Overwatch from Blizzard Page 239

• Page

of 241 First / Last

• Huggybear 8 Jul 2017 13:53:10 1,351 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    A lot of it is many players not understanding how punishing dying is to the team. They run off to 1 vs. 6, die for free and think the only cost is the time they personally lose running back, and meanwhile the entire team gets wiped because they were outnumbered at the objective and the entire game is lost.

People who are not actually interested in competing as a team should not be playing Competitive, but there's nothing you can do about that, just hope for a lucky roll when the game starts.
  • Dombat 8 Jul 2017 14:14:51 1,109 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Had a long session last night on Xbox (mostly with a mate) and it was possibly my worst ever. On a comp/QP losing run now. The best way I can prevent losses is just playing Mercy all the time because everyone wants to fucking DPS, but at lower ranks most of them are totally incapable.

I don't understand how so people with multiple stars on their portrait have so little gamesense.

Also want to point out that 3-stack groups that all pick DPS can fuck off.

Rant over, for now.
  • Mekanik 8 Jul 2017 23:09:24 4,603 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Cunts throwing on purpose. Thats what annoys me most.

And DPS that dont know how to dps. That ranks a close second.

Getting sick of this game despite how fun it is.
  • Skirlasvoud 9 Jul 2017 13:24:25 2,413 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I'm taking a break from ninja-headshot-archer simulator 2017.

Blizzard keeps putting me into groups that I just can't deal with. I want a nice, colorful shooter that I can unwind with. It's clear Blizzard wants to turn it into a high-skill competitive e-sports game.

I've got DOOM and Wolfenstein on my backlog. Time to finish those.

Edited by Skirlasvoud at 13:25:23 09-07-2017
  • H1ggyLTD 9 Jul 2017 13:26:13 7,015 posts
    Seen 11 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Skirlasvoud wrote:
    I want a nice, colorful shooter that I can unwind with.
    Have you tried Battleborn?

Seriously.
  • pelican_ 11 Jul 2017 18:04:33 88 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 5 months ago
    H1ggyLTD wrote:
    Skirlasvoud wrote:
    I want a nice, colorful shooter that I can unwind with.
    Have you tried Battleborn?

Seriously.
    Population probably a problem. BB was under appreciated by the masses imo.
  • gamecat 11 Jul 2017 18:41:59 624 posts
    Seen 45 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Paladins is OK if you want an undemanding shooter, it's a bit vague though if you're used to OW's precise shooty type stuff (Paladins hit boxes are all massive squares not related to the model that well, the sound design is garbage, the weapons/ultimates don't 'feel' that good to use, etc etc). It's free though so, yea.
  • Tuffty 11 Jul 2017 22:12:48 3,895 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I've seen a lot of these kinds of complaints, especially recently. I'm right there with the rest of you, to see someone pick Genji on Defense, or Hanzo, Widowmaker and Ana as solo heal in the same team drives me up the wall. I mean, there are times when I've won matches with no healers but they're few in between. A lot of people play OW like getting kills is what will help carry the team when it's really not, it's a FPS focused on teamwork, you must play as a team or you'll get steamrolled by people who do.

My biggest grievance is people who don't see the value in grouping up, rushing to do their own thing looking for their play of the game (looking at you Widowmaker who tries to get the mid air headshot). All depends on luck of the draw if you're solo queing, which has been the case since Day 1 but at this point, you would like to think people know the basics. Still having fun with it, the characters and gameplay is too strong to make me turn away from it anytime soon.

Having said that, I do think people care too much about their Competitive ranking which is where a lot of frustration with the game comes from. If they could maybe offer an alternate avenue for people to get golden weapons, like 3000CP or something like 10000 credits, it might make people less frustrated?

Edited by Tuffty at 22:37:36 11-07-2017
  • Duffking 11 Jul 2017 22:44:46 14,448 posts
    Seen 7 seconds ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    @Skirlasvoud buy a switch and splatoon 2 ;)
  • CastletonSnob 12 Jul 2017 00:25:12 35 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Is the Overwatch community really that bad?
  • wildbillch 12 Jul 2017 06:53:39 47 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    I don't find it as bad as everyone is making out. You get a few twats, and yes someone ALWAYS picks Hanzo, but I generally find that if you go in with a positive attitude, say hi to your team, be gracious in victory / defeat etc. then you'll have a positive experience. When you come across a toxic player it's best to just laugh at them and not let them ruin the game for you.
  • Doomspoon 15 Jul 2017 11:47:52 2,825 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I got an xp penalty for quitting lastnight. I was in quick play as Lucio and got fed up with people spamming "I need healing" ad infinitum in the setup on attack. Before we've left the bloody room. Mainly Genji players. Every bloody game. I don't want to play with these pricks but I want to play the game still.

