Bloodborne Page 656

• Page

of 667 First / Last

• markytonline83 4 Jul 2017 09:24:10 802 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I hate how I suck so bad at these type of games, yet I'm totally in love with them. That must truly be the mark of a great game, being utterly rubbish and only seeing a fraction of the game but would still recommend to anyone who will listen.

Also I've just come across my Nightmare edition of this which I totally forgot I had. I just took the game out and never opened the rest of the contents and just put it into my loft. Would love to look inside and see all the trinkets but it's so nice I don't want to spoil it

Edited by markytonline83 at 09:24:33 04-07-2017
  • Graxlar_v2 4 Jul 2017 09:29:53 7,053 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    @markytonline83 how far have you got?
  • markytonline83 4 Jul 2017 10:35:02 802 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @Graxlar_v2 I can't recall the area name but I've defeated 3 bosses (I think). I struggle with the combat. Some enemies just seem so hard to kill. Should I learn to parry more? Think I'm going to park Horizon and give this another shot.
  • Graxlar_v2 4 Jul 2017 10:39:28 7,053 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    @markytonline83 parry is useful but takes time to learn. if you want to practice (and get lots of vials) the area to the left of the house by the first boss has two hammer guys. They are the easiest to parry and are 1hk's with it.

They drop 2/3 vials most times as well so added bonus.
  • cs96and 6 Jul 2017 10:21:17 173 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Started this again last night. I was going to carry on my New Game+, but I had to reinstall it and it wouldn't let me load the game as not all the game had installed (and there was no way that I could see to tell the progress of the background installation).

So I just started a new game instead. My previous game was all about the Cane. This time I'm going to go for a bloodtinge build and have picked the saw cleaver.

Made it to Cleric Beast. I forgot what an utter bastard he is at that early stage of the game.
  • Graxlar_v2 6 Jul 2017 10:24:47 7,053 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    the inability to level until you reach him makes that bit of game bastard hard :(
  • cs96and 6 Jul 2017 11:54:29 173 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    yes that is a pain... you can level up once he's killed you though.
  • markytonline83 6 Jul 2017 12:03:22 802 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I restarted this 2 days ago and totally forgot you can't level up before the cleric beast. And yes, I also forgot how hard he is at such an early level.
  • cs96and 10 Jul 2017 14:30:27 173 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Is kirkhammer worth upgrading? I never used it on my first playthrough, but tried it out yesterday. The hammer seems a little bit too slow for my liking, but looks like it could deal out some serious damage.
  • Graxlar_v2 10 Jul 2017 14:34:37 7,053 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    @cs96and kirkhammer is fine but its like a poor mans holy blade...

Get that instead!
  • theincredibleaf 10 Jul 2017 15:04:47 12 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    I still haven't completed this. The Cleric beast took me at least a month to beat maybe longer...Yet I beat the 2nd boss first go...Father something or other...

And I wasn't super leveled up...I'm still not really.

It's a love hate game for me.

I am lucky that I had a 1TB SSD left over from a server I was running and that is now in my PS4...The loading times of BB are greatly improved.

I'm now stuck on the level with that twatty hunter blasting you with a machine gun whenever he sees you...Oh and the boss of this level is a c**t too...I can't beat it.

I hate this game....but I must finish it one day.

It looks great and the clunky combat has a charm which grows on you...the game is just plain intriguing...Especially as it doesn't really tell you anything...You discover it.

Still think it would have been awesome with local co-op, and I keep telling myself I won't buy the sequel, but I probably will :)

Edited by theincredibleaf at 15:06:23 10-07-2017
  • Graxlar_v2 10 Jul 2017 15:09:46 7,053 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    @theincredibleaf ok

he BsB is an absolute bastard but there are a few things to make the fight a little easier.

1) he is a beast so he is attacted to pungent blood cocktails
    2) he doesnt like fire
    3) there is a summon sign outside the church to the right of the stairs

Remember to bring lots of antidotes and if you run out there are 3 more behind the plnth.

also, he is susceptible to parry
  • theincredibleaf 10 Jul 2017 15:13:25 12 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    @Graxlar_v2 Thank you mate...Will try that.

I have only really fought him less than 5 times and gave up in disgust mainly because he is fucking hard to kill, but also because I heard the game gets even harder and changes once you kill him, so you'd better get all that you need out of that area before you do so.

Any tips on machine gun hunter?

Cheers.
  • Graxlar_v2 10 Jul 2017 15:15:52 7,053 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    i spent about 3/4 hours on BSB first time. it doesn't get much harder (though there is some difficult points)

Machine gun guy i ended up kicking off the roof but to be honest, you can just leave him up there, once you unlock the shortcut there isnt really much reason to kill him.
  • fiery_jackass 10 Jul 2017 15:17:31 1,028 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Graxlar_v2 wrote:
    also, he is susceptible to parry
    That'd be my key bit of advice. BSB gave me trouble, could never get any of the item-based strategies to work. Get up in his face and learn when to parry/when to dodge. You'll shoot through his first two phases. Gets trickier in the third phase, maybe best to be patient and give him a couple of thumps now and then with antidotes ready to go at all times.
  • cs96and 10 Jul 2017 15:42:32 173 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Blood Starved Beast is an absolute bastard. But the feeling of triumph when you finally beat him is worth it.

