What Are You Currently Playing? (V 3.0; The Re-Postening) Page 43

• Page

of 53 First / Last

• JoeBlade 9 Feb 2017 03:34:17 4,038 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    I've picked up Sleeping Dogs (Definitive Edition) again recently. It's a game I've started a couple of times but never have gotten far into, now I've advanced further than I did before.
    The story wasn't very gripping up to the point where I stopped during my previous playthroughs, mostly just a bunch of stereotypes, but now started twisting in rather interesting ways.

My one big gripe with the game though is the melee counter (which you need a lot): half of the time Wei seems to prefer trying to finish an ongoing attack rather than countering immediately.
    Considering the length of some attack animations compared to the speed at which enemy attacks trigger after they are phoned in it often feels impossible to avoid being hit. Very frustrating after having experienced the responsiveness and fluidity of melee combat in, say, Arkham Asylum or Shadow of Mordor.

Other than that I'd recommend the game though. The content-to-price ratio is great and it doesn't show its age IMO, plus the setting (Hong Kong) is refreshing after the umpteenth major - real or fictional - American city in similar games.
  • seasidebaz 9 Feb 2017 08:01:08 7,476 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    @JoeBlade what format are you playing on? I got right the way through the Xbox One version and never had an issue with combat - counters would always trigger straight away.
  • gooner77 9 Feb 2017 08:40:35 1,183 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Have been playing lots of mini games in Yakuza 0. Waiting for my copy of Nioh to arrive. Really looking forward to it.
  • JoeBlade 9 Feb 2017 11:15:33 4,038 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    @seasidebaz PC, keyboard + mouse.
  • JoeBlade 9 Feb 2017 11:58:57 4,038 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    @seasidebaz Based on some stuff I found online in the mean time other gamers have experienced the same issue specifically with the Definitive Edition on PC with KB+M (literally only with that specific combination)
    Seems like some obscure bug may have been introduced in what ironically is meant to be a general improvement compared to the initial release.

Rebinding keys appears to be a possible solution, I'm going to try that.
  • superbob85 9 Feb 2017 12:32:48 7,643 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Loving golf clash on iOS very easy to pick up and play seem to be getting quite addicted.
  • seasidebaz 9 Feb 2017 12:35:35 7,476 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    @JoeBlade I'd just get an Xbox controller to be honest.
  • JoeBlade 9 Feb 2017 14:37:43 4,038 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    seasidebaz wrote:
    @JoeBlade I'd just get an Xbox controller to be honest.
    No need, after rebinding counter to the right mouse button (among others) responsiveness has improved immensely. It's more intuitive and also more in line with games with similar melee combat (Arkham et al)

So in essence my view on the game changed to: do buy it, it's well worth your investment but be aware you may need to tweak controls a bit depending on what particular hardware configuration you're on.

Anyway, enough of that now. Let's just finish this game as well as Life Is Strange and a couple of other ones on the notorious pile :p
  • JiveHound 9 Feb 2017 15:08:49 8,394 posts
    Seen 43 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I'm still tryharding Overwatch and I've unashamedly returned go Diablo 3 in pursuit of the achievement to get all characters to 70.

Dopamine dripping like it's hot.

The occasional Smite game and I need to finish fhe second run on Dishonored 2.

Tempted by Halo Wars 2 and I really want Nioh and Yakuza 0 but I'm trying to save for a Switch for Zelda.

Edited by JiveHound at 15:09:04 09-02-2017
  • Dombat 9 Feb 2017 15:22:07 1,118 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Pretty much just playing Overwatch at the moment. The game is saving me money as I'm just not that interested in new releases.
  • Humperfunk 9 Feb 2017 19:22:50 6,774 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Should finish Watch Dogs 2 tonight, then it's either Bioshock 2 or Doom me thinks...
  • macmurphy 9 Feb 2017 19:43:27 2,275 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Steamworld Heist and Lego City Undercover on the Wuu. Lovely.
  • HelloNo 9 Feb 2017 20:52:54 1,956 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @JoeBlade been thinking about getting this, good to know that in advance.
  • bighairybear65 10 Feb 2017 15:20:05 169 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Also playing Sleeping Dogs Def (ps4) really enjoying it, which is weird not my kinda game usually (don't like GTA etc..) but it has that "one more go" element... and I need it, keep getting the shite kicked out of me, but still good fun.. 👍
  • bighairybear65 10 Feb 2017 15:22:01 169 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Also playing MGS V Ground Zeroes which is fantastic.. :D
  • superbob85 10 Feb 2017 15:28:57 7,643 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Stupidly got back into skyrim now I can't see myself finishing up anything anytime soon.

