What Are You Currently Playing? (V 3.0; The Re-Postening) Page 2

• Page

of 51 First / Last

• Singularity 7 Nov 2014 11:05:55 2,615 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Utterly obsessed with Fantasy Life on 3DS. It really is Skyrim with Pokemon graphics. It fills me with joy just levelling up my fishing or tailoring skills.

Want to find some time to start Bayonetta. And I still haven't started MGSV, which I bought on release. And about a million PS+ games.
  • Deleted user 7 November 2014 16:59:49
    I had to pick between Bayonetta and Stealth Inc 2 the other night. Went for the latter and i'm really enjoying it. I'm only around 4 - 5 hours in at the moment, but the difficulty is definitely climbing upward.

I've also got Animal Crossing New Leaf and Scram Kitty on the go. I'd probably have put Animal Crossing down a long time ago, but the girlfriend plays it a lot.
  • Armoured_Bear 9 Nov 2014 23:05:50 19,926 posts
    Seen 16 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Finished Dark Souls 2 now so I'm playing Bayonetta on Wii U and Okapi HD on the Triple.
    Okami is utterly glorious in HD, I've gotten past the painfully slow first 2 hours and can now really enjoy the magical colours and artwork when freeing the land from curses.
    I doubt I'll complete it again but I'll enjoy it for a wee while.
  • superbob85 10 Nov 2014 07:14:21 7,337 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    360: gears of war still a great game.
  • Nitrous 11 Nov 2014 08:22:08 1,444 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Alien Isolation (PS4)

Managed to play a little more of it yesterday evening in the dark with my new sony 2.0 headphones on. I even watched the original film the night before. Best use of a licence in a video game for a very long time IMO. Steeped in atmosphere and the sound especially with the headphones is excellent.
  • PazJohnMitch 11 Nov 2014 08:25:20 12,745 posts
    Seen 49 seconds ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Destiny and Danganronpa 2.
  • wuntyphyve 11 Nov 2014 10:16:09 8,737 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Not playing much but when I do it's, weirdly, Clive Barker's Jericho. Just having the odd burst before bedtime but really enjoying it, again. This is one of the only games I've ever rebought and began again from the beginning. It has too many flaws to list but also has a lot going for it and has some really memorable moments.

No idea why I love this game so much, but I do.

Apart from that, dabbling in Frozen Synapse Prime and Luftrausers. Cracking games the pair of them.
  • Deleted user 18 November 2014 19:31:56
    Super Mario 3D Land

I recently got the urge to play through this again and it's every bit as good as I remember. It's not quite as good or as big as 3D World, but it's still a solid and challenging game.

I'm actually beginning to think I prefer these modern 'Assault Course Mario' platformers (3D Land/World) to the more open designed ones (64, Sunshine & Galaxy). The stages don't often make sense, visually, but they're incredibly fun to navigate. It's pure platforming, much like the original 2D outings.
  • superbob85 18 Nov 2014 19:43:01 7,337 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    360: max payne 3 excellent so far enjoying the story the graphics are still impressive.
    pes 14 reminding me how better 15 is and that i need to get it asap.
  • Rusty_M 19 Nov 2014 07:13:04 6,668 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I've been playing a lot of Alien Isolation lately. It may not be perfect, but the tension is brilliant.

I've also started playing Kerbal Space Program on Sunday. I really should have played this more before then, but backlog and all that. Managed my first ever stable orbit last night, which was satisfying as hell. I'm trying to use as little help as possible, but it's a tough game to just pick up and work EVERYTHING out.
  • Jeepers 19 Nov 2014 08:41:03 16,030 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Rusty_M wrote:
    I've been playing a lot of Alien Isolation lately. It may not be perfect, but the tension is brilliant.

I've also started playing Kerbal Space Program on Sunday. I really should have played this more before then, but backlog and all that. Managed my first ever stable orbit last night, which was satisfying as hell. I'm trying to use as little help as possible, but it's a tough game to just pick up and work EVERYTHING out.
    Scott Manley does some great videos on YouTube. Well worth a look if you - like me - don't know the first thing about orbital mechanics.
  • DrStrangelove 30 Nov 2014 16:49:50 10,678 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Sonic All-Stars Racing Transformed, grabbed from the current Humble Bundle, I'm surprisingly addicted now.

I haven't played those karting games really since MK64, I had a short go at Double Dash but didn't like it a lot, I tried the demos of Modnation Racers and LBP Karting--which I both found pretty shit--and I have F1 Race Stars from PS+, which I played a bit but grew tired of fairly quickly. I actually played the Sonic demo once, but found it really frustrating, just stumbling from wall to wall with no chance of success.

