Recently Completed Games Page 400

• Page

of 412 First / Last

• DUFFMAN5 30 May 2014 07:30:07 14,688 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @brigadier

I played this and completed on the 360 a couple of months back, as you say it was more older/better RE. It seemed to review very well with many sites and publications stating the return to a more horror slant as appose to the shoot/shit fest the series has become is only a good thing, along with more fan praise, you never know Capcom might listen!

If you have not played REmake on the cube/wii you really should, along with RE2 it is the definitive RE experiance.

"Duffman the grey is thrusting in the direction of the problem! Oh, yeah!"

• brigadier 30 May 2014 11:27:47 125 posts
    Seen 48 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I've played almost all the Resident Evil games, some more than others. Got some great nostalgic memories of the original game and the REmake. I used to love watching my dad play the original playstation trilogy. Used to scare me too much to play them myself. The stories were great and almost believable. Like it was something that could happen one day. After 3, the story got a bit out of hand and way out of the realms of reality almost into cartoon territory.

REmake is probably the best video game remake ever made and 4 is one of my favourite games ever. Completed it more times than all the others combined. 5 was fun for local co-op with my best mate but that's about it, I would not have played it by myself. It could have had any name attached to it rather than Resident Evil. With 6 I tried the demo which I hated, then saw the reviews. I've stayed well away.
  • super-s1 30 May 2014 13:17:02 407 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 9 months ago
    Yeah i love all the Resi games up to 4. The old ones play as wonky as hell, but are still great fun with some real challenge. REmake's gaphics were unbeleliavabe for a gamecube game and Code Veronica is often over-looked.

I've got Revelations from the sale still to play, which is good.

Edited by super-s1 at 13:19:59 30-05-2014
  • FatSternKikwi 30 May 2014 13:24:36 561 posts
    Seen 24 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Resident evil 6 was an abomination. Still can't get over how bad it was. I say that as someone who really enjoyed 5 (in coop mostly).

Finished resident evil 4 for the 5th time the other day. Still a terrific game.
  • xXJippedXx 30 May 2014 14:03:59 371 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    I still have Resi 6 on my to do list.. can't wait! just cleared Colonial Marines off of it.

xXJippedXx... on EVERYTHING!

• SomaticSense 30 May 2014 14:58:29 8,337 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    FatSternKikwi wrote:
    Resident evil 6 was an abomination. Still can't get over how bad it was. I say that as someone who really enjoyed 5 (in coop mostly).

Finished resident evil 4 for the 5th time the other day. Still a terrific game.
    I'm really interested to see what they do with Resi 7.

Have Capcom listened? Or will they be their usual stubborn "we know best"selves, and take it even further down the realm of shitty action blockbuster?
  • Doomspoon 31 May 2014 13:31:27 2,469 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Doom 3 (BFG version) PC
    Due to the Wolfenstein hype I wanted to play some of the id back catalogue.

I played a pirate version of the original release some years ago on PC and bought a used copy of the Xbox version before the console's HD died shortly after. On the PC I didn't get past the Delta reactor core. I didn't run the duct tape mod either so in both cases I found the flashlight/shooting mechanic annoying despite understanding what the devs were hoping to achieve with the choice.

I like the BFG version despite what's 'wrong' with it. Yes the models look ugly with their pointy, 50 Pence shaped heads, yeas some of the lighting and textures are wonky at times, yes the guns sound feeble and yes the enemy attacks are predictable. I had fun though and I loved the setting. In fact I had a lot of fun with it. I'm looking forward to playing the rest of the BFG package.

It's not a stellar game by any stretch and it has flaws but it didn't frustrate or annoy as I played which can't be said for more recent blockbuster FPS titles.

An enjoyable 7/10
  • Great_Googly_Moogly 31 May 2014 18:54:57 807 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 6 months ago
    Post deleted

PSN: Cloudsheaven
    NNID: Notnits_85
    www.joelstinton.wordpress.com

• Great_Googly_Moogly 31 May 2014 18:54:59 807 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 6 months ago
    Child Of Light

Terrific. I properly liked this and was really engaged with it, which so many games are failing to do these days.

Most of my informative gaming years were J-RPGs, and it been so long since i played one, aside from Ni No Kuni. This really kindled my RPG yearning.

+ Lovely art work, builds on the UBI art frame work, shows off what else it can do.
    When they said they were aiming for FF6 concept drawings i didn't believe they could pull off. They could.

