Recently Completed Games Page 362

• Page

of 425 First / Last

• Raiko101 26 Oct 2013 11:53:13 6,700 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Sounds like Splinter Cell to me, although Splinter Cell has one button for gluing yourself to walls and another button for switching between walls.

If there were enough sticks, Ubisoft would probably require two analog sticks for each of Sam's legs.

3DS: 4210 4002 8289 (Dave)
    Wii U: Raiko87 (Dave)
    Xbox Live: Raiko87

• onestepfromlost 26 Oct 2013 14:43:51 2,117 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Grand Theft Auto V

Rather enjoyed it, although as I'm sure a lot of people have said I felt the heist system could have been so much more, felt there should have been more and the crew system was underutilised.
    Really liked the characters, didn't find the violence over the top including that controversial scene.
    Hoping the online becomes a bit more stable, as I think it has potential but is a bit of a minefield
  • Nitrous 26 Oct 2013 16:01:04 483 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Metro 2033 (360)

Got this around the time EG published the retrospective article. Its not the best fps game but the atmosphere is brilliant! 5 well spent.

Guess I should buy Metro Last Light now.
  • Paulie_P 26 Oct 2013 22:30:54 416 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Lone Survivor
    Heard great reviews but didn't really think much of this to be honest.

It wasn't really scary, it was confusing trying to locate yourself within the map from the 2D perspective.

The combat was simple but repetitive though it could be avoided. So it comes down to the story, which tbh didn't grip me at all.

However I can't really fault the game too much because it achieves what it set out to do. I can see why other people might like it but it's just not for me.

7/10
  • Deskaiter 26 Oct 2013 22:54:29 2 posts
    Seen 11 months ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    Recently completed Mafia 2, got it for free from GMG so I though to give a try.
    Too bad that once you are done with all chapters there is nothing else to do.
    I just jumped into a late chapter, collected all the guns and started shooting my way trough the streets, feels good :)
  • HelloNo 26 Oct 2013 23:43:44 1,270 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    SR4: Enter the Dominatrix

Actual mission goals are... alright, script is pretty funny, ending may be one of the greatest things in gaming history.

7/10
  • Nitrous 27 Oct 2013 19:15:14 483 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Portal 2 (360)

Another game completed. Its been a productive weekend.... Enjoyed this a lot. Picked it up new at release and its been in the backlog waiting to be completed ever since.
  • Nitrous 27 Oct 2013 19:15:16 483 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Portal 2 (360)

Another game completed. Its been a productive weekend.... Enjoyed this a lot. Picked it up new at release and its been in the backlog waiting to be completed ever since.
  • DFawkes 27 Oct 2013 19:49:43 24,047 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    007 Legends (Wii U)

Nowhere near as bad as I'd been lead to believe. For the most part I'd even say it's fairly enjoyable stuff. It does really feel like a Bond game. The gadgets are nice, and manage to lift it above average. Only just though ;) There are some fantastic sections like storming Fort Knox, and the guns all feel satisfying to use.

Most of the levels are well designed and really nail the feel of the movies. I also quite like the boss melee system, even if it was a glorified QTE. The stealth system, when optional, is alright and helps add to the experience.

But the bad bits are really bad. So bad you'll curse the developer to a fiery place. Things like QTEs that barely flash up at all, meaning they become a memory test. The mandatory stealth sections (3 of them) are set out in such a way that you can only learn them by trial and error, so they become memory tests. And the skiing section is insanely hard to read, so that also becomes a (you guessed it) memory test!

That leaves me with the good bits, which I will replay as they were fun, a challenge mode thing and multiplayer. I'll definitely get more out of it before I'm totally done. I'd still not recommend it to a friend though as I'd never want them to endure the awful sections. They really are so bad they drag the whole thing down, if you're the unforgiving type. I completely understand the low scores, even if I found the good bits fun enough to counter it.

