Recently Completed Games Page 394

• Page

of 425 First / Last

• MatMan562 15 Apr 2014 19:17:26 2,605 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @Raiko101 Yeah, I'm not expecting to love Other M like I do the others. I've briefly played Super Metroid (maybe 30 minutes or so) but that's all for the 2D games. I didn't even know there was a Metroid 2 to be honest. So there's Metroid, Metroid 2, Super Metroid and Metroid Fusion, any others?

XBL/ PSN/ Steam/ NNID - MatMan562

• Raiko101 15 Apr 2014 19:23:15 6,715 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @MatMan562 There's Metroid: Zero Mission, which is a remake of the original game. It holds up as well as Super Metroid and Metroid Fusion, and you'll likely have more patience for it. However, the original Metroid is easier to get hold of.

There's also Metroid Prime: Hunters, which was mediocre, if i'm honest. A not-too-bad twitch shooter with online multiplayer, but the single player campaign was woeful. Nothing like the other games.

Edited by Raiko101 at 19:23:33 15-04-2014

3DS: 4210 4002 8289 (Dave)
    Wii U: Raiko87 (Dave)
    Xbox Live: Raiko87

• FortysixterUK 15 Apr 2014 21:41:11 391 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Dark Souls 2.

It took a while to settle in, and my initial impressions were that it was not as good as DS1.
    However, a 114 hour save to completion ( I ghosted nearly every zone, thats why it took so long, well , that and it was my first play through ), and my impression of the game has changed. It's as good as DS1 in every important aspect , and actually improves over it in another... The fact that the regular mobs can be farmed to extinction after 10 kills. This alone is a game changer for me. Once you clear a zone , you feel quite empowered.

Until you reach a boss of course.
  • spindle9988 15 Apr 2014 21:51:13 3,676 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    FortysixterUK wrote:
    Dark Souls 2.

It took a while to settle in, and my initial impressions were that it was not as good as DS1.
    However, a 114 hour save to completion ( I ghosted nearly every zone, thats why it took so long, well , that and it was my first play through ), and my impression of the game has changed. It's as good as DS1 in every important aspect , and actually improves over it in another... The fact that the regular mobs can be farmed to extinction after 10 kills. This alone is a game changer for me. Once you clear a zone , you feel quite empowered.

Until you reach a boss of course.
    I though this but the only reason you get to kill em 10 times is due to constant death
  • Deleted user 15 April 2014 22:00:20
    The crooked man
    Free to download:http://vgperson.com/games/crookedman.htm

Good little mild horror game with a interesting plot.

Edited by Adv at 22:07:14 15-04-2014
  • Derblington 16 Apr 2014 01:52:51 22,287 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Just got the Platinum on Rayman Origins. Some of the speed trophies were tough but it's one of those games where it was never really a chore and is a solid accomplishment to have done and dusted.

I can finally start Rayman Legends tomorrow!
  • Garrie_W1992 16 Apr 2014 09:24:02 44 posts
    Seen 3 months ago
    Registered 8 months ago
    Recently just completed Assassins Creed IV: Black Flag; was a surprisingly good game that i thoroughly enjoyed. Now i just have to collect all of the animus fragments and all the random chests to 100% the main game.

I am now looking for a new game to start playing on my PS4 that has a strong single player; any suggestions?
  • HarryPalmer 16 Apr 2014 10:04:54 3,585 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @Garrie_W1992 - I enjoyed both Killzone and Infamous, but they aren't ground breaking in any way. I would rate them both higher than Black Flag though.

Outlast is fun. Metal Gear Solid is brilliant. If you havnt played Fez, it's one of the best games I've ever played.
  • Deleted user 16 April 2014 10:10:45
    Hotline Miami. Gutted it's over really, but can see myself playing it time and time again. Awesome atmospheric soundtrack, simply yet addictive, puzzle type gameplay. Didn't expect anything like it.

10/10.
  • Garrie_W1992 16 Apr 2014 10:14:52 44 posts
    Seen 3 months ago
    Registered 8 months ago
    @HarryPalmer I actually have Killzone but have not looked toward the single player, i will have to give it a try as i am a fan of the Killzone series. I have been meaning to get Infamous: Second Sun because it does look like it's a great game; i will be purchasing it very soon. Thank you.