+ Great battle system. Simple to start off with, but grows into something really fun to mess around with. The focus on the time bar is great for stragety/thinking.

+ Good length. Not over burdened, short sweet, but interesting and engaging.
    +Good array of characters
    + Great sound and OST.

- I know the poetic nature of conservation wasn't for everyone, but it never really grated me. So not much of an issue.
    - Difficulty, again not an issue, it got tougher towards the end, you do have to work out the flexibility of the system to ensure success. It kept the game going forward, and doesn't weigh it down.

Highely recommended. 9.5/10

PSN: Cloudsheaven
    NNID: Notnits_85
    www.joelstinton.wordpress.com

• kentmonkey 31 May 2014 19:03:38 20,689 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Fix
  • Vortex808 1 Jun 2014 13:18:08 7,153 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Stick it to the man (PS4)

I enjoyed it a lot. I'm sure it wouldn't be to everyone's taste, but it was a lot of fun to play. I loved the art style and it tried with some humour, even if it was all fairly obvious. It was a nice gentle game with mild puzzling and nothing overly taxing. Back-tracking was aided with chutes too, which was a bonus.

My only gripes were floaty controls making some platform-y bits a fraction more irksome than need be. The latter sections with loads of agents to negotiate past were minorly annoying too. At least there were frequent check points which didn't make it overly teeth-grinding.

A solid 7/10 for me.
  • xXJippedXx 1 Jun 2014 15:38:49 371 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Ghostbusters (PC)

Really fun game, felt like a legit sequel to the movies. Voice acting was brilliant, graphics pretty good and really fun gameplay. Some might find it a bit short but tbh with my backlogue I was quite glad it wasn't padded out with stupid shit.

7/10

xXJippedXx... on EVERYTHING!

• Gunzberg 1 Jun 2014 17:25:54 1,732 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Kirby's Adventure Wii 8/10

Great fun with Kirby's copy ability, fantastic levels, quite lengthy. Has some minigames and the whole thing can be played as MP.

Terrible final boss (think 4 stages with no healing in between). After trying over and over again (even if you die on the final stage you have to do all boss forms again) I gave up.

Steam/PSN/XBL/Nintendo ID/Uplay/Origin: Gunzberg
    Blizzard Battletag: Gunzberg#2718

• JetSetWilly 2 Jun 2014 08:39:22 5,721 posts
    Seen 3 months ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Battlefield 4 (PS3)

I would have abandoned this but it isn't actually long enough to make that possible. Just awful.
  • MothFlesh 3 Jun 2014 17:42:28 370 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 5 months ago
    Transistor PS4 9/10

Absolutely great. One of the best combat systems that I've played in quite a while and has plenty of scope for experimentation. It plays out a little like diablo meets V.A.T.S from fallout. And if your finding it too simple you can always use a limiter.
    Great art direction and a story that doesn't hold your hand. Going back in now for New Game +

• Architect_z 3 Jun 2014 18:07:48 2,385 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Dragons Crown (PS3) - [8.5 / 10]

Really enjoyed thrashing this game, providing you choose a class that suits your gameplay style, its a great game. I loved playing as the Amazon, and the harder difficulties made the game much more interesting.
    I kinda wanna Platinum it, but I've got to get on with completing Dark Souls 2.
  • Wunty_Phyve 7 Jun 2014 00:13:13 1,174 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 8 months ago
    Aliens: colonial marines (360)

Now all the fuss has died down and expectations are at rock bottom...

First, some perspective. I paid a fiver. I expected a hot turd of a game. I was normally slightly inebriated when i played.

But!

8/10

The crap:
    Animation
    Shit textures (some couldn't be arsed loading in)
    Plot
    Animation
    Animation
    Difficulty spikes

The good:
    Sound
    Some bits actually looked ace
    Walk through locations from the film
    Pacing
    Lighting
    Ai (this is obviously post patch)
    Lighting
    Sound
    Music

Yeah intentionally mentioned things more than once. Truth is I really enjoyed it and there were some excellent moments. The credits are rolling and I'm thinking of it fondly. Yes it's ropey. Yet it has the aliens tone nailed.

Get it cheap, get some beers, up the difficulty and be a bit forgiving and it's worth it.

I've written so much because I'm shocked at how much I enjoyed it. Maybe as one of the issues that held it back was graphics and animation. I've recently played dark souls 2 to death which looked like crap compared to preview footage and also assassins creed 3 which got raved about but is actually horrible to look at and play. Glitchy as fuck. This game is less glitchy.