Also, it has no story really. If you've not seen the films, it's a nonsensical mishmash. Even worse if you play a version without the Skyfall missions as it doesn't really have an ending, and even with it barely has one. If you've seen Skyfall, you;ll probably imagine the excellent bits of that film that'd make good levels and the great central villain. Expect neither :p

Also, it uses the Wii U terribly. You can use it for some mini-games and weapon switching, or as a second screen in multiplayer, but that's it. It doesn't even have Off TV play despite its terrible use of the Gamepad.

So I enjoyed it, but don't you play it because I know EGers in general don't suffer awfulness easily, and there's a good few awful sections. You'll want to hunt the developers down, then me. So I'm telling you not to play it.

Oh for goodness sake, I've caught my scrotum in my zip again - Margaret Thatcher, 1986

• TechnoHippy 28 Oct 2013 07:50:04 14,716 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Bioshock Infinite

I enjoyed the first two Bioshock games a lot, this third game follows a similar pattern to the previous games although rather than being set in the undersea city of Rapture (I'd love to play a game set in Rapture at its height) it takes place in an even more unlikely city called Columbia up in the clouds.

The game also follows a familiar pattern with the gameplay, it's a first person shooter but you also have the ability to use certain powers although essentially are just a different type of weapon. There's a wide range of weapons to play with, although they do follow the usual spread for FPS games.

The strength of the game ironically isn't in the gameplay (although that is solid enough), it tells an interesting and well crafted story. The story starts on a rowing boat heading towards a lighthouse far out to sea, a scene reminiscent of the first game. From there you arrive in Columbia and those first steps through the temple are some of the most beautiful I've seen in a game. You're there to rescue a girl and while that might seem like common game fodder it does get more interesting as you progress.

Oddly I wasn't as impressed with the city as I was when I first saw Rapture. It's pretty and makes for an unusual setting, but somehow it just felt like it was lacking something.

When you do rescue the girl she joins you as a companion for the game and here was something refreshing an AI partner that is actually useful during the game rather than being an annoying burden.

Overall I enjoyed the story more than the game, although the game was pitched at a level that meant that I always felt like I was making progress and interacting with the story. It's not as good as the first game, but on balance on par with the second. It's a decent shooter in a very well made wrapper.

7/10

My books, contests, reviews and author interviews on my blog

• DUFFMAN5 28 Oct 2013 20:20:41 15,390 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Assassins Creed Revelations
    Console: 360
    Gametime: 26 hours
    % at end credits: 72%

Really enjoyed it. It helped having a big gap between ACB and this, due to it being more look expansive dlc. Brotherhood remains my fav, but this was a very good game, loads of stuff to do, lovely setting, good to meet old friends ;)
    Only played as Desmond for 20 odd mins...result. Still have a lot of odds and sods, might mess about for an hour or so more, then move on to ACIV

8/10

"Duffman the grey is thrusting in the direction of the problem! Oh, yeah!"

• Armoured_Bear 28 Oct 2013 23:15:59 11,890 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Dark Souls (PC)

I struggled with this for a while but when it clicked it became utterly mesmerising.
    It is brutal, it is unfair at times ( no matter what anyone tells you) but it truly is a special game that is utterly unique.
    It drove me to depair at times but the elation at the achievements in the game do compensate, I don't think a game has ever affected me so much emotionally in terms of how draining yet rewarding it is to play.
    A very special gaming experience.

10/10

Bioshock Infinite (PC)

The first quarter of the game was quite disappointing, the gameplay was far too shooty-shooty, the story wasn't pulling you in and the environment just wasn't as special as Rapture.
    However, use of the Vigors began to click and the story just got more and more intriguing, as the vigor powers increased the game became a lot more fun to play and the last quarter or so was utterly enthralling with a brilliantly told complex and unpredictable storytelling.

As a setting I prefer Rapture to Colombia but this is clearly a better game than the original Bioshock IMO.

10/10

The previous two games I completed were Pikmin 3 and The Last of US, quite an incredible sequence of games, all completely different and truly excellent and memorable.

