Recently Completed Games Page 355

• Page

of 418 First / Last

• TheMayorOfJugs 9 Sep 2013 00:55:05 4,024 posts
    Seen 23 minutes ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    @santashi Can you imagine being faced with that kind of situation in real life? Don't know why I empathize with Naomi so much :o I kind of miss the old method of exploration and the 2d sprites tbh, I've only just finished the first chapter though, it may grow on me yet.

MOTHER OF BOB WHY DO THEY KILL SEIKO AGAIN? IS DAT ASS TO REMAIN UNGROPED? :'(

Edited by TheMayorOfJugs at 00:55:41 09-09-2013
  • Deleted user 9 September 2013 21:28:01
    Dead Space (PC) - first time player. Enjoyed the first few missions, then it started to drag on. Checked Gamefaqs to see how long to the end and decided to use a "trainer" in order to beat the game in less time.
    I really do not do this often, and ONLY with games that I really want to see to the end i.e. ones that I enjoy but find too long due to lack of time. By the way using trainer with a Steam game is a pain in the ass as it doesn't always work, sometimes it may crash the game etc. Still, it was worth it as I was able to reach the ending.
    Polished, well voice-acted experience, some great visual effects.
    The story was kinda bollocks though and in the end I was not sure what it was all about...
    Still, a solid 8/10.

Edited by Cosmopolitan at 21:50:27 09-09-2013
  • ray 10 Sep 2013 03:08:36 684 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Flower Sun Rain (DS). Such a funny game, bought it only becasue it was super cheap in a shop where I usally buy games… It seems it is not liked by many people and I can see why, but I just found it ideal for playing before falling asleep.

Wife tried playing it too, hated it :(
  • Paulie_P 10 Sep 2013 05:24:40 416 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    TheMayorOfJugs wrote:

IS DAT ASS TO REMAIN UNGROPED? :'(
    That's what scares me most. Keeps me up at night.
  • TheMayorOfJugs 10 Sep 2013 09:41:08 4,024 posts
    Seen 23 minutes ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    Paulie_P wrote:
    TheMayorOfJugs wrote:

IS DAT ASS TO REMAIN UNGROPED? :'(
    That's what scares me most. Keeps me up at night.
    I'm glad I'm not the only one aggrieved by the situation.
  • imamazed 10 Sep 2013 10:41:37 5,796 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Condemned 2: Bloodshot

Pretty good. The hand-to-hand combat is still great, even the more conventional additions to combat work well. The plot is ridiculous as it is hard to follow. It lacks the creepiness of the first one, but still has a number of nice moments [SPOILER]THE BEAR!!!1[/SPOILER]. The last couple of levels are just mental, and it hasn't aged well visually.

Still, pretty unique and fun throughout.

7/10
  • Raiko101 12 Sep 2013 02:35:59 6,434 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Metroid Fusion

This was my first playthrough of this game and i'd playing it through the 3DS' Virtual Console. It's definitely not in the same league as Super Metroid. For a start, there's a little too much hand holding. There rarely feels like there's enough freedom to go off and explore, which is the most important aspect to a Metroid game, in my opinion. However, saying that, by making the game more linear, they managed to stick in a half decent plot.

Firstly, having to avoid your own clone was quite interesting. Things become a little more tense when you realise that you can actually be killed by it quite easily. The relationship between Samus and the computer, which starts of being an excuse for direction, ends up developing into something fairly interesting too. It's even made me appreciate the plot to Metroid: Other M that little bit more.

Apart from the linearity, my only other complaint is that the boss battles seem a bit random. I found that the best tactic for some were to find a 'safe spot' in which you couldn't be harmed, whilst with others I just spammed missiles and let myself get hit. There's also one particular boss i'm not sure how to beat, even though I have managed it.

On the plus side, the setting was great and this game is jam-packed with secrets. Perhaps more so than Super Metroid. And it allows you to return to your save file to find them all. Nice.

4/5

3DS: 4210 4002 8289 (Dave)
    Wii U: Raiko87
    Xbox Live: Raiko87

• kinky_mong 13 Sep 2013 15:06:16 10,458 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Jak & Daxter

A generally irritating game throughout due to very ropey controls and hateful sections, with the final complex level being the absolute nadir, turning an average Mario 64 clone into one of the worst games I've ever played.

I'm generally astonished that this came from the same people as Uncharted and The Last Of Us. Needless to say I've deleted the second and third game off my PS3 because I've heard they get even worse.

2/10

All the eurogamers who actually play with each other on xbl rather than just post pseudointellectual pc handwringing bollocks on the forums, love the shit out of biggy.

