• Page

of 423 First / Last

• Tomo 21 Oct 2013 00:38:59 13,965 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    dominalien wrote:
    bronzemedal wrote:
    ICO HD

First time I've played this and would now put it in my top 10. Enjoyed the visuals and gameplay despite it's age. Beautiful ending.

10/10

Out of interest, does SOTC have a similar atmosphere to ICO?
    Somewhat. It's a very different game, though, despite being eerily similar.
    I'd say the atmosphere is definitely similar. A real sense of companionship permeates both games. There's an air of empty sadness in both too. The gameplay is different between the two though. SotC is superior.
  • Deleted user 21 October 2013 00:42:38
    Loved the visual style and atmosphere in ICO, but did stop playing a few hours in as the gameplay didn't really win me over. This was years ago on the PS2.

I've got it on my PS3 though, so I'll give it another try soon, as well as SOTC.
  • Telepathic.Geometry 21 Oct 2013 01:17:40 11,479 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Yeah, playing the SotC, somehow you get the feeling that you're in the same world. But I think that Ico is the better game, although SotC is more accomplished in many ways.

|| PSN Barrysama || NNID Barrysama ||

• King_Edward 21 Oct 2013 06:09:34 11,467 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Both Ico and SotC have an exceptional sense of scale. There are much bigger worlds in games, but none that make you feel smaller.
  • Telepathic.Geometry 21 Oct 2013 07:15:49 11,479 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    King_Edward wrote: Both Ico and SotC have an exceptional sense of scale. There are much bigger worlds in games, but none that make you feel smaller.
    Nicely said.

|| PSN Barrysama || NNID Barrysama ||

• spamdangled 21 Oct 2013 09:56:31 27,428 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Sleeping Dogs.

Been trying to sort out my backlog recently, getting the "big guns" that have been on my shelf for ages out of the way before the next gen (without a huge amount of success).

I don't get what all the fuss is about with this though? It was just so very average. A short, badly-written story. Cars that that handled like little toys. Awful gunplay, and a combat system that ripped off Batman but without the depth. Dull side missions, dull characters, terrible choice of music...

It's not bad per se, and a sequel could hopefully improve things (and I'm aware of its troubled development), but I don't see anything in it to warrant the odd amount of hype and praise it received.

/shrug

Currently working on Dead Rising 2: Off The Record, before moving on to Mirror's Edge.

3DS: 4055-2781-2855 Xbox: spamdangled PSN: dark_morgan Wii U: Spamdangle Steam: spamdangled

• Armoured_Bear 21 Oct 2013 10:57:24 11,734 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Dark Souls
    Dark Souls
    Dark Souls
    Dark Souls

\o/
    \o/
    \o/
    \o/

XBL : ecosse011172
    PSN : ecosse_011172
    NNID : armoured_bear

• Humperfunk 21 Oct 2013 11:04:23 2,401 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Ratchet: Gladiator

The weakest of the PS2 Ratchet games but when they're this much fun, that isn't saying much really.

8/10

Looking forward to Nexus in a few weeks

PSN, XBL & NNID: Wedjwants

• Bremenacht 21 Oct 2013 12:21:49 19,443 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    Dark Souls
    Dark Souls
    Dark Souls
    Dark Souls

\o/
    \o/
    \o/
    \o/
    Really!? Haha - well done. Feel good?
  • BeardedGamerUK 21 Oct 2013 12:25:30 1,611 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    Thought I would ask this in this thread. Are Goldeneye 007 Reloaded and 007 Legends any good?
  • spamdangled 21 Oct 2013 13:02:23 27,428 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Reloaded isn't bad, but it's nothing that will set your world on fire. Avoid Legends like the plague though, seriously.

3DS: 4055-2781-2855 Xbox: spamdangled PSN: dark_morgan Wii U: Spamdangle Steam: spamdangled

• TheMayorOfJugs 21 Oct 2013 13:06:34 4,328 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    Holy shit. If you rearrange morgado, it spells oorgadm. Orgasm with two os and a D. Mind blown.
  • spamdangled 21 Oct 2013 13:08:58 27,428 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Apparently it actually means something in German.

my username just used to be my login at a job from years ago though. It doesn't actually mean anything, at least not deliberately.

• BeardedGamerUK 21 Oct 2013 13:09:01 1,611 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    darkmorgado wrote:
    Reloaded isn't bad, but it's nothing that will set your world on fire. Avoid Legends like the plague though, seriously.
    Thank you :) Right then, so it's buy Reloaded really cheap and shoplift Legends :D
  • Deleted user 21 October 2013 13:34:31
    @darkmorgado Seeing as the combat in Batman is effectively button mashing, that's hard to believe :D
  • spamdangled 21 Oct 2013 13:50:18 27,428 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    There's a lot more to it in Batman though - the gadgets all have specific uses, for example. Combat has a much better flow for chaining together your moves, and the window for counters is far tougher and nowhere near as lenient as Sleeping Dogs.

You can't keep a combo going theoretically indefinitely in Sleeping Dogs, and there's very few possible moves, even after unlocking all of them and finding all the jade statue things. And no additional tools either. It just lacks the depth of the Arkham games (and they do have depth! Quite a bit actually).

