Spoiler tag, you cunt!
  • Tomo 25 Jun 2013 23:59:28 13,980 posts
    Seen 46 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Fucking owned. Amazing work!
  • kinky_mong 26 Jun 2013 00:01:29 10,866 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Hahahahaha! He's slowly reading each post to reply to! Classic.

All the eurogamers who actually play with each other on xbl rather than just post pseudointellectual pc handwringing bollocks on the forums, love the shit out of biggy.

• richardiox 26 Jun 2013 00:01:59 5,734 posts
    Seen 60 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    You forgot whether you finished it or simply played it a bit?!
  • TheMayorOfJugs 26 Jun 2013 00:02:48 4,515 posts
    Seen 43 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    DarkSpaceDS wrote:
    TheMayorOfJugs wrote:
    DarkSpaceDS wrote:
    TheMayorOfJugs wrote:
    @RyanDS You beauty :D
    He is anything but a beauty.
    Ooooh are you mad? Did you think that up yourself? Or did your mommy and daddy give you that too?
    How predictable. You are jumping on the hate bandwagon. Be a bit original now little man.
    Little man? If you haven't told another lie, I'm older than you, little man. And what do you expect when you take such a confrontational stance with everyone? It's stupidly abrasive and it grates off everyone. Surely you realise you're a bit of a twat when almost everyone seems to find grief with you. And I'm sorry btw, i posted that before my nap.

Anywho, just finished Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor Overclocked on 3ds. Very enjoyable, deep and challenging, and the characters are as well written and likable as they ever are with Atlus (take that how you will). I never played the DS original so I can't compare the extra content or if it's value for money, but I'd give it an 8 and a half out of 10 for sure. Gonna start a second playthrough right away as I think there are multiple endings based on choices.
  • FuzzyDuck 26 Jun 2013 03:07:38 4,901 posts
    Seen 20 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Anyway, back at the ranch. Last game I finished was (drumroll...) The Last of US!

+ Nice slow burn to the start, easing you into Joel's character and the shitstorm that's happening around you.

+ Great pacing to the gameplay, you're never stuck doing any section for too long, and it also mixes up the different types (combat, sneaking, exploring, etc.) nicely too.

+ Open ended with how it lets you get round a group of baddies.

+ Surprisingly good mixture of environments that really push the PS3, and a wonderful, minimalist musical score.

+ All the incidental animation and dialogue.

- NPC walking in front of enemies and not getting a reaction (though I completely understand why ND chose this and the game is better for it, it just breaks the immersion a bit).

- Initial load time. Silver lining here is that once you're up and running, you can play the game in its entirety and never experience a single load screen.

Overall a 10/10, and one of the very few games that's made everything else feel a bit crap after it.

Not gonna bother with another playthrough for a while, as I've started a NG+ run of Arkham City, there's new Borderlands 2 DLC on the way and I have the Witcher 2 to get back to (despite saying I've abandoned it and was gonna trade towards TLoU). And I've also received Valkyria Chronicles via our wonderful swapsie thread just yesterday. So it'll feel a bit fresher in a few months when I get back to it :D
  • Telepathic.Geometry 26 Jun 2013 16:02:46 11,558 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Just finished The Last of Us and, as with Ico and Bioshock and a few other rare games, it had a deep emotional impact on me. Great fucking game!

|| PSN Barrysama || NNID Barrysama ||

• munki83 26 Jun 2013 20:34:54 1,453 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Last Of Us 9/10

Like many others I've just finished the last of us and thought it was a fantastic game but I'm probably not as gushing as some other people. Maybe cos I'm a cold hearted man but I don't seem to have resonated with the game on an emotional level as some others have. I didn't find the game scary it was sad in places but only briefly for me and I guess I found a few moments tense.

The game reminds me a lot of The Walking Dead by telltale. It takes a mature story and sticks with it through thick and thin. The story and atmosphere make up for the lack of other game mechanics such as slightly weak combat and woeful puzzle elements. The combat while decent and has a lot of weight to it just feels a bit meh and spammy at moments.

