of 107 First / Last

• Deleted user 20 March 2017 10:16:14
    Post deleted
  • quadfather 20 Mar 2017 10:20:37 26,840 posts
    Seen 23 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Rodderz wrote:
    crashVoodoo wrote:
    I've only done 2. I'm heading north to Pinchcliff to meet Erend.

Came across my first stormbird this evening. Big fucker ain't it. I recorded my messy battle but the YouTube loop bug is back :-(

Also got into some scrapes with a ravager and 3 snapmaws. Saved that vid too just cos i was about to get pounced by
    the snapmaw until something pounced on it. Might have to transfer to pc to get them up.

41 hours in @ lvl 39.
    I'm roughly at the same hour/level ratio as you crash, level 40 at 40 hours! My two current main missions are Grave Hoard and one for Erend that follows on from a first mission I did with him. I don't know how far into the game story those are though?
    Grave Hoard is quite far through. There's not that many quests after this, but the ones that do remain are quite lengthy.

You need to do the Erend questline as that overlaps with the main questline later, and the main questline will be paused while you sort the Erend one out, if that helps. Or even makes sense :)
  • quadfather 20 Mar 2017 10:24:35 26,840 posts
    Seen 23 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    technotica wrote:
    Some cauldrons are really short though :(
    Yes, this was a bummer for me too. I loved those places and was miffed at one of them (the one that goes straight to the core).

Rho was my favourite. Even getting in it was fun.
  • shamblemonkee 20 Mar 2017 10:34:19 17,072 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    i like little details like the robits having their relevant cauldron sign emblazoned on them.
  • robc84 20 Mar 2017 10:34:49 11,453 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Rodderz wrote:
    robc84 wrote:
    I can imagine overriding a bellowback causes some fairly amusing carnage.
    I can verify that it does indeed amount to total carnage! I brought one frost Bellowback under my control the other day and watched it attack 3 others that were patrolling the area. It was like one of those old stop motion dinosaur movies, they were having a massive scrap amidst the glorious sound of crunching metal and frost blasts ringing out. I was hiding Aloy only metres away in the long grass and I started to feel a bit like David Attenborough... :D Heh.

My Bellowback killed 2 others of its kind and badly damaged the third before succumbing, leaving me to step in and finish the straggler off. Great fun and a few purple mod drops too!
    That sounds awesome. I guess if you lay some traps around first it may give your dinobot a bit of advantage too :)

Right, must crack on then and get some of these abilities.
  • quadfather 20 Mar 2017 10:40:46 26,840 posts
    Seen 23 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @robc84

I'd make a beeline for the Sigma and Rho cauldrons. That way, you can override all these mofos -

Sigma - Sawtooths, Scrappers, Grazers, Lancehorns
    RHO - Tramplers, Shell-Walkers, Snapmaws, Longlegs, Ravagers

Having multiple ravagers on your side is immensely amusing
    :)

Then get Lure if you haven't already and just lure em over. Or get the knockdown skill using the spears heavy attack. Timed right, you can run right into the middle of a pack of nutters, knock one over, override it, and then benny hill while the chaos ensues :)
  • Rodderz 20 Mar 2017 11:05:37 2,805 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    @quadfather

^ if you knock an enemy over in combat can you override it as you mention above? I've been wondering if it was possible to override outside of catching them whilst in stealth. If I get into a combat situation, I never get the prompt but now you mention it I haven't tried knocking one down to attempt it that way!
  • quadfather 20 Mar 2017 11:14:58 26,840 posts
    Seen 23 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @Rodderz

Yeah man, do it! I found out by accident but all you need to do is get them on the ground and you can do it

Go!
  • Rodderz 20 Mar 2017 11:16:30 2,805 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Speaking of stealth I love the Stalkers! It's like being in a Predator movie, when those warning smoke rockets go up its time to dive for cover and scan the forest for a translucent outline moving towards you! Plus those sniping cannons on its back, totally Predator!
  • Rodderz 20 Mar 2017 11:17:26 2,805 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    quadfather wrote:
    @Rodderz

Yeah man, do it! I found out by accident but all you need to do is get them on the ground and you can do it

Go!
    No way! Just learned something new 40 hours into the game :D and that something new is awesome!
  • quadfather 20 Mar 2017 11:25:38 26,840 posts
    Seen 23 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Rodderz wrote:
    Speaking of stealth I love the Stalkers! It's like being in a Predator movie, when those warning smoke rockets go up its time to dive for cover and scan the forest for a translucent outline moving towards you! Plus those sniping cannons on its back, totally Predator!
    I love fighting these guys in melee. I don't know why, but I always manage to get them quite satisfactorily.
  • quadfather 20 Mar 2017 11:26:53 26,840 posts
    Seen 23 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Rodderz wrote:
    quadfather wrote:
    @Rodderz

Go!
    No way! Just learned something new 40 hours into the game :D and that something new is awesome!
    Yup, this totally changed the way I played when I found out about it. Makes you jump in a bit more and less sneaky.

Tall grass? Pft, whatever :)
  • DUFFMAN5 20 Mar 2017 11:30:19 21,412 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    So my time with the game has come to an end. Completed and loved almost every minute of my 40+ hours. Finished at level 40 as well!

