Overwatch from Blizzard Page 240

• Page

of 249 First / Last

• JiveHound 3 Aug 2017 17:59:30 8,953 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Rumours abound of a 50% decrease in damage taken whilst 'taking a breather' and you may be able to move around too.

His days as ultimate position punisher is over though and I suspect they see Doomfist as picking up the flak here.

This would all be fine if it wasn't abundantly clear from Hog' s weapon design and function that this is not how he was conceived as. A slow firing blunderbuss weapon with a skill shot secondary should absolutely do more damage than it does.

They've broken him plain and simple.
  • JiveHound 3 Aug 2017 18:00:06 8,953 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    As for Winston, that's one character I would like to get better with but I can't work him out.
  • Dombat 3 Aug 2017 18:07:55 1,165 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    JiveHound wrote:
    Rumours abound of a 50% decrease in damage taken whilst 'taking a breather' and you may be able to move around too.

His days as ultimate position punisher is over though and I suspect they see Doomfist as picking up the flak here.

This would all be fine if it wasn't abundantly clear from Hog' s weapon design and function that this is not how he was conceived as. A slow firing blunderbuss weapon with a skill shot secondary should absolutely do more damage than it does.

They've broken him plain and simple.
    I agree, he needs the spike damage potency to offset his lack of shielding/utility and the ult battery issue. Right now he's just not worth picking over any other tank with more synergy or a hero with more DPS.
  • JiveHound 3 Aug 2017 18:14:28 8,953 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I just don't get it. I know I'm a bit biased but I never once felt like it was unfair when I got killed by a hook, they just don't want him as a carry when in my experience you need a character to rely on when your whole team are a bunch of instalocking chin dribblers.
  • JiveHound 3 Aug 2017 20:20:41 8,953 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Where you all at then?!
  • Mekanik 3 Aug 2017 21:40:12 4,666 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    JiveHound wrote:
    As for Winston, that's one character I would like to get better with but I can't work him out.
    The biggest problem with playing Winston well, is having good healers to keep you alive.

He needs a healer more than most tanks as he is by definition and abilities used for diving the opposing team. Specifically healers and squishies. This always involved jumping to their backline. Zen and Ana are the 2 best ones for this, and its rare to find 2 good ones in a match to allow for a good winston session.

Short tips:

Only dive when you have your shield ready to drop the instant you land.
    Diving points (koth specifically) at the start of a round and dropping a shield will allow your team to push the point asap. Just tell them you are doing it so they can be ready to push as well.
    Diving healers/tracer/widow/200HP hero's is normally fine.
    NEVER dive a reaper since his buff. Mcree can also be a tricky one to dive if he is good.
    Jump our the instant your jetpack is off cd, regardless of health.
    If you get nano boost, stick with your electric fizzle gun. Never ult as its wasted.
    Jump pack cd gets reset when you ult, so use it before you ult to get maximum damage.
    Landing on opposing hero's with your jump does a decent amount of damage, and will make killing squishies quite a bit easier (this is the bit im still working on).
  • Ror 9 Aug 2017 00:15:36 16,624 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    "In queue: 6000 players ahead of you"

Da fuq.
  • Ror 9 Aug 2017 01:13:27 16,624 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    What is going on with this game? Apparently it's now the done thing to not have a tank at all and lose miserably.

God, I hate people.
  • Tuffty 9 Aug 2017 07:27:31 4,025 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I know what you mean. Think it's because there are so many DPS characters now and frankly a lot of them are more fun to play as. People want to get those highlights with their Deadeye killing the whole enemy team rather than play as the character best equipped to stay on the objective.

Now I have won on some teams with no healers and no tanks but they are by far the exception rather than the norm. I just try to play as a tank or healer and increase my skill with them. But it is grating that I have to do it a lot lately just to give our team any chance.
  • xero521 9 Aug 2017 08:47:46 449 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @Ror

That's why I stopped playing. A lot of people are playing it like a fps at the moment and it's frustrating as hell trying to get out of gold,I don't understand the people who come on comp and just pick dps characters when you need healers and tanks.
  • Reacher 9 Aug 2017 10:26:15 2,580 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @xero521 Same here. I load up to have a game of it. I get dropped in to an ongoing game of 4/6 with no healers. Play as healer, watch as people run off on their own to try and solo every body. Log out.
  • shamblemonkee 9 Aug 2017 10:34:03 17,663 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Quick Play that's sorta understandable
  • y2rich 9 Aug 2017 11:11:59 3,130 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Played 10 or so quick play games last night and seemed to end up in decent teams on all but one game. Even had a couple of absolute nail bitingly close games as well. Best night I've had on it in months
  • Supra_Hans 9 Aug 2017 12:29:25 93 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    There is just that classic moment where everyone has picked dps, and it's you and one other person yet to pick; and you're trying to psychically tell them: "pick a tank, and I will support, or pick a healer and I can tank - I'd like to have a shot at winning please..."

