Recently Completed Games Page 366

• Page

of 410 First / Last

• welshben23 16 Nov 2013 20:21:33 1,080 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Rev0Knuckle wrote:
    welshben23 wrote:

:lol::lol: When did you start playing the Online part of the game?
    Well I started playing it at launch but I'm still playing it now, although I feel I shall be retiring from it soon. But considering I'm at rank 91 I think I've given it a fair chance!
    I totally agree. I was just laughing because every time Rockstar try to fix things they end up braking the game even more.
  • PazJohnMitch 17 Nov 2013 15:19:06 7,998 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Tomb Raider Underworld

Scope of the game is a nice 7/10 with some nice places to explore and some clever level designs. The implementation however is awful. The camera is atrocious and the game periodically forgets I wanted to invert the Y axis.

Collision defections is also poor and the onscreen prompts do not always cause Lara to do what she is supposed to. Press Y to get on motorcycle, spin kick, spin kick freeze. Try again, oh get on motorcycle? It does similar things when climbing which often results in death. Checkpoint positions are also questionable in places.

So overall I give it 4/10
  • RyanDS 17 Nov 2013 15:31:29 9,207 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Cod ghosts on the ps3.

Meh. story is absolute tosh and I genuinely don't think I actually enjoyed it at any point. Completed it more out of inertia. Gameplay was boring and I just had no interest in the characters. No one lives forever 2 it is not. Where they did try to spice it up with the moonraker bits it was just annoying clunky and frustrating.

For reference the only other modern call of duty I have played was black ops two which I quite liked.

5/10

Multilayer is better but there are no maps I like. Not one. Where is express and that cruise ship that I used to love. All the levels seem the same after 10 hours play. I also think the perks were much better in black ops 2. I am enjoying it but no where near as much. The game modes are better but the maps are a bit pants.

7.5/10
  • Deleted user 17 November 2013 15:33:40
    From your mini sp review why did it get a 5? Reads like a 2.
  • RyanDS 17 Nov 2013 15:47:34 9,207 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Choppi wrote:
    From your mini sp review why did it get a 5? Reads like a 2.
    Looks good. Smooth Gameplay and framerate. Very polished. It just ends up very bland. It is like gears of war in that respect. To get less than 5i think a game has to be actually broken.
  • TheMayorOfJugs 17 Nov 2013 16:15:20 3,337 posts
    Seen 18 minutes ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    Ratchet and Clank : Nexus

Platted this in a day. Short, but sweet. Fans/ Kids will love it. Hoping a trilogy comes to ps4.

8/10 for not being long enough, and also the Iron Lombax challenge on Legend difficulty was cruel.
  • StrikeForce 18 Nov 2013 15:15:37 83 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Hitman Absolution

On the whole I enjoyed playing through the campaign. Played it on hard, as stealthily as possible.

Enjoyed going to a new location, scoping out the area, looking for patterns, working on a strategy was very fun. Likewise, thinking on your feet when things didn't go according to plan and managing to get through by the skin of your teeth was also fun.

Didn't like the forced repetition caused by the terrible checkpoint system though - that almost killed the fun at times.

Quite enjoyed the story and the lowlife characters that it focussed on. I genuinely didn't like the bad guys and wanted to see them fail. Unfortunately, Agent 47 and the young girl were hardly fleshed out so I didn't feel much towards them.

6/10
  • imamazed 18 Nov 2013 15:18:45 5,533 posts
    Seen 25 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Reads like an 8
  • Rajin 18 Nov 2013 15:20:33 619 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Metal Gear Solid

Still playable and incredibly fun. I bought the legacy edition yesterday and some of the dialogue is still relevant and amazing. Boss fights are still great and innovative(never get tired of fighting Psycho Mantis). While the dialogue is great, the general story is not as great as i remember when i played it in 1997. Some mechanics are dated, but the camera does not bother you that much surprisigly. The levels are also much smaller then i remember them.

Still, for a old 3D game in this genre to be still this much fun, i give it a 9/10
  • Deleted user 18 November 2013 16:28:12
    ^ Agreed, MGS is an all-time classic for me. I can play that game anytime knowing there is still some entertainment value in it for me.
    Shame I stopped caring about the series after Snake Eater as I never went next-get (which is now last-gen I think).
    Judging by the reviews of the last games, I'm not missing much.
    BTW I hold in the same high regard many of the PS One era games such as RE 1,2, SH1, FF VIII, IX. Probably nostalgia (and my age) speaking though.

