Recently Completed Games Page 377

• Page

of 425 First / Last

• HelloNo 13 Jan 2014 23:58:55 1,270 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Consortium.

Er, wtf man? Not quite sure what this is, but I enjoyed it.

Definitely going to play through it again. It's a bit confusing but a nice little romp.

8/10
  • Zomoniac 14 Jan 2014 10:39:59 7,979 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Tearaway

Starts off lovely and happy, just gets lovely and happier. Every time you think they've run out of features to make gameplay gimmicks out of they manage to drag another one from somewhere. The rescue tilt maze is glorious. Short but feels like a perfect length for what they're trying to do.

• Arrr9 14 Jan 2014 20:16:13 449 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Tomb Raider ( the new one ) - Gave up after only an hour or so at release because of some weird graphical hitch. Started it again just before Christmas with a new video card and it was bloody brilliant.

I was never a big fan of earlier Tomb Raiders so all the shooty stuff didn't bother me and has pretty much the best gunplay I've come across ( especially the bow and arrow ). In summary: Pretty amazing and a lot better than I was lead to believe it would be, the incredible graphics are the icing on the cake.
  • Rodney 14 Jan 2014 21:30:20 1,922 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Red Dead Redemption: Undead Nightmare

I'm glad it was short. The missions were boring, some being just 'travel other side of the map, pick some flowers'. This,was made worse by the fact that horses were so rare, you'd sometimes have to walk to the next town.

It was nice being back in the world of RDR which still has some amazing scenery and but it with all the zombies it lost some of its Western atmosphere. Not sure if they played around with the day/night cycle either but it seemed like whole game too place at night. I only saw one sun set/rise.

4/10
  • Deleted user 14 January 2014 22:18:14
    Rodney wrote:
    Red Dead Redemption: Undead Nightmare

I'm glad it was short. The missions were boring, some being just 'travel other side of the map, pick some flowers'. This,was made worse by the fact that horses were so rare, you'd sometimes have to walk to the next town.

It was nice being back in the world of RDR which still has some amazing scenery and but it with all the zombies it lost some of its Western atmosphere. Not sure if they played around with the day/night cycle either but it seemed like whole game too place at night. I only saw one sun set/rise.

4/10
    My sentiments exactly. I loved RDR to bits and think it's one of the best games ever created but not too into this. I'm at the aforementioned flower picking and I've given up. I just don't like it. It doesn't work.
  • Rodney 14 Jan 2014 23:12:33 1,922 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I'm a big fan of RDR too but you're not missing much with this. The missions don't get much better than flower picking. There's some enjoyment to be had just being in that world again but it seems so much more lifeless with zombies everywhere.

Edited by Rodney at 23:14:50 14-01-2014
  • Rens11 15 Jan 2014 01:20:20 1,464 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Killzone Shadowfall

Big fan of Killzone 2 and 3 so had high hopes for this, unfortuantly doesn't live up to my expectations. Graphics are stunning probably the best I've ever seen particularly liked the look of episode 8, however the game feels like your typical launch game and is fairly short and less bombastic when compared to killzone 2 and 3. The main problem I had with the game was the signposting whereby I found myself frequently running around trying to find where to go despite using the dpad icon thing. Found the game a lot more immersive without the HUD and the silly owl icon near your recticule just a bit of an oversight that they also disable the locater (dpad +up). Despite that I did enjoy the game the weapons could have been better as they feel mostly the same but the AI is as good as ever

7/10

Edited by Rens11 at 01:24:27 15-01-2014

Dont kid yourself, Jimmy. If a cow ever got the chance, hed eat you and everyone you care about!

• DUFFMAN5 15 Jan 2014 19:03:30 15,390 posts
    Seen 23 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    My second completed game of 2014 is Bulletstorm

I thought it was fun enough without being spectacular. I think I managed to get to the end screen in maybe 8 hours ? (Normal skill level) story was mostly pants and didn't like the characters that much. The World was nicely realized however and the guns had nice alt firing modes, some of the skillkills were fun. Reminded me of Singularity/Borderlands with a touch of Gears.