Then they pick Hanzo
  • Ror 9 Aug 2017 13:02:52 16,624 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Glad (well, not really, but you know) that it's not just me experiencing that. Almost all of the games I played last night had 4 dps and 1 defense (Hanzo or Widow, of course). I'd get dropped in and pick a healer and just know it's going to be shit.

It is of course possible to win a game like that, but it's the exception rather than the rule, as Tuffty said above. I had a game on Eichenwald yesterday that was 4 dps, 1 defense and me as Mercy and we pretty much walked it all the way to the castle. Of course, we went no further and no one thought to switch things up and pick a tank to get us through the choke. Not talking myself up at all (I never do that :D ), but I was having a really good game as Mercy up to that point and if I'd switched from healer to tank it would have become even more miserable. If one of those four dps had switched to a tank, we might well have won.

I'm playing in Quick Play, because fuck solo queuing in Comp, but last time I played it was nowhere near this bad. People generally seemed to at least attempt a balanced team and look out for the healer. Now it feels like first week after launch again, it's absolutely insane.

I guess at least I can always fall back on Aggressive Lucio though.

• Supra_Hans 9 Aug 2017 14:23:07 93 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Yeah, when you're solo supporting, you're kinda stuffed in terms of whether you can switch or not. Although it is really aggravating when you pick a second support - to go for the overpowered dual heals strategy, and the guy who was playing the original support sees another support in the game and immediately switches to Reaper.

Triple gold Lucio for the win then!
  • dankcushions 9 Aug 2017 14:35:11 327 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    sometimes i don't mind there being no healers...

can't figure out doomfist at all. all the times i try him i panic-use all of my powers straight away and am left staring at a wall waiting for death.
  • Reacher 9 Aug 2017 17:49:26 2,580 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @shamblemonkee It's rarely any different on Comp. I used to play in a team but I got fed up of the game long ago.

It's annoying because I really enjoy the game itself, I just can't stand the people who play it.
  • Ror 9 Aug 2017 18:36:34 16,624 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    So has anyone got anything good yet? I got a 'new' Mercy skin, which is basically a recolour, but eh, new is new!
  • Dombat 9 Aug 2017 21:25:42 1,165 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I'm in a thick of a busy job interview schedule so I haven't had the chance to play yet.

Although I have opened the free loot box. Nothing. As per every single new event lootbox in the game's history that I've opened (which includes two accounts since Christmas). Same post again at Halloween.
  • blackbeard777 10 Aug 2017 20:07:48 18 posts
    Seen 4 months ago
    Registered 4 months ago
    Let me get that McCree summer games skin!
  • Supra_Hans 11 Aug 2017 08:54:20 93 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I got the American McCree skin from opening 5 summer games boxes so far. None of the new legendaries, although I do like the Junkrat cricket skin and the Mercy 'winged victory' one. Reaper's one is also quite cool, not too fussed about the others. I've got almost 5k tokens saved up, so should be able to pick up one or two of them before the event is over.
  • y2rich 11 Aug 2017 12:48:09 3,130 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Got nothing out of about 8 boxes so far (other than a few of the end game poses of them holding up medals). Only ones I'd like to get are the Junkrat cricket one and Dad BBQ Soldier
  • Devilligan 11 Aug 2017 13:30:04 450 posts
    Seen 32 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I'm in the same boat. Opened 8-10 summer games boxes so far and got mostly junk. Feels like event legendaries have been made much harder to win since Uprising, and to make matters worse the new algorithm which ensures fewer doubles means I'm earning less gold to put towards buying bits and pieces that I want.

At least Lucio Ball is a fun little diversion. The ball physics are a little mental sometimes but other than that it's a very satisfying alternate mode. I'd be quite happy if they left it playable all year round.
  • Supra_Hans 11 Aug 2017 14:37:48 93 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago

This is a bit...weird.

I don't quite get who is going to enjoy playing this? Except for all the Hanzo and Reaper lone wolves.

Edited by Supra_Hans at 14:38:58 11-08-2017
  • Supra_Hans 11 Aug 2017 14:40:15 93 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Also, just a thought - maybe why this is why they nerfed Roadhog? he would have been insanely strong in an 8-person free-for-all.

If so, it would be pretty irritating...
  • Ror 11 Aug 2017 14:44:06 16,624 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Yeah, I was saying that to some others on Discord last night, Hog would have been ridiculous in DM.

I need to play some games tonight, I want to get that BBQ 76 skin.
  • y2rich 11 Aug 2017 14:45:27 3,130 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Ah they've nerfed hog so they could give part of his role to another character.
  • figgis 11 Aug 2017 17:02:05 7,676 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    At least some of the DPS fuckwits will leave the objective games.
  • figgis 11 Aug 2017 17:02:07 7,676 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    At least some of the DPS fuckwits will leave the objective games.
  • Page

of 249 First / Last

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.