Overwatch from Blizzard Page 245

• Page

of 247 First / Last

• Jibraeel 9 Oct 2017 14:08:15 193 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Cosmical wrote:
    JiveHound wrote:
    Bollocks. Change was necessary. If a game is devolving into a player hiding in a room and only coming out for the glory res then something's wrong.
    No more wrong than dva being able to use her ult at the end of a match to push the enemy off the point.
    Winston bubble the mech, or Rein shield up counters that. Nothing really counters Mercy popping out from nowhere. Except maybe someone killing her with catlike reflexes.
  • JiveHound 9 Oct 2017 14:11:36 8,746 posts
    Seen 29 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Agreed, they're not really comparable at all.
  • Cosmical 9 Oct 2017 14:11:46 107 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 3 weeks ago
    i hope the halloween loot is actually more freely available this time
  • Supra_Hans 9 Oct 2017 14:51:29 91 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I managed to time it (hopefully) perfectly, as I am level (1)99, one game away from leveling, and waiting for the halloween event to start before I play again. I reckon I should be able to farm a good few halloween crates. Also have (about) 7.5k coins stashed up. The only thing that can screw me over is forgetting to buy the skins before the event ends - did that with the Junkrat cricket skin in the summer games.

Hopefully grab the Mercy witch skin, the Pharrah purple zombie one from last year, Cthulu Zen and possibly Ifrit Symmetra. Should put me about 7250, and hopefully I get some of the stuff I want from random drops anyhow (although summer games were not kind to me).
  • devil_badger 9 Oct 2017 15:25:42 786 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    JiveHound wrote:
    So, I'm gonna probably play some of this tonight if you xbox gays wanna give me a reacharound? Might dip into the Halo Monday for a bit before.
    If you see me on chuck us an invite. It's been too long!
  • JiveHound 9 Oct 2017 15:57:47 8,746 posts
    Seen 29 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Will do bud
  • heavy_salad 9 Oct 2017 16:14:06 1,115 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Supra_Hans wrote:
    I managed to time it (hopefully) perfectly, as I am level (1)99, one game away from leveling, and waiting for the halloween event to start before I play again. I reckon I should be able to farm a good few halloween crates.
    You don't level up any faster at early levels post-prestiging anymore you know. They changed it so all levels takes the same amount of XP.
  • Supra_Hans 9 Oct 2017 16:35:11 91 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    aw man. That sucks! I thought I'd been really clever and was feeling all smug. I think the first time I prestiged you still needed less xp for the lower levels. Still I guess with the rework of the arcade reward structure, you get more boxes anyway. I've yet to buy any at all, and to be honest, there are a few heroes (Soldier 76, Roadhog and Zarya) where I've gone back to using the default skins because I think they look the best.
  • Huggybear 9 Oct 2017 17:08:07 1,374 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    They also reduced the amount of XP you need to level up, so overall you get the same amount of boxes or more. Just removed an incentive that was probably unhealthy for the game.
  • JYM60 9 Oct 2017 20:13:47 17,446 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Jibraeel wrote:
    Cosmical wrote:
    JiveHound wrote:
    Bollocks. Change was necessary. If a game is devolving into a player hiding in a room and only coming out for the glory res then something's wrong.
    No more wrong than dva being able to use her ult at the end of a match to push the enemy off the point.
    Winston bubble the mech, or Rein shield up counters that. Nothing really counters Mercy popping out from nowhere. Except maybe someone killing her with catlike reflexes.
    I didn't mind the giant rez ability. It was only once they made her invulnerable to damage when using it that it was stupid. Every character is vulnerable when using an ult, why was mercy changed to he different. True diving in for a full team rez is often gonna end up with her dying, but that is the tradeoff of going for a full team rez.
    More fair because even though the whole team was brought back, they might lose their mercy as main healer.

This constant game of people being brought back to life is tragic. The other supports might as well quit overwatch and go join battleborn.
  • JiveHound 9 Oct 2017 20:48:32 8,746 posts
    Seen 29 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Just having a few games on the Halolz and I'll be on
  • Ror 10 Oct 2017 19:36:02 16,223 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I kinda want those Ana pirate and Zarya hair metal skins.
  • Dombat 10 Oct 2017 20:38:48 1,134 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I like the Ana, Reaper and McCree skins. Not so fussed about the others
  • docrob 11 Oct 2017 11:21:57 784 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I have enough coinage for last yearís Soldier and Mercy skins. Will see what else comes up.
  • Devilligan 11 Oct 2017 11:29:05 416 posts
    Seen 43 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I really, really want the Zen and Symmetra skins - they're possibly my favourite new skins since the game was released.

However, I opened my first Halloween loot box last night, and got a non-Halloween Junkrat legendary, so I doubt that I'll get any more legendaries for the rest of the event.
  • JiveHound 11 Oct 2017 11:30:54 8,746 posts
    Seen 29 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I bought Zen's at a princely 3000cr. Now I am poor. :(
  • docrob 11 Oct 2017 11:31:15 784 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Devilligan wrote:
    I really, really want the Zen and Symmetra skins - they're possibly my favourite new skins since the game was released.

