Playstation Vita Page 260

• Page

of 269 First / Last

• grounded_dreams 29 Jun 2017 13:04:43 51 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Thinking of picking up Darkest Dungeon while PSN has the general discount at the moment. Anyone played it on the handheld, how does it hold up? From looking at footage on Twitch seems to be alot of information onscreen, wasn't sure if this is the best way to play it.
    Shame the new DLC The Crimson Court, isn't on the Vita (nor PS4) yet.
  • Mola_Ram 29 Jun 2017 13:22:15 16,575 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I have it on Vita, and have played maybe 20 minutes of it. It probably gets better, but the teeny tiny text and dense volumes of information kind of put me off. It didn't seem well optimised for a handheld at all.
  • grounded_dreams 29 Jun 2017 14:36:44 51 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Yesterday it was discounted to £14.39, put some credit onto my account this morning and just went to purchase it and now the PSN store shows it back to its £17.99. Thought the latest EU sale was supposed to last until the 6th July.

Shame.
  • wuntyphyve 29 Jun 2017 14:40:44 9,653 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    That's a pity. If you do see it redeuced again though I would recommend it. Put a fair few hours into the vita version and, yes, it is needlessly fiddly and the text is a bit small. Once you get used to it however its fantastic.
  • Flying_Pig 30 Jun 2017 18:08:06 15,524 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    The Long Reach coming this autumn
  • Yautja_Warrior 1 Jul 2017 19:07:16 43 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Anyone using Henkaku on their Vita, looks like MicroSD card support is incoming, thanks to some clever folk in the hacking scene.

Pretty awesome news if you have the a Vita on the correct firmware.

https://www.reddit.com/r/vitahacks/comments/6kcvga/ps_vita_gamecard_to_microsd_adapter_poc/
  • BearFishPie 1 Jul 2017 20:45:07 448 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    After jonesing for a fix of Xcom for a while I've finally given the Vita port a shake. It's nothing short of incredible having the full fat version on the go. Although it occasionally looks a wee bit ropey graphically , and the loading times are a bit longer than I'd like when loading and leaving missions, these issues don't really amount to anything significant. Honestly I'm chuffed to bits with it.
  • Flying_Pig 4 Jul 2017 09:25:14 15,524 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    So close to the end of Ratchet & Clank HD, but it's maddeningly frustrating! Huge gaps between check points force you to replay large sections over and over again, all the while you're using up your ammo...

I just want it to be over /o\
  • FrostPan 4 Jul 2017 17:14:59 1,386 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Some great looking recently released Vita titles lately.

Tokyo Xanadu looks great, but the fact that the PS4 & PC are getting more of a complete version later this year makes the Vita release less appealing for me.

Nurse Love Addiction is actually meant to be a really good, emotional visual novel, if you don't mind the yuri genre. Heck, I take yuri over yet another otome one. £33 seems steep though, so may get it later down the line, hopefully in a sale.

Chaos;Child is scheduled to come out sometime in September. I looked up some footage of it.
    Looks interesting. For the uninitiated, it's part of a Science Adventure series, which Steins;Gate is a part of. I guess the semi-colon in the title explains it. So absolutely worth a look if you are a fan of the latter title. Also coming to PS4.

And of course, Danganronpa V3 is coming at the end of September. There's been a new trailer and gameplay footage since, but it seems to have minor spoilers if you are already invested in the series. So it's up to you whether you want check the stuff out.

Edited by FrostPan at 17:18:51 04-07-2017
  • Flying_Pig 5 Jul 2017 09:34:49 15,524 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Ratchet & Clank can do one! The second hoverboard race is next to impossible and is extremely frustrating - the only way to win is to get both short cuts, the first of which is extremely risky and you're more likely to end up in the water.

I'll try again, as I managed to complete the original on PS2, but I wonder whether the small screen and slightly shonky Vita port has made this even more difficult...

So I've parked R&C and started Neon Chrome instead (one of last month's PS+ games) - it's pretty good so far. A twin stick shooter rogue-like, albeit being able to upgrade after each run (similar to Rogue Legacy). I reached the first boss, but got beaten, so it's back to the start to upgrade my character. Fortunately the levels are random, so its always new and interesting.

There's also a massive sale on PSN from today - definitely some bargains worth checking out!
  • Flying_Pig 5 Jul 2017 09:37:04 15,524 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    @FrostPan Some great titles there - Tokyo Xanadu looks really interesting, although I don't think I'd have the courage to play something called Nurse Love Addiction on my daily commute. Hatoful Boyfriend was bad enough!

Chaos;Child and DanganRompa V3 are top of my 'buy' list - although typical that both are due in September /o\

Do we know if Chaos;Child will get a physical release?
  • One_Vurfed_Gwrx 5 Jul 2017 10:33:14 2,798 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Chaos;Child is Pqube so should be physical. Also, plenty of places seem to have preorders up ;)
  • Flying_Pig 5 Jul 2017 13:16:16 15,524 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    One_Vurfed_Gwrx wrote:
    Chaos;Child is Pqube so should be physical. Also, plenty of places seem to have preorders up ;)
    \o/
  • Flying_Pig 6 Jul 2017 09:57:47 15,524 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Neon Chrome is actually really good!