I dunno. I liked it.

Edited by Wunty_Phyve at 00:14:46 07-06-2014

Edited by Wunty_Phyve at 00:16:30 07-06-2014
  • HarryPalmer 7 Jun 2014 13:37:08 3,322 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Wolfenstein - The New Order - 9/10

The best game I've played this year. The best FPS I've played in many years.

Fantastic combat and stealth, varied and interesting levels (the motherfucking moon base had a strong Alien vibe, tons of stuff to collect, great story and really well developed characters. Very similar to The Darkness/Riddick in tone and delivery. Nice old school mechanics with super slick gameplay.

The last level wasn't exactly fun, and you end with a pretty bastard hard boss fight, but up to that point it was fantastic all the way through.

Edited by HarryPalmer at 13:39:06 07-06-2014
  • Kostabi 7 Jun 2014 15:18:36 4,931 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Wolfenstein - The New Order - 9/10

Last boss caused me some problems and I'm not ashamed to admit I had to use the stairs glitch to pass it as I don't find gaming frustration much fun these days.

Even with all that I still think it was a wonderful experience. It certainly deserves more credit for the varied level and weapon design.

Steam says it took me 15 hours which is good value for a single player FPS me thinks.

Edited by Kostabi at 15:19:51 07-06-2014
  • Zomoniac 7 Jun 2014 17:41:45 7,831 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Killzone Shadow Fall

It's really pretty. But none of that detracts from the level design, which in far too many sections is so painfully bad I can only assume in their rush to get this done for launch it was never properly playtested for audience reaction. Platforming sections, memory-test instadeath freefalling, stealth around civilian NPCs who will take four steps, stop and turn around indefinitely looking utterly ridiculous (but will give you away if you are within 3ft of them). It has some good moments, but they're few and far between. But the bad moments are so bad that they make The Library seem like a masterful piece of level design.

• Pierre2k 7 Jun 2014 20:22:56 118 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    xXJippedXx wrote:
    Ghostbusters (PC)

Really fun game, felt like a legit sequel to the movies. Voice acting was brilliant, graphics pretty good and really fun gameplay. Some might find it a bit short but tbh with my backlogue I was quite glad it wasn't padded out with stupid shit.

7/10
    One of my games of the generation. Maybe a random choice but I just found the fundamental mechanics worked perfectly, you had great voice acting from the original cast, and as you note, it felt like Ghostbusters 3. Spectacular game in my opinion. Not perfect, but one of the games I enjoyed most in the 360/PS3 generation.

Better to say nothing and be considered a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt

• IJ 7 Jun 2014 23:44:36 832 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Assassins Creed 4 [PS4]

The only other in the series I've played is two, and I got bored 15 hours into that. There was so much about that game I respected but the whole game just seemed to be one long tutorial. 4 was better, but still suffered from the same problems. First, the technology is still very impressive, the free-running is good, but it's just holding down one button really. The graphics were good and the production standards in general were top notch, excellent voice acting, the fighting animation is very impressive etc. If this had just been cities, I doubt I would have finished it, but the pirating bits were excellent fun (for the first 30 hours) and broke up the city parts which, though fun it small doses, are boring after too long.

Thats the problem with the game really, it just isn't interesting enough for 30-40 hours. The story is complete nonsense, I didn't really get a lot of it so I read the Eurogamer summary and no surprise given the complete toss it is. The game also seemed to just end out of no where, a really poor final 15 minutes. The missions were a mixed bag, some assassin missions were great and some story missions have good open problems which you could solve. But a lot were just repetitive rubbish. So much is style over substance. The fighting, press counter and then square and you'll win every fight. The "boss" battle involves running away and hitting triangle four times to fire your gun. I get you can try and create interesting fights by mixing up the various types of combat but it's just too simple, there is no reason to do so. Occasionally I'd find an animus fragment which was tricky to get, and that was interesting gameplay, using my brain to try and grab it. Why have 400 of them? How about having 30 really interesting ones.

The game is just full of bloat and repetition. So much more could have been done with the boarding ships. How about killing the captain with a sword taken from his own crew mate? Or killing two crew from on top of the ship using a captured scout gun. Or pushing three crew over board etc etc to force us to use the combat. They give you a lot of tools, and sometimes an open-world way of approaching the problem, but I don't think the level design or AI or systems are strong enough or consistent enough to experiment. Farcry 3 was much stronger in this regard.