Here's something I posted in a private group on Facebook earlier in the week, it's got worse. Must be some connection with school holidays approaching I'm sure:

"Help needed. Some time this morning I seem to have inadvertently installed the "make all team mates cunts" mod for Overwatch on PS4. This is surprising as I didn't know Overwatch supported mods, let alone on the PS4 and also because I didn't ask for this feature. How the fuck do I get rid of it as I want to carry on playing the game sans cunts?"
  • xero521 21 Jul 2017 11:12:15 441 posts
    Seen 52 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Unless your in diamond or high platinum there is seriously no point playing this game anymore. It's the most infuriating game I've played not because of the game itself but the player base!
  • JiveHound 3 Aug 2017 10:49:13 8,217 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    http://kotaku.com/overwatch-players-are-mourning-roadhog-1797482220

Not just me it seems. I think they've completely broken him and the proof is in left trigger. Left trigger as an optimum range where it explodes, you have to get it right on the money. Now it does naff all damage making it outright redundant.

Relying on the team to kill from a hook in a game where by most cases you can't rely in a team has just turned one of my mains into a joke.

First they reduced his hook range, then increased the cooldowns, now this. They may as well just delete him from the game.
  • Dombat 3 Aug 2017 11:52:56 1,109 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Is anyone still regularly playing this? I've noticed a decline from the usual Xbox crew and the thread has gotten quiet.

My playtime has dropped right off but that's primarily because I've been busy job hunting and dipping into other games. Although I have some gripes with the game, they are longstanding issues and I still love the game.
  • shamblemonkee 3 Aug 2017 12:11:05 17,318 posts
    Seen 47 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Monday: I'm never playing again
    Tuesday: This is the worst game evar!!11
    Wednesday: play something else
    Thursday: I have an urge to play again
    Friday: This is the best game evar!!11
    Saturday: This is the worst game evar!!11
  • JiveHound 3 Aug 2017 12:12:52 8,217 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    shamblemonkee wrote:
    Monday: I'm never playing again
    Tuesday: This is the worst game evar!!11
    Wednesday: play something else
    Friday: This is the best game evar!!11
    Saturday: This is the worst game evar!!11
    Pretty much this 100%. I'm feeling the Thursday urge.
  • Dombat 3 Aug 2017 12:17:49 1,109 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    That's a very familiar cycle. :D
  • JiveHound 3 Aug 2017 12:21:12 8,217 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    But in answer to your question. I still play but we haven't played together much recently because my shift patterns recently have been unsocial.

I'm off this week due to a dodgy curry so we've played more but we've had a torrid time whereby we're matched with teams with no hint of trying to form a cohesive comp.

What with that and my main man being nuked it's been a joyless, salt fuelled time of late.
  • shamblemonkee 3 Aug 2017 12:26:53 17,318 posts
    Seen 47 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    @JiveHound Zenyatta main pls
  • JiveHound 3 Aug 2017 12:28:59 8,217 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    shamblemonkee wrote:
    @JiveHound Zenyatta main pls
    Yeah, I guess I should go back to good ol' Zen. Then we at least have a healer.

You're doing it wrong though, you need to keep flashing the icon at me.

Edited by JiveHound at 12:29:39 03-08-2017
  • JiveHound 3 Aug 2017 12:29:51 8,217 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Reported
  • JiveHound 3 Aug 2017 12:30:15 8,217 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    So, tonight then?
  • Dombat 3 Aug 2017 12:30:55 1,109 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    People seem to have given up healing in low ranks on Xbox. My stats make me look like a Mercy main.
  • JiveHound 3 Aug 2017 12:32:05 8,217 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I try Mercy but I usually end up in games whereby no one wants to anchor for me. Everyone disappears.

I sometimes have success with Ana if we're deathballing.
  • JiveHound 3 Aug 2017 12:32:21 8,217 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I just miss Hog.

So.

Much.
  • Dombat 3 Aug 2017 12:34:45 1,109 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @JiveHound I'm up for joining in if you're on tonight (around 8ish).
  • JiveHound 3 Aug 2017 12:46:44 8,217 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    It's a date then matey.
  • shamblemonkee 3 Aug 2017 13:16:37 17,318 posts
    Seen 47 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    You know me, usually around and i can't resist. also;

• Mekanik 3 Aug 2017 17:50:11 4,603 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    JiveHound wrote:
    I just miss Hog.

So.

Much.
    Completely agree.

Rumours are he is getting a complete rework sometime soon.

He sure needs it. Hog and Soldier were my 2 mains, and both had around 40 hours (I think) at the start of this season. Soldier has now doubled his playtime compared to my Hog.

On the bright side, ive discovered im a pretty decent Winston.
  • Page

of 241 First / Last

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.