The graphics and style of the game are stunning though and my old ps3 made a lot of noise producing them but it was so worth it. Maybe some hardcore pc gamers, I play most games on my pc before I get any hate, will say it would look better on PC but god knows what Naughty Dog have done but the game is just stunning to looks at with huge attention to detail, some of the best animation I've seen in gaming and a world that looks desolate without resorting to brown...ok it does a little and get use to the colour green.

Anyway I'm rambling now so going to say...awesome game and if you own a PS3 I'd highly recommend it.

Also DS is allowed to hate on the Last of Us it shouldn't change your opinion on the game no matter how much or how little he played. I hated GTAIV and I'm sure that doesn't bother him.
  • CharlieStCloud 26 Jun 2013 21:00:01 5,530 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Seeing as June is coming to an eventual end thus the first half of 2013 will soon have come and gone, I fancy hastily giving all the games I have completed this game so far a rating out of ten!

Think I shall do them in order of oldest to latest completed:

Dead Space 3 - 5/10
    The first third of the game is brilliant, the second third is very hit and miss whilst the last third is simply poor. The ending of the campaign (as well as the DLC story add-on) has genuinely killed the whole series for me.

Rock of Ages - 7/10
    Perhaps I was in the mood at the time however, I found the whole experience bizarrely amusing and rather quite fun at the best of times. Those little animated clips before the 'battle' are so funny. I thoroughly loved it.

BioShock Infinite - 9/10
    There is not much to say that hasn't already been said ... it is one of this generations finest hour. From the moment you step onto Columbia for the first time to the extraordinarily wonderful closure; it was spellbinding.

The Last of Us - 9.9/10
    I treated myself to a PlayStation 3 just for the sake of this one game and it was worth every single penny. This is one of those rare games in which you find yourself wondering what's the point of playing anything else afterwards.

God of War: Ascension - 7/10
    Trouble is, when you begin a game like this by showing off the scale of the richly detailed environments whilst you are still fighting in such a ridiculously spectacular manner during the opening thirty minutes, the rest of the game feels like its forever trying to catch up.

Journey - 10/10
    Sits together with Super Mario Galaxy 2 as the best game of the generation. As someone who is not overly religious, but doesn't outright deny the possibilities, this game is as close to a religious experience I'll ever witness.
  • King_Edward 26 Jun 2013 22:44:04 11,471 posts
    Seen 22 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @DarkSpaceDS
    Aren't you the guy that accused everyone that doesn't like San Andreas of being racist?

It may have been someone else around here with a GTA fetish.
  • munki83 26 Jun 2013 23:02:22 1,453 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Gun point 8/10

Short and sweet stealth game that's a lot of fun. It's probably a little on the easy side.
  • RyanDS 26 Jun 2013 23:04:32 9,841 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    The last of us.

Wow.

Started good, got great in fall, became amazing in winter, then just built up and up to an amazing final act. Genuinely touching and emotional, looks amazing, and on hard it was fucking difficult but never unfair and oh so rewarding.

Will take some time to process, but I think I will look back on this with as much awe and love as I do Planescape and Deus ex.

It's not flawless, but I genuinely think it is as close as I have seen.

10/10
  • Deleted user 27 June 2013 09:22:29
    Dishonored(360)

+Complete levels in multiple ways, there really is a lot of choice
    +Nice balance of abilities to use
    +The setting is well thought out
    +It encourages multiple playthroughs

-Frustrating trying to use the blink ability
    -The story started off well but went nowhere really. Weak final act
    -AI is pretty shit

6/10
  • Ultrasoundwave 27 Jun 2013 12:08:56 3,411 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Dead Space 3
    I'm a big fan of the series. Despite not being overly fussed on horror games, i've always managed to man-up and make my way through the DS games. I was a little disappointed with DS3 to be honest. There are less scares, easier puzzles and its just not up to scratch with the previous two games. Saying that, there are definitely some high points for the series.

I loved the opening of the game in the ship graveyard, so much so that i wish they could have built the entire game around it. There is a fantastic mission in this section of the game (for the life of me, i cant remember if its a chapter or side mission) where you wonder through a ship being goaded by a mad man who has painted graffiti on the floors and set traps.

