Bloodborne Page 657

• Page

of 667 First / Last

• theincredibleaf 12 Jul 2017 14:43:55 12 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    Got idiot machine gun hunter to jump off that roof on his own volition. Didn't even need to attack him +1.

Then went back and killed jumpy shooty hunter.

Progressed deeper into the area which seems massive, but I feel like I'm going away from the BSB.

Is it possible to avoid fighting him?

I want to kill him though so I will backtrack if I have to.
  • Ddanno 12 Jul 2017 17:10:38 1,104 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    He's optional but he also gates a massive portion of the game
  • Mr_Sleep 12 Jul 2017 18:44:49 21,185 posts
    Seen 36 minutes ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    I believe there is a way of not taking him on but I can't remember the sequence to do so. You can definitely get more dialogue from him somehow as I remember seeing it in a video about Bloodborne. Might have been vaativdya's stuff.
  • mrcrumley 13 Jul 2017 08:23:26 558 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @docrob I ended up summoning 2 npcs henrik who was halfway down the path that leads to them and also the guy at the top of the path, got some bolt paper and that seemed to eventually do the trick. You can visceral the first guy who comes at you fairly easily (with the katana) it's then worth trying to alternate attacking the different ones. It's a bit cheap but I found when henrik and the other one were engaging them I'd run up behind and backstab (shame on me) and then visceral. Try and get them all done at a similar level though as otherwise it goes a bit mental. If you do want a hand I can try and help though. My gamertag is CaptainCrumley I'm about most evenings after 8.
  • Graxlar_v2 13 Jul 2017 08:40:40 7,053 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    @theincredibleaf there is an item you can buy (fro 20k blood) that unlocks a door for you to progress, otherwise you need to beat him.

If you are at jumpy shooty guy then the next step is to go through the church area and out into the cobbled streets. There a spoiler will happen and you can use that to make your way up and unlock a shortcut to the bonfire.

It is a straight run to BSB through that shortcut.
  • Graxlar_v2 13 Jul 2017 08:42:59 7,053 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    @docrob SoY are fun :)

Just keep moving and getting attacks in on the fire caster til he is downed. Then use the big block to seperate the two remaining and get hits in when possible.

The idea is to keep mobile and never attack more than twice (also visceral attacks work really well on them)
  • theincredibleaf 13 Jul 2017 13:03:12 12 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    @Graxlar_v2 Cheers. I feel like I'll be playing this until the sequel comes out.

One of the best value for money games in terms of how long you'll be playing due to the difficulty and the amount of stuff to uncover.

I feel something bad will happen in the Hunter's Dream area...Everytime I go there, but don't tell me :)

Is it true that the more Insight I gain, things that were previously hidden in the world begin to appear?

I'm wondering if that earlier insta-death vortex by the tree will show up.
  • Graxlar_v2 13 Jul 2017 13:14:21 7,053 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    @theincredibleaf ok

insight yes, its really fucking creepy
    insta death that is where you access the dlc
  • cs96and 13 Jul 2017 14:45:24 173 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Graxlar_v2 wrote:
    @theincredibleaf ok

insight yes, its really fucking creepy
    insta death that is where you access the dlc
    With enough insight, you will be able to see the thing that causes the insta death.

The more insight you have, the harder the game gets too. E.g. those lantern holding things in Cathedral Ward will start shooting glowing orbs at you once you get > 10 insight.

Finally took down Undead Giant. Had problems with Vicar Amelia, but managed to take her down after summoning some help. I seem to recall having massive problems with her on my first playthrough. I don't think I've ever managed to beat her solo.
  • Derblington 13 Jul 2017 15:27:08 29,043 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I did the entire game solo. I know that summoning is a part of it but it feels like a single player game to me, so that's how I tackled it.

It;s not really something I want to replay though I enjoyed it a lot and I miss aspects of it. I guess I should just start Nioh.
  • Graxlar_v2 13 Jul 2017 15:35:15 7,053 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    Yeah, i have beaten every boss soulsborne boss solo. I have since re done some co op as it is alot of fun but i like the challenge of doing it on your own.
  • theincredibleaf 22 Jul 2017 11:59:46 12 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    So how did I fight Vicar Amelia before BsB?

