Recently Completed Games Page 344

• Page

of 414 First / Last

• DUFFMAN5 29 Jul 2013 17:13:49 14,775 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @SolidSCB
    buy a time machine and go back to when you said "download" ;)
    It might be sorted now. All of us top a man downloaded several parts of the game for several hours and yet the game still didn't install correctly or let you play via the interface.

...I bought the GOTY for 12 in the end :)

"Duffman the grey is thrusting in the direction of the problem! Oh, yeah!"

• Megapocalypse 29 Jul 2013 18:57:04 5,443 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver 2 - 6/10

Like the first one it feels unfinished and again hasn't dated very well. Combat is better than the first but still crap and there's a massive amount of backtracking through a linear overworld which connects the dungeons as the devs didn't bother with the fast travel rooms that made the first one bareable.

The developers obviously weren't a fan of save points either as most of them are over an hour apart. Which isn't a problem in the sense of dying and having to redo stuff (like the first you're effectively invincible) its just the gameplay is boring and an hour at a time is more than enough. The world is huge and almost completely empty. What is there just wants to kill you and the combat is so bad its easier to just run past everything. The dungeons are a bit better though with few bad guys and some interesting puzzles.

Again though, like the first one, its the story and superb voice acting that kept me going.

Just Defiance to go now.
  • jamievilla 29 Jul 2013 18:58:10 538 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    The Last of Us.

10/10 love it. But sad now.
  • kentmonkey 29 Jul 2013 19:20:01 20,718 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @DUFFMAN5 I'm assuming that was Tomb Raider?
  • DUFFMAN5 29 Jul 2013 20:04:43 14,775 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    kentmonkey wrote:
    @DUFFMAN5 I'm assuming that was Tomb Raider?
    Hi Kent
    ?
    I was talking about Uncharted 3 at the top of the page, Tomb Raider on the previous page.

"Duffman the grey is thrusting in the direction of the problem! Oh, yeah!"

• CharlieStCloud 29 Jul 2013 20:12:29 5,219 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    DUFFMAN5 wrote:
    I was talking about Uncharted 3 at the top of the page, Tomb Raider on the previous page.
    That was the game that got me over my post-TLoU blues and I hope it does for you too!

... Uncharted 3 that is, not the astonishingly average Tomb Raider.
  • kentmonkey 29 Jul 2013 21:14:12 20,718 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @DUFFMAN5 Sorry yeah, I thought reply also quoted it.

Your post on the previous page goes into a lot of detail including system etc....but I couldn't actually see the title of the game. Probably my eyes. :o)
  • Mark1412 29 Jul 2013 21:39:03 549 posts
    Seen 33 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Recently given up on: Dead Space 3. Played for ten hours, lack the mental fortitude to go on. Think it all came to a head when one of the NPCs asked me if I was shooting the boss in the yellow bits, followed by a boss fight inside an alien's arse.

Not quite sure how you go from Dead Space 2 to that but hey, in a backwards-ass kind of way it's kind of impressive.

• CharlieStCloud 29 Jul 2013 22:02:07 5,219 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Yup.

Dead Space 3 made me wonder how things got so bad from the second to the third one.

... then the (astoundingly poor) DLC add-on came along and outright killed the series for me.
  • SolidSCB 30 Jul 2013 21:30:34 6,771 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    DUFFMAN5 wrote:
    @SolidSCB
    buy a time machine and go back to when you said "download" ;)
    It might be sorted now. All of us top a man downloaded several parts of the game for several hours and yet the game still didn't install correctly or let you play via the interface.

...I bought the GOTY for 12 in the end :)
    Just as an update to this, I managed to download and install the game and got it working at the first time of asking.

