Playstation Vita Page 262

• Page

of 262 First / Last

Next
  • Humperfunk 4 Aug 2017 10:26:30 6,591 posts
    Seen 21 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Severed definitely, such a good game.

Not necessarily 'sleeper' hits but I can't talk about Vita recommendations without Danganronpa or Virtue's Last Reward!
  • GarlVinland 4 Aug 2017 10:40:05 1,771 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Flying_Pig wrote:
    SaipoSexual wrote:
    Recently picked up a Orignal Vita, how good is hotline Miami on vita perfect fit. Wanted to run emulators on it but has latest firmware, but got a good deal. Any game recommendeds have targeted the usual suspects, just looking for sleeper hits or better on Vita.
    Hotline Miami 2, Fez, Velocity 2X, Risk of Rain, Salt & Sanctuary, TxK
    I concur.
  • Flying_Pig 8 Aug 2017 09:39:45 15,313 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I was hoping for a few new sale items this week, as I always like to buy a new game or 2 to take on holiday with me...

Still, I've got one more season of WRC4 to do (the actual WRC championship) which should see me through the rest of this week, plus a bit more time mopping up the trophies.

Then it'll probably be Risk of Rain, FlameOver or Xenoraid, although I did suddenly have the urge to give Helldivers a go...

And by the time I'm back it'll only be a month before DanganRonpa V3 is out, so I'll have to organise my gaming diary around that!
  • uiruki 11 Aug 2017 08:59:55 4,325 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    In fairness, you get a lot of game for your money.
  • Flying_Pig 11 Aug 2017 09:37:14 15,313 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Shovel Knight is quality. I loved that game so much, I had to buy myself the Amiibo :)

I'm still plugging away at WRC4 - I'm on the final season (WRC championship), although it has twice as many events as previous seasons...

The game is both brilliant and awful at the same time: it doesn't look great, has very long load times, keeps trying to go online (Airplane Mode doesn't help), has a strange bug where the engine sounds occasionally fail to load, so it sounds like you'e driving a milk float and sometimes really stutters.

But, when you're in the groove, power sliding around gravel corners, missing rocks/trees/walls by inches and destroying the competition, it's a really sublime experience.
  • Barrel_Trollz 11 Aug 2017 22:02:04 741 posts
    Seen 22 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Going on a trip soon and need a game recommendation for this system, preferably something released more recently on this system, as I've played most of what's come out.

Currently considering Salt and Sanctuary, Steins;Gate Zero, though I've been in the mood for Strategy, Arcade or Adventure-y games. Also have a great love for JRPGs so keep those recommendations coming too!
  • One_Vurfed_Gwrx 11 Aug 2017 22:33:20 2,505 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Barrel_Trollz wrote:
    Going on a trip soon and need a game recommendation for this system, preferably something released more recently on this system, as I've played most of what's come out.

Currently considering Salt and Sanctuary, Steins;Gate Zero, though I've been in the mood for Strategy, Arcade or Adventure-y games. Also have a great love for JRPGs so keep those recommendations coming too!
    JRPGs that aren't the usual go-tos include Tales of Hearts R which may or may not still be on sale and YS Memories of Celceta. Both are decent rpgs of a slightly more actiony bent. I also enjoyed Muramasa in the arcade adventire category which really looks lovely on the OLED screen. If you like Mystery Dungeons there is Shiren the Wanderer 5 which was well received, although I haven't got around to playing mine yet.

Tales of Cold Steel 1 and 2 are more traditional turn based JRPGs although you might want to play the two Trails in the Sky games first (available on PSP but not sure if first got delisted recently...)

Also currently playing Tokyo Xanadu which I am really enjoying. Modern day action RPG with limited social stuff between dungeons. It really cpuld have used another editing pass for the English bit I still think it is worthwhile. Of you are physically inclined 365 games stock the UK retail version.
  • Barrel_Trollz 12 Aug 2017 03:04:36 741 posts
    Seen 22 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Sadly played Tales, Trails, Muramasa, and YS Celceta. I'll be looking into Tokyo Xanadu now!

Edited by Barrel_Trollz at 03:04:58 12-08-2017
  • Humperfunk 12 Aug 2017 04:01:38 6,591 posts
    Seen 21 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @Barrel_Trollz Ys Origins looks good - admittedly I haven't actually played it as got quite the backlog but the reviews sound awesome.

Odin Sphere is essential if too!
  • Fourfoldroot 13 Aug 2017 13:21:57 2,337 posts
    Seen 33 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @One_Vurfed_Gwrx

Just to clarify (excellent suggestions btw) that Trails of Cold Steel 1+2 do not in any way require knowledge of Sky (and apparently you can't get them all any longer). I haven't played them but familiarised myself with the storyline and it doesn't come up really at all.

I'm just about to finish the second playthrough of the first ToCS (sitting at the last boss on Nightmare diifficulty as I type this) then will be moving straight on to the sequel. Fantastic games that completely knocked my Persona 5 plat playthrough into the dust.

With the Third coming to PS4 they've asked in a poll whether we'd like a remaster of the first two. The answer has to be yes.
  • gamecat 13 Aug 2017 13:28:24 623 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    You can get the Sky games on US PSN, which you need to factory reset your Vita to get to, unlike the PS3 or 4.
  • One_Vurfed_Gwrx 13 Aug 2017 14:47:13 2,505 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Fourfoldroot wrote:
    @One_Vurfed_Gwrx

Just to clarify (excellent suggestions btw) that Trails of Cold Steel 1+2 do not in any way require knowledge of Sky (and apparently you can't get them all any longer). I haven't played them but familiarised myself with the storyline and it doesn't come up really at all.

I'm just about to finish the second playthrough of the first ToCS (sitting at the last boss on Nightmare diifficulty as I type this) then will be moving straight on to the sequel. Fantastic games that completely knocked my Persona 5 plat playthrough into the dust.

With the Third coming to PS4 they've asked in a poll whether we'd like a remaster of the first two. The answer has to be yes.
    I had heard that they were designed to be standalone for new players too. I suppose what I should have said is that I had heard they will spoil the earlier games if you plan to play them. Hopefully the Cold Steel PC ports should make PS4 an easy option and of course that Falcom have bee doing PS4 ports of tgeir last few Vita games, YSVIII and Tokyo Xanadu. I am back to playing first TitS on my windows tablet so will leave ToCS until I do them.

I forgot about Vita port of YS Origins. I haven't played through that one on PC yet but I hear it is considered one of the best YS games ganeplaywise. I hope the Vita port is decent as I may try and get it and PS4 version frrom LRG in a few weeks...
  • Barrel_Trollz 16 Aug 2017 13:07:12 741 posts
    Seen 22 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Once you're done with Trails 1 and 2 I recommend Cold Steel 1&2, then play Trails 3.

Trails 3 is excellent btw, my favorite game in the series actually. Combat is more exciting (and boss battles are way more hardcore requiring better positioning and timing), story is self-paced which is a cool idea (I think it works well), and the music is the best yet. Heartily recommend that any past Trails fans pick it up on PC if you can.

Especially since they're in the process of testing a DX9 port of the game which solves most hardware configuration conflicts and allows you to use your GPU on laptops. Native 4K, woo!

I've also picked up Xcom in the humble bundle \o/ and I ended up with Salt and Sanctuary, too, which I'm excited for. I'll probably be crap at it, mind.

Edited by Barrel_Trollz at 13:08:33 16-08-2017
  • Page

of 262 First / Last

Next

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.