What Are You Currently Playing? (V 3.0; The Re-Postening) Page 3

• Page

of 51 First / Last

• Armoured_Bear 4 Dec 2014 22:31:42 19,810 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    FuzzyDuck wrote:
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    I just finished Bayonetta on Wii U and went straight onto Bayonetta 2 which seems much prettier and slicker.
    Christ on a bike, sounds like I need a Wii U in my life.
    Of course you do.
  • iamslick 6 Dec 2014 10:27:53 408 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    So I'm refusing to go next gen (or is it current gen now?) until I have played every decent game on the PS3. The bucket list is quite frankly embarrassingly large, it even includes PS2 games that I missed first time round but have since been re-released via the HD collections.

Right now, I'm playing Saints Row: The Third. I thought I was making some progress, I only really have one more island to control and then I own the whole of Steelport. However, a quick look at my trophies shows that I haven't even finished Act 1 yet! Clearly I've been too distracted by all the side missions and customization you can do that I have neglected the main campaign all together.

In all honesty, none of the Saints Row games were on my bucket list and the only reason I'm playing this one was because it was made available on the PS+.It has been for more fun than I anticipated and I'm really enjoying it but with work and family, I'm only managing a few hours a week. I mean I downloaded it on the 17th October and have only got 12 hours of game time on my stats, I haven't played any other game :S

What happened to the good old days of playing 10 hours a day!? ;)
  • superbob85 6 Dec 2014 10:52:07 7,256 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Just finished walking dead episode 1 series 2 on 360. Probably start the 1st episode of wolf among us this afternoon. Loving the telltale games series need to give game of thrones a go at some point.
  • wuntyphyve 6 Dec 2014 14:38:59 8,680 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Killzone 2 (ps3) - playing on hard and getting my arse kicked but it's great. Dipping in for short sessions of intense combat now and again, slowly making progress.

Batman Arkham Asylum (360) - I can see why it gets the love bit it's the victim of "collectableitis". Starting to get a bit bored of it to be honest 😟

FEAR 2(360) - giving this another run through and it's just as brilliant. The combat is immense: slo-mo, run, shoot, slide, flykick. Everyone is dead and there is blood everywhere. Still one of my fav games.

Edited by wuntyphyve at 14:39:18 06-12-2014
  • superbob85 6 Dec 2014 14:45:45 7,256 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Wolf among us excellent so far great story like the way your decisons effect the story. Loving the art style as well.
  • ZuluHero 6 Dec 2014 14:47:40 5,556 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Just got a ps4 and am currently loving lords of the fallen. as a huge souls fan its nice to have something halfway in between while waiting for bloodborne.
  • JoelStinty 6 Dec 2014 15:06:45 5,353 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Mass effect 3 - about 25 hours in. I really got into it, the last 5 or so hours have been a bit of a slog though. I really like the set up, but there are Sooooo many missions that are pretty much the same. Saying that the quarian missions I have just done have been different and therefore better than the rest. But tooing and froing from the citadel is a bit of a pain in the arse.

I feel guilty for flirting with traynor and whilst telling liara I love her. Don't know what to do.

Steam world dig. Again, played it straight for a few hours and really got into it. It's nice pace, and I like the overall design. But I got to the tech level stuff and I kind of got tired of it. So I gave it a rest for a few days, and given it a hour just now and it flew by. Liking it.

Edited by Great-Googly-Moogly at 15:09:07 06-12-2014
  • TommyUnderwear 6 Dec 2014 15:26:50 168 posts
    Seen 20 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Destiny Destiny Destiny. Can't stop playing for whatever reason. Wasn't the quickest getting through the ranks so only did the raid for the first time this week even though I have played daily since around launch time. Still has it's hooks in me.
  • Matt36 7 Dec 2014 13:17:27 2,015 posts
    Seen 4 weeks ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    LEGO: Batman 2 (xbox 360)

How boring? The levels drag, its dull, its overly tedious and I hate the free roam/open city - bring back the classic level selections of LEGO Star Wars :(
  • TheGreenYamo 7 Dec 2014 15:30:55 162 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Bought Crimson Clover World Ignition in the GOG sale yesterday, it's fantastic (apart from the shite music). Best Cave stlye shooty game on the PC. It's actually better than some of Cave's own shooters. A steal for £3.19, I'd have paid £60 to import something like this back in the day.
  • Stranded87 7 Dec 2014 15:36:42 1,567 posts
    Seen 30 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Dragon Age Inquisition

After 35 hours it went from good to great. I think I prefer Origins so far but this is now a GOTY contender.

