Horizon: Zero Dawn Page 87

  • Page

    of 92 First / Last

  • quadfather 20 Mar 2017 13:35:27 25,574 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I'd change arguments to opinions. IMO! :)
  • monkman76 20 Mar 2017 13:37:37 11,267 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    IYA

    ;)
  • Rodderz 20 Mar 2017 13:45:58 2,704 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    quadfather wrote:
    I'd change arguments to opinions. IMO! :)
    My opinion is this opinion seems like a good opinion. ;)
  • Kichii 20 Mar 2017 13:48:50 237 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 1 month ago
    @Rodderz normal. I imagine it would have been more fun on hard but I find it pretty frustrating on normal sometimes as if the robots got in close the camera would be tricky to work out what the hell was going on and aloy had that annoying stun animation when she gets hit. The robot that pissed me off most was the bird that called for help. It's jump drop attack was so annoying.

    Biggest disappointment was definitely in how it delivered the story and the lack of more si fi. The cauldrons were cool but didn't really show you anything or explain anything.

    As far as dlc I can't see a reason for it. I'm just going to ignore the dlc bait post credit scene.
  • Blackmarsh63 20 Mar 2017 13:59:55 968 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @Kichii Well I guess it's not for everyone. I absolutely loved it as did a few more on here. I'm off to carry in with Nioh now. Another game you didn't like :lol: Really Wtf.
  • quadfather 20 Mar 2017 13:59:56 25,574 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    It's quite interesting how Kichii's biggest disappointments are the highlights for me :)
  • quadfather 20 Mar 2017 14:00:44 25,574 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Blackmarsh63 wrote:
    @Kichii Well I guess it's not for everyone. I absolutely loved it as did a few more on here. I'm off to carry in with Nioh now. Another game you didn't like :lol: Really Wtf.
    Though I agree with Kichii on Nioh though - that totally didn't click for me.

    suppose I'll have to try that again at some point
  • Kichii 20 Mar 2017 14:02:47 237 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 1 month ago
    I've got a lot going on atm so I'm probably being harsher/impatient with games. I'll just stick with tf2 for now.
  • monkman76 20 Mar 2017 14:04:58 11,267 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @Kichii Drop down to just say 20 hours a week gaming?
  • Rodderz 20 Mar 2017 14:06:36 2,704 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Kichii wrote:
    @Rodderz normal. I imagine it would have been more fun on hard but I find it pretty frustrating on normal sometimes as if the robots got in close the camera would be tricky to work out what the hell was going on and aloy had that annoying stun animation when she gets hit. The robot that pissed me off most was the bird that called for help. It's jump drop attack was so annoying.

    Biggest disappointment was definitely in how it delivered the story and the lack of more si fi. The cauldrons were cool but didn't really show you anything or explain anything.

    As far as dlc I can't see a reason for it. I'm just going to ignore the dlc bait post credit scene.
    Ok, gotcha! I don't know what difference the difficulty makes in terms of AI or whether they just get more health, as usually happens in these games, but it's certainly a decent challenge on Hard - especially against the big robo-beasts!

    The Cauldrons are indeed pretty cool, I can see them making a few more of those for dlc excursions and perhaps a chance to throw in some new bots.
  • shamblemonkee 20 Mar 2017 14:15:21 16,811 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    @Rodderz

    Apparently...

    you’ll find that the medicinal plants you scavenge around the world won’t fill your pouch up quite as much on the higher settings. Enemies will deal out more damage and will be able to take more before going down, and they’ll generally be a lot more ferocious, too
    the primagames and gosunoobs sites also expand by saying resources are scacer with rarer resources being scarcer still. that the figures for damage and health over normal are 50% and 75% for hard and very hard respectively.

