The official Red Dwarf thread \o/

  • Page

    of 41 First / Last

    Previous
  • sephy 25 Feb 2005 09:02:47 4,036 posts
    Registered 11 years ago
    Having bought Red Dwarf VI at 4am yesterday (thank you 24hr Asda and close proximity to work :D), I decided we need a red Dwarf discussion/gag thread

    Dwayne Dibley: Suck my Thermos!
  • Lutz 25 Feb 2005 09:05:12 48,854 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Class:

    [code]Lister: Cat?
    Cat: Mmm?
    Lister: Ya ever see the Flintstones?
    Cat: Sure!
    Lister: D'ya think Wilma's sexy?
    Cat: Wilma Flintstone?
    Lister: Maybe we've been alone in deep space too long, but every time I see that sharmi body, it drives me crazy. Is it me?
    Cat: Well, I think in all probability, Wilma Flintstone is the most desirable woman that ever lived.
    Lister: That's good. I thought I was goin' strange.
    Cat: She's incredible!
    Lister: What d'ya think of Betty?
    Cat: Betty Rubble? {pause} Well, I would go with Betty... but I'd be thinking of Wilma.
    {pause}
    Lister: This is crazy. Why are we talking about going to bed with Wilma Flintstone?
    Cat: You're right. We're nuts. This is an insane conversation.
    Lister: She'll never leave Fred, and we know it.
    {Cat shakes his head in resignation.}[/code]



    Edited by Lutz at 09:05:27 25-02-2005
  • sephy 25 Feb 2005 09:09:48 4,036 posts
    Registered 11 years ago
    Bill Door wrote:
    It went downhill after season III imho- there were still some stand out episodes later on but overall the quality wasn't as good.
    As with many shows, I would actually say that the above description suits the first 2 seasons more...

    and that Opening gag from Backwards is still stupidly funny :D
  • boo 25 Feb 2005 09:16:11 11,840 posts
    Seen 28 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    We are talking jape of the century...

    We are talking not only April, but May, June, July and August fool too...



    Edit - can't spell before 10am

    Edited by boo at 09:16:45 25-02-2005

    Just Another Lego Blog

  • Lutz 25 Feb 2005 09:20:11 48,854 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    boo wrote:
    We are talking jape of the century...

    We are talking not only April, but May, June, July and August fool too...
    Heh... and teh gag in full:

    Edit: No we're not, wrong gag. But this is still class:

    [code]Holly: Busy, Dave?
    Lister: Well, yeah. I am, actually.
    Holly: Oh, then you won't want to know about the two super-lightspeed fighters that are tracking us.
    Lister: What?!
    Holly: I'll leave you to your bubble blowing, mate.
    Lister: No, Hol, come on, come on.
    Holly: They're from Earth.
    Lister: Three million years away?
    Holly: They're from the Norweb federation.
    Lister: What's that?
    Holly: The North Western Electricity Board. They want you, Dave.
    Lister: Me? Why? What for?
    Holly: For your crimes against humanity.
    Lister: You what!
    Holly: It seems when you left Earth three million years ago, you left two half-eaten German sausages on a plate in your kitchen.
    Lister: Did I?
    Holly: You know what happens to sausages left unattended for three million years?
    Lister: Yeah. They go all mouldy.
    Holly: Your sausages, Dave, now cover seven-eighths of the Earth's surface. Also you left seventeen pounds, fifty pence in a bank account. Thanks to compound interest you now own ninety-eight percent of all the world's wealth, but since you've hoarded it for three million years nobody's got any money except for you and Norweb.
    Lister: Why Norweb?
    Holly: You left a light on in the bathroom. I've got a final demand here for one hundred and eighty billion pounds.
    Lister: A hundred and eighty billion pounds! You're kidding!
    Holly: (wearing Groucho Marx disguise) April fool.
    Lister: But it's not April.
    Holly: Yeah, I know, but I could hardly wait six months with a red-hot jape like that under my belt. [/code]

    Edited by Lutz at 09:26:33 25-02-2005
  • jaxon58 25 Feb 2005 09:34:06 2,422 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I'll never forgive it for the very long scene of Cat dancing with that big robot ship thing.
  • KingOfSpain 25 Feb 2005 09:39:12 5,187 posts
    Seen 17 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    yeah the dancing cat in red dwarf 8 is the worst scene EVER!!

    but i do think series 6 is the best. every episode is a classic!!
  • Shinzou 25 Feb 2005 09:44:58 887 posts
    Seen 5 years ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    1-6 were great. 7 and 8 though, oh dear. supposed to be a long delayed red dwarf film in the pipeline isnt there.
  • KingOfSpain 25 Feb 2005 09:50:24 5,187 posts
    Seen 17 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    7 wasnt "too" bad but 8 was dire,
    yeah the fils is meant to be in the works. i saw a few pics of the cast doing a script reading for the film but this was about 4 years ago, i guess there has been a few problems!
  • Razz 25 Feb 2005 10:01:07 61,395 posts
    Seen 53 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Lutz wrote:
    Class:

    [code]Lister: Cat?
    Cat: Mmm?
    Lister: Ya ever see the Flintstones?
    Cat: Sure!
    Lister: D'ya think Wilma's sexy?
    Cat: Wilma Flintstone?
    Lister: Maybe we've been alone in deep space too long, but every time I see that sharmi body, it drives me crazy. Is it me?
    Cat: Well, I think in all probability, Wilma Flintstone is the most desirable woman that ever lived.
    Lister: That's good. I thought I was goin' strange.
    Cat: She's incredible!
    Lister: What d'ya think of Betty?
    Cat: Betty Rubble? {pause} Well, I would go with Betty... but I'd be thinking of Wilma.
    {pause}
    Lister: This is crazy. Why are we talking about going to bed with Wilma Flintstone?
    Cat: You're right. We're nuts. This is an insane conversation.
    Lister: She'll never leave Fred, and we know it.
    {Cat shakes his head in resignation.}[/code]



    Edited by Lutz at 09:05:27 25-02-2005


    :D \o/
    ROFLMAO

    /Coffee... keyboad.. etc >:I Bastard... ;)

    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    Steam/PSN/XBOX: Razztafarai | 3DS: 1246-9674-8856
    --------------------------------------------------------------------

  • KingOfSpain 25 Feb 2005 10:27:39 5,187 posts
    Seen 17 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    there is a letter on the red dwarf site about all the delays that have happened to the film
    here

    Edited by KingOfSpain at 10:28:19 25-02-2005
  • bzzct 25 Feb 2005 15:25:26 1,725 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    "Kryten, change to red alert!"
    "Are you sure sir, it does mean changing the bulb..."
  • bzzct 25 Feb 2005 15:27:49 1,725 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Bill Door wrote:
    And they ran out of ideas- Polymorph 2 and a few others were essentially remakes with better special effects. I think the switch to cgi from models killed a lot of what made it special for me.
    Wasn't the whole of that series specifically based on storylines from previous episodes?

    In my opinion 7 was bad but 8 was great again, so I'm not sure it's a case of the longer it went on the worse it got.
  • Lutz 25 Feb 2005 15:29:28 48,854 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    What about Space Corp Directive 1742?

    No member in the Corps should ever report for active duty in a ginger toupee?
  • Lutz 25 Feb 2005 15:32:07 48,854 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    tengu wrote:
    Oh, what was it you called that robot that they were going to be sent to replace Kryten again? The episode with the 'silicon heaven' bit I believe it was.

    Been trying to remember, but...
    Hudsen 10

    Or Hudzen 10.

    Not 100% on the spelling.

    Edited by Lutz at 15:33:20 25-02-2005
  • Shinzou 25 Feb 2005 15:33:14 887 posts
    Seen 5 years ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Hudzen 10?

    edit: beaten. but i bet i got there before lutz's edit! just checked series III collectors booklet.

    Edited by Shinzou at 15:37:02 25-02-2005
  • Lutz 25 Feb 2005 15:35:23 48,854 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Bill Door wrote:
    The whole tired space corp directive running joke summed up what was wrong with the latter series. The humour should come from either the interplay between the characters or the situation, not making up nonsensical space corp directives.
    True, but it was cracking in series 4 and 5 when it was like 2 per series.
  • sephy 26 Feb 2005 21:07:25 4,036 posts
    Registered 11 years ago
    Deleted scene from Emohawk-Polymorph II (WHY THE FUCK WAS IT DELETED??????)

    "Ace" is about to snap "Dwayne Dibley"'s neck in the airlock to put him out of his misery.

    DUANE: Why are we in this airlock?
    ACE: Just relax old chum. I'm sending you on ahead.
    DUANE: *I'm* the scout party?
    *cut scene*:
    ACE: I just can't do it. It would be like decapitating Bambi...

    funniest thing in the ep, and it was cut :(

    /pats series VI dvd
  • tengu 8 May 2007 19:54:54 10,294 posts
    Seen 7 years ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Post deleted
  • tengu 8 May 2007 19:54:54 10,294 posts
    Seen 7 years ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Post deleted
  • MrSensible 1 Apr 2008 11:14:15 25,226 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Superbump! (well, it is the official thread!)

    I saw the Red Dwarf DVD sets called 'Just the Shows'. Now, are these, as the name suggests, exactly the same as the other DVD box sets, just minus the Smeg Ups, documentaries, etc?

