Recently Completed Games Page 336

• Page

of 417 First / Last

• Luckyjim 23 Jun 2013 23:40:56 2,873 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Getting sucked out of the plane as it tears itself apart o.O

A cynic might argue it's all carefully ochastrated smoke mirrors, but when it's done that well, and still allows you to 'play' the game, all is forgiven.
  • Mr_Sleep 23 Jun 2013 23:42:48 17,184 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    The thing about u2 that bothered me was the awful tank bit that on both of my play throughs managed to piss me off. Also the mutants towards the end were tedious. U3 improved all of that and added in the hand to hand stuff that was always fun.

You are a factory of sadness.

• Luckyjim 23 Jun 2013 23:45:23 2,873 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Yeah, two worst things about the Uncharted series: Nazi Zombies and mountain smurfs with roid rage.
  • Vortex808 23 Jun 2013 23:46:20 7,299 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Defiance on 360.

It's not really completed, given it's MMO nature, but I finally got the campaign done. It was quite fun, better/busier earlier in release, but still plenty players around. PvP games take a while to fill now though.

Lots of fun to tool about it, but it was a bit same-y after a while. Arkfalls or co-op with other people including random was good fun.

I guess I'd give it a good 6 or low 7. A possibly marmite, flawed game, but one I enjoyed a fair bit and certainly got my moneys worth from.

It has very much whetted my appetite for Destiny/Titanfall type games for next gen.
  • FuzzyDuck 24 Jun 2013 00:05:14 4,334 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    DUFFMAN5 wrote:
    DarkSpaceDS wrote:
    FuzzyDuck wrote:
    DarkSpaceDS wrote:
    lavalant wrote:
    Last Of Us.

One of the best games ever made.

10/10
    lol
    Why do you poor so much negative energy into what is probably one of your main hobbies?

Just curious.
    Pour not poor and what do you mean I pour so much negativity ? I only trash the typical AAA all flash no substance type games just like The Last of Us.

Its everything wrong with gaming. Focus on graphics and cutscenes, gameplay is just trying to get to the next cutscene and just becomes frustrating and finally its trying to do too much and becomes the jack of all trades and the master of nothing.

The real games are the arcade/indie games that don't have the budget for flashy graphics or voice acting and instead focus on gameplay.

Only AAA game worth buying this year is GTA V. Everything else is filler until next gen.
    Oh come on, you are talking rubbish. I know you get a lot of stick for most of your posts and I do think you like to be sensational and controversial and sometimes just to get a reaction, but...

Its everything wrong with gaming. Focus on graphics and cutscenes, gameplay is just trying to get to the next cutscene and just becomes frustrating and finally its trying to do too much and becomes the jack of all trades and the master of nothing.

...You are talking rot man.
    As for GTA, only time will tell
    Yes, I realise I typed 'pour' instead of 'poor'. I don't proof read what I post on a gaming forum. If you want to be like that, then your next sentence - 'it's' not 'its'. I'm actually a total Grammar Nazi, so if you'd like me to point out your litany of errors across EG, then I don't mind ;)

As for your argument, Duff is on the money here. It's like saying that art/music/whatever cannot be both commercially successful and remain artful, push boundaries, true to itself, etc.

TLoU had plenty of gameplay. Walk into a room full of enemies, do you go in all guns blazing, take them out silently or sneak the entire way? It had good exploration too, allowing you to soak up some amazing environments. It was also paced perfectly, with real attention to mixing up the different elements, so you're not doing any task for too long, making it stale. How is that not a focus on gameplay?

Your argument might have an iota of weight if you didn't turn around and say that GTAV - which very clearly falls into the category of game you spend so much time lambasting on here - is the 'only AAA game worth buying this year'.

Sheesh :rolleyes:
  • andytheadequate 24 Jun 2013 16:49:07 8,267 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    And GTA7 will be much better than the last of us 3
  • PazJohnMitch 24 Jun 2013 16:54:45 8,326 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @DarkSpaceDS so tLoU has no multiplayer? Strange that there is a thread dedicated to it.
  • SolidSCB 24 Jun 2013 17:01:40 6,911 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    For GTA V, I might do what this no-mark has done with TLoU; skim read a plot synopsis on Wikipedia, completely misunderstand it and then slag it off on here. I'd wager he hasn't even played half the games he drones on about, he's a fucking mong.
  • Trafford 24 Jun 2013 17:08:34 5,879 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I think we have an early sighting of a typical GTA kid here gentlemen.
    This place will be awash with the edgy little twerps come September.

Edited by Trafford at 17:24:16 24-06-2013
  • SFD 24 Jun 2013 17:12:12 506 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Don't waste your time fellas, he's a troll.
  • Mr_Sleep 24 Jun 2013 17:13:57 17,184 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    SolidSCB wrote:
    For GTA V, I might do what this no-mark has done with TLoU; skim read a plot synopsis on Wikipedia, completely misunderstand it and then slag it off on here. I'd wager he hasn't even played half the games he drones on about, he's a fucking mong.
    Someone gets shot then there's a car section followed by a mounted gun section. Some people say something witty, probably involving casual misogyny and some of the characters have borderline personalities. It's everything we hope it will be, yay progress.

Edited by Mr_Sleep at 17:14:08 24-06-2013

You are a factory of sadness.

• RyanDS 24 Jun 2013 18:13:42 9,583 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    DarkSpaceDS wrote:
    @PazJohnMitch Tacked on multiplayer doesn't count. Multiplayer actually suits GTA unlike The Last of Us.

