The Bomb Page 9

• Page

of 9 First / Last

Next
  • Deleted user 18 June 2015 15:56:18
    Just out of interest discosalad, how many of those games have you played?
  • JiveHound 18 Jun 2015 15:57:16 8,394 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    There is so much wrong with your argument I don't even know where to begin.
  • JiveHound 18 Jun 2015 15:58:20 8,394 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @MrTomFTW Ha! Was it from that? Here's me thinking he was a wit too.
  • mikew1985 18 Jun 2015 16:08:52 14,431 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I think out of all three console manufacturers Nintendo should be criticised least for not taking big bets.

Most of the consoles they have made have been big bets. Wii U was a bet that didn't work out but at the time it was announced you could kind of understand what they were potentially going for.
  • MrTomFTW Best Moderator, 2016 18 Jun 2015 16:13:02 46,991 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    @JiveHound About 3:18 :)

• nickthegun 18 Jun 2015 16:17:53 71,343 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Basically, the top ten Wii U games would take the Pepsi Challenge against the top ten of any console.

The problem is, that's all it got. Ten games.
  • JiveHound 18 Jun 2015 16:18:39 8,394 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @MrTomFTW

Of course. To be fair to him it probably a standard military insult.
  • Deleted user 18 June 2015 16:20:36
    nickthegun wrote:
    Basically, the top ten Wii U games would take the Pepsi Challenge against the top ten of any console.

And some magical unicorns that you just don't get on other platforms.
  • Armoured_Bear 18 Jun 2015 16:22:52 20,174 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Pinky_Floyd wrote:
    nickthegun wrote:

And some magical unicorns that you just don't get on other platforms.
    The fairy dust is the icing on the cake.
  • nickthegun 18 Jun 2015 16:23:43 71,343 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I think that went without saying.
  • Deleted user 18 June 2015 16:29:37
    There seems to be life in the old dog yet at least to keep us entertained at a few key points throughout the year.

Yoshi might be good, hopefully a lot better than Kirby and more up to the quality of DKCTF

Devils Third might not be a turd.

Xenoblade may not be an overlong borefest.

Super Mario Maker should keep us entertained for half an hour.

Starfox is Starfox and should provide a few hours shooty fun.

Mario tennis might end up being ok.

I mean there's other stuff too, Fast Racing Neo for one.

The rest of this year really isn't that bad, or at least has the potential to not be that bad.

Next year though?

L O effing L!
  • Armoured_Bear 18 Jun 2015 16:31:21 20,174 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    discosalad wrote:
    I really found this years E3 to be a huge slap in the face of fans. It's never been clearer to me that Nintendo doesn't listen to fans.

Sony once strayed from the fans and paid the price. Microsoft stopped listening to fans and got arrogant and also paid the price with Xbox One.

And Nintendo just seems to be in that state of mind permanently. How long have fans been begging for a proper new Metroid Prime game? For Mario Galaxy HD remakes and a new Mario Galaxy game? For a peek at Zelda at this E3? I really don't understand why they dislike their Mario Galaxy games so much. They seem really out of touch, and keep inviting bad PR without concern.

Then you look at Sony. They listen to their fans. They unveiled FF7, Last Guardian, and even Shenmue 3.
    Sony needed a huge fall from grace before they started listening to their fans.
    Nintendo may get there eventually.
  • Armoured_Bear 18 Jun 2015 16:32:38 20,174 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Pinky_Floyd wrote:
    There seems to be life in the old dog yet at least to keep us entertained at a few key points throughout the year.

Yoshi might be good, hopefully a lot better than Kirby and more up to the quality of DKCTF

Devils Third might not be a turd.

Xenoblade may not be an overlong borefest.

Super Mario Maker should keep us entertained for half an hour.

Starfox is Starfox and should provide a few hours shooty fun.

Mario tennis might end up being ok.

I mean there's other stuff too, Fast Racing Neo for one.

The rest of this year really isn't that bad, or at least has the potential to not be that bad.

Next year though?

L O effing L!
    Even if Xenoblade is an overlong borefest, I'm sure I'll love it :)
    There's bugger all next year, if that's what it takes for Nx to have a decent launch, I can handle it :)
  • Deleted user 18 June 2015 16:34:57
    discosalad wrote:
    I really found this years E3 to be a huge slap in the face of fans. It's never been clearer to me that Nintendo doesn't listen to fans.

Sony once strayed from the fans and paid the price. Microsoft stopped listening to fans and got arrogant and also paid the price with Xbox One.