    I found hard to be a good difficulty in terms of need some strategy and towards the end was very tempted to turn it up to very hard as even without doing good loads of side fluff I was significantly overlevelled at 45 at game end

    Edited by shamblemonkee at 14:15:54 20-03-2017

    Edited by shamblemonkee at 14:21:17 20-03-2017
  • Kichii 20 Mar 2017 14:16:07 237 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 1 month ago
    @monkman76 I can't find a middle finger smiley like there is on what's app. I don't play that much lately. Outside of nioh and horizon I've not played anything. Horizon was done in a few lengthy sessions.
  • Rodderz 20 Mar 2017 14:16:20 2,704 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    quadfather wrote:
    Blackmarsh63 wrote:
    @Kichii Well I guess it's not for everyone. I absolutely loved it as did a few more on here. I'm off to carry in with Nioh now. Another game you didn't like :lol: Really Wtf.
    Though I agree with Kichii on Nioh though - that totally didn't click for me.

    suppose I'll have to try that again at some point
    I'll have to pick up Nioh some time, maybe at the end of the year/early next year. I was clearing the backlog a fair bit during Jan/Feb though so decided not to jump in.

    I pretty much watched Tryhard's YouTube boss vids as he played through it anyway :D though I'm not entirely sure he's finished it yet or not, it seems to go on forever!
  • Graxlar_v2 20 Mar 2017 14:18:03 5,201 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 months ago
    so... where dopeoples opinions fall on this:

    https://waypoint.vice.com/en_us/article/horizon-zero-dawn-writer-responds-to-criticism-of-native-american-appropriation
  • Blackmarsh63 20 Mar 2017 14:21:50 968 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @quadfather Judas :)
  • Rodderz 20 Mar 2017 14:24:59 2,704 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    shamblemonkee wrote:
    @Rodderz

    Apparently...

    you’ll find that the medicinal plants you scavenge around the world won’t fill your pouch up quite as much on the higher settings. Enemies will deal out more damage and will be able to take more before going down, and they’ll generally be a lot more ferocious, too
    I found hard to be a good difficulty in terms of need some strategy and towards the end was very tempted to turn it up to very hard as even without doing good loads of side fluff I was significantly overlevelled at 45 at game end
    Ah that's interesting, I haven't deviated from hard so I wasn't sure if there was any difference, but it does appear to change things up!

    I have found that only now at 40 hours in that I'm managing much better against most robots and I'm also not scraping for Shards anymore, having finally accumulated enough to acquir full Shadow equipment with plenty to spare. I might give Very Hard a whirl, but perhaps that'll kick my ass too much :D
  • shamblemonkee 20 Mar 2017 14:27:34 16,811 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    misplaced outrage.
  • shamblemonkee 20 Mar 2017 14:29:00 16,811 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    @Rodderz just in case you missed my snap edit:

    the primagames and gosunoobs sites also expand by saying resources are scacer with rarer resources being scarcer still. that the figures for damage and health over normal are 50% and 75% for hard and very hard respectively.
    So yeah a fair difference over normal and would explain some of the disparity in experience with Kichii

    also - no shadow kit at 40 and scraping for shards? Quite different - i bought my first shadow bow upon arriving at meridian, never found a shortage of metal shards.

    my biggest issues were ignoring the crafitng for ages and therefore always having a full inventory of resources and modifications.

    Edited by shamblemonkee at 14:31:14 20-03-2017
  • 3en 20 Mar 2017 14:35:37 33 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 3 months ago
    I'm playing on hard and it feels really good. Fights can be quick and you can rekk stuff, but enemies can also kill you in 2 or 3 hits. Also if you lose a lot of health you really have to scavenge for plants to get your health back.

    Makes it feel more like you're surviving by the skin of your teeth and that these creatures really are dangerous.

    But similarly when you figure them out it feels more rewarding not getting hit an entire fight.
  • Rodderz 20 Mar 2017 14:44:35 2,704 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    shamblemonkee wrote:
    @Rodderz just in case you missed my snap edit:

    the primagames and gosunoobs sites also expand by saying resources are scacer with rarer resources being scarcer still. that the figures for damage and health over normal are 50% and 75% for hard and very hard respectively.
    So yeah a fair difference over normal and would explain some of the disparity in experience with Kichii

    also - no shadow kit at 40 and scraping for shards? Quite different - i bought my first shadow bow upon arriving at meridian, never found a shortage of metal shards.

    my biggest issues were ignoring the crafitng for ages and therefore always having a full inventory of resources and modifications.
    Good to know! I did have some shadow kit long before 40 hours, just not a full set. Not that I needed it, I did OK with mostly Carja gear up until that point!
  • shamblemonkee 20 Mar 2017 14:47:16 16,811 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Ah okay cool. :)
  • Derblington 20 Mar 2017 14:49:03 27,787 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    There's no difference in tactics through the step up in difficulty though - the enemies don't demand you to play them differently, they just take more punishment so the battles last longer. The behaviour is still the same, the weak points are still the same.