Have no great desire to farm for extra cheveo's, I might give the Echo (speed run/arcade type thing) a couple of goes, it does also have a nice "Horde" style mode, which could be fun.

6/10

"Duffman the grey is thrusting in the direction of the problem! Oh, yeah!"

• lordofdeadside 15 Jan 2014 22:07:10 1,162 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    30 Flights of Loving - mac

Caught up on this after a reminder from the EG podcast. It's wonderful; original, smart and moving, a great little story.

10/10

Republic - ipad

Really enjoyed it, the stealth works really well with a touch screen due he method of giving commands to the main character. I found game world intriguing and full of detail. The first part didn't have much in the way of environment or enemy variety, and the occasional camera angle frustrated. Still, I enjoyed it enough to cough up for the season pass!

8/10

Resogun

Looks great but could do with some better signposting for the humans and explanation of some of the game mechanics. I found it suffered from a nice smooth difficulty curve that hit an insurmountable cliff after normal mode. Pretty decent, but i've not really been tempted to go back to it.

6/10

*edit added Republic

Edited by lordofdeadside at 22:12:35 15-01-2014
  • stevefisher 16 Jan 2014 07:53:55 2 posts
    Seen 6 months ago
    Registered 11 months ago
    I've beaten the following games this month:

Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons (PC) 02/01/2014; 8/10
    Delver (Early Access; PC) 05/01/2014; 7/10
    Wario Land 2 (3DS VC, GBC) 09/01/2014; 7/10
    Ys Origin (PC) Yunica 09/01/2014; 8/10

Though I'm still far from done with Wario Land 2 (trying to 100% it) as well Ys Origin (onto Hugo on Nightmare... and it's kicking my arse :( )

Working on these, although I've been playing System Shock 2 instead.
  • Angry_Man_Dan 16 Jan 2014 09:57:42 210 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Three games completed in the last few days; good start to the year in terms of tackling the backlog!

Lego Marvel Super Heroes - enjoyed every minute of this, story complete (along with a fair amount of side missions etc) in around 25 hours, still plenty to do, namely finishing the rest of the Deadpool missions. Parked Lego City Undercover after the first mission in order to complete this, so it's back to that now! 9/10

Ratchet and Clank: Into the Nexus - return to form for the series, nice continuation and finish to the PS3 trilogy story and, at times, a real looker. A few frame rate issues, but a decent length (finished in about 7 hours, a bit longer than I was expecting). Will go back for a challenge mode playthrough at some point. 8/10

Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons - Great atmosphere and scenery, perhaps could have been a little more taxing puzzle-wise, but enjoyable enough. Interesting control scheme, but became second nature once you got used to it. 8/10

PSN / NNID -Angry_Man_Dan
    Live - AngryManDanHD

• PazJohnMitch 16 Jan 2014 10:33:56 8,727 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Lego Marvel is huge. Currently at 30 hours and 70% complete.

Finished story in about 10 hours too.

Is there anyway to invert the camera (PS4) it is driving me insane.
  • SomaticSense 16 Jan 2014 10:47:30 9,144 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Painkiller: Hell and Damnation.

Loved the original, so an Unreal Engine'd rework for the price of an XBLA game (in MS's current 360 sale of the week)? Why not.

It's still massive fun. Proof that the old school Doom/Quake/Serious Sam style of twitch strafe'n'shoot is far more fun than it's CoD-esque modern equivalent. Loved it from the first minute to the last.

However, those minutes are extremely brief, as it is a very short game. Like, shorter than my own cock, short. I have no idea precisely how short, as the statistics screen details every stat except for your playing time, probably with good reason as it would only highlight the tiny length, but it was over in two short bursts over the last two days. I am positive the original PC version had much more levels, with the disjointed 'did I miss a cutscene' narrative highlighting this is bright neon green.

This would be bad enough, especially if it was purchased at the full price. But it gets worse. In a shocking case of nickel and diming, it looks quite a lot like those missing levels are being sold seperately as DLC. There's nothing quite like cutting content from the original to sell seperately for the remake!