Antidotes are a must. I would also stock up on molotovs, which are are handy to finish him off (same advice for Cleric Beast, and Vicar Amelia too).

I'm in Old Yarhnam at the moment too. The machine gun is easily avoidable, but trying to beat that other hunter with the machine gunner still around is pretty much impossible.

Later in the game you can open up a shortcut, so you can get up to the machine gunner without him ever seeing you. If you do this he will offer to stop shooting you, if you agree to stop killing all the beasts.
  • Frogofdoom 10 Jul 2017 15:44:50 5,753 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Use the pillars and cheese the fuck out of him. Got him first time :D

Works with that gascgoine chap as well with the cart i think it was.
  • fiery_jackass 10 Jul 2017 15:58:19 1,028 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Or just run/dash at the machine gun chap and shoot him with the blunderbuss until he falls off.
  • theincredibleaf 10 Jul 2017 16:05:09 12 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    Thanks for the tips.

When I finally beat the Cleric Beast I was physically shaking...The adrenaline and determination when I saw his energy bar nearly fully depleted and mine also, the last few hits taking an age....all with the realisation that it could all be for nothing if I miss timed a hit...

No video game in my 30+ years of playing them has done that to me...

When I beat him...It was more of relief than feeling of accomplishment.

I muttered..."Fucking game" and actually turned the PS4 off and left the game for a some time.

I totally agree with that reviewer that was disappointed and put the game down too after beating that boss.

It was a strange feeling coming back to the game though...I felt a lot more confident....And made big strides through to where I'm stuck currently.

Like I said, I felt Father Gascoigne to be an absolute pussy compared to the Cleric Beast...I just dodged him and timed that big power spinning axe move.

Wonder if From intended this.
  • Frogofdoom 10 Jul 2017 16:15:08 5,753 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Bloodborne is easier than the souls games imo, 1 shotted so many bosses on it compared to souls.
    It does have a couple of right bastard bosses though.
  • theincredibleaf 10 Jul 2017 16:22:43 12 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    The only Souls game I played very briefly was one given away with Games with Gold on the X360. I think you start the game in a dungeon / prison.

Anyway, just remember it looked awful and didn't think it played much better.

Left it alone.

The last Souls game looked pretty interesting....Quite Bloodborne influenced it seemed. Don't think it would be one for me though.
  • Graxlar_v2 10 Jul 2017 16:23:11 7,053 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    @theincredibleaf you animal!!!
  • Rogueywon Most Generous Forumite, 2016 10 Jul 2017 16:32:46 1,503 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    @theincredibleaf Dark Souls 3 is indeed heavily Bloodborne influenced, though unfortunately this mostly just results in a loss of the Souls series' traditional flexibility around builds.

I know others will disagree with me, but if you do want to try a Dark Souls game, then Scholar of the First Sin might be your best bet. It's on current gen platforms (where it runs very nicely) and is a generally undiluted experience. The first Dark Souls is a better game, but its technology creaks now, whether on consoles or PC.
  • markytonline83 10 Jul 2017 16:32:53 802 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Started this again last week, having not been very far into it the first time round . Last night I was actually shaking as I accidentally walked in on Father Gascoigne and had to fight him. I beat him first time! 2 years ago it took me 20+ attempts. 'I got gud'
  • theincredibleaf 10 Jul 2017 16:35:08 12 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    @Graxlar_v2 :D
  • cs96and 11 Jul 2017 16:12:15 173 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Blood Starved Beast is down (again)!

I was doing quite well, had got a few visceral attacks in and then he glitched. He just stood there screaming over and over and made no attempt to attack me at all. I felt a bit cheated to be honest :(

On to first chalice dungeon now... I don't remember undead giant being this much of a c**t the first time round...

Edited by cs96and at 16:12:27 11-07-2017
  • Rogueywon Most Generous Forumite, 2016 11 Jul 2017 16:15:25 1,503 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    @cs96and I've always found Undead Giant nastier than BSB. BSB telegraphs its attacks really clearly and there is plenty of time to react to them. Undead Giant has a nastily large attack radius that often catches me out.
  • mrcrumley 11 Jul 2017 19:30:30 558 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I found with the BSB the dodge to their right move pretty effective and also visceral.

I'm right near the end of the main game and the dlc at the mo, had to go back and fight laurence as totally missed him and then have 2 more bosses to beat in the main game. Of all the bosses i probably struggled most against the SoY. The bastards.
  • docrob 11 Jul 2017 20:20:36 754 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    mrcrumley wrote:
    I found with the BSB the dodge to their right move pretty effective and also visceral.

I'm right near the end of the main game and the dlc at the mo, had to go back and fight laurence as totally missed him and then have 2 more bosses to beat in the main game. Of all the bosses i probably struggled most against the SoY. The bastards.
    That's where I got completely stuck. Fought them maybe 20 times and just couldn't get past them. Tried summoning but still died. Eventually I gave up.

Managed to make my way to the end of DS3, for comparison.
  • cs96and 12 Jul 2017 11:56:53 173 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Rogueywon wrote:
    @cs96and I've always found Undead Giant nastier than BSB. BSB telegraphs its attacks really clearly and there is plenty of time to react to them. Undead Giant has a nastily large attack radius that often catches me out.
    I must have tried like 20 times last night and still failed to beat him. I'm going to come back once I've levelled up a bit more.
  • Page

of 667 First / Last

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.