In case this helps anyone struggling, I basically downloaded the PS+ package and also downloaded the seperate FTP multiplayer client that is knocking about on the store. I then installed them in no particular order (ps+ actually did half of them overnight)

On my games list, it still claims to be 'Uncharted 3 Free to Play Edition' or whatever, and in the main menu of the game it says the same, but I entered the campaign without a problem and I'm now currently a couple of chapters in and absolutely loving it!
  • barbour99 30 Jul 2013 22:07:34 947 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Mark1412 wrote:
    Think it all came to a head when one of the NPCs asked me if I was shooting the boss in the yellow bits, followed by a boss fight inside an alien's arse.
    Haha. Sounds like quite an experience!
  • oconnomiyaki 31 Jul 2013 02:32:33 245 posts
    Seen 11 months ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Aliens: Colonial Marines. Serviceable, if a little generic, but I enjoyed it enough to finish it, which is more than I can say for most games. It was relatively short, so didn't outstay it's welcome. Also didn't feel like you spent most of the game shooting humans as some said, leaving me wonder how far people actually played. (I have similar suspicions about Vampire Rain.) The graphics were a bit shit and the story was totally by the numbers, but I can't help but feel a lot of the vitriol was disappointment masquerading as objectivity.

I'll play it again on Ultimate Badass.

6/10
  • Deleted user 31 July 2013 12:13:20
    Batman ArkhaM Asylum.

Really enjoyed re-playing through this. A bit linear than i remember, but it so focussed, and just a joy to play. Really is one of the generation best games. Did miss having the ability to hang people from gargoyles though. Although i didn't get on with AC, i am actually looking forward to replaying it now.

10/10
  • ardamillo 31 Jul 2013 14:41:00 523 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Crysis (360)

Pretty but dumb, and not in a good way. It's as if they copied all these things I like but only at a surface level. So it's Predator but without the tension or the sharp one-liners. It's Halo but without the interesting weapons and enemies. It tries to do stealth but it's broken. Somehow I was bored a lot of the time, but I also get bored in Michael Bay movies, so maybe it's just not for me.

6/10
  • kinky_mong 31 Jul 2013 14:47:11 10,352 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I started Crysis last night and already think it's utter crap. Korean's with super eyesight and rubbish weapons to shoot them with has not been entertaining so far. I'll give it more than an hour to see if it gets any better but I'm expecting the worse.

All the eurogamers who actually play with each other on xbl rather than just post pseudointellectual pc handwringing bollocks on the forums, love the shit out of biggy.

• Vortex808 31 Jul 2013 14:55:38 7,212 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Oh dear, I was going to try Crysis soon, having had it lurking on my HDD since Crysis 3's release.

Maybe I'd be better starting Metro last light instead.

Edited by Vortex808 at 14:55:56 31-07-2013
  • ardamillo 31 Jul 2013 15:08:43 523 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I would suggest putting it on Easy and blasting through it!
  • Deleted user 31 July 2013 15:38:25
    @kinky_mong Funny that as I started it a few weeks ago and just couldn't be arsed with it. Just wasn't fun.
  • FuzzyDuck 31 Jul 2013 20:50:32 4,198 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I wholeheartedly agree that Crysis is complete piss. Bored me to absolute tears.

Anyway, I've just started (and finished) Journey (PS3).

+ Great art design and graphics.
    + Equally good soundtrack.

- The actual gameplay. There's absolutely fuck all to do. It's a glorified tech demo to be honest.

I think the only reason this game scored highly is because it reeks of the hipster, 'cool to love the indie games, man' brigade. It's barely a fucking game, for crying out loud. Hold forward, occasionally tap X, sometimes circle, complete game. 4/10

Which brings me to thatgamecompany's other 'games' (Flower and flOw) which came as part of the Journey Collector's Ed disc. You waggle the Sixaxis, something vague and 'emotional' happens. Total horseshit of the highest order.

Thank Christ I picked these up on disc so I can resell them ASAP, absolute dung. 0/10.
  • Humperfunk 31 Jul 2013 21:01:06 2,257 posts
    Seen 59 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Crysis improves loads when you whack the difficulty down.

Saying that, it's still terrible.

PSN, XBL & NNID: Wedjwants

• Humperfunk 31 Jul 2013 21:04:37 2,257 posts
    Seen 59 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Terrible is a bit harsh.