Im on BsB and read this is the 3rd boss, but previously about 6 months beforehand, when I defeated FG and wandering round the area with the tall guys with the hat and sycthe like weapons, I stumbled across a screamy boss in a room (aren't they all).

Only found that boss once and when I got to play again months later and get to BsB, I thought, this boss looks different to the one I remember fighting before.

Has anyone produces an A3 or larger roll out map for this game? :)

Im useless with directions and that would be a help.
  • sid92 21 Aug 2017 22:10:30 3,443 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Jumped back on this for the first time in a while, loaded up a level 62 character. Strength build rocking Kirkhammer and the Whirligig.

Upper Cathedral Ward lamp holy shit that place is scary, when that bastard werewolf jumps through the window panel I almost shit my pants and yes Ebretias fucked me up a couple of times :)
  • Ddanno 12 Sep 2017 22:07:13 1,104 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Aaaanyone messing about on this atm? I lost all my save data so had to start over and the servers are a bit of a ghost town
  • wuntyphyve 12 Sep 2017 23:01:48 9,131 posts
    Seen 21 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @Ddanno I could be tempted to jump back in for a spell over the next couple of evenings man. Been thinking about going back to it.
  • thumbgoals 12 Sep 2017 23:45:42 27 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 3 weeks ago
    Still struggling on Shadow of Yarnam. It's been about a week. :(
  • Ddanno 13 Sep 2017 08:15:38 1,104 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @wuntyphyve Cool. I should be around tomorrow eve from about 7 til whenever
  • wuntyphyve 13 Sep 2017 08:54:43 9,131 posts
    Seen 21 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @Ddanno Nice one I'll see if you're about when I make it on.
  • wuntyphyve 13 Sep 2017 08:54:57 9,131 posts
    Seen 21 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @thumbgoals Can give you a hand?
  • Rhaegyr 13 Sep 2017 09:09:38 3,812 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Currently doing another run through with a couple of mates who've never played it - just completed the Forbidden Woods and I'm having a ton of fun listening to their reactions :)

Not sure about the empty servers - we get invaded all the time :|
  • quadfather 13 Sep 2017 10:29:26 28,220 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I still have this on my list. I think I'm at Gerehrermrman but didn't do him. I think. Skill build iirc.

I'd like to go through it again from scratch really and take my time - every time I get whizzed through by you lot, I just lose my bearings and find it difficult getting back into it
  • thumbgoals 13 Sep 2017 10:33:01 27 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 3 weeks ago
    @wuntyphyve cheers dude. You are on my FL so I'll give you a shout if it goes on for much longer. ;)
  • wuntyphyve 13 Sep 2017 10:45:21 9,131 posts
    Seen 21 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    quadfather wrote:
    I still have this on my list. I think I'm at Gerehrermrman but didn't do him. I think. Skill build iirc.

I'd like to go through it again from scratch really and take my time - every time I get whizzed through by you lot, I just lose my bearings and find it difficult getting back into it
    Nah you totally did Gerhrerehhaamaan didn't you? Surely to fuck...
  • quadfather 13 Sep 2017 11:07:39 28,220 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I'm sure I left it so I could finish off the chalice dungeons and the dlc. I can't even REMEMBER what the dlc contains though.
  • wuntyphyve 13 Sep 2017 11:32:31 9,131 posts
    Seen 21 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @quadfather It contains death
  • Graxlar_v2 13 Sep 2017 11:33:33 7,053 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    wuntyphyve wrote:
    @quadfather It contains death
    lots and lots and lots of death :'(
  • quadfather 13 Sep 2017 11:52:39 28,220 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Has it got a sort of snowy area with quite a few steps going up, and some nasty white robed buggers that slash you up violently?
  • Graxlar_v2 13 Sep 2017 11:53:36 7,053 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    @quadfather you will wish they had a sort of snowy area with quite a few steps going up, and some nasty white robed buggers that slash you up violently?
  • wuntyphyve 13 Sep 2017 12:05:32 9,131 posts
    Seen 21 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @quadfather In the DLC? Nopes. You thinking of DS3 DLC?
  • quadfather 13 Sep 2017 12:17:26 28,220 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Ah yes, my mistake, that was DS3.

Hm... maybe I have completed Bloodborne then.

What's it's DLC like?
  • Page

of 667 First / Last

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.