Recently Completed Games Page 374

• Page

of 406 First / Last

• Deleted user 2 January 2014 12:35:07
    @BillCityfingers now whilst I totally understand yours and countless others love for red dead I couldn't get on with it. I got it on release and got as far as mexico and got bored. I then sold it and maybe a year later got it cheap and tried again....nope I gave up again. Then I got undead nightmare....you guessed it, I gave up.

I can see the greatest there but find it dull, I can only presume it is because I never liked cowboys and westerns. It was just a dull Gta where most of the map was desert, rocks, bushes and wildlife.
  • Deleted user 2 January 2014 19:16:34
    @Choppi to be fair I got bored and dropped it two or three missions in. Went back a few months later and everything clicked.

Big fan of the dollars trilogy growing up. Plus once upon a time in the west, pale rider, all through open range, quick and the dead, silverado and countless others. With red dead, rockstar breathed life into all those films I loved. I wore a poncho, I had a duster coat. There were no good guys. The dialogue and delivery was/is immense. It's actually managing to elicit real emotion from me and I'm still not finished with it, yet can't be far.

I think you've definitely got to love your westerns to get the most from it though. If you ever go back to it, soldier on through Mexico (I really enjoyed it actually). The last section is stunning.

Not sure I'll do undead nightmare. I have it but, those are two genres I don't think I want spliced together.
  • munki83 2 Jan 2014 21:53:04 1,402 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Bioshock Infinite(PC) 8/10

Ok so I powered through the last 7 hours of Bioshock Infinite today. Explored as much as possible and I think I only missed about 10 of the recordings so not too bad.

Anyway I almost gave up on this game in the first 6 hours which I started playing about 2 or 3 weeks ago. I wasn't invested in the story and I found the combat to be dull. However the later half of the game is really good. The combat doesn't get much better but the story picks up its pace and comes to a great conclusion at the end.

The game will make you think especially if you've played the original bioshock.

This game went from almost being abandoned to a solid 8/10 for me. Would highly recommend it if you love stories in your video games.

Will try out the DLC tomorrow

Edited by munki83 at 21:53:21 02-01-2014
  • Deleted user 2 January 2014 23:55:26
    Well. Big surprise.

Red Dead Redemption (360)

Where do I begin? I'll cut it short.

10/10

Epic.

And sad :-(
  • Tomo 3 Jan 2014 00:10:28 13,882 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    GTA V - 9/10

Really fun, but let's be honest, it hasn't really evolved enormously since GTA III. Not that it really needs to. Shooting is still whack-a-mole, which is the most disappointing part, but thankfully it's rarely difficult enough to be frustrating. V is much better than IV, but the story sags in the middle as you get inundated with missions and the thread of the main plot is lost amongst all the side quests. Vice City is still the king of the 3D GTAs.
  • hypoBla5t 3 Jan 2014 07:41:53 1,365 posts
    Seen 54 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Dear Esther

Basically I was so tired that I lacked the hand-eye coordination to play anything else.

Yeah, it was ok. Liked it about as much as Proteus.

7/10
  • Deleted user 3 January 2014 08:06:52
    Rayman legends.

Best 2d platformer I've played since the snes. Loads of variety, lots of humour, fun bosses, a good challenge, pretty visuals great soundtrack. What more could you want?

9.5/10 loses .5 for so v annoying levels right at the end.

Goty contender.
  • quadfather 3 Jan 2014 11:25:44 11,874 posts
    Seen 57 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Tomb Raider

9/10 - really enjoyed it, despite the QTE's. Only finished with 75% completion and might try survivor mode, but there's so many other things to play at the moment. It's making me want to try far cry 3 again actually. Shit, add another game to the list

psn quaddy456, Dark Souls tips

• Paulie_P 3 Jan 2014 11:30:28 411 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @Choppi yeah they were annoying weren't they? And I didn't like that they were rehashes of earlier levels. Still, it's a brilliant game.
  • munki83 3 Jan 2014 15:51:09 1,402 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Brothers - A Tale of Two Sons 6/10

This is a spolierific review...