Still had a fair bit to do, but I'm happy with what I did get to see and complete. Along with TLoU, my favourite ps4 experience. I had played Last of Us on ps3 as well though

I'm sure I will rebuy if a goty with future dlc gets released.

Bravo GG, you done good ;)

Edited by DUFFMAN5 at 11:40:17 20-03-2017
  • Kichii 20 Mar 2017 11:37:33 378 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 4 months ago
    @DUFFMAN5 pfft putting it in the same sentence as tlou. I'm right at the end, she says but I've been thinking that four about the last give hours. Just loading it now to hopefully finish it.
  • Psiloc 20 Mar 2017 11:38:15 3,838 posts
    Seen 34 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Finished this yesterday. Derivative, but outstanding from beginning to end. Best combat in any open world game I've played by far.
  • DUFFMAN5 20 Mar 2017 11:40:56 21,412 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    @Kichii
    Morning, ain't you finished yet woman!!!!! Get a move on.
  • quadfather 20 Mar 2017 11:44:29 26,840 posts
    Seen 23 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Kichii wrote:
    @DUFFMAN5 pfft putting it in the same sentence as tlou. I'm right at the end, she says but I've been thinking that four about the last give hours. Just loading it now to hopefully finish it.
    Whereabouts are you now then?
  • Kichii 20 Mar 2017 11:56:03 378 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 4 months ago
    @quadfather err can't say much. The spire bit.
  • quadfather 20 Mar 2017 11:59:58 26,840 posts
    Seen 23 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Kichii wrote:
    @quadfather err can't say much. The spire bit.
    Gotcha. Not long now, don't worry :)

Also, you might actually enjoy this fight, you never know :)
  • Kichii 20 Mar 2017 12:54:06 378 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 4 months ago
    Jesus Christ what an awful awful end fight.

Um not bad, not sure why so many of you loved it. The map was mostly excellent though with nice variety through out. I'd have liked more si fi stuff though.

The story was interesting but terribly told, the majority of the interesting information was stuffed into loads of logs and most of those logs were in the same place so it totally ruined those areas as you had to spend ages going through then all. Poor storytelling. Except for the facial animations I really liked the animations.

A.i. was shocking, I spent the whole game in the stealth armour and it was so easy to stealth your way around and silent strike everything in the game. So bandit camps and groups of small to medium robots could be killed with no effort. You can just move from bush to bush whistling at everything. Then the bigger stuff you could just rope down the sonic arrow them then Critical strike them.

Visuals of course were beautiful but the main things that stood out were the weather system and lighting. Top class. Audio was also fantastic as was the music.

Terrible characters through out the game, interesting concept poorly told.

Stupid stupid after credits scene as well.

Finished it level 35 almost exactly 24 hours.

6/10
  • CompetitiveDad 20 Mar 2017 12:54:22 6,961 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Lol
  • PazJohnMitch 20 Mar 2017 12:59:38 12,621 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Kichii TLDR:

Game is rubbish as I used the same tactic to kill everything. No variety.
  • Kichii 20 Mar 2017 13:02:31 378 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 4 months ago
    If the a.i. wasn't abysmal that tactic wouldn't work. Plus the way you could mark routes and there was always long grass means you could just dart inbetween covers and silent kill everything anyway without the need to whistle. I only unlocked whistle after about half way. I unlocked all the yellow skill tree first so I had all the stealth abilities.
  • Rodderz 20 Mar 2017 13:19:42 2,805 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    @Kichii

Out of interest, what difficulty did you play on Kichii? In fairness it sounds like you at least enjoyed a few features of what the game had to offer.

I think there is a fair bit of variety in how you can tackle enemies, goodness knows I've seen plenty of people in this thread approach different combat scenarios in a variety of ways. I think perhaps you could have changed your approach rather than force yourself to stealth everything, just to mix things up.

If Guerrilla make some dlc, is there anything in particular you'd like to see that would tempt you back? (no spoilers though, I haven't completed it yet!).
  • quadfather 20 Mar 2017 13:24:51 26,840 posts
    Seen 23 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @Kichii

Haha, I expected no less than that summary :)
  • shamblemonkee 20 Mar 2017 13:28:14 17,072 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    s'wot you get for playing it on easy :p
  • Blackmarsh63 20 Mar 2017 13:29:50 1,005 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @Kichii So you put on the stealth armour and do everything stealthily. Who'd have thought it. :)
  • DUFFMAN5 20 Mar 2017 13:33:13 21,412 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Kichii wrote:
    Jesus Christ what an awful awful end fight.
    6/10
    I am with you on this point, as I posted when I was on it.
  • monkman76 20 Mar 2017 13:33:13 11,568 posts
    Seen 19 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Yeah, but it shouldn't be '1. put on stealth armour, 2. win'. I'm sure there's a bit more to it than that but most of Kichii's arguments seem valid.
  • Blackmarsh63 20 Mar 2017 13:34:52 1,005 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @monkman76 I think he covered most of them when he did the EG review. :lol:
  • Page

of 107 First / Last

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.