Playstation Vita Page 254

• Page

of 265 First / Last

• BearFishPie 4 May 2017 09:37:39 394 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @Flying_Pig I'm stuck in exactly the same predicament! To be fair, it's a nice one to have as predicaments go.
  • One_Vurfed_Gwrx 4 May 2017 09:59:48 2,569 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    The Switch can wait until it Shin Megami Tensei and Xenoblade 2 make it out (and hopefully a lrice drop or decent bundle). Then again I haven't finished my SMT backlog or either Xenoblade so...

My Vita backlog is fairly meaty too.
  • uiruki 4 May 2017 10:00:07 4,370 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    @Flying_Pig it's not too bad actually - it's a bit of a faff to transfer saves now after having it just go across but the hardware is pocketable and I don't need to bring a detachable 3.5mm headphone cord with me either.
  • Flying_Pig 5 May 2017 14:13:15 15,359 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    My initial impressions of Persona 4: Dancing All Night weren't that great. I'd played for over an hour and all I'd done was 2 brief tutorials and say through a lot of dialogue. Fortunately I've played enough of P4G to be familiar with the returning characters to see me though.

However, now that I've finished the first chapter, this have stepped up a bit, with much more dancing going on :)

I guess I hadn't really expected any type of storyline, and that I'd be launched straight into the core game itself.

I am missing Salt & Sanctuary, though...

Edited by Flying_Pig at 16:56:08 05-05-2017
  • markytonline83 5 May 2017 15:03:48 802 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Flying_Pig wrote:
    My initial impression of Persona 4: Dancing All Night weren't that great. I'd played for over an hour and all I'd done was 2 brief tutorials and say through a lot of dialogue. Fortunately I've played enough of P4G to be familiar with the returning characters to see me though.

However, now that I've finished the first chapter, this have stepped up a bit, with much more dancing going on :)

I guess I hadn't really expected any type of storyline, and that I'd be launched straight into the core game itself.

I am missing Salt & Sanctuary, though...
    It's the only rhythm action game I've ever platinum'd. I enjoyed it.
  • Flying_Pig 5 May 2017 16:56:44 15,359 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    It's a genre I've really struggled with (although I love the Guitar Hero/Rock Band games), as I lack the necessary coordination, but I'm hoping that as it's Persona, then I might have better luck with it than the other games I've tried :)

Now that some actual dancing involved, I'm enjoying it much more than my first hour or so
  • Barrel_Trollz 6 May 2017 01:12:38 743 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Is Salt and Sanctuary a roguelike? I haven't enjoyed a single roguelike game. It's getting good reception but I hope it's for me.
  • Mola_Ram 6 May 2017 02:53:54 15,948 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    No, it's not a roguelike at all.

Edited by Mola_Ram at 03:24:50 06-05-2017
  • Flying_Pig 6 May 2017 10:11:01 15,359 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Salt & Sanctuary is essentially a 2D Demon's Souls. And that description does neither game a disservice.
  • uiruki 8 May 2017 14:07:35 4,370 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Travelled the length of the country today, no bother with the Vita even given the narrow train seats. Sitting on the outside might have been awkward with a switch but not so with the narrower Vita.
  • Flying_Pig 9 May 2017 09:50:59 15,359 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Last night I was looking at some of the Vita titles which are due later this year, along with a few which have dropped off the radar...

Games definitely coming:
    DanganRonpa V3
    The Nonary Games (999 & VLR)
    Shu
    Ys Origins
    God Wars Future Past
    Valkyria Revolution
    Mary Skelter: Nightmares
    Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana
    Cosmic Star Heroine
    Oceanhorn: Monster of Uncharted Seas
    Rainbow Skies

MIA
    Shakedown Hawaii
    The Banner Saga
    VA-11 Hall-A
    YIIK
    2064: Read Only Memories
    Mighty No.9
    Papers, please
    Death Ray Manta
    Assault Android Cactus

It's certainly not an exhaustive list, and I don't know if all of these are any good...

Still, that's quite a few to keep me busy through the remainder of the year, even ignoring my substantial backlog!

Edited by Flying_Pig at 09:52:11 09-05-2017
  • dominalien 9 May 2017 10:19:07 8,237 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    So many awesome games! /o\

I finished Root Letter and was thinking of getting back to Persona 4 (on PS2), but am back to playing Danganronpa instead (in chapter 3). My last save was from 2015.

I really need to get P4 out of the way one of these days, but the PS2 isn't really connected anywhere any more and it's just so much more convenient to just take out the Vita anywhere I am and have a go.

Edited by dominalien at 10:27:29 09-05-2017
  • Humperfunk 9 May 2017 10:50:50 6,753 posts
    Seen 29 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Danganronpa, oof. Finished it again on PS4 last month just before Persona 5 came out. As soon as I am done with that (65 hours and counting!) I am replaying Danganronpa 2 ready for the third!
  • Flying_Pig 9 May 2017 13:18:23 15,359 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    dominalien wrote:
    So many awesome games! /o\
    I know, right? Of the confirmed ones, I'll be day-1 on DanganRonpa, Cosmic Star Heroine, The Nonary Games (Yes, I know it's out in the US), and am seriously interested in Oceanhorn and Mary Skelter.

That ignores my monster backlog, which includes the 2nd half of P4G, Trails of Cold Steel 1 & II, Disgaea 3, The Ratchet & Clank Trilogy and Toukiden Kiwami

So as much as I'm coveting Nintendo's shiny new hardware and the prospect of a new Zelda game, there's plenty on Sony's little black gem to keep me busy for the rest of 2017 - at least!
  • Ror 9 May 2017 13:44:34 15,981 posts
    Seen 15 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Don't forget we'll finally be seeing more of 13 Sentinels at E3, too.