    I'd assume so, but I'm just making sure there's nothing missing from the actual episodes themselves. I don't want to get gimped versions of the show!
  • TechnoHippy 1 Apr 2008 11:16:37 14,719 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    thefilthandthefury wrote:
    Superbump! (well, it is the official thread!)

    I saw the Red Dwarf DVD sets called 'Just the Shows'. Now, are these, as the name suggests, exactly the same as the other DVD box sets, just minus the Smeg Ups, documentaries, etc?

    I'd assume so, but I'm just making sure there's nothing missing from the actual episodes themselves. I don't want to get gimped versions of the show!

    That's correct, I have these boxsets.

    My books, contests, reviews and author interviews on my blog

  • MrSensible 1 Apr 2008 11:17:12 25,226 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Excellent, I'll buy those then.

    Ta muchly good sir!
  • Killerbee 1 Apr 2008 11:17:51 5,016 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    thefilthandthefury wrote:
    Superbump! (well, it is the official thread!)

    I saw the Red Dwarf DVD sets called 'Just the Shows'. Now, are these, as the name suggests, exactly the same as the other DVD box sets, just minus the Smeg Ups, documentaries, etc?

    I'd assume so, but I'm just making sure there's nothing missing from the actual episodes themselves. I don't want to get gimped versions of the show!

    Yes. Exactly what it says on the tin.

    If you're a fan though, some of the documentaries and extra bits are very good to watch. Surely somewhere is selling them cheaply by now?
  • MrSensible 1 Apr 2008 11:19:23 25,226 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Killerbee wrote:
    thefilthandthefury wrote:
    Superbump! (well, it is the official thread!)

    I saw the Red Dwarf DVD sets called 'Just the Shows'. Now, are these, as the name suggests, exactly the same as the other DVD box sets, just minus the Smeg Ups, documentaries, etc?

    I'd assume so, but I'm just making sure there's nothing missing from the actual episodes themselves. I don't want to get gimped versions of the show!

    Yes. Exactly what it says on the tin.

    If you're a fan though, some of the documentaries and extra bits are very good to watch. Surely somewhere is selling them cheaply by now?

    Well you can get them quite cheap but still nowhere near as cheap as it is to just get the shows. I'm a big fan but I still wouldn't watch the extras. I own hundreds and hundreds of DVDs and have only ever watched the extras on two of them :(
  • Killerbee 1 Apr 2008 11:21:16 5,016 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    thefilthandthefury wrote:
    Well you can get them quite cheap but still nowhere near as cheap as it is to just get the shows. I'm a big fan but I still wouldn't watch the extras. I own hundreds and hundreds of DVDs and have only ever watched the extras on two of them :(

    Fair point - I own all the shows on VHS as well as DVD, so I actually found myself watching the DVD extras more than the shows when I first got them!

    In general though, I hardly ever watch the extras on DVDs - all those 4-disc Lord of the Rings sets I bought and only ever watched the (extended) movies...
  • Lutz 1 Apr 2008 11:22:27 48,854 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Joooiiiiiinnnn usssssss

    Actually, the only thing I watch the "extras" on are DVDs of TV shows.
  • MrSensible 1 Apr 2008 11:23:20 25,226 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Killerbee wrote:
    thefilthandthefury wrote:
    Well you can get them quite cheap but still nowhere near as cheap as it is to just get the shows. I'm a big fan but I still wouldn't watch the extras. I own hundreds and hundreds of DVDs and have only ever watched the extras on two of them :(

    Fair point - I own all the shows on VHS as well as DVD, so I actually found myself watching the DVD extras more than the shows when I first got them!

    In general though, I hardly ever watch the extras on DVDs - all those 4-disc Lord of the Rings sets I bought and only ever watched the (extended) movies...

    I have those LotR ones as well. I bought them in one big box set. They're worth it for the extended scenes alone (especially in the third film - Mouth of Sauron FTW!).

    But yes I definitely think I'll go for these sets then. They seem too good (and cheap) to pass up, considering what you're getting.

    It also has the added bonus that my girlfriend likes the show but has only seen the ocassional episode (which puzzles me, as I grew up with the bloody show!).
  • MrSensible 1 Apr 2008 11:24:07 25,226 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Lutz wrote:
    Joooiiiiiinnnn usssssss

    Actually, the only thing I watch the "extras" on are DVDs of TV shows.

    I went to join, but it turns out I'm already a member :D
  • Lexx87 1 Apr 2008 11:28:00 20,863 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I bought every single series recently, the full extras ones. The commentries are brilliant.

    Speak the truth hussy!

  • Page

    of 41 First / Last

    Previous
Log in or register to reply