The Crew

Dipping in and out of this, there's a whole lot of potential but it doesn't really live up to it.

Danganronpa 2

Left this for a while and went back to it recently. It's great but worse than the first I think. The cases seem less interesting and the new mechanics they've added to trials are annoying.
  • killersrquiet 7 Dec 2014 15:52:50 3,105 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    GTA 5
    Battlefield 4
    Destiny
    Advanced Warfare
    Driveclub
    Alien Isolation

I would like more time as a present from Santa this year
  • docrob 7 Dec 2014 18:06:54 727 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Got a shiny new GTX 970, which led to me starting up again with Bioshock Infinite.

I am actively looking for an excuse to buy a PS4, but they keep not releasing the 'killer app' I just have to have. I'm interested in Shadow of Mordor, but not enough to buy a new console to play it. Bloodborne might manage it, but I suck at Souls games. I think Arkham Knight may be the one that pushes me over the edge, but that's not appearing until next spring.

Meantime, I've just bought a Thrustmaster joystick in anticipation of Elite: Dangerous next week. Which I have pre-ordered by contributing to the KickStarter.
  • Pipedream 7 Dec 2014 21:37:35 225 posts
    Seen 4 weeks ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I've just started playing Zelda Phantom Hourglass. Over 7 years old yet to me it looks fantastic and plays amazingly. Only just finished the first dungeon, wow the boomerang is jolly good fun.

I really want to buy Spirit Tracks now!
  • JoeBlade 8 Dec 2014 00:27:27 3,964 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Assassin's Creed, after the Autumn Steam sale. Had Brotherhood for a while but it felt like I was expected to know a lot of things I didn't so I reckoned I'd ease myself in with the first one.

I'm playing on PC while it's clearly a console first game with controls to match, it's not the most innovative game ever, it's dated and it's a bit simplistic in a couple of respects but still, I quite enjoy it. I can see why this became a hit series for Ubisoft.
  • Deleted user 8 December 2014 00:32:29
    Should just skip straight to 2 and read the wiki, the first one is dire, but you're enjoying it what the hell do i know?

I'm playing Kingdoms of Amular: Reckoning. It's the closest thing I'm ever going to get to playing an MMO, and it's a nice chill out after the horrors of Dark Souls 2.

Edited by super-s1 at 00:38:03 08-12-2014
  • tonyferrino 8 Dec 2014 07:47:37 264 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @docrob Save yourself some money and just buy a 360 pad, I've played Mordor on a 970 PC and it runs like a dream!
  • iamslick 8 Dec 2014 07:50:06 408 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    super-s1 wrote:
    Should just skip straight to 2 and read the wiki, the first one is dire, but you're enjoying it what the hell do i know?

I'm playing Kingdoms of Amular: Reckoning. It's the closest thing I'm ever going to get to playing an MMO, and it's a nice chill out after the horrors of Dark Souls 2.
    Assassins Creed is such a repetitive bore, I haven't played since 2.

Kingdoms of Amular had all the right ingredients but I also got bored of that after about 20 hours. I'm not sure why, as I said it had everything I wanted from that type of game...I just got sick of it and stopped playing.
  • Deleted user 8 December 2014 07:54:01
    Amalur was a bit big tbh. When it was turned into a single player game it should have been downsized a bit. Would have saved a lot of people getting bored and moving on after x amount of time and you're still doing the same quests but in a different locale.
  • HitchHiker 8 Dec 2014 08:30:03 2,880 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Elite Dangerous, made it to Sol, tempered with some Test Drive Unlimited 2.
  • Deleted user 15 December 2014 22:32:14
    Think I'm nearing the end of Dust: An Elysian Tail.