It's not a bad game despite the above, for the first 20 hours it was a solid 8/10 i had a lot of fun. But by the end it was a bit of a chore. If they honed it down to 20 hours and refined the missions to be more interesting, they'd be much better off.

6.5/10
  • Darth_Flibble 8 Jun 2014 15:57:11 1,694 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Witcher 2 (360)

A truly amazing action RPG (bioware could learn a lot), A great looking world with decent characters (makes dragon age 2 even more childish than it is) and my choices felt like they changed the ending (have to look into that). Bring on the third game

9/10
  • lordofdeadside 8 Jun 2014 18:21:22 1,114 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Dark Souls II - 360

Yeah finished it! Such an incredible feeling of accomplishment. In fact that's Dark Souls' hook, not the difficulty or the obtuse complicated systems, but the sense of achievement from besting an area and it's boss.

The tweaks from the first one definitely helped me enjoy it more, although I can see why some folks weren't too keen. For me, I found it just as difficult and less deliberately frustrating.

The sense of place and atmosphere in each world was wonderful, although perhaps the areas didn't feel as cleverly connected as DS1.

Plenty of folk to help out too, I never would have beaten several bosses without a bowing Sunbro backing me up!

9/10
  • Gunzberg 9 Jun 2014 19:56:50 1,732 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Dragon's Crown Vita 7/10

looks good but often hard to tell your character apart given the amount that is going on and when fighting with 3 allies.

Combat a bit simplistic but the game is perfect for pick up and play. I can see why you need to put in about 4 1/2 hours before the online unlocks by playing the A side of each side first. Online, though great, needs some improvement, e.g. looking for a party for one particular stage rather than just joining a random one would be great.

Overall, 10 hours of nice fun (technically endless as you can keep increasing the difficulty and replaying). Worth a download off Ps+, get it on Vita for the nice touch screen controls

Steam/PSN/XBL/Nintendo ID/Uplay/Origin: Gunzberg
    Blizzard Battletag: Gunzberg#2718

• whatthefu 13 Jun 2014 02:19:24 870 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Just finished Darksiders II and I thought like the first one, it could have been shorter. It was very good at times, other times it felt samey.

• Matt36 13 Jun 2014 17:46:49 1,368 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Fable II

FINALLY completed this 100% achievement wise. What a pain in the arse. Glad its over.

6/10
  • Wunty_Phyve 13 Jun 2014 19:04:07 1,174 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 8 months ago
    @whatthefu I have both darksiders games sitting on my shelf... Are they actually worth a play through or am I probably going to get bored?
  • MatMan562 13 Jun 2014 19:45:58 2,463 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @Wunty_Phyve Do you like Zelda and/ or God of War? The first is like a Zelda game with a simplistic version of the God of War combat, the second is much the same but with some light RPG elements, loot to collect and more of an open-world with some side-quests. I really liked both of them!

XBL/ PSN/ Steam/ NNID - MatMan562

• stryker1121 13 Jun 2014 20:00:28 692 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Darth_Flibble wrote:
    Witcher 2 (360)

A truly amazing action RPG (bioware could learn a lot), A great looking world with decent characters (makes dragon age 2 even more childish than it is) and my choices felt like they changed the ending (have to look into that). Bring on the third game

9/10
    Just started this on 360..liking it but really want to get out of the tutorial/opening siege section so the game opens up. Combat's a bit getting used to as well coming off Dark Souls. Right trigger blocking in particular.

On topic, finished Tomb Raider on 360. Not bad at all despite the ludonarrative whatsitz of Lara's personal plight smacking up against the need to murder hundreds of henchmen. The fighting's satisfying and there's a nice weapon progression system, but there's too much combat, including some very annoying horde-mode type sections.

Other silliness includes Lara getting the living shit knocked out of her at every turn with few ill effects. Not to mention the loads of collectibles around to distract from having to save your mates RIGHT THIS SECOND! It's a very end-of-gen feeling 'gamey' game, if that makes sense.

However, TR gets more fun as you upgrade your weapons and climbing abilities. Core story is not bad and Lara's VA is solid. Looks very nice on 360, and there's a handful of (rather small) tombs to raid. Sequel could use more tomb-raiding as well as combat options that allow you to stealth your way through levels if you so choose.

Overall, a solid reboot with room for improvement.

7.5/10

Edited by stryker1121 at 20:01:42 13-06-2014
  • Page

of 412 First / Last