• Page

of 481 First / Last

Next
  • KayJay 19 May 2017 07:39:03 5,346 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    fiery_jackass wrote:
    @twelveways
    Some rather baffling answers to your question on here​, including some basic mistakes about Ohm's Law. Set the wattage where you enjoy the flavour most... and leave it there. Don't worry too much about what other people are setting. Even with the same device preferred wattage will vary based on vaping technique, juice type, personal preference etc.

If you really want a simple overview of variable voltage/wattage you could try something like this:. https://onvaping.com/demystifying-vv-and-vw-settings-variable-voltage-wattage-and-you/

More of a temperature control person myself these days, although it's a bit fiddlier.
    Or what I said! :)

You say Temp Control is a "bit fiddlier", but really you can just use the same principal as you would with Wattage mode.
    Start low and work your way up to a comfortable heat/flavour/cloud balance.
    I think people shy away from temp control because people say it's tricky. It's not really.
    All that's happening is that the Mod directly controls the heat of your coil, allowing your coils & batteries to last a little longer.
    Yeah you can fiddle around with TCR and the wattage primer, but you don't really need to.
    Just find a comfortable heat and let your Mod take care of the rest!

Unless I'm missing some complicated over thought out explanation.!

And Ohms Law, for the most part is only really relevant to those building their own Coils. I think then things go to a different level.
    But if you're buying your pre made Coils, with guide wattages noted, then it's simply about finding the right wattage level in wattage mode and the right heat level in Temp Control mode. Only general rule for both would be to Start Low.

Happy to be corrected. :p
  • fiery_jackass 19 May 2017 08:22:30 1,028 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    KayJay wrote:
    You say Temp Control is a "bit fiddlier", but really you can just use the same principal as you would with Wattage mode.
    Start low and work your way up to a comfortable heat/flavour/cloud balance.
    I think people shy away from temp control because people say it's tricky. It's not really.
    totally agree with you conceptually. I got the DNA40 board when it launched and, in addition to some wretched QA problems, the temperature control was a real pain. Seemed really inconsistent, responded badly to ambient temperature changes etc. Went back to Kanthal after a month or so. Got back into temperature control about 6mths ago and it's definitely got a lot better: improved chipsets, better metals than that ghastly nickel stuff, better understanding of how to build effective TC coils etc. It's all I use now, although I still find that the temperature needs to be adjusted more often than I'd like.

Got a new DNA75 device arriving today, will be keen to see how it performs.
  • KayJay 19 May 2017 08:55:46 5,346 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Yep, I think you are on a different level to me and most of the chaps here.
    Building your own Coils is one thing, but building your own Mod is certainly on a different level.

Be interested to see how that goes. Keep us posted.
  • fiery_jackass 19 May 2017 10:46:16 1,028 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Ha ha oops I may have inadvertently misled you. I build my coils but buy my mods.
  • BinaryBob101 19 May 2017 11:29:43 26,502 posts
    Seen 36 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I'd buy a Fiery_Jackass mod.
  • fiery_jackass 19 May 2017 12:12:49 1,028 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    @BinaryBob101
    Heh it was partly your fault that I bought that dna40 vapor flask. The ludicrously tight battery compartments were what finally killed that for me
  • mAc6 19 May 2017 13:07:44 3,242 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Hiya BoB, what's happening?
  • BinaryBob101 19 May 2017 15:31:56 26,502 posts
    Seen 36 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    fiery_jackass wrote:
    @BinaryBob101
    Heh it was partly your fault that I bought that dna40 vapor flask. The ludicrously tight battery compartments were what finally killed that for me
    Hahaha! It was my third board and then the weak battery warnings that did it for me.

Hey mAc, sexy cape time Friday shenanigans. How's you?

Anybody picked up any TRPR bargains then?
  • jaangus 19 May 2017 20:23:15 5,244 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Hmmm tpd, I now have enough juice to last me about 3 years. Some good bargains still to be had. Im not a massive fan of ukecigstore but illusions and some twelve monkeys are 4.99 - 5.99 for 30ml which isnt bad at all.
  • fiery_jackass 20 May 2017 13:51:30 1,028 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    *edit
    All fixed nothing to see here etc

Edited by fiery_jackass at 08:12:06 21-05-2017
  • pk1980 26 Jun 2017 18:57:23 765 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    Starting a job with vape club next week. Looking forward to it as I know a few people who work there. Will be in the offices dealing with admin stuff. Might go back to gourmet liquids 😁
  • jaangus 26 Jun 2017 19:11:47 5,244 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @pk1980 I hope you get them at cost and not 5.99 for 10ml.