@SolidSCB Your just another donkey I've come across on the internet unfortunately.

@SFD Says someone with the initials SFD. You can't even spell it right fantard.
    Your, you're. Please try to learn the difference.

And what fucking retard plays GTA for the multiplayer? You play it for the joy of driving over hookers while being chased by cops while listening to Lazlo on the radio.
  • Deckard1 24 Jun 2013 18:14:19 28,724 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Darkspace isn't a troll. He's just thick as fuck.
  • SolidSCB 24 Jun 2013 18:16:51 6,911 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    And obviously about 15. 16 max.
  • UncleLou Moderator 24 Jun 2013 18:17:01 35,712 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Kind of confusing that you picked GTA, of all games, as a counterpoint to Tlou that is allegedly full of cutscenes with frustrating/jack-of-all-trades gameplay. I love them (well, at least IV), but that's pretty much the definition of the GTA games.

Especially as Tlou has several long sequences of non-scripted, emergent gameplay.
  • ElNuevo9 24 Jun 2013 18:28:09 13,480 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Can we not just ban this cunt for being a spastic?

Verbal diarrhea.

Hated, adored, never ignored.

• SFD 24 Jun 2013 18:38:40 506 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    ElNino9 wrote:

Verbal diarrhea.
    This.
  • Bremenacht 24 Jun 2013 18:43:18 18,719 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    SFD wrote:
    ElNino9 wrote:

Verbal diarrhea.
    This.
    If he's banned again, he'll come back and waste everyones time before they realise it's the same giggling spastic. Best keep him as he is, so you know not to bother with him.
  • kentmonkey 24 Jun 2013 18:46:53 20,770 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Like I've said before, just stick him on ignore, please.

He ruins countless threads, but then most of you end up ruining them as well, quoting him, arguing with him, responding to him, etc. etc.

Do what Michael Jackson said.

Put him on ignore, make it a better place, for you and for me and the entire human race.
  • Wolves1877 24 Jun 2013 19:10:32 440 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    ElNino9 wrote:

Verbal diarrhea.
    This.
  • drhcnip 24 Jun 2013 19:54:14 2,534 posts
    Seen 11 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    back to business...

remember me, ps3

some very good ideas, some fiddly execution and some tweaks needed

enjoyed it for what it was but wouldnt play it again...would keep an eye on what the developers produce in future, though

7/10

Edited by drhcnip at 19:55:48 24-06-2013
  • L0cky 24 Jun 2013 20:31:47 1,538 posts
    Seen 15 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Journey 10/10

Not really a comparable 10/10, just for what it is. First game I've played on PS3 and it's likely to have given me my most memorable gaming moment of the year.

Flower 7/10

Enjoyable in a peaceful way. Probably would have been slightly better if played before Journey, not after.
  • CosmicFuzz 25 Jun 2013 10:42:37 24,870 posts
    Seen 30 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Oh ffs, different people like different games shocker. Surely you can appreciate a game for its merits even if you don't personally like it? I hate football games but I recognise they're polished and well made.

Looking for a new video game podcast? Try ours! (And give us a rating on iTunes!) :)

• dancingrob 25 Jun 2013 11:06:54 1,186 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Puzzle Quest Galactrix

A much better variant on the PQ template than the dire Puzzle Quest 2

+ new variation on the match 3 template, albeit one that ups the complexity, and is fairly counter-intuitive until you get used to it.
    + sci-fi space opera type story is pretty well done, if as cliched as you'd expect
    + characters are more fun that you'd expect, given the very brief scenes
    + main game is well paced, and flows naturally with a minimal amount of grinding required

- initial price of 1600MSP was was far too high, it's an 800MSP game through and through
    - multiplayer is dead, and linked to a two achievements, one a hideous grind
    - most of the non-battle minigames are pretty dull,
    - occasionally feels unfair, and is just generally a bit too luck dependent given the increase in complexity
    - enemies all feel a little bit too similar, although this is pretty hard to avoid.
    - virtually no replay value

3*, certainly worth getting in a sale for fans of the series
  • Bawsy74 25 Jun 2013 12:35:07 173 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    007 Legends.

Awful. Cant believe I stuck this to the end. Apart from a zero-g section in the Moonraker chapter, this was very poor stuff indeed. The free Skyfall DLC has to be the worst thing I have ever played.

Glad I can put this away now. Don't make my mistake, and buy it thinking "It cant be that bad, can it?". Because it can.

3/10

Edited by Bawsy74 at 12:35:23 25-06-2013
  • andytheadequate 25 Jun 2013 13:26:36 8,267 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Bawsy74 wrote:
    007 Legends.

Awful. Cant believe I stuck this to the end. Apart from a zero-g section in the Moonraker chapter, this was very poor stuff indeed. The free Skyfall DLC has to be the worst thing I have ever played.

Glad I can put this away now. Don't make my mistake, and buy it thinking "It cant be that bad, can it?". Because it can.

3/10
    The GoldenEye game was pretty dire after the first few decent levels, and this is apparently even worse. It's such a shame that James Bond games are so poor, and usually become tedious, generic shooting games. I think 007 would really suit a Deus Ex/Dishonored style game, although this would require too much money for most publishers...

Although saying that, I did enjoy Quantum of Solace, and the Bizarre one had it's moments.
  • Page

of 417 First / Last