However, I opened my first Halloween loot box last night, and got a non-Halloween Junkrat legendary, so I doubt that I'll get any more legendaries for the rest of the event.

There needs to be a word for the frustration you feel when you get a legendary skin during an event and it isnít one of the event skins.
  • Ror 11 Oct 2017 12:14:19 16,223 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I'll definitely be buying Witch Mercy by the end of the event if it doesn't drop for me. Really want Zenthulhu as well, but I only have about 2,600 fun bucks at the moment :(

I used to play Ana a lot a while back and got pretty good with her. Have barely used her in months though and now I'm shit. So I'm glad Junkenstein is back, because that's what I used as aim training for her last year :D

I said this last year; I know Junkenstein is heavily-themed, but I really wish they'd leave it in. It's a nice little palate cleanser.
  • Cosmical 11 Oct 2017 13:30:20 107 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 3 weeks ago
    Post deleted
  • Cosmical 11 Oct 2017 13:30:20 107 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 3 weeks ago
    the lootbox system is still shit, so i look forward to never earning any of the skins for a £55 game i've played solidly for a year.

Thanks Jeff!

And the ps4 community is still an utter fucking joke.

Edited by Cosmical at 13:30:40 11-10-2017

Edited by Cosmical at 13:30:50 11-10-2017
  • Dombat 11 Oct 2017 13:33:15 1,134 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Yeah, the Junkenstein event is going to be used primarily for my Ana fix over the next few weeks.

I'll buy the witch skin at the end it I need to but past events suggest I won't get enough playtime to build the credits for a new legendary. :(
  • Cosmical 11 Oct 2017 14:16:11 107 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 3 weeks ago
    Jibraeel wrote:
    Cosmical wrote:
    JiveHound wrote:
    I don't disagree something was necessary but my experience of the game is that there are more pressing issues - like peole picking healers at all!
  • Supra_Hans 11 Oct 2017 14:17:02 91 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I bought the Cthuluyatta skin and the Mercy witch costume. Haven't had one of the new skins drop in the first 5 crates I've earned - although I did get the Hanzo one from last year. I like the Zarya 80s and Symmetra dragon skins, although I have the Sym Oasis skin, which fits her better for me.

Played the endless mode, and our Tobjorn planted his turret and once we'd got to two stars just used the sit emote and didn't participate at all. Dickhead earned themselves a report.
  • JiveHound 11 Oct 2017 14:57:56 8,746 posts
    Seen 29 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Cosmical wrote:
    Jibraeel wrote:
    Cosmical wrote:
    JiveHound wrote:
    I don't disagree something was necessary but my experience of the game is that there are more pressing issues - like peole picking healers at all!
    I personally feel that they could either drastically reduce the invincibility frames for Mercy now or take invincibility out all together. Basically she can't be killed every 30 seconds now.
  • Supra_Hans 11 Oct 2017 15:06:49 91 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Or she retains the invincibility, but it takes her down to half health - making it high risk/reward.

I was thinking about it relative to one of the heroes in Dota (Pugna), it would be cool to have a tank type character with pretty high health regen who can transfer their health to another player. Making it a risky balance of how much healing you do versus how much you can tank.
  • -HairyArse 11 Oct 2017 16:13:51 978 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    JiveHound wrote:
    Dude, you should have waited until the last minute. You might have got it in a loot box over the next 3 weeks.

/hawkins
  • shamblemonkee 11 Oct 2017 16:16:32 17,469 posts
    Seen 26 seconds ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    @Supra_Hans Yeah had been talking similar with guys at work who play. That or some other form of Tanky support, maybe All in melee like Leona from LoL where a % of damage dealt transfers to those around you or similar.

Anything where the playstyle is active and the char not squishy

I'd argue that Mercy is more broken now than she was before. just revert the invincibility.

Edited by shamblemonkee at 16:17:15 11-10-2017
  • Supra_Hans 11 Oct 2017 16:39:56 91 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    -HairyArse wrote:
    JiveHound wrote:
    Dude, you should have waited until the last minute. You might have got it in a loot box over the next 3 weeks.

/hawkins
    I planned on doing that with the summer games and the Junkrat skin, but the event ended sort of without warning and I missed the chance. Thought I'd play it safe this time around and just grab the one I want at the start!
  • JiveHound 11 Oct 2017 16:48:16 8,746 posts
    Seen 29 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Supra_Hans wrote:
    Or she retains the invincibility, but it takes her down to half health - making it high risk/reward.

I was thinking about it relative to one of the heroes in Dota (Pugna), it would be cool to have a tank type character with pretty high health regen who can transfer their health to another player. Making it a risky balance of how much healing you do versus how much you can tank.
    That would mean she takes the risk for someone's reward. Couldn't see that working myself.
  • Supra_Hans 11 Oct 2017 17:15:13 91 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @JiveHound Probably, I'm just thinking aloud really. It would make res a more situational skill, and she has pretty good regen, so she would be full wpretty quickly if she survived. You could even boost her regen immediately after, and it would mean that if you want to res multiple people during a valkyrie flight, you are making a trade-off between being able to be in the open and do damage/team heal and taking the risk that you get taken down.
  • Page

of 247 First / Last

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.