• MikeP 5 May 2016 14:48:04 2,816 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    PC Master Race option it is then :D

And the missus is out tonight \0/
  • mrfantastico 5 May 2016 15:11:54 134 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Anyone downloaded this (PS4), done the tutorial, and then just had it stuck on game installing? (about half an hour now)

Not sure if I should close it and open it up again..
  • TAJB 5 May 2016 15:33:26 1,218 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @mrfantastico Mine did that this morning so I went into the training module and played with the characters for a wee bit, left it on the menu for a while and when I came back it was ready. Played for a good 30-40 minutes too
  • Sharz 5 May 2016 17:36:32 1,700 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Initial impression is pretty bland, sure its sound but why play this instead of TF2? That veteran basically does everything but free to play, contains oodles of 'stuff' and mechanically is basically the same.

I'm all for Blizzard polishing genres but TF2 is basically perfect at what it does , isn't it? I was poised to buy and was looking for deals last night but i think i might hold off now.
  • magicpanda 5 May 2016 17:45:42 14,626 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I've done 500+ hours of TF2 over 9 years, it's different enough for me :D
  • JiveHound 5 May 2016 17:47:21 8,950 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    What's going on?! I think I like it.
  • JiveHound 5 May 2016 18:43:14 8,950 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    A few more games and I must say I am very much enjoying it despite it being a bit chaotic due to noone knowing what the hell they're doing.

Definite purchase.
  • Baddamobs 5 May 2016 19:09:08 136 posts
    Seen 7 months ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @Sharz
    That may be, but TF2's booty game is considerably weaker when you realize Overwatch has both Tracer AND Widowmaker in a single game. Now that's game changer.
  • Derblington 5 May 2016 19:36:09 29,638 posts
    Seen 20 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I like widowmaker quite a lot.

I'm not sure the uniquely hero design is for me though, it annoys me that if I want a gun with range I have to have a crappy movement speed, etc, as a trade off. There are only about 4 characters that I feel suit me.

The action feels too chaotic and luck based. I like having the same tools as everyone else and out playing them, rather than being suited to one engagement. It's not quite that black and white but you get the drift.
  • MikeP 5 May 2016 19:45:22 2,816 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Liking it quite a lot, although that hoverjet/rocket launcher character can do one.

Playing as a healer is decent, provided the team doesn't Leeroy all over the place. And Bastion is fun if you can tuck it in a relatively well protected area.

I think as people work out their preferred character styles and start teaming up it could be really good.

Although Tracer has the worst voice acting I think I've heard. Her 'London' accent is so bad even Dick Van Dyke would be appalled.
  • ToonMonkey 5 May 2016 19:49:08 488 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Hurry up and install.. Massive excitement slightly tempered by a dull wait.
  • DrStrangelove 5 May 2016 20:10:47 11,191 posts
    Seen 14 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    MikeP wrote:

Although Tracer has the worst voice acting I think I've heard. Her 'London' accent is so bad even Dick Van Dyke would be appalled.
    Not that surprising though, is it? I mean, it's a Blizzard tradition that characters talk senseless drivel all the time, and more often than not with silly voice acting that'd be too cartoonish for actual cartoons.
  • munki83 5 May 2016 20:18:42 1,844 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Played it earlier for a few games and loved it
  • You-can-call-me-kal 5 May 2016 20:19:14 9,889 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I don't think this is for me. Can't get my head round it.
  • Derblington 5 May 2016 21:31:13 29,638 posts
    Seen 20 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    DrStrangelove wrote:
    MikeP wrote:

Not that surprising though, is it? I mean, it's a Blizzard tradition that characters talk senseless drivel all the time, and more often than not with silly voice acting that'd be too cartoonish for actual cartoons.
    Yeah, well, she's from Yorkshire.

http://www.behindthevoiceactors.com/Cara-Theobold/
  • MikeP 5 May 2016 22:16:02 2,816 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    @Derblington Somehow that makes it worse.
  • LittleSparra 5 May 2016 22:25:29 7,006 posts
    Seen 24 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Find Widowmaker really uninteresting,

Tracer is way more intriguing. Very simple, but horribly high skill ceiling.

