:16 2,475 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Ahh, didn't realise Zero Mission was a remake of the original, thanks! Think I'll start playing Super Metroid whilst waiting for that to make it's way to either the 3DS or Wii U VC. I've also just seen that Metroid 2 is available on the 3DS so I should be able to play the entire series!

XBL/ PSN/ Steam/ NNID - MatMan562

• Deleted user 8 August 2014 17:13:06
    The unfinished swan

Having finished it yesterday, I'd say it's pretty good. The mechanics used in each area are interesting (though, I think the vines were a bit overused) and the story and execution are done well.
  • Raiko101 9 Aug 2014 16:02:22 6,344 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @MatMan562 Metroid II was much more enjoyable for me, second time around. The black and white colour-scheme on the 3DS gives the game an old horror film vibe and adds to the atmosphere. The only downside to that one is that corridors do look very similar in places.

3DS: 4210 4002 8289 (Dave)
    Wii U: Raiko87
    Xbox Live: Raiko87

• Hicksy 10 Aug 2014 09:43:35 2,594 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    The Wolf Among US (PC)

Really enjoyed it - fantastic high end graphic novel style and loved the art and colour pallets. Not every episode packed punches but over the course of the season very enjoyable.

8.5/10
  • Wunty_Phyve 10 Aug 2014 11:54:28 1,213 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 months ago
    VVVVVV (iOS - Played on an iPhone 4)

Completion time 4 hrs, deaths 1611 (!), all trinkets collected (including that effing Veni Vidi Vici one)

Flipping brilliant game. Great soundtrack, fiendishly difficult in places but do-able with practice. The aforementioned Veni Vidi Vici trinket was basically a case of building up the precise taps and placement needed for each screen and when I finally got it... Very satisfying! Props again to the soundtrack though, it really is superb.

10/10
  • jonharrispro 10 Aug 2014 12:41:27 462 posts
    Seen 24 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Just finished Mass Effect 3. Very enjoyable and a great example of what Bioware can do. I did the non extended version then went online to watch the extended endings which Im glad I did as it gave a much better conclusion.

9/10
  • DUFFMAN5 10 Aug 2014 12:47:27 14,792 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Borderlands 2, Tiny Tina dlc.
    My favorite of the 3 dlc's I have played so far, Tina is a great character and the campaign has her narrating all the way through :-)

Once again GB deliver on the bang for your buck.

"Duffman the grey is thrusting in the direction of the problem! Oh, yeah!"

• Reacher 10 Aug 2014 23:21:51 841 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    The Last of Us.

Well. I had this on the ps3 and for some reason or another, never got round to finishing it.

Having played it to completion, I can't decide whether I really enjoyed it, or sort of hated it.

There were so many gaming clichés in it and often the gun battles in the later stages became the usual "pop-up pirate" style once the stealth had gone as an option. I found Joel randomly bumping in to his brother particularly grating even though it was clearly going to happen.

I also found the weapon switching a bit too fiddly when you were under pressure.

That said, it was graphically excellent and the controls were great apart from the aforementioned.

I felt like it went on for ages though and was just desperate for it to end.

I also thought Joel was a massive dick throughout most of the game.

8/10 - I probably won't play the DLC though.
  • PazJohnMitch 10 Aug 2014 23:29:18 8,149 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I think Joel being a dick was intentional until they made a point of out dicking him with David.

Edited by PazJohnMitch at 23:29:52 10-08-2014
  • DUFFMAN5 11 Aug 2014 05:59:50 14,792 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @Reacher
    You don't play as Joel in the dlc, just in case you didn't realise. I loved it, but then I loved the game.

"Duffman the grey is thrusting in the direction of the problem! Oh, yeah!"

• Reacher 11 Aug 2014 09:25:34 841 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I realised you probably wouldn't play as Joel. I thought the main story was overly long, so I have no enthusiasm to go back in to the universe right now.
  • Rhaegyr 11 Aug 2014 09:32:14 1,844 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Metroid Prime

Still a stone cold classic after all this time. Love everything about it, even the bespoke controls. It's Super Metroid in 3D - simply excellent.

10/10
  • hypoBla5t 11 Aug 2014 10:46:30 1,429 posts
    Seen 17 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Catherine.

Phew. What an ordeal. Loved the story, dreaded the blocks sections. Ridiculously difficult and kind of spoiled it tbh. Still enjoyable though, but not sure if I'd replay it.

8/10
  • Vortex808 11 Aug 2014 13:39:49 7,219 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Gravity Rush (Vita)

I really enjoyed it, nothing too tough and collecting gems bordered on the obsessive a la Crackdown.

Story was fun and reasonably charming. Easy to do a chapter or two a night which is perfect pacing for me these days.

8/10
  • Page

of 414 First / Last