    I find the battles drawn out enough as it is, and there are so many throughout the game. Having scanned a dino, I find it annoying that the weak points then vanish so you can't make adjust cents on the fly - you either need to scan it again (which is a ball ache mid-battle against multiple enemies) or constantly pause and reference the notebook.

    Mechanically, combat is good for this type of game. Precision, skill, blah, blah, blah. I just don't like what they've done with it that much as tactically, as Kiichi points out, the same things work over and over and over (not just stealth but rope 'em up and chip 'em down). The game doesn't ask you to play it differently from encounter to encounter (other than the rockbreaker, before anyone points that out. Still, 1 of 24 isn't really a big deal).
  • funkstar 20 Mar 2017 14:50:30 2,676 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    @Kichii why do you think the end fight was 'awful awful' out of interest?
    me and quaddy both thought it was great

    is it because you couldn't stealth it?
  • shamblemonkee 20 Mar 2017 14:56:15 16,811 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    @Derblington I'd disagree to an extent. If it's true that the damage ratio is 50% more/less on give and take then you may not be able to one shot something from stealth. You may not have as many potions, placing greater importancentre on removing components. Just like in xcom difficulties it doesn't change things nassively but that extra pip of health can mean you have to be more tactical.
  • DUFFMAN5 20 Mar 2017 14:59:05 21,027 posts
    Seen 25 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    funkstar wrote:
    @Kichii why do you think the end fight was 'awful awful' out of interest?
    me and quaddy both thought it was great

    is it because you couldn't stealth it?
    I also thought it was awful. The pre-battle bit...you know was great, but the end Boss was cheap and boring, shoot, run in circles, shoot etc.
  • Kichii 20 Mar 2017 15:06:48 237 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 1 month ago
    What duff said. Just roll and run a lot and it had 7 billion health and we all know reinforcements mid boss fights are always always rubbish.
  • PazJohnMitch 20 Mar 2017 15:18:18 12,339 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    shamblemonkee wrote:
    @Derblington I'd disagree to an extent. If it's true that the damage ratio is 50% more/less on give and take then you may not be able to one shot something from stealth. You may not have as many potions, placing greater importancentre on removing components. Just like in xcom difficulties it doesn't change things nassively but that extra pip of health can mean you have to be more tactical.
    I think there is probably a case where getting a bot to explode on Normal will kill it whereas on Hard it will just take a large chunk off.

    For example there is a Hunter challenge to tie down a Trampler and shoot it in the stomach until it explodes. I suspect this explosion kills them on Normal? Whereas on Hard it leaves them with a small chunk of health. Getting rid of this last bit of health is then harder to knock off than the large portion removed in a single tie down and barrage of arrows. (Thus making Hard more than just a little bit of extra health).
  • quadfather 20 Mar 2017 15:23:30 25,574 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Blackmarsh63 wrote:
    @quadfather Judas :)
    Haha. Can't get on with the damn thing :)
  • stephenb 20 Mar 2017 15:42:39 3,321 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Graxlar_v2 wrote:
    so... where dopeoples opinions fall on this:

    https://waypoint.vice.com/en_us/article/horizon-zero-dawn-writer-responds-to-criticism-of-native-american-appropriation
    I don't think there is a case to answer. The argument is border line bollocks.
  • funkstar 20 Mar 2017 17:01:19 2,676 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Kichii wrote:
    What duff said. Just roll and run a lot and it had 7 billion health and we all know reinforcements mid boss fights are always always rubbish.
    i thought it had the same amount of health as any corruptor, and could be taken out just as quickly (set it on fire, attack the exposed heat core)

    the added reinforcements made things challenging but seems like you never figured out how to fight a corruptor properly from what i'm reading
  • Page

    of 92 First / Last

Log in or register to reply

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.