Playstation Vita Page 255

• Page

of 266 First / Last

• FrostPan 10 May 2017 00:05:52 1,355 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    It's really nice to see Persona 4 talk here. Amazing game. I still need to eventually do my NG+ playthrough to get all the social links and get the best girl. Loving Persona 5 atm.

I actually plan to play Danganronpa 2 soon as well. I beated the first game last year and loved it. Which is funny because I remember asking on here on whether I should get Danganronpa or Steins;Gate (I got both), and I still haven't completed the latter title, even though I paid more for it back then.

Unfortunately it's been so long I last played Steins;Gate, so I would need to start it again from the beginning. I think I clocked about 25+ hours the last time, which is why I haven't been too enthusiastic on starting it again sooner.

In terms of new releases, The Caligula Effect seems pretty good. Although it seems it has now been delayed indefinitely for EU, even though it's been out in the US for a week now.

EDIT: Seems the delay was short-lived. It's out!

Edited by FrostPan at 01:16:24 10-05-2017
  • retro74 10 May 2017 07:28:38 2,038 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @Ror no that's fine, just hearing about how other people approached things is useful to hear
  • Decap 10 May 2017 08:42:42 119 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I have been playing P4G (for the first time) as well, so far clocked 42hours. It's a good game but not the messiah-all time best that every: "Vitas best games" -list hype it to be.
    It's grindy and it has a huge amount of repetition. I don't find the dungeons interesting and most of the boss battles are a chore, taking ages to finish. And if you don't want to be one-shotted in the end you need to grind levels between dungeons which takes hours.
    +The same one goddamn pop-song plays on every fight, I can't believe it hasn't been mentioned anywhere as a negative.
    ~80h that this takes to finish is just way too much imo. I feel like I have been doing the same shit over and over after the 15h mark and just grind to slowly see the plot develop.
    That being said I still think the game is good, but not great. :|
  • solidsneek 10 May 2017 09:16:01 359 posts
    Seen 17 minutes ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    How is the vita to ps4 crossplay? Any lag? looking at playing games like watchdogs etc?

Also can you play ps1/ps2 titles on there from the store?
  • dominalien 10 May 2017 09:19:05 8,237 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Surely you mean remote play? Cross play is the sharing of saves. There's a lag there, because they need time to up/download.

Remote play is excellent.
  • One_Vurfed_Gwrx 10 May 2017 09:29:19 2,577 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    And Vita will play PS1 Store games natively but not PS2 (I suppose it might on remoteplay with the PS4 updates for PS2 games...). It suits most PS1 games very well with the smaller screen making the old graphics look better than they would stretched to 40plus inches of 1080p.
  • solidsneek 10 May 2017 09:32:38 359 posts
    Seen 17 minutes ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    Sorry I did mean remote play (as in take it off my tv straight to the vita) So it's all done on WIFI connection which mine is very fast there's no lag from the ps4 to vita?
  • Flying_Pig 10 May 2017 09:33:39 15,377 posts
    Seen 56 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    solidsneek wrote:
    How is the vita to ps4 crossplay? Any lag? looking at playing games like watchdogs etc?

Remote play is generally excellent, but does vary from game to game - I probably wouldn't play something fast-paced like COD over RP, and the button layout doesn't always translate well from the DS4 pad to the Vita (due to lack of L2/R2 buttons).

That said, almost everything I have played over Remote Play has been brilliant :)
  • jagg3r 10 May 2017 09:41:03 1,314 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Flying_Pig wrote:
    solidsneek wrote:

Remote play is generally excellent, but does vary from game to game - I probably wouldn't play something fast-paced like COD over RP, and the button layout doesn't always translate well from the DS4 pad to the Vita (due to lack of L2/R2 buttons).

That said, almost everything I have played over Remote Play has been brilliant :)
    Im the opposite.I've always found remote play fairly flaky at best. I've had 2 vita's and never had much luck with remote play. I've good wifi all over the house.I might have a setting wrong but for me I wouldn't buy a vita just for the remote play.The hugh indie backlog is where the vita shines :)_
  • solidsneek 10 May 2017 09:48:41 359 posts
    Seen 17 minutes ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    I think the games are the main reason however crossplay is an upside!
  • Flying_Pig 10 May 2017 09:53:42 15,377 posts
    Seen 56 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    jagg3r wrote:
    Flying_Pig wrote:
    solidsneek wrote:

Im the opposite.I've always found remote play fairly flaky at best. I've had 2 vita's and never had much luck with remote play. I've good wifi all over the house.I might have a setting wrong but for me I wouldn't buy a vita just for the remote play.The hugh indie backlog is where the vita shines :)_
    I've found the Remote Play performance to be much better if you link the Vita directly with the PS4, rather than via your Router. There's a setting on Vita (I think) to link it directly.
  • solidsneek 10 May 2017 09:55:24 359 posts
    Seen 17 minutes ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    Flying_Pig wrote:
    jagg3r wrote:
    Flying_Pig wrote:
    solidsneek wrote:

I've found the Remote Play performance to be much better if you link the Vita directly with the PS4, rather than via your Router. There's a setting on Vita (I think) to link it directly.
    Ah so you can buy a wire and literally wire it to your ps4??