4/10 (would be an 8/10 but for the shocking DLC practise)
  • StixxUK 16 Jan 2014 11:02:17 7,290 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    @lordofdeadside
    Re 30 flights, have you played Gravity Bone? I wanted to try the former, but had a go on thw latter before splashing out (as it's free) and found it to be a bit crap, not to to mention buggy as hell...
  • Punctum 16 Jan 2014 11:51:14 1,045 posts
    Seen 47 minutes ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    Assassins Creed 4

Once the novelty wears off (about half way through the story) it becomes quite dull and repetitive, as you've pretty much seen everything the game has to offer. Same types of missions, same old animations, same old mechanics. There's little challenge either, even in the last third.

A shame, as up to the half way point it was enjoyable.
  • lordofdeadside 16 Jan 2014 13:08:48 1,162 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    @StixxUK I'm actually playing Gravity Bone at the moment (as it comes with 30 Flights). Enjoying it, but it does seem to have more game elements in it, more exact jumps to make and items to use, that kind of thing. I'm finding this is where it falls short a little.

30 Flights is much more of a (and I dislike this term) interactive experience, it's pretty much about soaking up the details and setting and being delighted by the story!
  • Bremenacht 16 Jan 2014 21:25:28 19,656 posts
    Seen 46 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Punctum wrote:
    Assassins Creed 4

Once the novelty wears off (about half way through the story) it becomes quite dull and repetitive, as you've pretty much seen everything the game has to offer. Same types of missions, same old animations, same old mechanics. There's little challenge either, even in the last third.

A shame, as up to the half way point it was enjoyable.
    Gah. I guessed it might be like that. Did you play on PS4/Onesie? I'm guessing the pretties helped mask the ordinariness for a while?

Anyone have the same experience? I'd love to enjoy an AC game again, but beyond the Piratey sea-fun, I doubt there's much here that isn't a chore.
  • Rodney 16 Jan 2014 21:41:28 1,922 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    That's been my experience of all the Assassins Creed games. They would benefit from a smaller world and fewer collectables I think. There's so much filler/padding in those games.
  • Punctum 16 Jan 2014 21:57:25 1,045 posts
    Seen 47 minutes ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    @Bremenacht
    Played it on the PS4. It's pretty in the sense of the resolution and textures looking nice, but that's about it. The problem lies in the locations - they're just not as interesting as the previous games.

I've actually gone back to AC2 on the PS3. Better in every way.
  • Tomo 16 Jan 2014 23:50:40 13,980 posts
    Seen 20 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Gunpoint - 6/10

It's decent. Certainly inventive initially, but the solutions to the buildings feel very similar very quickly. A fun few hours, but needed a bit more meat on its bones to be a classic indie game for me.
  • Zomoniac 17 Jan 2014 09:13:31 7,979 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Sonic: Lost World

Initially full of promise, glorious fun zipping through the colourful levels. But the difficulty level is all over the place and some of the levels are hard to the point that it completely stops being fun and any sense of satisfaction that should be had from finishing them is replaced only with relief of not having to do it again.

• PazJohnMitch 18 Jan 2014 10:11:04 8,727 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Lego Marel Superheroes (PS4)

Most ambitious Lego game yet. A lot of fun but overly repetitive in quest types and no option to invert camera. Yet it kept me away from GTAV and I was looking forward to playing it.

8/10
  • Humperfunk 18 Jan 2014 15:45:37 2,492 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker HD

One of the best games ever made.

10/10

PSN, XBL & NNID: Wedjwants

• Dav_UK2007 18 Jan 2014 17:17:47 70 posts
    Seen 4 months ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Uncharted. All this talk of completing back logs before joining the next gen has inspired me to take a look at some of the titles uve missed in PS3 and 360. Kept my interest all of the way through buy thought that the shooting sections dragged on far too long but not sure if this was because I didn't realise but I was playing on hard difficulty. Anyway, am set up now for part 2 which is meant to be much better.
  • dsmx 18 Jan 2014 17:27:00 7,726 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @Dav_UK2007 Just remember going into Uncharted 2 that it's essentially an action movie, so just sit back and enjoy the ride.