Edited by superbob85 at 15:29:14 10-02-2017
  • Dirtbox 10 Feb 2017 15:33:30 89,099 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Post deleted
  • 2old4disshit 10 Feb 2017 15:49:08 417 posts
    Seen 7 days ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Dead Rising remaster. The Psychopaths can fuck right off.
  • Matt36 18 Feb 2017 23:09:41 2,031 posts
    Seen 4 weeks ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Currently playing across multiple platforms:

XBOX:
    Ass Creed Unity - urgh...
    SKYRIM - 4th time owning it, still finding new stuff!

PS4:
    Ratchet & Clank -
  • spindle9988 18 Feb 2017 23:45:27 4,573 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I'm going through the mass effect trilogy. Never played 3 on release as my gamertag had corrupted so I couldn't carry my story over.
  • Matt36 18 Feb 2017 23:47:31 2,031 posts
    Seen 4 weeks ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @spindle9988 Been meaning to do this since they became available on EA Access. I never seem to get far on the 1st, despite enjoying it.
  • Tomo 19 Feb 2017 00:26:14 15,456 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Titanfall 2, pretty much constantly. It's so, so good.
  • b0rk 19 Feb 2017 01:19:11 7,302 posts
    Seen 15 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I got far too many games on the go at the mo.

Dishonoured 2 which I played for a few hours, generally had a good time with it but haven't felt the urge to play it anymore.

Watch Dogs 2 played for a few hours, thought it was a bit shit (I loved Watch Dogs) haven't played it since December 28th

Modern Warfare 3 tried to get into online gaming again but it's just lv80 players running around every single map (even small maps) with snipers. Utterly pointless.

Gears of War 4 had this as a Christmas present, installed it but have no desire to actually play it.

Advanced Warfare installed it but don't really want to play it

Far Cry Primal dunno about this one. It seems ok but as above just not feeling the need to play anymore of it after maybe an hours play

Dark Souls 3 played for a few hours not really liking it but will probably go back to it (yeah right).

Resident Evil 7 played about an hours or so but this seems actually rather good but Doom is commanding most of my free gaming time right now.

Metal Gear Solid V bought on release, hated all the base stuff ect but used a poke to make all that stuff irrelevant so I can play it as a straight up open world type game now. It's still a really terible Metal Gear game though but at least I'm getting some of my monies worth out of it finally.
  • drhickman1983 19 Feb 2017 01:22:36 4,906 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Bought that Humble Bundle Freedom, um, bundle.

So now I have a fuckton of games I'll never get around to playing. Yay.
  • DUFFMAN5 19 Feb 2017 01:56:54 21,721 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Xbox1
    Gears 4 (still daily) multiplayer and or Horde.
    Gears Judgment, Survival mode.
    Deus Ex, not played for several weeks though.

Last game was Mafia 2 dlc

Ps4
    Watch Dogs 2. Campaign and co-op. Loving it.
    RE revelations 2. Chapter 3

Ps3
    Saints Row 3, messing about
    Yakuza 5.
  • TOOTR 19 Feb 2017 15:02:50 10,399 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Halo 3 MP on the MCC
    Halo CE Campaign on legendary
    Deathtrap van helsing
    Halo Wars
    Halo 5

It's been a kind of Halo few days.

Can't believe how addicted I was to Halo 3 for a few days there - it was a heady mix of nostalgia and everyone telling me it was broke. It was fine. Except most people playing it are demi-gods compared to me.

Argh I want to play it again... now...
  • simpleexplodingmaybe 19 Feb 2017 15:40:43 4,093 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Silent Hill 2 (HD Collection version)

Don't hate me it was less than a fiver in CEX and it's the most convenient way for me to play it. So far the strength of the game hasn't been dampened by how shitty the port is supposed to be. Maybe it's because it's been so long since I played the real version but I've not noticed anything horrific in its performance yet. I was expecting a dated looking but still atmospheric and compelling game and that's what I'm getting.

Lost Odyssey

Big thoughtful old school jrpg. Making very slow progress because it's such a time intensive game with save points few and far between. I really like it but I'm not in a good position to clear rpg amounts of time when I've started a shorter, better game alongside it.
  • FrostPan 19 Feb 2017 17:56:28 1,354 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @simpleexplodingmaybe

It's definitely better than playing no SH2. It's a shame that they didn't patch the 360 version, but did with the PS3. Although, I dunno whether the patch for PS3 actually fixed much.

The team behind the port definitely made some bizarre decisions. This vid never ceases to amaze me:

• Page

of 53 First / Last

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.