The weapon creation aspect is excellent. It offers complete customisation and, whilst tricky at first, once you get your head around it, it is a fantastic addition to the series.

+ Solid story
    + Amazing visuals
    + Campaign is a good length
    + First few hours are some of the best in the series
    + Weapon Creation is excellent

- Human enemies are rubbish
    - Lack of scares
    - Isaac's mental/psychotic issues missing
    - Co-op is wasted
    - Drags a little in the middle

For me, Dead Space 1 and 2 are both 9/10 games.

Dead Space 3 is worth playing if you're a fan of the series, but instead of matching the excellent first two, its a slightly disappointing 7/10

"The worst part is, I'll have to have the break-up sex with myself!"

• oconnomiyaki 27 Jun 2013 13:59:37 245 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Catherine. That last level...

Had fun with it though. Story is silly and the protagonist is obnoxious, but the actual gameplay is super fun and quite challenging. Haven't felt accomplished after finishing a game for quite a while. :)
  • Ultrasoundwave 28 Jun 2013 10:42:30 3,411 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Metro 2033

Never got around to playing this for some reason, but due to the release (and stunning reviews) of the sequel i decided to give it a go before i start Last Light.

Brilliant game - tons of atmosphere which completely immerses you in the gameworld. Yes the weapons are a bit shonky and the stealth is questionable, but overall the atmosphere comes out on top.

+ Stunning atmosphere
    + Nice graphics
    + Military grade ammo as currency is a good system
    + Excellent story

- Weapons lack punch and weight
    - Bullet-sponge enemies

Overall, a very good game and well worth playing.

8/10

"The worst part is, I'll have to have the break-up sex with myself!"

• Rhaegyr 28 Jun 2013 10:55:45 2,723 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    oconnomiyaki wrote:
    Catherine. That last level...

Had fun with it though. Story is silly and the protagonist is obnoxious, but the actual gameplay is super fun and quite challenging. Haven't felt accomplished after finishing a game for quite a while. :)
    Loved that game - those last few levels were ROCK SOLID but very satisfying.

Thought the story was great too, though I'll not forget being chased by a giant dead baby for a long time.
  • Tomo 28 Jun 2013 16:57:54 13,980 posts
    Seen 46 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Stacking - 5/10

Love the style. There are some lovely Double Fine touches sprinkled throughout it, but the game itself is so dull. The levels feel really sparse as there's really very little to interact with. The stacking mechanic is great, but the novelty wears thin quickly. Once that happens you're left slowly trotting through cavernous levels searching for the one damn doll you need. The puzzles were so easy the game basically boiled down to a treasure hunt. Find the doll, move on to finding the next one.
  • Tomo 28 Jun 2013 18:29:24 13,980 posts
    Seen 46 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Home - 9/10

Lovely little game. Does what it sets out to do perfectly. Really fucking tense and a nice twist on the horror genre. Highly recommended for the 69p it'll inevitably be in the Steam sale.
  • Progguitarist 28 Jun 2013 18:41:05 10,534 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @Tomo Yup, that's how I felt about it too.
  • Tomo 28 Jun 2013 18:44:51 13,980 posts
    Seen 46 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I was expecting something/someone to jump out and murder me at some point but mercifully it never happened. It knew what I was expecting though and exploited it perfectly.
  • oceanmotion 28 Jun 2013 18:53:37 16,126 posts
    Seen 24 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Driver San Francisco - 7\10

Actually better than I thought it would be and good fun if you just like to mess about in the City. Lots to do, even after a healthy story campaign, you can mix and match all the way through doing side missions, challenges, activities etc. loads of cars to get through. Story was fine and silly with no annoying characters. Shift mechanic is a great idea and I love just jumping around different cars and pulling far out on the map to quickly find a new location. Smooth and clean graphics brings it all together. Quite the feat.

Closest to Midtown Madness fun but lacks a little unpredictability.