Enjoy it, but not enough for day one. Pick up on the cheap though, very happily.
  • H1ggyLTD 5 May 2016 23:34:42 7,733 posts
    Seen 16 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    It's pretty great huh.
  • munki83 5 May 2016 23:37:55 1,844 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Played for a good 3/4 hours tonight. Absolutely love it. So far I'm pretty good with bastion and soldier 76
  • Deleted user 6 May 2016 00:01:37
    It is getting to a point now where my low skill level is getting me wrecked. Hope we have some eg'ers on here who will be playing on Xbox one as some social games will be a lot more interesting
  • JiveHound 6 May 2016 06:02:08 8,950 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    really like Merci's twist on the health beam gun. Swapping between health and damage boost is a really nice mechanic ensuring you're more engaged than just holding a button and following a Tank around.

Her move set in general is just really well thought out.

The game is really slick and satisfying to control, I'm really looking forward to trying out more characters.
  • Pazie 6 May 2016 08:10:10 1,152 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Ive pre-ordered mine from Simplygames. I'm just going by what I've read on here and because I love FPS games. Can't wait to play it.
  • ModoX 6 May 2016 08:12:46 2,898 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I'm loving it so far. I'm shit at it and randoms really have no idea how to play the objective, plus it's all so overwhelming being fairly chaotic anyway combined with not knowing the characters.

Definitely be buying it though, put simply it's just a load of fun.

Fave characters so far are Soldier 76, Bastion, and especially D.Va.
  • StrayBezza 6 May 2016 08:20:17 982 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    It is great fun. Using Soldier 76 to good effect.

Had no interest in this at all until I decided to try the beta.

I love the look of it and the fact it always gives you something to feel good about (a bit like Titanfall) even if you have had a shocker!

100% day one.
  • Rusty_M 6 May 2016 08:31:56 6,700 posts
    Seen 51 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Funnily enough, having tried both this and Battleborn lately, i'd really like Battleborn's gameplay with these heroes. I found the characters easier to handle in this, but longed slightly for bigger levels with more spread out objectives.

Really love playing as Reaper and flanking the enemy or as the guy who does yoga-heal and yoga-damagebuff
  • munki83 6 May 2016 08:56:20 1,844 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I love that its a competitive fps where I don't need to worry about being a bullet magnet and having random people calling me crap.
  • TPReview 6 May 2016 09:40:15 1,209 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I wish more of them had an escape ability, it seems like only Winston, Pharah and maybe Widowmaker have a good option to get away, even REaper's teleport is bad for escape because you end up standing still for a second or two first. Hanzo's would be fine if there were more rooftops to get to, but you hit invisible walls quite a lot.

Feels like 'poking' is basically impossible with most, you either have to attack from long range and chip away at them, or work out when you can storm in and kill them before they kill you. Attacking to kill one then escape is rarely an option.
  • magicpanda 6 May 2016 09:49:02 14,626 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Reaper has his 'sprint' you are invulnerable during it. His Teleport is an offensive thing to get behind the team
  • MikeP 6 May 2016 10:00:48 2,816 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    magicpanda wrote:
    Reaper has his 'sprint' you are invulnerable during it. His Teleport is an offensive thing to get behind the team
    I was liking our sophisticated team tactics last night. "Push the thing!"
  • M83J01P97 6 May 2016 10:04:15 7,530 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    They have basically taken a lot of design ideas from their work on Heroes of the Storm and transplanted those into an FPS team based game, which means some ideas work while others don't.

I think the best way to approach Overwatch is to find a small number of heros you 'click' with that react to different situations and then learn how they play against other heros. So that eventually you have a selection of heros you are comfortable playing with and have the muscle memory to use them well in different team compositions.

Basically how your meant to learn most MOBA's then. When this isn't a MOBA.
  • Page

of 249 First / Last

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.