Fun gameplay but the artwork really is gorgeous. Probably the best PS4 game on PS+ since Resogun.
  • Kichijoten 15 Dec 2014 22:43:52 4,558 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Smh
  • wuntyphyve 15 Dec 2014 22:55:26 8,680 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Started Thief last night. Shocked to say im really enjoying it so far. Master difficulty and all that focus, glint and interactive shit turned off. About two hours in and I'm impressed. Didn't think I would be at all as I frickin love The Dark Project.
  • Malek86 15 Dec 2014 22:58:49 5,656 posts
    Seen 20 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Due to my current situation, I'm mostly playing mobile games now. Mostly, Peggle Blast, Subway Surfers and Scurvy Scallywags.

Oh and also, So Long Oregon! is more fun than I expected.

wuntyphyve wrote:
    Started Thief last night. Shocked to say im really enjoying it so far. Master difficulty and all that focus, glint and interactive shit turned off. About two hours in and I'm impressed. Didn't think I would be at all as I frickin love The Dark Project.
    The game starts well enough, I'd say. Boredom sets in later, when the sidequests require you to run everywhere with no fast travel (and lots of loadings), which is why I avoided them, and the story missions get pretty bland and generic.

It's too bad, because in terms of stealth and all that, I liked it better than Dishonored.

Edited by Malek86 at 23:08:12 15-12-2014
  • .Wolfie-kun. 15 Dec 2014 23:59:20 164 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Kingdom Hearts Re:Chain of Memories HD in preparation for 2.5 which I'm getting for Christmas.

Pretty much doing it on easy mode to fly through it, I just want to finish for the story. If the card system grows on me, then I may go back for it on a higher difficulty another day.

Other games I'm playing include Mirror's Edge (Thanks EA :o), Spyro Trilogy and Crash Bandicoot 2 from the 20th anniversary PSN sale.

-cerberus- wrote:
    Just finished Batman Arkham Asylum and went straight into Batman: Arkham City afterwards, both on PC and they look incredible. Silky smooth 60fps + advanced PhysX adds so much to the experience.

Never finished it on 360, iirc I got to the point with Ra's Al Ghul's fucked up LSD vision, or something... Now that I've started a fresh playthrough, I remember why I never finished it; there's too much shit going on. It's like a bad soap where they crammed as many Batman villains as they possibly could into the story. It lacks focus and is just one big mess. Much prefer Asylum to City... Regardless, I made it into the sewers, trying to track down the assassins.
    Ahh the first two Arkham games, two brilliant games in general! Can't say much about Origins since I never got around to picking that one up.

Edited by .Wolfie-kun. at 00:00:22 16-12-2014
  • Nanocrystal 16 Dec 2014 00:44:56 1,557 posts
    Seen 49 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Trying to clear my 360 backlog before taking the plunge into next (current) gen:

XCOM: Enemy Unknown
    Loved the original as a kid, and loving this even more. Another nice example of a strategy game working brilliantly on a console. I have a maxed out female Korean soldier nicknamed "Werewolf" who kicks all kinds of ass. Think I fucked up by not investing in satellites early on, though.

Bioshock Infinite
    Only a few hours in and pretty great so far. Columbia is absolutely stunning. The first hour where you just get to explore and take it all in was wonderful, kind of a shame it all turned into pew-pew so quickly.

Assassin's Creed II
    Bought Brotherhood and Revelations on the cheap a few months ago, so thought I'd play through this again to remind me of the story. I really hate the Desmond/future/aliens bullshit but the renaissance Italy aspect is wonderful, and the views from atop the towers still impress.
  • ibenam 16 Dec 2014 00:47:14 3,025 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Just about to start Murdered soul suspect.

Looks like the type if game i enjoy and it was only a tenner!
  • Page

of 51 First / Last

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.