Recently Completed Games Page 370

• Page

of 410 First / Last

• Deleted user 9 December 2013 12:50:53
    @CharlieStCloud I don't want my hand held. But I looked beyond that aspect as the rest of the game was so good.

It's not just tomb raider that's holding everyone so tightly by the hand, most console games are now. Play any new console game compared to one released ten years ago. But games developers are making games knowing that a much larger cross section of society are going to play them compared to years ago. They cater for the lowest common denominator. I accept this is part of console gaming to look beyond it in this instance and enjoy the game for what it is.

You want old tomb raider, play old tomb raider.

I'm expecting thief to go the same way and while I'm not happy about it I accept it. I'll always have thief 1 and 2 to play.
  • King_Edward 9 Dec 2013 12:53:28 11,454 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @CharlieStCloud

A bit of a leap in reasoning there Charlie. I dislike TR2013 as much as anyone, but I wouldn't go as far as suggesting all it's fans are braindead children. Some, maybe most, but not all.
  • Mr_Sleep 9 Dec 2013 12:56:50 16,972 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I think Thief 3 is underrated. It doesn't quite live up to the first two and the breaking up of levels is just wrong but I can fucking climb up walls! I never got tired of that.

You are a factory of sadness.

• beastmaster 9 Dec 2013 13:00:27 11,338 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @BillCityfingers

This is probably my GOTY. Going to get the PS4 Definitive Version when it comes out at the end of Jan.

The Resident Evil films. I'm one of the reasons they keep making them.

• CharlieStCloud 9 Dec 2013 13:00:59 5,202 posts
    Seen 4 weeks ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I agree.

... it is just a little disheartening that you like the modern day Tomb Raider, which isn't even a Tomb Raider game as such. Just a poorer version of Uncharted on a grim island with an underdressed Lara plodding around with a bow and arrow.

Yes, I suppose I could play the old ones, but to bring all the old games using today's technology would be wonderful to see.

Even if you don't like it!

: p
  • Deleted user 9 December 2013 13:05:06
    @CharlieStCloud I know totally. It's probably because I've never bothered with the series before that I could enjoy it more.

I'm sure I will end up feeling the same way when gears of thief comes out!!!
  • King_Edward 9 Dec 2013 13:08:03 11,454 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I'd like to see an indie tackle Tomb Raider in the same way Mike Bithell is doing MGS VR missions with Volume.
  • CharlieStCloud 9 Dec 2013 13:12:02 5,202 posts
    Seen 4 weeks ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    *makes a mental note to really like the new Thief*

: )

Back onto the subject of this very thread, I recently completed Ratchet & Clank: Into the Nexus, which I give a, um ... maybe a lowly 7/10.

It was short, sweet and boundless fun however, if they do make another one one day, things needs to change to keep the formula fresh. It probably didn't help that I went straight into this after completing 'A Crack in Time' and that was easily the best Ratchet & Clank yet!

Edited by CharlieStCloud at 13:13:02 09-12-2013
  • Deleted user 9 December 2013 13:13:10
    Basically every big franchise is getting streamlined and pushed into this mould now. It guarantees sales. It is a little soul destroying seeing our beloved franchises going that way but doesn't mean we can't enjoy the games. Part of me wishes it was like the good old days but I've thrown my lot in with the couch gaming fraternity now so I'm making the best of it...

But all to one side. I really enjoyed it. I would play another just like it in fact.

Edited by BillCityfingers at 13:21:57 09-12-2013
  • Mr_Sleep 11 Dec 2013 12:52:52 16,972 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Infamous 2

I've been plugging away at this for the last couple of weeks. I tried playing it a while back and found the controls a bit awkward and something else came along so I gave up on it but I have quite enjoyed my time in New Marais.

The game does suffer from a sag here and there and I found the distribution of powers to be unbalanced at times. I'd also say that the game is a bit too long. Still, there's a lot to like and I had fun with it but it's definitely a game to dip into now and again as it never really held my attention for more than an hour or two. Some nice moral choices to be made at times and some of the characters are a bit flat.

I also think I should have played the first game as I missed out on various plot points and the significance of The Beast and various other characters were lost on me. Solid game but not spectacular.

• Deckard1 11 Dec 2013 13:02:55 27,770 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    pissflaps

Edited by Deckard1 at 13:03:13 11-12-2013

Hush you ponce

• CharlieStCloud 11 Dec 2013 13:05:02 5,202 posts
    Seen 4 weeks ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Deckard1 wrote:
    pissflaps
    Out of ten?
  • DUFFMAN5 11 Dec 2013 13:08:39 14,598 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @Mr_Sleep

Make sure you play FoB :)

"Duffman the grey is thrusting in the direction of the problem! Oh, yeah!"

• Deleted user 11 December 2013 13:22:30
    GTAV. Wish the missions we're more difficult but and absolutely stellar game. 9.5/10.
  • Zomoniac 11 Dec 2013 13:28:47 7,826 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Saints Row IV

It's shit. The visuals are laughable. The story is cringeworthy. The mechanics are repetitive. The challenges are overly long. The controls are erratic. The framerate is terrible.

But once it all starts to flow, all of that disappears into irrelevance.

• oceanmotion 11 Dec 2013 17:36:06 15,840 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Far Cry Blood Dragon

It was fun at times but the repetitive nature of the game and basic missions drag it down. Quite funny initially but there isn't much later on, loses it's charm very quickly.