Edited by oceanmotion at 18:56:08 28-06-2013
  • Deleted user 29 June 2013 23:09:16
    Dark souls

Terrible voice acting, nonsensical plot, terrible frame rate at times. Hilarious weightless dead bodies.

Also. Beautiful, terrifying, aweinspiring, life devouring epicness. It's a game you think about when you're not playing it. A game where a quick hour becomes 5.

I will play it again. But not yet. I want my life back.

10/10
  • Folant 29 Jun 2013 23:38:32 1,588 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    DarkSpaceDS wrote:
    @PazJohnMitch Tacked on multiplayer doesn't count. Multiplayer actually suits GTA unlike The Last of Us.
    Just to pick up on this, the multiplayer in TLoU does actually kinda make sense and has that "make your own story up" kinda thing going for it too.

Just sayin'

Oh, and I guess I last finished TLoU.
    Great game with some stunning moments. One of those "Five more minutes." games, and all of a sudden it's 1 in the am.
    Not being a parent, I suppose part of the main point of the game is somewhat lost on me. I can't really relate to the father/daughter thing going on, but it told a story that got me to get a proper feel for the characters.
    When they were happy, I was happy.
    When they were sad, I was sad.
    And when they were ready to do whatever it took to survive, you best be sure I was giving it 100%.

It's a magic you don't really see that often in games, and ND wove that spell
    magically.

The gunplay was pretty cool too. Satisfying pulling off a dome shot from across the zone.

Posted from my Nexus 4, not using Tapatalk 4.

• Mr_Sleep 29 Jun 2013 23:41:27 17,370 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    @BillCityfingers You forgot to end your review with a maniacal laugh :-)

You are a factory of sadness.

• PazJohnMitch 30 Jun 2013 09:17:46 8,727 posts
    Seen 23 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Last of Us

Pulled me in completely. I cannot say I enjoyed it as it really did feel like survival to me but it was riveting throughout.

There was never a point in the cutscenes when the characters did something at odds to the gameplay of vice versa. (Do not think I can say that about another game).

Every action I did was calculated and thought through beforehand. Not even Dark Souls gripped me that hard. Everything had meaning.

Started the Tomb Raider reboot afterwards and it tries similar things but just feels empty by comparison. If I had not started that afterwards I doubt I would have appreciated Last of Us quite as much.

Essentially it is a stunning game. I look forward to what Naughty Dog do next.

10/10

Jacob Jones: Episode 1

Enjoyable Prof Layton style game with far more story and it is a good story. As it was very story heavy I do not think the episode could have been any longer but I look forward to episode 2.

8/10

Edited by PazJohnMitch at 09:18:23 30-06-2013
  • Stranded87 30 Jun 2013 10:33:58 1,006 posts
    Seen 41 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    The Last Of Us

Beautiful and haunting would probably sum up my feelings. The graphics were superb, the voice acting was top notch and the gameplay was delivered with the confidence of a developer at the top of their game.

Of course the story is what it's really all about and what a story, the ending in particular will really stay with me. I'm struggling to think of a zombie story in any medium that I liked as much, which is surprising given how over done the whole genre is.

However I can't quite give it a ten out of ten because as much as the gameplay was great it was also nothing new. It was still shooting and sneaking like we've seen in hundreds of other games and while it was pulled off well there wasn't anything that unique about it. The endless swarms of enemies in some areas also felt a bit too video-gamey and lazy. So I have no choice but to give it a high 9/10
  • andytheadequate 30 Jun 2013 11:06:16 8,357 posts
    Seen 25 seconds ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Tomo wrote:
    Stacking - 5/10

Love the style. There are some lovely Double Fine touches sprinkled throughout it, but the game itself is so dull. The levels feel really sparse as there's really very little to interact with. The stacking mechanic is great, but the novelty wears thin quickly. Once that happens you're left slowly trotting through cavernous levels searching for the one damn doll you need. The puzzles were so easy the game basically boiled down to a treasure hunt. Find the doll, move on to finding the next one.
    Did you do everything in the game? The fun in the game comes from finding all the alternative ways of solving the puzzles, if you just rush through the story it can be pretty dull
  • Page

of 425 First / Last