Recently Completed Games Page 395

• Page

of 422 First / Last

• Gunzberg 18 Apr 2014 16:34:28 1,744 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Easter bank holidays giving me the chance to clear my backlog inculding one massive title:

Xenoblade Chronicles Wii 9/10

What can I say ? It's brilliant. Thanks Sharzam for convincing me to try this. It has so many clever design decisions that take away from the typical JRPG boredom and frustration. Fast travel, pick up quests and hand in whilst you explore the world without going back to NPC bases, real time combat, a fairly decent story (so rare in JRPGs these days). Multiple characters to control, some stunning art direction (Eryth Sea, Frontier Village and Valak Mountain at night are some of the highlights). Between fulling up the collectopedia, doing some of the 400+ side quests, the main quest line, crafting gems to socket, levelling up your party's skills, creating skill links, configuring armour and weapons, building affinity with your party members and NPCs as well as regions - there is so much to do!

Took me 103 hours with the main quest done with my killer DPS party of Shulk, Dunban, Riki at lvl 80. About 90% of side quests done. The game does lose its way in the 2nd half, too much combat and to get 100% completion you need items with ridiculously drop rates (think 2-4% at times random places during certain weather conditions). Game could have been half as long and better for it. In the end you really do feel a proper creative director in charge with a vision instead of a by the numbers RPG churned out to please the accountants. Game is clearly hampered graphically by the Wii but blame Nintendo for that. Also blame Nintendo for the lack of online integration, all the in game achievements and effort I put in is basically only now on the Wii system memory, some kind of online stats would have been a nice reward for all the hours.

Anyway, in short: Got a Wii ? Buy this. Sold your Wii ? Re-buy it. It's so worth it. Who needs Next-gen, lol.

Edited by Gunzberg at 16:35:28 18-04-2014

Steam/PSN/XBL/Nintendo ID/Uplay/Origin: Gunzberg
    Blizzard Battletag: Gunzberg#2718

• Rhaegyr 18 Apr 2014 16:54:44 2,666 posts
    Seen 22 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Can't agree more with the above post - best game on the Wii with SMG.
  • CharlieStCloud 18 Apr 2014 17:00:05 5,350 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Rhaegyr wrote:
    Can't agree more with the above post - best game on the Wii with SMG2.
    I corrected your post just now.

... I actually preferred The Last Story to Xenoblade purely because I managed to complete it (in five months, mind) as oppose to spending twenty odd hours in a month or so barely scratching the surface of the latter game. I just simply do not have a hundred hours or more to put aside for computer games anymore.

: (
  • Gunzberg 18 Apr 2014 19:24:51 1,744 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Needed something short post-Xeno, so...

Journey PS3 9/10

Short, overpriced but an epic and magical journey.

Less truly is more.

• Deleted user 18 April 2014 20:02:59
    Broken Sword: The Serpent's Curse

Brilliant! In my opinion, the best game to come out of Kickstarter. The characters all worked well and had a hint of humour, while the story takes you down the historical route you expect from a Broken Sword game. The artwork is simple gorgeous and makes you realise how much it suits the series. There was only two or three puzzles I weren't too sure of as I thought they were a bit of a grind and not fun, but other then that, really enjoyable.
  • BeardedGamerUK 18 Apr 2014 23:58:50 1,595 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    Recently completed Yakuza 4, Doom 3 BFG Edition, Prototype 2 and XCom the Bureau, all really good and well worth playing :)
  • Vortex808 19 Apr 2014 02:47:30 7,445 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Infamous:Second Son.

Probably the first PS4 game that looked 'next gen' that I played to the end. Played much better than Killzone, but had slightly annoying boss fights.

I loved the use of controller speaker and the spray-painting mini game was fun and our son loved doing them too. He also liked running up buildings, but who wouldn't.

Combat was fun enough, with the powers looking and feeling entertaining to use. Apart from the iffy boss fights there was a lot to like. I'm possibly a bit tainted by the final boss fight glitching in the first stage and having to start it over again, but it was a lot of fun overall.

Story was a little bit balls, but acted well and I enjoyed the setting. Not being able to swim, or at least jump out of the water seemed a bit odd though.

A solid 8/10 for me.

Edited by Vortex808 at 02:48:06 19-04-2014
  • ardamillo 19 Apr 2014 04:18:49 525 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    It's weird how entertaining that spray painting mini game is. I even did most of them again on my second play through to see if there was any difference.
  • Matt36 19 Apr 2014 18:57:07 1,419 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    South Park

Hilarious. Disgusting. Fun. Simple. Perfect for any fan. Perfect for any gamer. Shame it was ruined by 1 missable item for me.