• ardamillo 13 Sep 2013 15:14:52 525 posts
    Seen 24 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Wow I have fond memories of the first Jak and Daxter. The second was a ball breaker though.
  • Stranded87 13 Sep 2013 15:46:56 924 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Yeah I remember liking the first Jak & Daxter almost as much as Mario 64. Maybe it's just not aged well.
  • Zomoniac 13 Sep 2013 16:37:45 7,856 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I played through J&D when it came out on PS3 and thought it was sublime. There's some PITA precision platforming near the end but in general I thought it was wonderful.
  • Gunzberg 13 Sep 2013 18:32:07 1,741 posts
    Seen 20 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Brothers a tale of two sons

For its length expensive, for its impact worth it.

8/10

Steam/PSN/XBL/Nintendo ID/Uplay/Origin: Gunzberg
    Blizzard Battletag: Gunzberg#2718

• TheMayorOfJugs 13 Sep 2013 18:36:06 4,024 posts
    Seen 23 minutes ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    Gunzberg wrote:
    Brothers a tale of two sons

For its length expensive, for its impact worth it.

8/10
    Huehuehue
  • King_Edward 13 Sep 2013 20:14:38 11,454 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs

Was heading for a 7/10 but a fantastic finale pulls it up a point. The soundtrack is the star of the show. Constantly tense and teasing. Often making up the difference for some bland puzzles and exploration.

8/10
  • YenooR 13 Sep 2013 23:39:03 533 posts
    Seen 6 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Just completed The Witcher 2 on xbox. This was my third attempt at playing this game and what a game.
    Loved the story, the setting and the characters. Going to go back and play Iorveth's path. One of the best games of this generation and roll on The Witcher 3.
    9/10
  • mrpon 13 Sep 2013 23:42:36 29,200 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @imamazed ha! I remember that fucker just bursts out of wall doesn't he whilst your walking around a house? :D

Give yourself £5 or ½ gig, you're worth it.

• EnderkidsMum 13 Sep 2013 23:46:42 47 posts
    Seen 7 days ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    This may be an old one, but I rented Silent Hill: Downpour over the summer. It has to be the single most scary (real life-ish) experience I've ever had. (The scariest was a seriously crazy lucid dream which was a mixture between the Trainspotting Cold Turkey Scene, and Inception, with a black shadow thrown in for good measure.)

Call me a wimp, go on, but I maintain, it was not a comfortable experience.

Edited by EnderkidsMum at 23:46:51 13-09-2013
  • CharlieStCloud 14 Sep 2013 09:10:11 5,288 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @kinky_mong

Jak & Daxter is absolutely BRILLIANT!

... I preferred it to Super Mario Sunshine, seeing as they came out a year within one another.

God knows why you did not like it. It makes me feel sad though.

: (
  • Telepathic.Geometry 14 Sep 2013 12:07:54 11,404 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Jesus Kinky, that's like saying I hate mint-chocolate ice-cream or firm tits. Wait, there are some people with those opinions....

Carry on.

|| PSN Barrysama || NNID Barrysama ||

• TheMayorOfJugs 14 Sep 2013 12:44:16 4,024 posts
    Seen 23 minutes ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    Telepathic.Geometry wrote:
    Jesus Kinky, that's like saying I hate mint-chocolate ice-cream or firm tits. Wait, there are some people with those opinions....

Carry on.
    Who in the absolute fuck hates firm tits?!!?!
  • LionheartDJH 15 Sep 2013 17:37:44 19,492 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    GTA IV - TBoGT (360)

Got about 2/3 through this but never got around to finishing it, decided I might as well before GTA V drops on Tuesday. I liked the grittier/more realistic approach in GTA IV but definitely appreciated the more light-hearted and fun tone here. Some really funny moments and missions, Yusuf was the highlight for me.

The extra stuff outside of missions was decent too, like the whole club/nightlife vibe and some of the club management situations are pretty funny. Enjoyed it much more than TLAD and about as much as the main game, so it gets the same score!

10/10

She dives for cheese pasties

• kentmonkey 15 Sep 2013 20:11:55 20,781 posts
    Seen 27 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    TheMayorOfJugs wrote:
    Telepathic.Geometry wrote:

Carry on.
    Who in the absolute fuck hates firm tits?!!?!
    People who have saggy tits.
  • VideoGameAddict25 15 Sep 2013 22:43:13 332 posts
    Seen 49 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Ni No Kuni - Wrath of the White Witch

Bought this for £14.39 in Sony's summer sale and it was money well spent. The graphics are amazing, I love the fact that Studio Ghibli worked on this. Music is fantastic, the Tokyo Philharmonic Orchestra are awesome. I love the boss battle theme. Gameplay is very fun. I love the battle system used. I like how you can control your characters when in battle and the Familiars work very well.
    There is A LOT to do in this game. It took me 47 hours to finish the main story (might be less if you omit the side-quest stuff but it's worth doing). However, once you finish that, there are extra tasks to complete giving you another reason to keep playing.

10/10

Edited by VideoGameAddict25 at 17:04:47 16-09-2013
  • Ultrasoundwave 16 Sep 2013 09:26:08 3,339 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Splinter Cell : Blacklist (360)

For the life of me, i cannot understand any criticism that has been aimed at this game.

