Justice League - Directed by Zack Snyder Page 22

• Page

of 41 First / Last

• beastmaster 13 Aug 2017 14:17:48 17,587 posts
    Seen 14 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    From the Matell toys line for the film

"Once again, Wonder Woman must demonstrate her ability as a fierce warrior. Facing a great enemy, she and Batman join forces to recruit a group of metahumans to stand against this newly awakened threat. Having formed an unprecedented League of heroes, they set out to save the planet from an assault of catastrophic proportions"

Edit: Actually doesn't prove anything but it seems as though it's going through major reshoots, so who knows.

Edited by beastmaster at 14:20:19 13-08-2017
  • ChiefGB 13 Aug 2017 15:27:46 7,303 posts
    Seen 56 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    WW was the best thing to come out of bvs (batfleck too), and cemented her place in superhero movie lore with her solo film. I think she could still come out of it well even if jl is the turd we are all expecting.
  • Derblington 13 Aug 2017 16:54:33 29,611 posts
    Seen 31 seconds ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I'm curious how they're going to frame Wonder Woman 2 and her role in the Cold War.
    In BvS she says:
    A hundred years ago I walked away from mankind; from a century of horrors... Men made a world where standing together is impossible.
    ... which was at the end of WW1.

Edited by Derblington at 16:54:51 13-08-2017
  • GarlVinland 22 Aug 2017 11:06:37 2,162 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Joss Whedon's taking a kicking in the press because of allegations of serial cheating made by his ex-wife, just a couple of months before JL comes out, and after he's signed on to make Batgirl, presumably because of his feminist 'credentials'. Exes can be brutal!

Guess that Black Widow movie he talked about doing is off the cards now.
  • beastmaster 23 Aug 2017 11:20:30 17,587 posts
    Seen 14 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    They are now planning a Joker origins story. FFS!!

Edit: Leto less

Edited by beastmaster at 11:20:52 23-08-2017
  • GarlVinland 23 Aug 2017 11:21:40 2,162 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @beastmaster Scorsese is producing it. How bizarre.
  • beastmaster 23 Aug 2017 11:27:52 17,587 posts
    Seen 14 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    @GarlVinland

And from the director of The Hangover.
  • bad09 23 Aug 2017 11:35:13 8,007 posts
    Seen 1 second ago ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    An intriguing part is the setting. The intention is to make a gritty and grounded hard-boiled crime film
    Oh look another gritty and miserable DC comicbook movie. Yay.......
  • Baihu1983 23 Aug 2017 16:48:13 9,324 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    beastmaster wrote:
    They are now planning a Joker origins story. FFS!!

Edit: Leto less
    But why? The best way to do the joker is to keep he's life before that a mystery. My guess is a live action version of him as the red hood
  • ecu 23 Aug 2017 18:43:58 80,120 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    The Killing Joke was a Joker origin story and it's one of the highest regarded Batman stories. Always felt it was overrated myself though.
  • FilthyAnimal 23 Aug 2017 19:04:07 163 posts
    Seen 43 seconds ago
    Registered 5 months ago
    bad09 wrote:
    Oh look another gritty and miserable DC comicbook movie. Yay.......
    Better that than yet another attempt at cloning the MCU. The MCU does what it does very well, and it shouldn't be copied. The DCEU had a good, unique thing going with MoS and BvS before Johns & WB execs started pandering to the MCU crowd and clueless critics. Wonder Woman was a good film, but it was also fairly unremarkable. It very much fit within the MCU template.

One wonders how great it could have been if it wasn't constrained by executive demands to create an MCU-lite.

And now we have Justice League, which is basically representative of how Snyder's style and vision have been drastically neutered to conform to the MCU paradigm. He's trying to do cheerful and funny, and that's not what he does best. 300, Watchmen, MoS and BvS were Snyder at his best, even if MoS was perhaps a little too Nolan-esque on the back of the Dark Knight Trilogy (although still good for that reason). An unpopular opinion to be sure, but at least one that is based on reflection and independent thought instead of jumping on the hate bandwagon. Sucker Punch is another one that I firmly believe will be reviewed more fairly when you push aside the amateur reviewers masquerading as journalists.

I loved MoS and BvS, but my anticipation and expectations for JL are rock-bottom to be honest. This and Matt Reeves' Batman movie look to be much more compelling propositions that actually fit the New 52 DC style. James Wan's Aquaman movie could be good, mindless fun as well.

Edited by FilthyAnimal at 19:04:42 23-08-2017
  • Derblington 23 Aug 2017 19:19:04 29,611 posts
    Seen 31 seconds ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    BvS is awful. Just because you like it doesn't make everyone else wrong.
    It's also kind of ironic that you dismiss the critics as "amateur reviewers masquerading as journalists" as though you know better.

Edited by Derblington at 19:21:14 23-08-2017
  • beastmaster 23 Aug 2017 20:57:14 17,587 posts
    Seen 14 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    It's now been confirmed that The Joker origins story is not part of the DCEU. Make of that what you will. Heavily rumoured that The Batman isn't either.

It's been hinted at that WB/DC were thinking about doing their own "Batverse" and this could be it. Thrown in Batgirl, Gotham City Sirens and you have the makings of it.

Edited by beastmaster at 21:37:28 23-08-2017
  • frightlever 23 Aug 2017 21:50:14 1,393 posts
    Seen 4 weeks ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    beastmaster wrote:
    It's now been confirmed that The Batman is not part of the DCEU. Make of that what you will. Neither is this Joker origins story.