I've now beaten the first 2 bosses and am well on my way to the 3rd - as well as upgrading your characters after each run, there are plenty of upgrades available during each playthrough.

Quality stuff and a really pleasant surprise :)

Edited by Flying_Pig at 09:58:17 06-07-2017
  • cs96and 6 Jul 2017 10:15:46 182 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @Flying_Pig I've played it a bit on PS4 (didn't realize there was a Vita version) and I would say its "quite" good, as opposed to "really" good :p

Might have to give it a bit more time, see if it starts to click.

Edited by cs96and at 10:15:58 06-07-2017
  • Flying_Pig 6 Jul 2017 18:10:51 15,524 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Chaos;Child preview ish.

Apologies in advance for the awful website :)
  • One_Vurfed_Gwrx 6 Jul 2017 18:36:20 2,798 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I don't mind RPGFan, it is one of my regularly checked sites. I did see that preview earlier. Might watch the vid later. I need to finish off the PC Chaos;Head. It is a shame that there is no PS4 C;H Noah so we could have got an official translation of that and the Vita version (the version we really care about).
  • cjb_bjc 7 Jul 2017 00:42:57 1,897 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Neon Chrome is a perfect vita game for me. Any rogue like works perfectly on it, and this is no exception.
  • Flying_Pig 7 Jul 2017 09:03:45 15,524 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    cjb_bjc wrote:
    Neon Chrome is a perfect vita game for me. Any rogue like works perfectly on it, and this is no exception.
    Agree - the combat mechanics are spot on here too - I especially like how you can shoot through walls :)

I didn't quite get to the 3rd boss, but like how you can start a new run on the level after each boss, so you don't always have to start from the beginning if you don't want to...

Apparently one of this month's PS+ games - 'Don't Die Mr Robot' is meant to be pretty good. Has anyone played it?
  • cjb_bjc 11 Jul 2017 22:25:28 1,897 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Was just coming to ask if anyone had tried the new plus games and if they were worth downloading?
  • markytonline83 11 Jul 2017 22:28:05 823 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Don't die Mr Robot is pretty good, not tried the other. It's a good game to play for 10 minutes here and there.
  • OnlyJoeKing 11 Jul 2017 23:25:14 312 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @cjb_bjc Neon Chrome looks great fun. How does it run on the Vita? Reckon it's worth full whack, or wait for a sale?
  • Barrel_Trollz 12 Jul 2017 00:43:20 754 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Neon chrome is a bit choppy from what I played. Doesn't look very good for it either... Should have just locked the frame rate at 30fps instead of the unsettling 30-60 lurch. But it seems fun enough.
  • Flying_Pig 12 Jul 2017 13:29:04 15,524 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Yeah, Neon Chrome is decent, but I'd definitely wait for a sale...
  • 2old4disshit 12 Jul 2017 13:56:46 476 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    The graphics arent great and at first I thought it was a bit dull, but just wait until you get to the bosses. I am now stuck on the 'Caretaker', gonna need to go back and level up a bit I think.

Its like a cross between geometry wars, killzone(psp) and frozen synapse
  • Flying_Pig 12 Jul 2017 16:28:20 15,524 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    2old4disshit wrote:
    The graphics arent great and at first I thought it was a bit dull, but just wait until you get to the bosses. I am now stuck on the 'Caretaker', gonna need to go back and level up a bit I think.

Its like a cross between geometry wars, killzone(psp) and frozen synapse
    That's a great description actually. I've just reached the 3rd boss for the first time and will tackle him on my way home tonight :)

I really do like how each run enables you to unlock more weapons/mods etc, as well as pure cash, so there's a definite benefit of starting from lvl 1 each time, even though you don't need to. I've got to the point where the first 10 levels are a total breeze :)
  • Roddy100 13 Jul 2017 02:05:05 948 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Finished Volume. It didn't last me long but was very fun and engaging. I was surprised at how easy it was to get the Platinum trophy.

Now I need to find another Vita game to play...
  • Flying_Pig 17 Jul 2017 10:56:34 15,524 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Neon Chrome done, so back to see if I can beat the damn hoverboard race in Ratchet & Clank...
  • 2old4disshit 17 Jul 2017 11:09:43 476 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Also beat Neon Chrome, Overseer 1.0

Seems like you can keep playing and try to beat 2.0, then 3.0 ....
  • Flying_Pig 17 Jul 2017 12:58:58 15,524 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    2old4disshit wrote:
    Also beat Neon Chrome, Overseer 1.0

Seems like you can keep playing and try to beat 2.0, then 3.0 ....
    Indeed, I did consider another run in the hope of unlocking more trophies, but realised that as much as I'd enjoyed Neon Chrome, I'd rather move on to something else.

Enjoyable game though :)
  • Page

of 269 First / Last

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.