XBL : ecosse011172
    PSN : ecosse_011172
    NNID : armoured_bear

• Telepathic.Geometry 29 Oct 2013 04:50:17 11,558 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    That's a nice run Ecosse. I've completed the other three (though I haven't nabbed the plat in The last of Us yet), and they were all splendid.

The two you mentioned above are each slow burners I think. In the beginning, I liked them, but it wasn't I really started challenging myself to squeeze every last bit out of them that I realised how deep and rewarding that they could be. ^-^

I'm so tempted to get a Wii U for Christmas... SOOOOOoooooo tempted.

|| PSN Barrysama || NNID Barrysama ||

• figaro7 29 Oct 2013 10:09:14 1,385 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    The wonderful 101

Batshit crazy 9/10

A game that simply must be experiences by all action fans, drags on a bit towards the end though but its a wonderful rollercoaster.

Rayman Legends

Solid 8/10

Its ironic that the developers included the original game in this, shows that origins was a better platformer, but legends has a lot more variety, the, big plus for the music levels, a big minus for having far too many Murfy levels.

Grand Theft Auto 5

Satsifying 9/10

Some outstanding set pieces married with a wonderful landscape, varied locations, fantastic dialogue, ingenious 3 character system and voice over work make this game a great world to get lost in. The gameplay is could be better, actually the gameplay should be better than it is.

Edited by figaro7 at 10:09:56 29-10-2013
  • Kostabi 29 Oct 2013 10:18:57 5,087 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Arkham City - 8/10

It's fun and the animation and sound production really are top notch but it didn't seem to have as many of the stealth sections that Asylum had, which was a shame as those were my favourite bits.

Losses a point for not really doing anything with the Catwoman story arc and some of the enemy spam was a little excessive. It's still glorious to play though as Rocksteady really seem to 'get' Batman.
  • kinky_mong 29 Oct 2013 11:56:15 10,865 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Condemned

Finally got round to this and while it had a few niggles it was enjoyable and damn tense at certain points. The mall level was definitely the bit that creeped me out the most (especially as I used to have recurring nightmares about shop mannequins coming to life as a child!) although the school had it's fair share of scares as well.

It's showing it's age now but the combat system is still pretty good, although I was lead to believe melee weapons would deteriorate which never happened in my playthrough. The forensic stuff could probably have been expanded on a bit rather than just following arrows on a device when prompted but it helped build the mood.

Recommended if you haven't played it already.

7/10

All the eurogamers who actually play with each other on xbl rather than just post pseudointellectual pc handwringing bollocks on the forums, love the shit out of biggy.

• Armoured_Bear 29 Oct 2013 11:57:26 11,890 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Telepathic.Geometry wrote:
    That's a nice run Ecosse. I've completed the other three (though I haven't nabbed the plat in The last of Us yet), and they were all splendid.

The two you mentioned above are each slow burners I think. In the beginning, I liked them, but it wasn't I really started challenging myself to squeeze every last bit out of them that I realised how deep and rewarding that they could be. ^-^

I'm so tempted to get a Wii U for Christmas... SOOOOOoooooo tempted.
    Yes, they were both slow burners but really rewarding experiences in completely different ways.
    The satisfaction of finishing games that have been genuinely crafted really is joyful

Not sure how Im going to keep this standard up.

Get a Wii U, there's half a dozen cracking titles on it now and plenty more coming next year, it's a great complement to other machines.
    Do it!!

XBL : ecosse011172
    PSN : ecosse_011172
    NNID : armoured_bear

• imamazed 29 Oct 2013 11:58:23 5,954 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I love Condemned. The sequel's worth a look too, even if it doesn't quite match the original.
  • kinky_mong 29 Oct 2013 12:00:52 10,865 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Cool, will see if I can track down a cheap copy somewhere. I've heard about the silly over the top shouting powers though!