9/10
  • Gunzberg 21 Apr 2014 17:46:17 1,744 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Resistance Burning Skies PS Vita 75%

Picked this up in the PSN Easter Sale for 10 after doing the 60min free trial. It's great fun, the negative reviews really put me off trying it but ignore them.

+ Resistance universe
    + Lots of great weapons each customisable six ways
    + Silky smooth dual analogue FPS control
    + 6 huge SP levels
    + Decent story

- Audio quality terrible, really hard to understand for 40% of the game
    - Gun sounds are meh
    - Graphics have some low res textures more often than not
    - Final boss huge pain in the neck, think instakill with weak points that keep moving and are only targetable for a split second. Took me 10+ tries (hint: Use the Mauler, stand as far back and pray)
    - No one plays the MP so couldn't test

In short: For 10 it was great fun and comes recommended. Not as pretty as Killzone Mercenary but if you enjoyed that try this at the low price.

Edited by Gunzberg at 17:46:57 21-04-2014

• PazJohnMitch 21 Apr 2014 19:35:20 8,601 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Eufloria HD (Vita)

Unique take on the real time strategy genre.

7/10
  • FWB 22 Apr 2014 23:51:02 45,111 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    State of Decay 8.5/10.

Top notch. How a sandbox game should be done. Take note, GTA.

Criticisms would be the limited number of zombie types (combat can get repetitive) and that despite losing a couple of characters, it was never difficult. Would like more of a challenge. But looking forward to a sequel.
  • Zomoniac 23 Apr 2014 09:52:49 7,902 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    inFamous: Second Son

Started off very slowly indeed, and I really struggled to get into it for a while, but it really livened up come the second half. Though I didn't find it overly short as some seemed to, it was definitely unbalanced, with the opening sections dragging on a few hours too long, and the ending seemingly compressed into about 90 minutes of frantic action. But it was a great once all the main powers were unlocked, just flying around and shooting everyone. Also, it's really, really pretty. I'm currently on 81% having done the story and half the side bits, I'll round that up to 100% and then retire it for a few months to play something else before I come back to do an evil expert playthrough.

• Gunzberg 24 Apr 2014 17:37:45 1,744 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Batman: Arkham Origins Cold, Cold Heart DLC 8/10

Quite good, a bit too many fights with gun-toting enemies for my liking. I also hate how enemies are so quick to attack you that you can hardly ever do a ground takedown.

Decent story and settings.

AND most importantly - BUG FREE!

• Dairyfree 24 Apr 2014 22:40:20 1,535 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 months ago
    Metro Last Light(PC)

More of the same really, interesting story and atmosphere with a lame shooting mechanic. Looks good but had a few bugs and glitches.

7/10
  • Bananazniper 24 Apr 2014 23:05:36 676 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Dairyfree wrote:
    Metro Last Light(PC)

More of the same really, interesting story and atmosphere with a lame shooting mechanic.

7/10
    What was wrong with the shooting mechanic? I thought it was a lot tighter and a big improvement from the first game in shooting mechanics. I could understand that argument for the first game, but not the second. Both games were pretty much a 9/10 for me.
  • Dairyfree 24 Apr 2014 23:53:28 1,535 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 months ago
    Every gun feels like a pea shooter, there's no kick or power to them.
  • LockeTribal 25 Apr 2014 21:21:58 4,532 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Finished Bulletstorm on the PS3 today. Lots of fun and lots of puerile humour that actually hit the mark more often than not. Had a lot of fun with the skillshots (even if I did rely on kicking guys into spiky things on a few hectic occasions).Damn shame there probably won't be a sequel.
  • chrisno21 26 Apr 2014 09:00:26 1,544 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    South Park Stick of Truth
    I wasn't sure if it would work as a game or if the jokes would run their course pretty early on, but clearly this has been very hands on with Parker and Stone. It's South Park, the humour, the pitch and the peurile nature of it all. As a big fan it was perfect and hit heaps of comedy moments. Enjoyed it so much I ended up going for the plat.

If you are easily offended or for some other reason don't like South Park then its a game to avoid. The only downside was the simplistic combat, but that was not a problem for anyone who's enjoyed paper mario/superstar saga.

PSN/NNID: chrisno21
    twitter: @NumbersFox

• Recon64 26 Apr 2014 09:47:07 46 posts
    Seen 7 months ago
    Registered 7 months ago
    PS1: Resident Evil, played it relaxed style, ended up not fighting Tyrant, not my best playthrough, would be boring to play identically all the time though.

Gamecube: RE4, never get's old, i just love this version, whilst i have the PS2 copy, it is laughably bad in comparison, no real time light effects, cut down polygon meshes, less visual FX, and an unappealling dull look, even through component in 480p.