Needing collectables to unlock weapon upgrades is total shit much like Rex Colt says when you pick them up. Repeating
    and slow animations make the whole experience clunky. Music is awesome. Shat myself when a crocodile appeared from nowhere.

Overall there is fun to be had but lots of negatives that ruin the flow of a average game.

5/10
  • JiveHound 11 Dec 2013 17:39:48 2,416 posts
    Seen 21 hours ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    Zomoniac wrote:
    Saints Row IV

It's shit. The visuals are laughable. The story is cringeworthy. The mechanics are repetitive. The challenges are overly long. The controls are erratic. The framerate is terrible.

I think your rating system needs work mate.

Live: Jive Hands
    PSN: Jive_Hands

• Mr_Sleep 11 Dec 2013 17:42:11 16,972 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    DUFFMAN5 wrote:
    @Mr_Sleep

Make sure you play FoB :)
    What is FoB?

• CharlieStCloud 11 Dec 2013 17:50:06 5,202 posts
    Seen 4 weeks ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Festival of Blood!

... I think it is only 8.99 on the a PlayStation store.

A nice little Halloween-esque side story.
  • Mr_Sleep 11 Dec 2013 18:11:46 16,972 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Ah, I see. Might have a look, although I find halloween pretty tedious.

• Gunzberg 11 Dec 2013 18:33:25 1,731 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    JiveHound wrote:
    Zomoniac wrote:
    Saints Row IV

I think your rating system needs work mate.
    No, it's accurate. You may diss the game but it's great fun. Definitely a 9 or 10/10 product

Steam/PSN/XBL/Nintendo ID/Uplay/Origin: Gunzberg
    Blizzard Battletag: Gunzberg#2718

• imamazed 11 Dec 2013 18:41:22 5,535 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Shadow of The Colossus

My first time. It looks remarkable, especially considering it's now 7 years + old. The game does feel artificially long in places, frustratingly so (do body platforming, do required thing until run out of grip, repeat whole process), and the controls are sometimes unwieldy but it's so easy to forgive when the game makes you feel the way it does. Genuinely in awe of some surroundings, and amazed by the inventiveness of some colossi. Special mention for the soundtrack which is incredible.

9/10
  • Bremenacht 11 Dec 2013 19:10:05 17,852 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I've only just started that. Trying to figure out the stupid instructions for attacking the first big guy. Failing.
  • Gunzberg 12 Dec 2013 10:41:18 1,731 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Outlast 8/10

not bad but let down a bit by a few too many find 3 of these items whilst someone chases you. Some bits of story feel misplaced.

But delivers on frights and tension at a budget price.

Steam/PSN/XBL/Nintendo ID/Uplay/Origin: Gunzberg
    Blizzard Battletag: Gunzberg#2718

• Mr_Sleep 12 Dec 2013 11:40:00 16,972 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Bremenacht wrote:
    I've only just started that. Trying to figure out the stupid instructions for attacking the first big guy. Failing.
    I gave up on it for ages for this very reason. It does give you a hint but I missed it first time. It says aim the sword at the colossi and it will reveal its weak spot. So you just use the same function as when you're trying to find them in the first place and you'll find the weak spot.

Edited by Mr_Sleep at 11:40:09 12-12-2013

• Deleted user 12 December 2013 12:52:34
    Xcom declassified.

Great fun and I can't believe how finished it is a bug free considering the developer changed the game half way through from a fps to a 3rd person tactical shooter.

Missions are fun and locations vary, the 1930s? Setting is well realised and the game is a serious challenge that punishes reckless tactics. You need to think.about what you're doing and you desperately need to keep your agents alive to rank them up as rookie agents are near useless.

Probably my second biggest gaming surprise of the year, although this time for the good.

Solid 7.
  • vijay_UK 12 Dec 2013 13:12:17 2,117 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Batman Arkham Asylum.

I know it's old, but have only managed to play it now thanks to GfWL getting the boot.

A superb game, looks good and the gameplay was fine for me. The stealth element is great, in fact the game was allround brilliant. At no point did it dip in terms of my interest, and now I can look forward to Arkham City.

Worth grabbing for cheap if you've never played AA.

9/10.
  • Raiko101 12 Dec 2013 13:27:12 6,222 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I've still to play Arkham Asylum. I've got it sitting on the shelf for Wii U. It'll have to wait until after Assassin's Creed 4, now.

3DS: 4210 4002 8289 (Dave)
    Wii U: Raiko87
    Xbox Live: Raiko87

• Bremenacht 12 Dec 2013 14:53:05 17,852 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Mr_Sleep wrote:
    Bremenacht wrote:
    I gave up on it for ages for this very reason. It does give you a hint but I missed it first time. It says aim the sword at the colossi and it will reveal its weak spot. So you just use the same function as when you're trying to find them in the first place and you'll find the weak spot.
    Ha! I spent about 30 minutes repeatedly grabbing hold of the club and then pointlessly hanging on, before giving up and going straight for a a video playthrough, which put me on the right limb. :-/
  • Bremenacht 12 Dec 2013 14:55:43 17,852 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Raiko101 wrote:
    I've still to play Arkham Asylum. I've got it sitting on the shelf for Wii U. It'll have to wait until after Assassin's Creed 4, now.
    I'll put money on you enjoying AA more than AC4. Even a packet of virtual Jaffas. It is such a well put-together game.
  • Page

of 410 First / Last