PSN, XBL & NNID: Wedjwants

• HarryPalmer 31 Jul 2013 21:24:46 3,332 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @FuzzyDuck journey is superb. If you don't like it you're broken inside.
  • Deleted user 31 July 2013 21:55:36
    FuzzyDuck wrote:
    I wholeheartedly agree that Crysis is complete piss. Bored me to absolute tears.

- The actual gameplay. There's absolutely fuck all to do. It's a glorified tech demo to be honest.

I think the only reason this game scored highly is because it reeks of the hipster, 'cool to love the indie games, man' brigade. It's barely a fucking game, for crying out loud. Hold forward, occasionally tap X, sometimes circle, complete game. 4/10

Which brings me to thatgamecompany's other 'games' (Flower and flOw) which came as part of the Journey Collector's Ed disc. You waggle the Sixaxis, something vague and 'emotional' happens. Total horseshit of the highest order.

Thank Christ I picked these up on disc so I can resell them ASAP, absolute dung. 0/10.
    Wow man. I normally agree with alot of your views, but i'm surprised by this. Each to there own. I loved journey, a game of the gen contender for me. Did you have anyone join your game?
  • oconnomiyaki 31 Jul 2013 22:03:05 245 posts
    Seen 11 months ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    As an experience, Journey is great. As a game, not so much. Reminded me more of The Snowman more than anything else.

Edited by oconnomiyaki at 22:09:09 31-07-2013
  • CharlieStCloud 31 Jul 2013 22:05:59 5,219 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    oconnomiyaki wrote:
    Reminded me more of The Snowman more than anything else.
    Oh, you just had to go and mention that!

... I suddenly feel sad now.

The snowman at the end. The boy holding his scarf.

I cried.
  • Syrette 31 Jul 2013 22:07:33 43,594 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Journey is quite simply the most overrated game I have ever come across.

With that said, it's decent and 4/10 is really harsh. I don't think it helped that I didn't get it at launch, and I'd gone into it with a somewhat cynical mindset as I'd read about people getting emotional etc over it. I didn't - I thought it was beautiful and a little moving but nothing more than that.

I guess if you don't 'get' it, then your left with a pretty simple, not overly inspiring game at its most basic level. It's the art direction that makes it feel so special.

• oconnomiyaki 31 Jul 2013 22:10:35 245 posts
    Seen 11 months ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    CharlieStCloud wrote:
    oconnomiyaki wrote:
    Reminded me more of The Snowman more than anything else.
    Oh, you just had to go and mention that!

... I suddenly feel sad now.

The snowman at the end. The boy holding his scarf.

I cried.
    It gets me every year. :'(
  • FuzzyDuck 1 Aug 2013 00:53:07 4,198 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    joelstinton wrote:
    FuzzyDuck wrote:

Wow man. I normally agree with alot of your views, but i'm surprised by this. Each to there own. I loved journey, a game of the gen contender for me. Did you have anyone join your game?
    Nope, I solo'd it, as I couldn't connect to the PSN for some bizarre-o reason.

All I found was some (admittedly) wonderful art direction and music to carry the near non-existent gameplay.

I think I'm one of those people for whom gameplay is always king, and when I look at all my fave games for this gen, 9/10 are heavily gameplay/mechanics driven. I'll take worthy mechanics + high score table every day over a story or setting.

Probably doesn't help that my love life is in ribbons since lunchtime today, so I'm probably in cynical auld bugger mode right now. :|
  • King_Edward 1 Aug 2013 06:10:05 11,454 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Sad to hear that FD. :(
  • Gunzberg 1 Aug 2013 08:59:20 1,733 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    FuzzyDuck wrote:

I enjoyed flower because it was something different.

I tried the Journey demo and could see how people could get caught by the magic but also thought the gameplay was quite poor. I never did buy the full version.

Can totally understand how you reached this opinion

Steam/PSN/XBL/Nintendo ID/Uplay/Origin: Gunzberg
    Blizzard Battletag: Gunzberg#2718

• Page

of 414 First / Last