That also sounds pretty good.
  • jagg3r 10 May 2017 10:00:34 1,314 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @solidsneek No. The Ps4 has wifi internally just for remote play.I think lol
  • Flying_Pig 10 May 2017 10:26:03 15,377 posts
    Seen 56 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Yeah, sorry - my explanation wasn't very clear - by direct link, I mean wirelessly, but without going through your router.

There's a decent step-by-step setup guide here
  • solidsneek 10 May 2017 10:36:01 359 posts
    Seen 17 minutes ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    Ah awesome

I know the vita's are reasonably cheap now and the DS is dying out for sure.
  • dominalien 10 May 2017 11:30:58 8,237 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    The direct Wifi link from PS4 to Vita is OK if you're close (as in, the same room or not much further away).

If you want to go to the other side of the house with it, you need to go through the router and a Wifi access point fairly close to you. The sensible way to go about this is connect the PS4 with a network cable to the router, as having both the PS4 and Vita simultaneously try to transmit lots of data over Wifi is going to make transfer speeds plummet.

I've been playing a lot via remote play and generally have no problems. Of the ones I'd played recently, the likes of Nier, Shadow of Mordor, Tomb Raider, Horizon, Alien: Isolation were all playable (IMO, OFC). Some games control better, some worse. Most will automatically adjust control schemes to better fit the Vita. Some even go so far as to show different button labels when you're connected with it. It's all really pretty well done.

Edited by dominalien at 11:33:32 10-05-2017
  • dominalien 10 May 2017 11:37:10 8,237 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    The only downside with the direct link/via router connections I can see is that you can't change this from the Vita itself, you have to disconnect, go to the PS4's settings, toggle the switch and reconnect. I'd love to be able to switch the connection methods on the go without turning on the TV, when I want to move from the living room to the back of the house.
  • solidsneek 10 May 2017 12:02:06 359 posts
    Seen 17 minutes ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    Yeah my PS4 is always hooked up to Ethernet to be fair so I am hoping it doesn't affect me in that way. Those games being handled on the vita dominalien which gives me hop as it would be like wildlands, watch dogs etc.
  • solidsneek 10 May 2017 22:37:15 359 posts
    Seen 17 minutes ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    Looks like may be some issues buying these now? Not many people stock in the uk?
  • The_Goon 11 May 2017 10:17:18 516 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I have been amazed by remote play. Absolutely mind bogglingly good stuff. I've played Sleeping Dogs, Last Guardian and Rocket League remotely from my mother's house (a good 70 miles from my house/PS4) and only suffered the most minor of lag.

I should add that, whilst playing remotely at home, I can't notice any discernible lag.

Edited by The_Goon at 10:18:23 11-05-2017
  • jagg3r 11 May 2017 10:31:41 1,314 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @solidsneek Competitive Dad is selling one on the May swaps thread this morning.
  • solidsneek 11 May 2017 10:31:56 359 posts
    Seen 17 minutes ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    How does that work in terms of not being on WIFI in the house and being so far away?
  • The_Goon 11 May 2017 11:09:14 516 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @solidsneek Magic as far as I've gathered! In all seriousness, it appears to somehow remotely connect through the net. When you start up the remote play process, it initially scans for the PS4 on your local network and then does a wider search if that fails. I'll see if I can put a video together at some point.
  • solidsneek 11 May 2017 11:12:26 359 posts
    Seen 17 minutes ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    Awesome thank you!
  • Ror 11 May 2017 11:50:45 16,043 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Decap wrote:
    +The same one goddamn pop-song plays on every fight, I can't believe it hasn't been mentioned anywhere as a negative.
    There's a standard battle theme, a player advantage battle theme, and a boss battle theme. That's very typical for the genre, to be fair.

The dungeon crawling is balls though.
  • FrostPan 11 May 2017 14:09:22 1,355 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @Flying_Pig

Just saw recently that Trails In The Sky The 3rd is out on PC. Will you play it on PC?

I need to get around in trying out the series finally.
  • uiruki 11 May 2017 14:44:31 4,375 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    If you do, give it a bit of time as it takes its time to get going. Once you're in you're in, though.
  • One_Vurfed_Gwrx 11 May 2017 15:06:24 2,577 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    TitS 1 is a game I was halfway through when I got distracted, but on PC so will shut up about it now ;) (seemed the sensible format to play with all 3 being on PC and PSP stopping at 2nd).

Vita still being used mainly for PSP Persona 1, with Super Robot Wars V being the cart inserted...
  • Ror 11 May 2017 15:32:08 16,043 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I still haven't finished TitS FC /o\ I think I was at the tournament, so fairly far in..? SC never seems to go on sale on PSN either, so I think I might just switch to PC with that instalment seeing as The 3rd is only on that platform.
  • dankcushions 11 May 2017 17:56:16 298 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    Decap wrote:
    I have been playing P4G (for the first time) as well, so far clocked 42hours. It's a good game but not the messiah-all time best that every: "Vitas best games" -list hype it to be.
    It's grindy and it has a huge amount of repetition. I don't find the dungeons interesting and most of the boss battles are a chore, taking ages to finish. And if you don't want to be one-shotted in the end you need to grind levels between dungeons which takes hours.
    sorry to be that guy, but why do you need to grind? i never did any grinding in P4G (except for some quest items but i soon gave up on the quests as they are mostly pointless). levelling up isn't that useful as most fights are won by exploiting some weakness. you could probably do the whole game at a very low level.
  • Page

of 266 First / Last

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.