I'm sur I would of liked this game better if it wasn't spoiled to me by reviewers and random comments. Most reviews haven't said what the twist is but a vague hint is all that is required and it spoils the twist. Also I didn't feel any empathy towards the two brothers this could be just me as I know lots of people online say this game reduced them to tears.

I finished the game in one sitting and Steam says its taken me about 3 hours to go through it. I'd say its value for money if you're into games like ICO and Shadow of the Colossus
  • brigadier 3 Jan 2014 15:58:48 107 posts
    Seen 25 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Finally got around to finishing A Link Between Worlds. Excellent game, one of the best the 3DS has to offer (which is a lot!). If only it was a little bit longer, I'd give it a perfect score but alas I moseyed through it in about 15 hours.

9.5/10
  • Physically_Insane 3 Jan 2014 16:17:59 8,659 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    munki83 wrote:
    Brothers - A Tale of Two Sons 6/10

This is a spolierific review...

I'm sur I would of liked this game better if it wasn't spoiled to me by reviewers and random comments. Most reviews haven't said what the twist is but a vague hint is all that is required and it spoils the twist. Also I didn't feel any empathy towards the two brothers this could be just me as I know lots of people online say this game reduced them to tears.

I finished the game in one sitting and Steam says its taken me about 3 hours to go through it. I'd say its value for money if you're into games like ICO and Shadow of the Colossus
    I knew nothing about it apart from Brad from GiantBomb banging on about it in various podcasts/videos. Still seen the ending coming from a mile away.
  • Gunzberg 3 Jan 2014 16:50:39 1,731 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    brigadier wrote:
    Finally got around to finishing A Link Between Worlds. Excellent game, one of the best the 3DS has to offer (which is a lot!). If only it was a little bit longer, I'd give it a perfect score but alas I moseyed through it in about 15 hours.

9.5/10
    I played A Link to the Past and its sequels to death. Given that the new game is set in the same overworld I am very cautious about picking it up as I fear the repetition and deja vu will ruin the fun for me. Do you still believe it's worth retreading lots of old ground for a couple of new dungeon designs ?

Steam/PSN/XBL/Nintendo ID/Uplay/Origin: Gunzberg
    Blizzard Battletag: Gunzberg#2718

• munki83 3 Jan 2014 17:38:59 1,402 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @Gunzberg Its worth it for its stella soundtrack. One you get to Lorule the game really starts to shine
  • Gunzberg 3 Jan 2014 18:53:10 1,731 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    The Swapper 8/10

Great atmosphere but puzzles get quite tough once you pass the mid-point (tough enough to have to refer to youtube)

Steam/PSN/XBL/Nintendo ID/Uplay/Origin: Gunzberg
    Blizzard Battletag: Gunzberg#2718

• jabberwoky 4 Jan 2014 12:29:53 470 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Just finished bioshock infinite.

It was a great world to explore, with an intriguing and compelling storyline. Gun play was pretty good, environments spectacular. Weaknesses, the vigors were never really explained, and the mystery was that despite vending machines everywhere, only booker used them, why? Also they were weedier than bioshock 1 and you are given them all. In bioshock 1 there was a real sense of which one shall I get next, what can I afford. Should I upgrade or buy a new one. I didn't like the save system, and the world was slightly more linear.

Does not stop the game being worth a solid 9/10.

(I also think that bioshock 1 was the better game)

Edited by jabberwoky at 12:53:28 04-01-2014
  • munki83 4 Jan 2014 13:37:19 1,402 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Gone Home 7/10

Gone Home is one of these weird games where you dont do much but walk about and click on things...like call of duty :p.

On a more serious note I think it did a great job of telling a story and it compelled me enough to play it in one sitting.

Infamous 8/10

This is the one ps3 franchise I've been ignoring for years so I picked up the second game recently which happened to hald a code to get the first game for about 5.50 on psn. Its a great sandbox super-villain game, guess what moral choices I made :p. The game hasn't aged that badly and it seems to have a solid frame rate which helps a lot. The game can be a bit repetitive like many of these sandbox games can be but it was still a lot of fun and I found the combat to be challenging....unlike assassins creed :p
  • Deleted user 4 January 2014 17:30:06
    Left 4 Dead 2.

Played when first released and just re purchased in the sale.

