The official Red Dwarf thread \o/ Page 36

• Page

of 41 First / Last

• Tricky 6 Oct 2012 11:14:55 4,441 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    If you read that Guardian article they supposedly address the cliffhanger from series 8 in the last episode of this new series. But honestly, who cares? It's back to the dynamics that made it good in the first place so that's all that matters.
  • nickthegun 6 Oct 2012 11:34:17 60,517 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Facepalm wrote:
    Also, where's the girl?
    She fucked off, as explained in the Christmas special.

---------------------------------------------------------
    My man gives real loving that's why I call him Killer
    He's not a wham-bam-thank-you-ma'am, he's a thriller

• Steve_Perry 6 Oct 2012 11:35:56 4,574 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    I assumed that rimmer died again, and was resurrected as a hologram, they somehow saved the ship, kochanski died, and the rest of the crew are gone as they all abandoned ship. Could have been cleared up with some dialogue but as has been said, what's the point?

VIVA STEFANSEN

• RobTheBuilder 6 Oct 2012 12:37:40 6,521 posts
    Seen 11 months ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @ecureuil Not Dave though I don't think.
  • LeoliansBro 7 Oct 2012 17:31:42 44,512 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Just watched it back to back with Inquisitor. Thoughts:

- For what it was, it was actually funny, but more importantly funny in a Red Dwarf series 3/4/5/6 kind of way.

- Those four are tremedous physical comedians, especially Robert Llewellyn / Danny John Jules. They've only got better at that.

- It wasn't as funny as the peak series. Sure. But any lessening of the laughing is cancelled out a thousand times by the fact they're making more RD, and making it properly.

- The Moose joke was hilarious.

LB, you really are a massive geek.

• Popzeus 7 Oct 2012 18:59:05 8,362 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    LeoliansBro wrote:
    - The Moose joke was hilarious.
    I also liked the "hosed him down and gave him a hat" line, proper laughed at that one.

Currently playing: Standing In A Car Park Simulator 2013

• ZuluHero 7 Oct 2012 20:38:51 4,204 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Great scene! :)

I forgot to mention this earlier (the scene goodfella posted reminded me) but the only thing that was a bit jarring for me was how dark the sets are compared to the old ones.

Looking forward to Thursday for the next one though :)

Edited by ZuluHero at 20:39:43 07-10-2012
  • TechnoHippy 7 Oct 2012 20:43:25 14,719 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Watching the first episode now. i have to say it's not bad so far.

My books, contests, reviews and author interviews on my blog

• Spong 9 Oct 2012 14:38:54 525 posts
    Seen 5 months ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I thought Trojan was pretty good for something coming from a 'low end' digital channel. It made me laugh in ways series seven, eight & BTE never managed. I miss the slobby Lister of old though, I want to see him dribbling more drink down himself and rubbing wet biscuits into his (Rimmer's) shirt.

I'll happily be watching the rest of the series. BTE had me convinced RDX was going to be a write-off, so I was pleasantly surprised.
  • HelloNo 9 Oct 2012 20:25:12 1,161 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    That was actually pretty damn funny, especially towards the end.

"The ship is now turning RIGHT!"
  • Deleted user 9 October 2012 20:36:36
    I will grudgingly admit that was a fuck of a lot better than I was expecting. I actually laughed out loud at the whole Moose thing.

"Is he Swedish?"
  • ZuluHero 9 Oct 2012 20:39:35 4,204 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Hehe yeah. And..

/lowers voice

"...and the moose wasn't driving"

classic :)
  • bad09 9 Oct 2012 21:08:15 6,008 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Anyone who missed it last week but don't want to give Dave details for a login someone has shared it with the masses on YouTube...for now at least..

Looking forward to Thursday's episode, although this Pree computer in the episode does make me wonder...Where the smeg is Holly in this series?
  • ibenam 9 Oct 2012 21:15:33 1,481 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @Machetazo Errmmmm Wheres Holly?
  • MrDigital 9 Oct 2012 21:47:50 1,866 posts
    Seen 3 months ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Going to watch this one on Friday morning, cannot wait!

Formerly TheStylishHobo and Geesh.

• johnson81 9 Oct 2012 22:00:10 383 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @ibenam

Apparently, the rumour is that Norman Lovett wouldn't reprise his role for the new series after apparently being snubbed after Back To Earth. Not sure why Hattie couldn't come back though.
  • skuzzbag 9 Oct 2012 22:35:21 5,651 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Just watched it and I pretty much laughed all the way through that. A return to form alright but I'm not sure about kryton's moulded bags under his eyes!
  • ecu 9 Oct 2012 22:50:56 77,044 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    johnson81 wrote:
    @ibenam

Apparently, the rumour is that Norman Lovett wouldn't reprise his role for the new series after apparently being snubbed after Back To Earth. Not sure why Hattie couldn't come back though.
    Yup.

Comes across as being a bit of a bellend tbh.
  • MrDigital 9 Oct 2012 23:05:47 1,866 posts
    Seen 3 months ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    ecureuil wrote:
    johnson81 wrote:
    @ibenam

Yup.

Comes across as being a bit of a bellend tbh.
    Why is he a bellend? If he had to put aside other work for them and they snubbed him in the end, that is a bit shitty. Also, he may have made bad remarks about the 3-episode series, but that *was* quite shit.

Formerly TheStylishHobo and Geesh.

• bad09 9 Oct 2012 23:23:36 6,008 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Yeah he doesn't come across that bad in that article just seems they messed him about and he thought "sod 'em" (with both BTE and the movie that never happened) and BTE WAS rubbish. Says in the odd comments on that site he was quite insulting about series 8 on the DVD to which may have put him in trouble, might have to have a look at that for a giggle.

Explains no Holly....They could have drafted Hattie back though, no Holly at all is just odd.
  • ecu 9 Oct 2012 23:25:20 77,044 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    How about: "I'm disappointed they couldn't find a role for Holly in Back to Earth, but I'll gladly be involved in the new series if they need me."

Maybe calling him a bellend is a bit harsh, but it does seem he's cutting his nose off to spite his face. I mean, it's not like they've been dicking him around for years, it was a one-off event on Dave and someone fucked up. Let bygones be bygones, eh?
  • ecu 9 Oct 2012 23:27:43 77,044 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Really they could just recast anybody as Holly. If they got the right person in it could be great, but I assume they've already filmed the entire series already.
  • disusedgenius 9 Oct 2012 23:37:35 5,439 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    ecureuil wrote:
    How about: "I'm disappointed they couldn't find a role for Holly in Back to Earth, but I'll gladly be involved in the new series if they need me."
    ...but what if he doesn't want to?
  • ecu 9 Oct 2012 23:40:41 77,044 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    HE SHOULD DO IT ANYWAY.
  • ecu 9 Oct 2012 23:42:50 77,044 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Nah, I dunno. His choice innit.

Just saying, it seems from the interview that the whole reason is because he holds a bit of a grudge over being messed about a bit with Back to Earth. Just seems a shame, that's all. If he doesn't want to do it cause he's just not up for it then it's a different thing. It's a shame they couldn't settle their differences, especially after the promising first episode of Red Dwarf X.

Edited by ecureuil at 23:43:15 09-10-2012
  • bad09 10 Oct 2012 00:04:44 6,008 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Well it does seem he was frustrated with the failed attempt at a movie to but you are right ecureuil it is a shame it was great to have him back in 7 and 8 and would be nice to see him back as well.

(Nothing against Hattie who was great to, but Norm will always be Holly for me).
  • Page

of 41 First / Last