• Page

of 271 First / Last

• Flying_Pig 12 Dec 2017 12:56:09 15,569 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    One_Vurfed_Gwrx wrote:
    FatSternKikwi wrote:
    @Flying_Pig

I wouldn't bother unless you are desperate for a new visual novel. I finished one route and it's pretty mediocre.
    I mostly enjoyed Code Realize and platinummed it. Depends how much the setting catches your attention I suppose. Each if the routes were different enough to be interesting too. The art was generally pretty too. And for a 'romance' style otome it thankfully it wasn't too obsessed. It wasn't up to the Science Adventure series but I enjoyed it and didn't resent that I actually paid for mine (import of physical)
    Hmmm, maybe I'll skip it. It's rated quite highly on Metacritic IIRC, but the whole romance thing doesn't appeal that much (just ask my wife!).

I'll just grab Chaos;Child instead :)
  • One_Vurfed_Gwrx 12 Dec 2017 17:47:18 2,859 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I would rate Chaos;Child a lot higher. Although Code Realize really doesn't focus on the romance much at all, very focussed on the main story and mystery. The "5 guys" are just an excuse on focussing on their part of the main plot (abd what little 'romancey bits' that are there seem to bejust to say it has them being an Otomate game).

Judge how interesting you think a steampunk Victorian London adventure with horror undertones about the mystery of a young girl who was found hidden away in a secluded country mansion by Arsene Lupin and melts anybody she touches (which greatly removes the risk of the usual romance loveydovey nonsense) and guest characters being based on other famous literary characters (Van Helsing and Frankenstein to name two). If you like the sound of that it is worth playing through, if not it probably isn't. I liked the art in it too.

As you have it on plus try the first chapter or two to help you decide. Much better than the other PSPlus freebie VN which was Amnesia which is very romance based (even if it is messed up in many ways)
  • cs96and 14 Dec 2017 12:35:17 182 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Humperfunk wrote:
    Papers Please downloaded, wahey! Didn't get a seat on the DLR though so didn't get a chance to start it, cunts.
    You can play on the Vita whilst standing up you know?
  • Humperfunk 15 Dec 2017 12:38:03 7,200 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @cs96and Nah, way too packed.
  • Humperfunk 15 Dec 2017 12:38:25 7,200 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    What an odd comment to make days later.
  • Flying_Pig 18 Dec 2017 13:59:58 15,569 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I finished Vostok Inc this morning - final boss fight was pretty easy, although I had to do the last bit in my escape pod! If the mini-game trophies were slightly easier, I'd be going for the Platinum trophy...

Anyway, I'm also right at the end of Velvet's playthough on Odin Sphere Leifthrasir, so should finish that today, although I understand there's some post-game boss mode or some such...
  • One_Vurfed_Gwrx 18 Dec 2017 18:18:20 2,859 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I am still playing through Yomawari Midnight Shadows, although finding appropriate dark time to play it properly makes it more challenging. Particularly when the wife moans if I play in bed too late...

Also just received my Xmas pressie, SD Gundam Generation Genesis on Vita (I preordered Super Robot Wars V which was cool so thought I would get this when it was on sale a bit at Play Asia so despite being an older title now it is new for me). Also feels a little cool to have a 2 cartridge Vita game (I know there are a couple of others but this was the most interesting in that category). The dkwnside, clearing 3.5GB if memory card space... I really wish Sony had a) brought prices down some more on them and b) made bigger ones as 64GB feels tight when you don't want to delete stuff ideally.

On the robot srpg front it is nice to see the next title in the series, Super Robot Wars X is also getting an Asian English release on Vita and PS4. A shame that NISA have given up on Vita from now though as I get a lot through them and I don't like buying digital on Vita.
  • monkman76 18 Dec 2017 18:20:29 12,187 posts
    Seen 50 seconds ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Think I'll have to dust off the old Vita for Papers, Please. Have been waiting years for that!
  • FrostPan 18 Dec 2017 18:44:50 1,414 posts
    Seen 17 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Surprised with the pricing for Papers Please. Ł7.39 is good value, considering the amount of work that has been put into this port, and that it's only 40p more than the PC version.
  • Roddy100 19 Dec 2017 02:56:35 956 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    @FrostPan Agreed. Hard to refuse at that price. I've never played it, so looking forward to it.
  • monkman76 19 Dec 2017 08:29:58 12,187 posts
    Seen 50 seconds ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Played an hour or so. It's good, already had a few uncomfortable moral dilemmas to deal with. The Vita's screen is barely big enough to accommodate all the various documents though, I can imagine it would play better on an iPad.
  • Ror 19 Dec 2017 14:10:39 16,900 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    A remake of Catherine has been announced for PS4/Vita. Wonder if we'll see the Vita version make it over here.

EDIT More details from Gematsu.

Edited by Ror at 14:13:19 19-12-2017
  • Humperfunk 19 Dec 2017 14:23:54 7,200 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Whaaaaaat. Get in! Had that on my list to replay soon, all over that!

Saw there were rumours of a remake or sequel on PS4, no indication of Vita!
  • Ror 19 Dec 2017 14:32:35 16,900 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I should really get around to playing the original - I've only played a couple of hours of it! Luckily it's back compat on the XBO.

It sounds like there's a fair bit of new stuff in this one - almost like a P4G remake - so I'd like to experience the original first.
  • Humperfunk 19 Dec 2017 14:34:36 7,200 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Yeah just reading the additions to it in the links, a "Golden" type game it certainly sounds like!