Edited by Cosmopolitan at 16:32:05 18-11-2013
  • Rhaegyr 18 Nov 2013 16:31:32 1,561 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    MGS4 has some amazing moments, though the original was the peak in terms of story and Snake Eater in terms of gameplay, imo.

The first time I saw the opening sequence of MGS on the PS1 it blew me away - felt like watching a movie at the time.
  • Deleted user 18 November 2013 16:41:59
    Assassins Creed 3. Finally...

Connor really is a plank of wood and constantly bettered by the supporting cast.

Glad the Desmond story ark is over (haven't played AC4), on reflection whilst they tried to flesh out the story, it was segregated into that smaller pieces that I couldn't have given less of a shiny shit.

For me the highlight of the game was the Haytham section right at the start.

6.5/10.
  • Bremenacht 18 Nov 2013 17:31:03 17,778 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    feeg86 wrote:
    Assassins Creed 3. Finally...

Connor really is a plank of wood and constantly bettered by the supporting cast.

Glad the Desmond story ark is over (haven't played AC4), on reflection whilst they tried to flesh out the story, it was segregated into that smaller pieces that I couldn't have given less of a shiny shit.

For me the highlight of the game was the Haytham section right at the start.

6.5/10.
    Christ. For me, that section was crap enough to put me off the rest of the game. Now I know for sure I'd have not enjoyed the rest.
  • spamdangled 18 Nov 2013 17:35:16 27,276 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Yeah AC3 really blew its load early with front-loading the "good" stuff.

But even then, it's bogged down in about 10 hours of non-stop tutorial shite that does its best to spoil it.

Edited by darkmorgado at 17:35:49 18-11-2013

3DS: 4055-2781-2855 Xbox: spamdangled PSN: dark_morgan Wii U: Spamdangle Steam: spamdangled

• Bremenacht 18 Nov 2013 17:46:58 17,778 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    The Opera House. That was all that was good about what I played. Even then, the gameplay itself was crap( ok, maybe just over-familiar), but it just looked superb.

Suppose I might as well write "I finished Gunpoint" while I'm here. A clever little game. 2D Portal without the portals really, but nicely themed and with multiple solutions.
  • DFawkes 18 Nov 2013 18:34:36 22,781 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I loved it all, though it certainly felt like a game of 2 halves. Story wise, I loved the opening sections, but gameplay wise the later sections are just as good as Creed as ever been. I certainly agreed with most of EGs review, though obviously with slight differences of opinion with some things.

I'd kick the living daylights out of the producers of Tipping Point - Ghandi

• Rev0Knuckle 18 Nov 2013 18:50:33 9 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @welshben23 They certainly do. What's annoying is that it has the potential to be sooo much better. I think a next gen or PC version could be something really special.
  • Raiko101 18 Nov 2013 23:19:29 6,210 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Attack of the Friday Monsters (3DS)

There's a lot of shovelware hitting the 3DS at the moment, but if you can find it, Attack of the Friday Monsters is definitely worth getting. There's not much of a game here, but there's a very entertaining story to be told. You play the role of a young boy who's family has moved to town. As your family tries to fit in, you meet other kids and set off on an adventure to discover the secrets behind the Friday Monsters.

It has a lot of charm and the visuals are great. There are side-stories that you can explore throughout the game, if you so wish, and there's a simple, but enjoyable card game for completionists.

It's not a particularly long game. It took me a little over 3 hours to complete (though i'm missing a few of the cards and i've a couple of side-stories to finish). However, it's still very much enjoyable. It's like an interactive manga novel or anime.

4/5

3DS: 4210 4002 8289 (Dave)
    Wii U: Raiko87
    Xbox Live: Raiko87

• Rens11 20 Nov 2013 01:45:52 1,395 posts
    Seen 32 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Remember Me PS3

Free from PS plus. Enjoyed the setting of neo Paris, the overall presentation is really good the graphics are top notch and the soundtrack is superb. Gameplay wise I found it enjoyable however it is quite repetitive and with the forced combo set when several enemies are on screen you're forced to use the 3 button combo excessively. Climbing could have had a few more options instead of a single set route and it was frustrating having prompts keep popping up telling me how to land a combo despite being near the end of the game where your constantly having to dodge enemy attacks and seperate one of them from the group.

7.5/10

Edited by Rens11 at 15:24:00 20-11-2013

Dont kid yourself, Jimmy. If a cow ever got the chance, hed eat you and everyone you care about!

• Deleted user 20 November 2013 10:51:23
    Far Cry 3. Disappointing end after 26 hours of fun gameplay. I'm about 70% through the trophies so I think I'm going to go for my 3rd Platinum.

Noticed there's trophies, I can't be arsed with online play and I haven't used the online pass code, so how does it work offline?