I have played a little Outlast; a very good game by all accounts. I have not heard of Fez, is it on the PSN Store?
  • HarryPalmer 16 Apr 2014 10:22:00 3,585 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @Garrie_W1992 - Yeah Fez is on the store, seriously, get it.

I had a lot of fun with Killzone.
  • Garrie_W1992 16 Apr 2014 10:24:04 44 posts
    Seen 3 months ago
    Registered 8 months ago
    @HarryPalmer I will have a look later on. Thanks for the help.
  • Great-Googly-Moogly 16 Apr 2014 10:30:23 1,296 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 months ago
    Yeah, plus 1 for fez, took me 20 hours to complete, so much to see and work out in that game. I did tire of it from over playing at one point, but i took a few days off and went back and it felt fresh again.

PSN: Cloudsheaven
    NNID: Notnits_85
    Photography: www.joelstinton.wordpress.com
    Games: www.joelsgamereview.wordpress.com

• PazJohnMitch 16 Apr 2014 11:29:43 8,729 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Just finished Fez. (9/10) for me although a few of the puzzles did not work properly on the Vita. (Lack of rumble).

Nice mix of inventive platforming first half and puzzling on NG+.
  • kinky_mong 16 Apr 2014 11:35:33 10,867 posts
    Seen 20 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Derblington wrote:
    Just got the Platinum on Rayman Origins. Some of the speed trophies were tough but it's one of those games where it was never really a chore and is a solid accomplishment to have done and dusted.

I can finally start Rayman Legends tomorrow!
    Congrats, it's a good feeling to platinum that game.

Don't expect to do the same for Legends unless you've got the patience to play the same four challenge maps every day for 6 months.

All the eurogamers who actually play with each other on xbl rather than just post pseudointellectual pc handwringing bollocks on the forums, love the shit out of biggy.

• Kichijoten 16 Apr 2014 15:03:32 2,279 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 11 months ago
    Hitman absolution.

Nearly finished after getting it free on xbox.

I'm sure there was an excellent game there but I never found it.
    I've never played a hitman game before but for me it was all wrong. It seems to want you to play full stealth a bit like an old splinter cell game but the map layouts and guard placement is very erratic.

In most games like this if you raise the alarm or get spotted your life is made a lot harder and you are unlikely to survive. In hitman by maybe the fifth level I realised it is piss easy just to walk through the level like you are the terminator going through the police station in the original terminator.

The stealth just isn't implemented well enough and as soon as something goes slightly wrong there isn't much point in trying to correct it as it is so easy and satisfying to execute the entire map with head shots.

The assassinations are mostly crap too, you either shoot them (which is generally v easy) or you drop something on their head.

The story is terrible and characters even worse. By the half eat point I just skipped most cut scenes. W.T.F are big boobed women doing in tight leather bondage nuns outfits, seriously Wtf were the developers thinking?? It looked rediculous and surely everyone bar some young teenage boys found it bizarre.

On a positive it looks quite nice and the levels are varied and look the part (although most aren't designed well).
    It also had fun combat and executing several people at a time using the precision targeting tool never got old. In addiction the aiming felt right and is one of the better games around to pull off quick satisfying head shots. The rare occasion the stealth option worked it was good. Playing dushonoured and this together highlights how average it is when it comes to being sneaky and planning your moves.

I imagine this is a game best played on expert mode with no hud or special abilities.

5/10.

Edited by Kichijoten at 10:45:23 17-04-2014
  • kinky_mong 16 Apr 2014 15:06:06 10,867 posts
    Seen 20 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Kichijoten wrote:
    The assassinations are mostly crap too, you either shoot them (which is generally v easy) or you drop something on their head.
    There are some pretty good assassinations in there if you have the inclination and patience to set them up. Not nearly enough though compared to previous games which is why it's a pretty poor Hitman game.

All the eurogamers who actually play with each other on xbl rather than just post pseudointellectual pc handwringing bollocks on the forums, love the shit out of biggy.