And Nintendo just seems to be in that state of mind permanently. How long have fans been begging for a proper new Metroid Prime game? For Mario Galaxy HD remakes and a new Mario Galaxy game? For a peek at Zelda at this E3? I really don't understand why they dislike their Mario Galaxy games so much. They seem really out of touch, and keep inviting bad PR without concern.

Then you look at Sony. They listen to their fans. They unveiled FF7, Last Guardian, and even Shenmue 3.
    There's nothing else Nintendo can do. They don't have the resources to develop games for the Wii U when it's on it's last legs and also get games made for NX. They know exactly what the fans want, but it would not be commercially sensible at this stage to give it to them. Better to throw everything at NX and not repeat the same mistakes they always do. Having said that, they'll probably still make those same mistakes cos they never learn.

You know how long Last Guardian has been in development yeah? You know you likely won't see it until 2017?

Shenmue 3 is several years away.

While I enjoyed FF7 immensely first time around, if they don't change a lot of stuff I couldn't be bothered again, I could make a cup of tea in the time it took to cast Knights Of The Round.

Sony themselves admitted their line up for this year was sparse.

Edited by Pinky_Floyd at 16:35:49 18-06-2015
  • JiveHound 18 Jun 2015 16:45:43 8,394 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    With all this rhetoric of Nintendo not giving fans what they want they seem to forget that the Metroids just don't do the numbers it would take to make a new Prime justice.

However the Souls series has become pretty big so maybe there's hope in the future for adventure games that don't lead people by the nose.
  • Armoured_Bear 18 Jun 2015 21:33:33 20,174 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    PirateRoberts wrote:
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    Fake_Blood wrote:
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    Fake_Blood wrote:
    I doubt nintendo has the know-how to build a powerfull console.
    Why on earth wouldn't they?

Hey, AMD - do us a custom APU with more or less this horsepower, thanks
    Uhu, it's slightly more complicated than ordering the right parts.
    Of course it is but there's no reason whatsoever why nintendo plus amd/nvidia couldn't come up with a powerful console.
    More like... “hey IBM, you do all our IT stuff and network services, and have made all three of our last three consoles CPUs; one of which was copied to make the 360, any chance you can help make us one based on your higher end products?”
    What modern, efficient, low power CPUs could IBM supply?
  • JoelStinty 18 Jun 2015 22:30:36 5,610 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    discosalad wrote:

They need to strike a balance. I mean the fans have cried boohoo a lot. It becoming the world cried wolf. Also there are a lot of fans whom like different things. I'm a donkey kong fan so just imagine me when there the regular ducking donkey kong , retro really? Threads appear.

Also I think there is some truth in what reggie said earlier about how in directs people go meh, but when it comes to treehouse showings and then reviews, and being in consumers hands opinion as changed to woah! The whinging over 3d Mario world, donkey kong and nintendoland to some degree were perfect examples of that ( reggie used Splatoon as the example which I thought was a poor choice ).

Also the galaxy games were designed specifically for the wii. It not that they dislike the series (where as anyone even suggested that?)

On the other hand I agree that maybe they should think about designing games with hd in mind and take on board some fan ideas and what they want, a metroid or a luigi mansion would be perfect HD foil, and gamepad ideas for both are strong.

But it's about striking a balance. If they only ever did what the fans want we wouldn't get games like captain toad and Splatoon.

Edited by JoelStinty at 22:31:32 18-06-2015
  • MrSemprini 19 Jun 2015 06:09:52 9,664 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    discosalad wrote:

It's weird but the chief designer of the Mario Galaxy games, one of the main Nintendo men, Miyomoto? He actually said, he thought the Galaxy games were off, and that in hindsight he doesn't think much of them, that they don't adhere to his vision or to Nintendo. Something like that.
    Yeah, something like that

What has become abundantly clear,  this year more than ever,  is that nobody on EG should ever run their own business unless becoming bankrupt in record time is what is being aimed for.
  • Armoured_Bear 13 Jun 2017 17:02:15 20,174 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Ready?

• Armoured_Bear 13 Jun 2017 17:12:08 20,174 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Metroid prime 4 at last!
  • MrTomFTW Best Moderator, 2016 13 Jun 2017 17:36:54 46,991 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    i hope its as good as metroid prime 3
  • Armoured_Bear 13 Jun 2017 18:14:13 20,174 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    MrTomFTW wrote:
    i hope its as good as metroid prime 3
    I'll be happy with that (apart from the 1st hour).
  • Armoured_Bear 13 Sep 2017 22:59:12 20,174 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    We all ready?

• Page

of 9 First / Last

Next

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.