All the eurogamers who actually play with each other on xbl rather than just post pseudointellectual pc handwringing bollocks on the forums, love the shit out of biggy.

• Ziz0u 29 Oct 2013 12:01:39 8,648 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Must keep an eye out for that, perhaps on Steam.

Should be a Halloween sale coming up? That fits the bill.
  • imamazed 29 Oct 2013 12:09:31 5,954 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    kinky_mong wrote:
    Cool, will see if I can track down a cheap copy somewhere. I've heard about the silly over the top shouting powers though!
    It is silly, but only turns up in the last 10% of the game anyway!
  • Deleted user 29 October 2013 12:36:25
    Yeah condemned 2 wasn't a patch on the first but still very, very good.

Apart from the last few levels
  • Short-Round 29 Oct 2013 22:13:23 1,181 posts
    Seen 3 weeks ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Tomb Raider (new one) 8/10

Calling the optional tombs "tombs" was a bit cheeky, they're just a couple of rooms and jumps. So not a Tomb Raider game, but an enjoyable action game.

Bioshock Infinite 8/10

Good game world and story, shame the combat got in the way.

The Last of Us 9/10

Hard one to rate. I've never seen a game world with so much attention to detail, it's an incredible a/v feat. However, I didn't actually enjoy the gameplay that much. I knew early on the gameplay wasn't for me, so put it on easy, and enjoyed it much more. It's long (took me 20hrs 58mins to complete, though I have a compulsion to check all nooks and crannies), so you get your money's worth. I also found it hard to empathise with Ellie as a young girl needing protection, as for much of the game she's a foul mouthed frenzy-killer. Everyone should experience this game though.

50 Cent: Blood on the Sand 6/10

Going through cheapo games now we're at the end of this generation, have things like this and The Wheelman on a pile. This was enjoyable enough, actually felt like a Dreamcast game in the way it looked and played (that's a compliment), like a fun arcade shooter but with a very dull colour palette. Can be quite funny, and it's got Omid Djalili in it.

Gears Judgement 6/10

Only ever play the single player of Gears games, so was disappointed this wasn't really a traditional campaign. Looks ropey (as do most things after playing Last of Us) and is a glitchy game. One for completists.
  • dancingrob 30 Oct 2013 12:22:06 1,191 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    A few completed lately

Rage

as a pure shooty experience, it's up there with the best I've played. Weapons feel suitably weightly, level design is pretty good, with a few options as you head through the corridors, and just about enough variety in enemies.

it's also blessedly free of collectibles (only 1 kind, which have another in game use), and mixes things up with a well developed racing mini-game as well as several other smaller ones, and various other bits of random stuff to do.

On the negative side, the story is about as pasted on as it gets, and it perhaps goes on an hour or two too long, although that's perhaps my fault for doing a little too much of the completely optional racing mini-game.

It also has just about the worst boss fight in the world, in a mid-game boss that is ludicrously repetitive to kill, but incredibly easy to avoid dying, just no fun at all.

One disadvantage of playing so long after releases is that the MP aspect is almost entirely dead, but the bits I saw seemed decent enough, without being inspiring.

All in all, a solid 4*

The Wolf Among Us

After the Walking Dead, I felt I had to give this a try, despite knowing nothing about the comic book it's based on. Well rounded world and well drawn characters meant that didn't really matter.

On the first episode, it perhaps wasn't quite up to Walking Dead standards, but that was a slow burner as well, and I've signed up to the season pass for the rest of it.

4*

Anomaly: Warzone Earth

reverse tower defence, where you control the creeps, with a silly B movie story in the background. Very enjoyable, tricky in places, and multiple difficulties for replay value. Will carry on playing this to full completion, and well worth a look for anyone who likes light strategy on the 360

4* again

Golf: Tee It Up

picked up for a pound or two in a recent sale, and have had plenty of enjoyment from it. Very light and fluffy, but the appealing graphical style certainly gave me enough of a golf game fix, seeing as I can never be arsed with a whole Tiger Woods type game.