I still have a ton of unplayed Vita games, so I'm kind of glad there's not a lot I want on the Switch at the moment. As it stands, I only have Zelda, Mario Kart and Puyo Puyo Tetris, and the latter two are games I'll be dipping into here and there anyway.

I still have a 3DS backlog too /o\ A mate just got me DQ8 as a birthday present as well. I'll never finish all these games...
  • The_Goon 9 May 2017 13:44:59 507 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I think I may need to restart my P4G game. I got a bit bored I think and gave up playing over a year ago so can barely remember what is going on. I'd sunk at least 15 hours in so I may try to continue if possible.
  • Ror 9 May 2017 13:47:12 15,981 posts
    Seen 15 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Just do it. I stopped playing a 66 hours and then recently restarted :p
  • One_Vurfed_Gwrx 9 May 2017 14:00:52 2,569 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Danganronpa v3 is high on my list. It is a shame that only the PS4 version is getting a launch edition though as I would like the 3rd (skinny I imagine) artbook but cannot justify the size and cost of the LE (the YS VIII LE though...)

Mary Skelter is a maybe as I like my DRPGs. I like the look of Cosmic Star Heroine if they do a decent port (managing to get the filesize down for the LRG physical release to happen would be nice too) YS Origin likewise if they patch it up in time for the physical releases. YS VII, I want the LE and I like the idea of the game handheld but the PS4 version having extra stuff has left me having to consider which to get. Same with Tokyo Xanadu EX+ which is out soon on Vita (at least the enganced PS4 version is coming later in the year for this one).

I also have a preorder for the first of the Utawarerumono games on Vita to see if it is any good. Summon Night 6 is this month too and preordered. And Operation Babel will arrive this week (but I need to play through the prequel first). And like everyone else I still have the massive Vita backlog to deal with...
  • Ror 9 May 2017 14:33:08 15,981 posts
    Seen 15 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I need to get caught up on Danganronpa. Might play the second one after I (finally!) finish P4G.
  • Flying_Pig 9 May 2017 15:07:13 15,359 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    A decent break between playing DanganRonpa 1 and 2 is a good thing, as the characters in the second are all new (Mostly ;P) and initially don't seem as good as the original ones...
  • Ror 9 May 2017 15:16:50 15,981 posts
    Seen 15 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    It's been a fair while already. I have the anime on blu ray and was considering watching that before starting 2, as something of a refresher.
  • BearFishPie 9 May 2017 16:51:45 394 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @Ror I'd give it a wee break between P4G and Danganronpa 2 if I were you, if only because the similarity of the social linky stuff combined with the dissimilarity of the art and writing styles can be a tad jarring.

Absolutely do play DR2 though, despite a couple of weak aspects compared with the first (including some off-putting fanservice) it's a worthy follow up, especially towards the end game.
  • dominalien 9 May 2017 17:24:21 8,237 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    999 only comes in a bundle, right? Not that it's going to stop me getting it, even though I'm done with VLR.
  • dominalien 9 May 2017 17:29:13 8,237 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I stopped playing P4 at some 25 hours shortly after getting it and years later just got back in with no problem. Right now I just need to give it some serious attention and make some real progress. I tend to concentrate on one game once I can smell the end looming on the horizon. Maybe during the summer ;-)
  • Flying_Pig 9 May 2017 17:58:05 15,359 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    dominalien wrote:
    999 only comes in a bundle, right? Not that it's going to stop me getting it, even though I'm done with VLR.
    Yes, I think so. But I seem to recall that VLR has also had a bit of a polish, so might be worth checking out as well.
  • Ror 9 May 2017 18:43:12 15,981 posts
    Seen 15 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @BearFishPie Yeah, that's a good shout, actually. Maybe I'll play something fairly short in-between. Maybe htoL#NiQ, as that's still on the backlog...

I will play it though - I already have it (and UDG) sitting on the shelf, and I loved the first one.
  • retro74 9 May 2017 22:06:59 2,037 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I've started playing Persona 4 again, really enjoying it this time

However I am finding the boss battles quite annoying. I'm merrily chipping away at the bosses 5000 HP keeping my party at full health

It's got a tiny sliver of health left and then it just one shots my full health party

Is it normal for that to happen? Just done it three times and it took me over an hour easily for what is now zero progress

Is it just a question of perseverance?
  • BearFishPie 9 May 2017 22:45:18 394 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @retro74 It's been a long while since I played through the main game but I can recall some of the boss battles being tough. If the one-shot move is telegraphed try guarding it, otherwise it might be worth keeping an eye on the boss's health and keeping someone on guard ready to revive the rest. Alternatively you might need to level up a bit more?
  • retro74 9 May 2017 23:15:17 2,037 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I can't really level up now as I've only one day to complete the dungeon

I'll just have to keep trying - I know it's coming but the boss is just too powerful, it nearly kills me with most attacks
  • Ror 9 May 2017 23:34:33 15,981 posts
    Seen 15 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I got stuck on a boss way out near the end of the game, I think. I had time to grind, but just couldn't be arsed, so I abandoned the game instead.

I don't so much mind the battle system - it's fairly standard turn-based fare, after all - but it's the dungeon crawling. I just couldn't face going through those corridors again.

I'm currently playing it through on Very Easy, which is literally impossible to lose :)

That doesn't really help you though, sorry :/
  • Page

of 265 First / Last

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.