"If we hit that bullseye the rest of the dominoes will fall like a a house of cards, checkmate." Zapp Brannigan

• Gunzberg 18 Jan 2014 18:45:09 1,751 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Ratchet & Clank Nexus 9/10

+ Flawless R&C action
    + Decent story and script
    + Fitting epilogue to the HD series
    + Great upgradeable weapons
    + Beautiful levels
    + Budget price
    + Less Captain Qwark
    + Lots of extra challenges to achieve all skill points
    + Doesn't outstay its welcome

- Game froze up on me twice completely, once requiring a hard PS3 reset and other times a game reset
    - Once you have completed some levels in the story mode, parts get blocked off and you can never get some collectibles again
    - Only four planets and one battle arena

Steam/PSN/XBL/Nintendo ID/Uplay/Origin: Gunzberg
    Blizzard Battletag: Gunzberg#2718

• munki83 18 Jan 2014 20:38:32 1,453 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    The Testament of Sherlock Holmes 6/10

I got this as part of a humble bundle or weekly sale and I've enjoyed the majority of the game. The game tells an interesting story but its not spectacular. The voice acting goes from good to really terrible. There is some kids in the intro movie who are cringe worthy. The game has a mix of puzzles in it which keeps things interesting and nothing is too taxing although some puzzles could do with better explanation. The controls still need tweaking as they are a bit clunky and the graphics are ok. Not terrible but could do with a lot of work.

On a side not its good to play a game every now and then that is a bit crap. Its kinda like having to sit through a terrible movie. It puts things in perspective about what is good and not good. Even though TSH was made in 2012 it feels a lot older in terms of gameplay. I'm tempted to playthough the Game of Thrones RPG to see how that is....however that may just be the worst idea ever since I have Rambo the Video Game to look forward to in a month or so.
  • muttler 18 Jan 2014 21:04:17 4,286 posts
    Seen 16 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Aliens Colonial Marines

Blimey, where to begin. Lets start at the ending, it was shit. It's all shit. The very few good bits there are actually serve to make it more depressing that the game is so terrible.

What good bits you say? Well most of the levels are very poorly put together and very low res, but every now and then there's a dim glimmer of promise that almost shows itself. The odd logo, not the WY ones, but the numbers on doors and things. The guns barely work and the upgrades are haphazard but the guns mostly at least look like they fit in the Aliens universe. The APCs are kind of ruined by being everywhere, but the Dropships look kind of cool. The Smart guns are kind of fun. The odd bit of scenery and structure occasionally looks ok. The level in the sewers where you have no weapons is almost tense, even though the "Boiler" aliens are ridiculous.

I'd like to have had a go at the multiplayer, but I haven't found a single match.

Anyway, I think it's a 3/10, but it has to lose at least 1 point for the complete ruination of the best sci fi property. In fact, at the end Bishop is asked, "Have we got what we need?", and he answers, "We've got everything" as the ship sails off into space. Sounded very much like a piss take from Gearbox to Sega and all of us.

2/10
  • Dombat 18 Jan 2014 21:32:06 358 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Tearaway

Such a charming and well created game. Although it feels like young children would enjoy it most, I think the level design is good enough that it holds up for people of all ages. Yes it's a short game, but some games suit being longer than others and this constantly throws new ideas at you and ends before outstaying its welcome, which I find too many games don't.

9/10
  • Doomspoon 18 Jan 2014 23:08:41 2,512 posts
    Seen 37 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Metro 2033 PC

I picked it up in a Humble Bundle some time back and played it in fits and bursts. I largely enjoyed it but found some bits a bit frustrating, variable enemy AI and variable weapon precision, possibly mixed with iffy hit detection resulted in a fair few deaths.

I really liked the setting, grim as it was and mostly it looked very nice, certainly the lighting and condensation effects on the gas mask were brilliant. I'm looking forward to playing the sequel on PS+ despite taking a long time on 2033. It began as a bit of a slow burner for me but picked up towards the end.

8/10
  • Page

of 425 First / Last