Excellent fun and has so many nice little touches, like the writing on the walls in the safe houses to the little sounds and music that accompany each special zombie. I'd rather some better weapons as most feel pretty weak. Like the shared healing as awol although there are too many medkits (although I'm playing on normal).

Perhaps the difficulty could be better balanced as mostly it is easy then, boom, it is hardcore with everything at you. Most of the end campaign battles are insane/frustrating.

• FatSternKikwi 4 Jan 2014 17:54:41 537 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Choppi wrote:
    Rayman legends.

Best 2d platformer I've played since the snes. Loads of variety, lots of humour, fun bosses, a good challenge, pretty visuals great soundtrack. What more could you want?

9.5/10 loses .5 for so v annoying levels right at the end.

Goty contender.
    Just finished this too. I agree 100%

Currently playing mario 3d world and even though I usually prefer 3d platformers it pales a little in comparison.
  • Deleted user 4 January 2014 19:35:41
    @Choppi did you play it solo with ai or coop with real people?
  • Deleted user 4 January 2014 19:37:36
    @BillCityfingers solo, I don't believe any of my friends have rayman. I did two levels co op with one of my daughters but shall we say it wasn't smooth.
  • OptimusPube 4 Jan 2014 19:41:11 2,914 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    GTA V

Finally got round to completing it after tootling around in the online for so long, killed Trevor off because lets be honest he's a twat.

Brilliant game and loved every moment, most I've played a game in a long long time, I'll still go back to the online after Rockstar have fixed and banned the hackers.

Edited by OptimusPube at 20:14:05 04-01-2014

You better watch out.
    You better beware.
    Albert said E=MC²

• MadCaddy13 4 Jan 2014 19:46:15 1,858 posts
    Seen 21 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Assassins Creed 4 (ps4)

What a fantastic introduction to the PS4!
    When this was first introduced i thought this was gonna tank. I thought they've bled it dry ala COD but no! They've improved it greatly. Took the best features from the old games (bar the pointless first person sequences) and moulded it into near perfection
    Beautiful game and great story. So much to do. Pretty much done it all except for finding all the chests n fragments

I'm really gonna miss it/10
  • PazJohnMitch 4 Jan 2014 20:10:58 7,836 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @OptimusPube

Thanks for the spoiler.
  • OptimusPube 4 Jan 2014 20:13:36 2,914 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    PazJohnMitch wrote:
    @OptimusPube

Thanks for the spoiler.
    You should come in here expecting spoilers TBH.

I feel I must apologise though.

You better watch out.
    You better beware.
    Albert said E=MC²

• Deleted user 4 January 2014 21:20:21
    @Choppi sorry, meant left4dead 2...
  • hypoBla5t 4 Jan 2014 21:32:23 1,365 posts
    Seen 54 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance

A deeply sexual experience. So fucking cool. A future cyborg ninja that chops massive robots into tiny little pieces. 'nuff said really. Found the boss fights pretty tough though, big test of my meager skills.

9/10

Best game I've played so far this year(!!)
  • Deleted user 4 January 2014 22:02:27
    @BillCityfingers doh. Some with three randoms, some with one friend and two a.I. and a little bit solo. I think a.i. is pretty darn good.
  • DFawkes 4 Jan 2014 22:33:16 22,619 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Do try Versus sometime. It has a different rhythm to it that make it feel almost like a different game at times. You'll find yourself getting a good sense of where the best places to be ambushed are, with several special infected all coming in at one, leaving your team scrambling to cover each other.

Plus actually being a special infected is incredibly fun :) When you manage to jump into the midst of a team as a Boomer and burst over all 4, or make that massive arcing hunter pounce, or work together as a team and pin all 4 survivors at once, it's a fantastic experience indeed. Best with people you know of course, but even with well intentioned randoms that know the basics it's once of the best multiplayer experiences I've ever enjoyed.

I'd kick the living daylights out of the producers of Tipping Point - Ghandi

• Deleted user 4 January 2014 22:42:56
    @Choppi cheers. Just wondered as will prob end up playing with ai so just wanted to know if it was possible!!!

May try online at some point though.
  • Page

of 406 First / Last