Cross save as well, lovely news.
  • Flying_Pig 19 Dec 2017 15:10:22 15,569 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Probably not one for the train though :)
  • Humperfunk 19 Dec 2017 15:14:27 7,200 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Haha yes very good point!
  • Ror 19 Dec 2017 15:18:22 16,900 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    :D
  • FrostPan 19 Dec 2017 22:28:13 1,414 posts
    Seen 17 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Wow, didn't realise they will be adding a substantial amount of new stuff over the original. New character seems interesting. Any girl than Katherine is a plus.
  • One_Vurfed_Gwrx 20 Dec 2017 14:52:33 2,859 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Ugh, what is the point if having game timers on games if they keep counting in standby. I could understand this with PSP titles (Persona 1 is one I know of) but newer Vita titles shouldn't do this. SD Gundam G Generation Genesis being the culprit. Standby overnight as halfway through a mission and now on 17 hours played :). Not the end of the world but irritating. Game seems quite fun though.

Edit - Adventure of Mana has the same annoyance...

Edited by One_Vurfed_Gwrx at 22:13:32 29-12-2017
  • Flying_Pig 28 Dec 2017 10:03:58 15,569 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Morning everyone - I trust you all had a good Christmas etc etc.

I didn't get any Vita games this year, but did pick up Demetrios: The Big Cynical Adventure in the PSN sale. I started it this morning - seems OK so far - not especially sophisticated, but it's got a fair bit of toilet humour and lots of 'Game Over' opportunities (including one for taking a copy of your arse using the police photocopier, and accidentally shitting on it...!)

I'm also looking forward to giving Psycho-Pass: Mandatory Happiness a go when it arrives on next month's PS+
  • Roddy100 28 Dec 2017 21:11:29 956 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    No new Vita games for me, although I'm thinking of picking up Papers Please. The price is low enough to take the chance on it.

I was hoping Steamworld Dig 2 would be in the January sale, but no such luck.

P.S. Merry Christmas to all :)

Edited by Roddy100 at 21:11:58 28-12-2017
  • FatSternKikwi 29 Dec 2017 01:03:55 1,586 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    My vita has been temporarily shelved so I can spend time with my 3DS. After 3 years of only rare use, it was feeling a bit left out. Besides I now have a massive pile of games for it.

The vita still beckons though...
  • OnlyJoeKing 29 Dec 2017 01:30:50 353 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I've taken a punt on Undertale. Trying to get into a portable console rpg bedtime habit.
  • OnlyJoeKing 29 Dec 2017 01:44:18 353 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I'd been playing Pokemon Ultra Moon until now, it's relaxing but its really pissing me off with how easy it is. I don't remember the old ones being this pointless. After maybe 3 or 4 hours in I'm killing 'boss' enemies in one hit.

Might go back to some of the old ps1 classics I've got installed on the Vita; Grandia, FFIX, Suikoden II. Other recommendations welcome would be very welcome, Vita or 3DS! Or Switch for that matter, I guess.
  • markytonline83 29 Dec 2017 08:56:52 835 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Xenon Valkyrie+ gets a big recommendation from me. Perfect on the Vita, I've been waiting for a new roguelike for ages.
  • waggy79 29 Dec 2017 11:01:47 1,813 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Bought Ff7 in the steam sale, might look crude but that music is still sublime.
  • grounded_dreams 29 Dec 2017 19:13:00 54 posts
    Seen 47 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Looking for a new game suggestion/recommendation if possible.
    I'm into Rogue Like, Action, Platformers style games like:

Spelunky, Nuclear Throne, Rogue Legacy, The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth, Super Stardust Delta, Dragons Crown, Risk of Rain Darkest Dungeon, Terraria, Hotline Miami 1&2, Resogun.

Tried Xenon Valkyrie + the other day but couldn't get into it.
    Might pick up Papers, Pleas, not sure yet.

Anything people can recommend would be great :)
  • One_Vurfed_Gwrx 29 Dec 2017 22:15:46 2,859 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Flying_Pig wrote:
    Morning everyone - I trust you all had a good Christmas etc etc.

I didn't get any Vita games this year, but did pick up Demetrios: The Big Cynical Adventure in the PSN sale. I started it this morning - seems OK so far - not especially sophisticated, but it's got a fair bit of toilet humour and lots of 'Game Over' opportunities (including one for taking a copy of your arse using the police photocopier, and accidentally shitting on it...!)

I'm also looking forward to giving Psycho-Pass: Mandatory Happiness a go when it arrives on next month's PS+
    Hadn't seen that was on the PSPlus list. I really do need to finish the game (I bought the cart) as it seemed interesting enough (the font size was a bit too small though).
  • One_Vurfed_Gwrx 29 Dec 2017 22:19:04 2,859 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    grounded_dreams wrote:
    Looking for a new game suggestion/recommendation if possible.
    I'm into Rogue Like, Action, Platformers style games like:

Spelunky, Nuclear Throne, Rogue Legacy, The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth, Super Stardust Delta, Dragons Crown, Risk of Rain Darkest Dungeon, Terraria, Hotline Miami 1&2, Resogun.

Tried Xenon Valkyrie + the other day but couldn't get into it.
    Might pick up Papers, Pleas, not sure yet.

Anything people can recommend would be great :)
    Not played most of those despite having them on PSPlus but Bindingof Isaac really works well on Vita. No expansion available but plenty if content anyway. Never felt the dame on the crossbuy PS4 version. Maybe I need to get a Switch for the upgraded handheld version ;) (or see if it runs full speed on a Linx Vision...)

Dragons Crown disappointed me. I liked Muramasa and I liked the Tower of Doom/Shadows of Mystara series but I didn't like this as much and got bored quite early (it was oneof my earliest Vita purchases too)

I like the look of Darkest Dungeon but not got it yet...
  • Page

of 271 First / Last

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.