After deciding I pretty much now own every dripper and mech I wanted, Mcv and Vaponaute go and release details of a new mod and squonking rda I want. Bastards!
  • pk1980 26 Jun 2017 19:22:08 765 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    I think that might be a possibility, I ordered a few bits some months ago, as it happened a mate picked up the order. I'm not one to take advantage, all I wanted was a mod so never mentioned anything to him.

I got the mod with a tank, extra set of coils for the tank and the tank I already had and several bottles of liquid :D

As it happens I have been on 0% nicotine last few days so my usual place is still the same price for 100ml of juice at present.
  • mAc6 26 Jun 2017 19:58:23 3,242 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    First rule of cape club is you do not ever fucking talk about cape club allright

Ffs
  • neilka 26 Jun 2017 20:00:25 20,369 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Did someone mention CAPES?!
  • mAc6 26 Jun 2017 20:05:24 3,242 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    AMATURS
  • GuiltySpark 23 Jul 2017 19:08:37 6,736 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Getting a bit fucking sick of my mods dying now.

Kanger battery essentially fell apart.

Sigelei J150 is useless because the charging port dropped out.

Coolfire 4 shorts out on all my tanks.

Smok G150's screen has just died, so I don't even know what fucking wattage it is on.

It's a load of fucking bullshit. Never have I had such a range of products be so utterly shit.
  • pk1980 23 Jul 2017 19:40:41 765 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    That is unlucky.

I have two coolfire IVs and have never had a problem with either.

MVP4 is a solid mod if you are on the look out for a new one. I got one a few months ago really impressed with it, well built, great battery.
  • mad_caddy 18 Sep 2017 18:50:08 3,348 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Hello all trusted peeps.
    Having a mare, switched to vaping, love it. Currently using a smok 22 vape pen, as is the wife. Stopped us smoking, and stopped me smoking EVERYTHING, so it's a double win.

But I'm getting sick of the coils failing and the poor battery life and the leaks and so on and on.

Wife would like something a bit simple. Fill and go, no fuss, no mess, as simple as possible.

And secondly I'm after something that packs a bit more life, don't mind size etc, and want something a bit more technical. And I can have in my pocket all day maybe with a spare battery or two and not be on the hunt for a usb socket everywhere I go.

So what do people recommend. I would suggest budget for myself is around 60 to 80, and wife would be anything up to 40.

Help me EG vapers your our only hope.
  • pk1980 18 Sep 2017 18:58:34 765 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    Penguin seems popular despite the strange shape.
  • KayJay 18 Sep 2017 19:12:21 5,346 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I'd recommend anything Smok for you.
    I've got the Alien 220w Mod and it's cracking with the Baby Beast tank.
    Coils last a good 2 weeks before flavours starts to noticeably degrade.
    And the Coils are just about as consistent a coil as I've used.
    The Mod is dual 18650 and easily lasts the day vaping at around 35-40 watts. And I vape ALOT. :)

Smok have just released the pro colour which looks like a natural replacement for the Alien, I've got my eye on one of those too... :)

https://www.smoktech.com/kit/procolor

Also, to get the most out of it grab a couple of Sony VTC6's.
    Awesomely consistent battery. Get a couple from Fogstar and choose their wrap over the stock factory wrap, those wraps are bulletproof...

https://www.fogstar.co.uk/collections/batteries/products/vtc6-br-3000mah-19a

Not sure about the Mrs!
    Maybe something like this...
    https://www.smoktech.com/kit/osub-80w-baby

Same tank as you'd get, so you would just need to buy the same V8 Coils.

Hope that helps.
  • mad_caddy 18 Sep 2017 19:29:26 3,348 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Nice one, the alien has been on my radar, awesome.

Mrs wants something a bit more pen like for her handbag, something more lady like I guess, doesn't vape anywhere near as much as myself.

Shall go purchase me an alien and some batteries I think :)
  • KayJay 18 Sep 2017 21:32:36 5,346 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Check out Zophie Vapes on YouTube. She reviews lots of things that might be suitable.
  • Psiloc 18 Sep 2017 22:16:29 4,012 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Iíve got an Aspire Pockex as my out-and-about vape. Look into that, itís exactly what youíre after.
  • Psiloc 18 Sep 2017 22:18:32 4,012 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    My SMOK is outstanding but itís a leaker. One of the main reasons I go with the Pockex when Iím actually moving about.
  • mad_caddy 18 Sep 2017 22:27:26 3,348 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Cheers, I think the main thing for the Mrs is the mouth piece on the smok. Sounds odd, but she doesn't get in with it and there's spit back off it sometimes depending on the juice so the vape isn't always smooth.

I'll check out the pockex though, cheers.
  • Page

of 481 First / Last

Next

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.