It's been hinted at that WB/DC were thinking about doing their own "Batverse" and this could be it. Thrown in Batgirl, Gotham City Sirens and you have the makings of it.
    Seems like there needs to be somebody in charge who isn't actually directly involved in (edit: the artistic side of) making the movies. I think, in theory, Geoff Johns is meant to be that guy, but Snyder seems to have all the influence, which may be the reason they have such a problem holding on to directors, and now they're just saying, "Look, I know Snyder is being an asshole, but what if your movie wasn't even part of the DCEU?"

And then people are saying Fox makes X-Men movies and doesn't angst over the continuity or timeline, so why not just do that, but they were only wrangling Logan and the other X-Men, so it's a smaller job.

MCU has been working on a single, fairly coherent, timeline since the second phase about six or seven years ago. WB/DC can barely string two movies together - although to be fair it seems like they weren't really interested in an EU until after MoS was released. I'm sceptical that Suicide Squad plays any significant role in the DCEU, but I guess we'll see.

DC may as well double down, let their properties do whatever they want in their own movies, don't reference any of it if they're appearing in another hero's movie. Hell they could have died in the last movie and come back again with the only explanation needed being "Comics, bitches!" (Which is probably a sub-plot of the Justice League movie anyway).

Edited by frightlever at 21:52:55 23-08-2017
  • Derblington 23 Aug 2017 22:18:30 29,611 posts
    Seen 31 seconds ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Marc Bernardin suggested that'd be the route they took just after the Batgirl film was announced.
    Interesting to see if it is.
  • beastmaster 23 Aug 2017 22:36:25 17,587 posts
    Seen 14 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Makes sense. Let Marvel do their thing and this would free up DC to do what they want. You could do a dark, criminal Joker origins story and have a bright, bubbly Batgirl film if that's the way they wanted to do it.

For the Joker one, I'd personally prefer something in the style of Dick Tracey. Nothing stopping them doing that should they want to now it doesn't tie into anything.

I think as Wonder Woman was pretty much stand alone and that made a fuckton of cash (and still is) this maybe what freed the shackles.
  • Derblington 23 Aug 2017 22:52:17 29,611 posts
    Seen 31 seconds ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I hope so. The DCEU is hot garbage but I can't see them just dropping it.
  • beastmaster 24 Aug 2017 07:29:19 17,587 posts
    Seen 14 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    It's now been confirmed that Leto and Robbie are going to be in a Joker & Harley film from the directors of Crazy, Stupid Love.

Floodgates have really opened up now. This isn't replacing Gotham City Sirens or Joker Origins film.
  • Decks Best Forumite, 2016 24 Aug 2017 07:47:00 10,970 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    The thought of watching Jared Leto's joker for a full film is just too awful to imagine.
  • Derblington 24 Aug 2017 10:08:43 29,611 posts
    Seen 31 seconds ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    So the DCEU is now just an umbrella for DC comic films, whether standalone or continuation (which was a bit loose outside of 3 films anyway)?
  • DFawkes Friendliest Forumite, 2016 24 Aug 2017 10:23:51 31,487 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Probably. It means they could mess around with continuity between films all they want and not worry about it, and change course as they see fit. It's not like they couldn't make a statement like "The DC Universe has always been a multiverse, so all the films take place in that collective multiverse, but not always necessarily in the same universe" or something.
  • Derblington 24 Aug 2017 12:46:07 29,611 posts
    Seen 31 seconds ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    It'd just make the DCEU moniker obsolete - they'd be DC films and no different to how the Donner Superman, Burton Batman, Nolanverse, etc, already operated.

They have to keep them related somehow otherwise its going to confuse the fuck out of the mass market audience.
  • ChiefGB 24 Aug 2017 13:02:19 7,303 posts
    Seen 56 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    They've just shit the bed now haven't they, it's coming out from all angles lol. Going to make life more difficult for themselves keeping people's focus.
  • frightlever 24 Aug 2017 13:05:34 1,393 posts
    Seen 4 weeks ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Decks wrote:
    The thought of watching Jared Leto's joker for a full film is just too awful to imagine.
    Watching? Imagine having to be the crew or a co-star.
  • challenge_hanukkah 24 Aug 2017 13:21:59 5,221 posts
    Seen 27 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    frightlever wrote:
    Decks wrote:
    Watching? Imagine having to be the crew or a co-star.
    *shudders*

Poor souls.
  • Baihu1983 25 Aug 2017 06:03:30 9,324 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Batman is part of the DCU just the story will be a Batman story with no JL cameos

http://i.imgur.com/WIcnJes.png
  • Ultrasoundwave 25 Aug 2017 09:18:46 5,598 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago

Someone should really show this picture to the DC/WB suits......it's called "having an actual plan".

There is so much potential in the DCEU.....and they're doing their absolute best to fuck it right up.
  • reviewer 25 Aug 2017 09:24:12 4,743 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    With 3 films WB have managed to kill any interest I have in any of theirDC films.

BvS, Suicide Squad and JL are all terrible/look terrible.

None of their new announcements do anything for me, I'll wait until they come out rather than pay much attention to their hype machine.

Most of these will probably never be released anyway.
  • beastmaster 6 Sep 2017 23:19:34 17,587 posts
    Seen 14 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Reshoots still going on.

More reshoots happening soon. Looks like they are focusing more on Wonder Woman.

What the hell did Snyder shoot anyhow? Did he do Justice League: Requiem for a Dream?
  • Derblington 6 Sep 2017 23:45:48 29,611 posts
    Seen 31 seconds ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Maybe they just see it as an opportunity to ditch him and his work by having him walk away and letting Whedon just do whatever he wants. With Whedon doing so much and queued up for Batgirl I expect a change of tone across the board. It's not like what they've done with Snyder is favourable.
  • Page

of 41 First / Last

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.