I consider myself a lifelong fan of the series - i got the original game on day one back in '02, back when i was just a wide-eyed 17-year old. I remember spending hours of my life trying to perfect the split-jump and trying to get through the game without setting off a single alarm.

So, i've grown up with Splinter Cell, playing every game along the way. Until Blacklist, Double Agent was probably my favourite in the series.

So, onto Blacklist - this game is excellent. I love the fact that it caters to everyone : want to stealth your way through the game, not harming a single soul?, you can. Do you want to Rambo your way through the game, leaving a massive trail of bodies in your wake?, you can.

Personally, i pretty much panthered my way through the game. Hiding in shadows, watching and waiting until an enemy got too close then........slice.

The story is also very good - maybe not up to Double Agent standards but it feels suitably epic. Also, in Majid Sadiq, we have one of the best bad guys that videogames have seen in recent years, which is down to an excellent performance from 24's Carlo Rota.

Unfortunately, the same cant be said for Eric Johnson. To be honest, i completely understand the decision to let Michael Ironside go - the industry has moved on, mo-cap is pretty standard these days so they wanted a younger actor to take the franchise forward - fair enough.

However, Mr Johnson is not good enough. Hes not terrible or anything, he knows how to deliver a line, but he speaks with the same tone of voice throughout the entire game, which is basically "I'm mildly pissed off at all times but i'm also really awesome" - Ironside made Sam feel more human and the game missed his gravitas.

Despite this slight mis-step though, the game shines. The campaign is suitably lengthy with superb environment variation and superb graphics. The game is filled out nicely with added co-op missions (online or couch) which expand the story nicely.

A final word on Spies vs Mercs, which is back and better than ever. Its really nicely balanced and offers nerve-shredding tension that is really hard to find in a MP game these days.

So, its a very generous package with high production values and excellent gameplay.

Highly recommended.

9/10

"The worst part is, I'll have to have the break-up sex with myself!"

• DUFFMAN5 16 Sep 2013 09:28:54 14,982 posts
    Seen 28 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @Ultrasoundwave

Good review. I have this coming soon. Like you a long time lover of the series, only on Xbox though, not ps2 ;)

"Duffman the grey is thrusting in the direction of the problem! Oh, yeah!"

• Ultrasoundwave 16 Sep 2013 09:33:58 3,339 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Yeah i was on the original xbox too mate - trying to master the split-jump with that massive control pad......

That was when i learnt patience!

"The worst part is, I'll have to have the break-up sex with myself!"

• DFawkes 16 Sep 2013 09:55:54 23,355 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Couldn't agree more with Ultrasoundwave, as far as the gameplay and story goes. I quite liked Eric Johnson as Fisher, but I definitely agree Ironside felt more well rounded.

Screw the dogs though. They can piss off. I understand why they're in, as they do give it a bit of variety and make it a bit less predictable, but I just found them annoying on Ghost. On the plus side, I've started again with a Panther playthrough and I love that I get to shoot them in their stupid dog faces! In fact thinking about it, I only really dislike them in Ghost, where they can draw guards over to close potential sneaking routes and mess with your plans. In Panther you just kill them.

I'd score it the same though, with most the same words as Ultra. Also this was on Wii U where it's the same game. None of the Wii U stuff enhances or breaks it.

Oh for goodness sake, I've caught my scrotum in my zip again - Margaret Thatcher, 1986

• imamazed 16 Sep 2013 09:59:16 5,796 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon

Big, bonkers fun. Lasts just long enough that you don't fully realise you're basically just playing Far Cry 3, although on the other hand doesn't give you enough to do with all the attachments and level perks. But I really enjoyed it while it lasted.

9/10
  • StrikeForce 16 Sep 2013 12:52:01 110 posts
    Seen 28 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Brothers
    I went in with high expectations after all the critical praise. I was disappointed for the first hour. But as the journey progressed I was utterly drawn in. Felt like a real fairy tale story, with character development, a sense of wonder and some dark undercurrents. Glad I played it through in one sitting.

8.5/10

Call of Juarez Gunslinger
    Played through the story mode twice over the weekend - once on normal, once on the hardest difficulty. Quite derivative but fun. Definitely has that old-school whack-a-mole feel. Would have been a lot worse without the narrator/story-telling mechanic to inject a bit of fun and variety. Duels were quite good too.

7/10
  • Daddy-Doom-Bar 16 Sep 2013 13:50:18 2,440 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Saints Row 4 PC.

Enjoyed it loads. The ending was a bit naff, but the rest of the game was just really good fun. Puts you in a world, gives you loads of toys and tells you to wreak havok. Nothing less than I expected nor wanted.

8/10

You must be the change you wish to see in the world - Ghandi

• Page

of 418 First / Last