• HarryPalmer 16 Apr 2014 21:46:32 3,585 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Fez - 10/10

This is why I play games. Easily one of my favorite games of all time, technically and emotionally. A work of real craftsmanship and imagination.
  • Gunzberg 17 Apr 2014 10:40:11 1,752 posts
    Seen 58 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Toy Soldiers: Cold War 360 (free with GoG) 8/10

I hate tower defense style games but this was great fun with the ability to jump in and control different structures and vehicles. Gets a bit repetitive and the final level is a bitch but glad this was free with gold otherwise I would have never experienced it.

Steam/PSN/XBL/Nintendo ID/Uplay/Origin: Gunzberg
    Blizzard Battletag: Gunzberg#2718

• Kichijoten 17 Apr 2014 10:47:55 2,279 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 11 months ago
    My hitman review yesterday was written with a few levels left. Loaded it last night to complete it and the bloody saved corrupted. Nearly deleted the game but instead blitzed it, took two hours to get to the 17th of 20 levels. Just re enforced how easy it is to play it rambo.
  • ardamillo 17 Apr 2014 12:40:18 525 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Infamous Second Son

My first platinum! Feels good.

Enjoyed the second (evil) play through more as I didn't have to do all the side stuff, and could go crazy destroying everything. It does break the story a bit though.

One of those games I don't think will age well, but it's a great showpiece for PS4 and doesn't outstay its welcome.

8/10
  • Gunzberg 17 Apr 2014 15:25:16 1,752 posts
    Seen 58 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Deadlight 360 4/10

Pretty graphics can not hide hugely frustrating, shoddily designed trial and error gameplay with floatyish controls. Without the constant dying and waiting to reload the game would be over in 2 hours. Dull story too.

Do not buy, do not download free, just ignore it and live happier.

• wuntyphyve 17 Apr 2014 16:11:00 1,582 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 11 months ago
    @Gunzberg oh behave it's not that bad and is certainly worth a play through.
  • Gunzberg 17 Apr 2014 16:33:19 1,752 posts
    Seen 58 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @Wunty_Phyve Act 1 is ok, Act 2 is dire and Act 3 awful.

Had this been properly designed it might have scraped a 7.

• JiveHound 17 Apr 2014 17:15:04 2,724 posts
    Seen 25 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Hotline Miami.

Superb. A little bit tricky to get used to on the Vita but once you get it it's like an ultra violent Tony Hawks trying to find the best blood soaked racing line you can.

Hypnotising aesthetics, intriguing story and amazing sound design. Perfect size, pace and difficulty. You feel a mastery by the end which entices you to return, do better and find the secrets.

Have to give it 10/10.

Live: Jive Hands
    PSN: Jive_Hands

• wuntyphyve 17 Apr 2014 17:36:29 1,582 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 11 months ago
    @Gunzberg I must have played a different game then. Whilst not great it's far from awful and worth a play through. Maybe I'm more forgiving...
  • Gunzberg 17 Apr 2014 17:38:59 1,752 posts
    Seen 58 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @Wunty_Phyve I was enjoying it till it's trial and error gameplay took over in Act 2 and continued till the end. Endlessly repeating sections with a ridiculous load screen (press any key to reload-well why not just reload then automatically). Then Act 3 was just a farce and the game shot itself in the foot.

I can really now understand all the metacritic reviews slating this game. It only has itself to blame.

• Kichijoten 17 Apr 2014 17:44:40 2,279 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 11 months ago
    Trial and error gameplay? You mean you're shit at it :)

I had no issues with it control wise and only had to repeat a couple of bits in the final act but that was my fault for making errors. The game had shown me before what my character could do. In fact you've made me want to play it again.

I did a speed run and I'm somewhere in the top 500 in the world. Amazing how fast one can complete games second time through.

8/10.
  • Gunzberg 17 Apr 2014 18:24:57 1,752 posts
    Seen 58 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @Kichijoten Not shit enough not to complete it :)

But no it wasn't any fun.

• andytheadequate 17 Apr 2014 20:43:36 8,361 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @Gunzberg - it really is a terrible game. It's a nice setting bit the gameplay is awful
  • Page

of 425 First / Last