3*
  • itamae 1 Nov 2013 19:14:05 9,897 posts
    Seen 21 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Remember Me - Pretty good! Had they focussed more on the unique elements and less on the decent-but-forgettable fighting and platforming, this could have been a classic. It's a very pretty game though, so even just sightseeing is fun. Also the first case I've seen where the French voice acting is better than the English one.

Metal Gear Rising - Also pretty good! Not as good as Bayonetta / Ninja Gaiden / Devil May Cry 3, but then again those games set the bar pretty high. Will try a harder difficulty setting next to see if it makes the fighting more interesting.
  • Rhaegyr 1 Nov 2013 19:21:43 2,722 posts
    Seen 33 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Gone Home

Great way to tell a story and exploring the house, whilst not exactly fun, was incredibly interesting and quite atmospheric. Music came in at the right time and the house was very well designed.

Have to agree with EG though in that the story was merely 'decent' and nothing spectacular - just a standard coming-of-age tale with a couple of sub-plots here and there (which were more subtle and satisfying than the main tale, imo). The game also seemed to go out of its way to let you know that the developers loved the 80's/90's with an overload of references to classic games/albums/films from those decades - seemed a little try hard.

With a little refinement and better writing this could have been something really special.

6/10

Edited by Rhaegyr at 19:26:12 01-11-2013
  • Rajin 1 Nov 2013 19:23:50 666 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Spec Ops: The Line 8/10

My first free game through PSN+, and this game really surprised me. I already knew that the story was going to be good, but i was surprised at how fluid and well the game played. Set pieces are just incredibly well balanced and the game's flow and difficulty is brilliant on normal(although some of the shoot outs in the last two chapters drag on a little bit to long). The game also showed that war should not be glorified and that a different take can breath in some fresh air into military shooters.
  • hypoBla5t 1 Nov 2013 19:46:08 1,572 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    The Last of Us - 9/10

It's a game you have to play. Looks amazing, nice crafting, story, all that stuff. Don't really want to talk about the ending...

Just a bit bored of zombies now.

The one thing I hope for next gen is that there are less zombies. Seems like almost every game has them now. Too much apocalypse.
  • Raiko101 2 Nov 2013 01:38:46 6,700 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Pikmin 3

What can I say? This was my first Pikmin game and I loved it. The controls are perfect, as long as you're using the Wii Remote and Nun-chuck, and the level design is top notch. The graphics are great and the characters have a lot of charm. I genuinely feel gutted that it's all over, now.

Fortunately, there's a mission mode that even has DLC. I'll be tucking into that over the next week. Considering the main game, however, I give this game full marks.

5/5

3DS: 4210 4002 8289 (Dave)
    Wii U: Raiko87 (Dave)
    Xbox Live: Raiko87

• FuzzyDuck 2 Nov 2013 02:00:59 4,886 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    God of War: Ascension

Big step down from the original trilogy not only in terms of polish ( I encountered a fair few bugs), but also in terms of spectacle, design an gameplay.

It felt like a GoW game, but there wasn't enough variety in the new weapons and the locations, while still better than other games, didn't offer the same variety as the previous games. Backtracking plus a measly 7.5 hour playtime (on Normal) confirms this. There were also far too many QTEs in both combat and navigation.

My biggest complaint is some of the poor design choices. Sure, it's amazing to have the camera pull back and show off the scale, but not while you're in the middle of a fight which reduces Kratos to a few pixels in height, making it almost unplayable. The combat doesn't hold up very well with such a highly variable framerate neither.

The painfully bad patching system (the first of the 9 parts took almost 20 minutes to come down and then corrupted on install, 3 times. All this despite the patch being , 250Mb) means I never got to try the online mode, so a lacklustre 6/10 and a hope that SSM doing something new for the PS4.

Edited by FuzzyDuck at 02:03:05 02-11-2013
  • Page

of 425 First / Last