Oh yeah, 9/10.
  • Gunzberg 20 Nov 2013 15:34:32 1,731 posts
    Seen 6 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Castlevania Mirror of Fate HD on 360 85%

+Gamplay
    +Good price point
    +Lords of Shadow story and lore
    +Graphics and art direction
    +Interesting bosses
    +3 separate heroes with their own secondary weapons and magical powers
    +Gets the Metroidvania feel exactly right
    +Quite lengthy for a downloadable game
    +The included Lords of Shadow 2 demo isfucking awesome, Gabriel controls like a dream, great set pieces, fluidity and the cinematic after completing the LoS 2 demo is seriously epic

-I played the trial first and then upgraded mid-game to the full version, the game though did not create a save file cause of this meaning I had to replay ALL of Act 1
    - Froze up on me twice
    - Some of the jumps are bloody tricky

In short, this XBLA and PSN update of the 3DS game is a clear winner and comes solidly recommended for anyone who likes traditional Castlevania style games and for those who loved Lords of Shadow, this is a must buy

Edited by Gunzberg at 15:34:44 20-11-2013

Steam/PSN/XBL/Nintendo ID/Uplay/Origin: Gunzberg
    Blizzard Battletag: Gunzberg#2718

• PazJohnMitch 20 Nov 2013 16:06:32 7,998 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Stranglehold

Much more fun Max Payne style game than MP3. The shooting has essentially been designed for fun and lots of diving around like an idiot. For the most part I thought it was great. Also lots of destructible scenery.

Few technical downsides with a frame rate that must dip really low as I noticed it drop which I never normally do. Also a spot of screen tearing but nothing that ever bothered me.

What did bother me though were the unskippable build ups to the standoffs and a few very harsh checkpoints.

7/10

Edited by PazJohnMitch at 16:07:29 20-11-2013
  • Raiko101 20 Nov 2013 17:24:13 6,210 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @Gunzberg Did they actually change much from the 3DS version? I only played the demo, but I wasn't convinced.

• Gunzberg 20 Nov 2013 17:35:22 1,731 posts
    Seen 6 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @Raiko101 I never played the 3DS version...so I honestly can't say.

Suggest you check some of the user reviews on metacritic for an in-depth comparison

Steam/PSN/XBL/Nintendo ID/Uplay/Origin: Gunzberg
    Blizzard Battletag: Gunzberg#2718

• coomber 20 Nov 2013 19:51:58 325 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Cosmopolitan wrote:
    ^ Agreed, MGS is an all-time classic for me. I can play that game anytime knowing there is still some entertainment value in it for me.
    Shame I stopped caring about the series after Snake Eater as I never went next-get (which is now last-gen I think).
    Judging by the reviews of the last games, I'm not missing much.
    BTW I hold in the same high regard many of the PS One era games such as RE 1,2, SH1, FF VIII, IX. Probably nostalgia (and my age) speaking though.
    Ha, I was talking to someone yesterday about the PS1 still being relevant, and the list of games I came out with to back me up were RE 1-3, Silent Hill, FF7 and 9, MGS, Siphon Filter 1-3 and Chase The Express.
  • Matt36 20 Nov 2013 19:59:38 1,353 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Star Wars: Force Unleashed

7/10

Standard linear action adventure game, really. But the Star Wars Universe won me over and made me want to keep playing. I wanted to know what happened so put up with the delayed controls, awful camera, tedious gameplay and annoyingly places Holocrons. Still, the endings were fun. Only scored so high because its star wars mind...
  • Raiko101 20 Nov 2013 20:00:07 6,210 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I didn't think much of the Siphon Filter games back in the day. I don't think they've aged all too well now, either. The rest of them have, though.

• HarryPalmer 20 Nov 2013 21:26:15 3,248 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Remember me - 7/10

Loved the setting, the art design is great,and very imaginative. The story is ambitious but a load of nonsense. Levels are varied, combat is fun but very limited. Feels a bit rushed in terms of the story, the characters arent really developed. The platforming is shit. Enjoyed it from start to finish.
  • CharlieStCloud 20 Nov 2013 22:34:01 5,202 posts
    Seen 3 weeks ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Raiko101 wrote:
    I didn't think much of the Siphon Filter games back in the day. I don't think they've aged all too well now, either. The rest of them have, though.
    The first one on the PSP was glorious!

... a little tricky to get used to the controls at first, especially with the lack of a second analogue 'nub', but once you got in the stride of things, the game was (and still is) brilliant fun.

Be nice to see the series return on the PlayStation 4.

: )
  • Page

of 410 First / Last