I thought those karting games just weren't anything for me anymore, I tried MK64 again, and outside of battle mode, it's rather poor really.

Sonic though, after a steep learning curve, is really great. Feeling your drift-dancing around all sorts of corners and bends at insane speeds improve and getting ever more fluent and reckless laps is very satisfying. And yet I only started doing the challenges on hard, and they're pretty tough already. There's even an expert mode, so I think I won't "beat" this game anytime soon, but that means I have some goal I want to reach.

That probably sums it up, it's a lot about speed and driving skills, more so than other karting games I played, and that's just what I missed in those games. With great satisfaction I noticed that the AI doesn't seem to cheat at all (at least outside of expert difficulty, which I haven't tried yet). They become pretty good at hitting you with items, yet I haven't ever seen them rubber-banding, getting items without actually collecting them, or enjoying a "better item" bias. SMK and MK64 are of course a bit old for comparison, but one thing that made especially MK64 really frustrating was just what extreme cheats the AI players were. In single player, MK64 is broken, and I'm tempted to say shit. Sonic is a blast in SP.

So, question: I'm always considering buying a Wii U someday, MK8 being one of the prime reasons, and I now wonder how it compares to Sonic. I don't doubt it's really great, but how does it compare to Sonic in terms of speed, skill-focus and cheating AI?

Edit: of course, if you don't have it, you need to grab it from humblebundle.com. SASRT plus a handful more Sega games for $1 is a steal.

Edited by drip at 16:53:48 30-11-2014
  • Vortex808 30 Nov 2014 17:41:28 11,475 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Dragon Age Inquisition on PS4 and nothing else.

It has totally grabbed me and even the lovely Far Cry 4 can't tempt me just now.

Not quite to the level of my Fallout 3 mania, but pretty damned close.
  • superbob85 30 Nov 2014 17:48:52 7,337 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    360: walking dead episode 1 and gta san andreas.
  • DUFFMAN5 1 Dec 2014 16:45:11 21,553 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    360: FarCry 4/AC Rogue
    PS3: Daiblo III UE edition.
    Kindle: A book ;)
    One: Dead Rising 3/Titanfall
    PS4: My first game will probably be TLoU remastered. I LOVED the original and never really played the mp side of things.
  • Deleted user 1 December 2014 16:51:20
    DUFFMAN5 wrote:
    Kindle: A book ;)
    I hear there's a piss easy way to get to the end of it.

Edited by FuzzyDuck at 16:57:06 01-12-2014
  • Bowzer43 1 Dec 2014 16:56:54 1,872 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    PC: dragon age inquisition, 50 hours and nowhere near finished, absolutely loving every minute in the game!
  • FartPipe 3 Dec 2014 00:07:55 5,316 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    This
    Nitronic Rush.

It's like Wipeout, mixed with Tron, you run a course with obstacles thrown in your way and it's a really really well made game.

And best of all it's free.
  • ubergine 3 Dec 2014 01:06:27 7,080 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Dragon Age Inquisition on PS4, with Far Cry 4 and GTA V waiting on the shelf. And all the PC games.
  • EMarkM 3 Dec 2014 07:39:20 4,361 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Still playing Divinity: OS (about 80 hours in, now) and Oolite.

Will start The Witcher when I've finished Div, and will replace Oolite with Elite: D if I read some good user reviews of it on here and elsewhere. The current gamma players are exhibiting signs of doubt...
  • blobs 3 Dec 2014 07:58:26 476 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    DA:I on PS4. The little time I get to play in the evenings is being utterly swamped with this game. It's a joy to play.. and oh my god so fucking huge.
    I'm looking forward to some pissing about coop in FC4 though.
  • coomber 4 Dec 2014 17:21:29 396 posts
    Seen 39 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    GTA V

Really enjoying it, though surely Rockstar could have played a few decent third person shooters by now and learned how to fix the bloody controls.

And there are too many non-missions which are just QTE games without the Q or the T half the time. I'm impressed by it but I don't love it.
  • Armoured_Bear 4 Dec 2014 17:30:38 19,926 posts
    Seen 16 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I just finished Bayonetta on Wii U and went straight onto Bayonetta 2 which seems much prettier and slicker.
  • Deleted user 4 December 2014 18:57:23
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    I just finished Bayonetta on Wii U and went straight onto Bayonetta 2 which seems much prettier and slicker.
    Christ on a bike, sounds like I need a Wii U in my life.
  • superbob85 4 Dec 2014 19:29:24 7,337 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Walking dead episode 2 really enjoying playing through this.
  • Page

of 51 First / Last

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.