PC: The Witcher Enhanced Edition.
    Excellent game, not my usual genre, but a game i enjoyed to the end, currently on number 2.
  • Recon64 26 Apr 2014 09:54:58 46 posts
    Seen 7 months ago
    Registered 7 months ago
    LockeTribal wrote:
    Finished Bulletstorm on the PS3 today. Lots of fun and lots of puerile humour that actually hit the mark more often than not. Had a lot of fun with the skillshots (even if I did rely on kicking guys into spiky things on a few hectic occasions).Damn shame there probably won't be a sequel.
    Excellent game, one of my faves.
    Can't beat feeding your inner child ;)
  • Paulie_P 27 Apr 2014 13:04:47 416 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Infamous: Second Son

Good game but I'm a bit disappointed they haven't pushed on with this series.

Like when I started, I was disappointed the Smoke power was practically the same as Electric from previous games but I thought that was to bring some familiarity to the game. I was wrong, the other powers were pretty much the same.

The morality system is dumb, and even this game has seemed to regress it. Once you make an evil or good karma decision, there's no point making the opposite in later choices.

Bosses need a bit of work, the third power boss is one of the worst I've played in years. It takes an age to whittle down his health.

The gameplay is solid though and I did have fun running about the city. Performing an orbital drop on a crowd is so impowering.

8/10
  • waggy79 27 Apr 2014 13:30:18 1,059 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Journey

My second play through of this, this time in one sitting. Had 2 companions throughout , both had obviously done it a few times as they were guiding me to secrets. No distractions,phone calls etc so enjoyed it more than before.

Still stunning so if they rerelease on ps4 it'll be jaw dropping.

9/10
  • Plant 27 Apr 2014 15:42:47 267 posts
    Seen 34 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I've had a bit of a blitz on games over the past two weeks (the benefit of teaching). I've finished the story lines in Tomb Raider and Second Son on the PS4 and burial at sea on the ps3. I enjoyed all of them, but i wasn't sure about some of the stupid QTEs in tomb raider or the third power boss in second son. A quality bit of condensed gaming pleasure, all due to the fact I was getting more than 30 mins to play a day. Back to BF4 next I think.
  • Ultrasoundwave 27 Apr 2014 15:51:23 3,386 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Titanfall - Xbox One

Campaigns finished and up to Gen 5.

Really, REALLY excellent game - Respawn have produced a piece of magic on their first go and they deserve praise for what they've accomplished.

Yes, the campaign is lacking meat BUT, it does what any FPS campaign is supposed to do : provides a training ground to help you learn the game.

Fast, fluid gameplay (as a pilot) is brilliantly designed and heavy, powerful gameplay as a Titan is surprisingly tactical and very empowering.

If you're an FPS fan, you MUST play this game. Simple.

9/10

"The worst part is, I'll have to have the break-up sex with myself!"

• DUFFMAN5 27 Apr 2014 16:39:34 15,207 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Ultrasoundwave wrote:
    Titanfall - Xbox One

Campaigns finished and up to Gen 5.

Really, REALLY excellent game - Respawn have produced a piece of magic on their first go and they deserve praise for what they've accomplished.

Yes, the campaign is lacking meat BUT, it does what any FPS campaign is supposed to do : provides a training ground to help you learn the game.

Fast, fluid gameplay (as a pilot) is brilliantly designed and heavy, powerful gameplay as a Titan is surprisingly tactical and very empowering.

If you're an FPS fan, you MUST play this game. Simple.

9/10
    Im lvl 49, just about to G up! 20 hours in and I agree re a lot of your points. It is a brilliant game. I do think the campaign could have had more meat and lore, hopefully that will come, in T2. I tend to measure a lot of campaigns to the Gears series, although in 3rd person of course. You can have a full campaign and have an excellent online fps.

"Duffman the grey is thrusting in the direction of the problem! Oh, yeah!"

• RyanDS 27 Apr 2014 19:50:30 9,709 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Final fantasy x on the vita.

First time I have played this and it is rather superb. Looks stunning. Great story and memorable characters. Better than 6 7, 8 and 13. Not sure whether this or 9 is the best in the series for me.

Beautiful ending as well. I think I have something in my eye.

9/10
    Only let down by some grinding required towards the end.

Oh. The soundtrack also deserves a mention.

Edited by RyanDS at 19:50:56 27-04-2014
  • coomber 27 Apr 2014 20:43:01 341 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    RyanDS wrote:

Glad it wasn't just me! High five ;-)
  • RyanDS 27 Apr 2014 21:28:02 9,709 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    coomber wrote:
    RyanDS wrote:

Glad it wasn't just me! High five ;-)
    And I just started x2...

Um...
    Er...
    What the?
    Um. ..
  • Page

of 422 First / Last