• PazJohnMitch 21 Oct 2013 14:27:52 8,624 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    Dark Souls
    Dark Souls
    Dark Souls
    Dark Souls

\o/
    \o/
    \o/
    \o/
    What took you so long?
  • andytheadequate 21 Oct 2013 14:36:05 8,325 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    BeardedGamerUK wrote:
    Thought I would ask this in this thread. Are Goldeneye 007 Reloaded and 007 Legends any good?
    No, absolutely dreadful! Quantum of Solace is alright though
  • Kangoo 21 Oct 2013 15:23:25 1,023 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Journey

Have had this sitting there for over a year, thought I would try it on Saturday when I had a spare moment. Ended up nearly going through the whole game in one sitting, finished it last night and this is the ultimate in quality over quantity.

It looks beautiful throughout and meeting other travellers feels like you are moving into the unknown together. The soundtrack is stunning and really adds to the atmosphere as well. It's something that is so unique and such an experience, would recommend it to anyone that has a vague interest from what they have seen.

Can't wait to see what thatgamecompany come up with next.

Wow/10

PSN: Adwab2

• Deleted user 21 October 2013 16:16:20
    darkmorgado wrote:
    There's a lot more to it in Batman though - the gadgets all have specific uses, for example. Combat has a much better flow for chaining together your moves, and the window for counters is far tougher and nowhere near as lenient as Sleeping Dogs.

You can't keep a combo going theoretically indefinitely in Sleeping Dogs, and there's very few possible moves, even after unlocking all of them and finding all the jade statue things. And no additional tools either. It just lacks the depth of the Arkham games (and they do have depth! Quite a bit actually).
    Gadgets aside, I found the core beat em up to be completely lacking depth, I remember we had this discussion before now :D

I've only played Arkham City, and I beat each horde of enemies by just spamming roll and counter basically. Really, really easy. I haven't played Sleeping Dogs but I find it hard to believe the core mechanics have less depth. I thought the flying and grapple hook mechanics in Batman were awesome, flying around the city was superb, but the fighting mechanics were basic, boring, and easy.
  • Armoured_Bear 21 Oct 2013 17:17:39 11,734 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    PazJohnMitch wrote:
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    Dark Souls
    Dark Souls
    Dark Souls
    Dark Souls

\o/
    \o/
    \o/
    \o/
    What took you so long?
    Being shit at games and stopping 1/4 way in to play through Pikmin 3 and The Last Of Us.

\o/

XBL : ecosse011172
    PSN : ecosse_011172
    NNID : armoured_bear

• drhcnip 21 Oct 2013 21:19:12 2,599 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    beyond two souls

i know theyre marmite, but i love quanitc dream games....i could see elememts of the nomad soul here, heavy rain & fahrenheit in particular

of course it has its foibles & its about as interactive as a carboard dildo but i like marmite....and i liked this

8/10
  • Deleted user 23 October 2013 00:17:07
    The last of us.

Lasted between three and four hours. Gameplay very dull but everything else outstanding so I watched a three hour cinematic video on YouTube of the whole game and it was as good as watching a film.

So um as a game 5/10 but due to the great characters and story 8.

Funny how my tastes seem to be moving away from the average critics, they all gave it 10
  • neilka 23 Oct 2013 00:20:23 16,471 posts
    Seen 19 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    You can't put the same game in the Recently Abandoned thread and the Recently Completed thread!

BAAANG!!!!! EXPLOTION!!!!!

• Bremenacht 23 Oct 2013 00:23:38 19,443 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    That's genius! Haha!
  • Bremenacht 23 Oct 2013 00:24:43 19,443 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Battlefield 4
    -------------

Nice looking trailer, but looks just the same as CoD so overall I'd say it was shit

bored/10
  • dsmx 23 Oct 2013 00:25:04 7,692 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @neilka That's because he didn't finish it and thinks that watching the cinematics on youtube makes up for that.

"If we hit that bullseye the rest of the dominoes will fall like a a house of cards, checkmate." Zapp Brannigan

• Deleted user 23 October 2013 00:27:10
    dsmx wrote:
    @neilka That's because he didn't finish it and thinks that watching the cinematics on youtube makes up for that.
    Just a cheating bastard really.
  • PazJohnMitch 23 Oct 2013 02:52:56 8,624 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    PazJohnMitch wrote:
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    Dark Souls
    Dark Souls
    Dark Souls
    Dark Souls

\o/
    \o/
    \o/
    \o/
    What took you so long?
    Being shit at games and stopping 1/4 way in to play through Pikmin 3 and The Last Of Us.

\o/
    I found it a strange game that I frequently wanted to abandon but could not as I refused to admit defeat. (Whereas almost every other game I have got bored with and ended up abandoning despite wanting to continue).

Definitely a case that difficulty is a huge motivator for me. (To many games are so desperate to be completed that they become challenge free and rather boring).
  • spamdangled 23 Oct 2013 02:55:00 27,428 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Choppi wrote:
    The last of us.

Lasted between three and four hours. Gameplay very dull but everything else outstanding so I watched a three hour cinematic video on YouTube of the whole game and it was as good as watching a film.

So um as a game 5/10 but due to the great characters and story 8.

Funny how my tastes seem to be moving away from the average critics, they all gave it 10
    You didn't complete it. Doesn't count.

The clue is in the thread title.

Edited by darkmorgado at 02:56:22 23-10-2013

• Page

of 423 First / Last