Anxiety

• Page

of 1

Previous Next
  • werewolf_poo 17 Feb 2014 00:21:40 166 posts
    Seen 7 days ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I know this is maybe weird putting it on here but I feel like just writing this down. I'm not even sure anybody will even read it

I suffered quite badly with depression and anxiety a few years back and I was on anti depressants and had to give up my job. It all boiled down to being with someone in a relationship for so long but could not Let her go because she loved me so much but I knew it was wrong. Denial

Only last year did I actually stop lying to myself and do something about it, it was probably the worst thing I have ever had to do in my life as she loved me and was my rock. But i wasnt in love with her and had to do it so that she could find someone who would love her back in the same way.

I kept the house going for a while on my own but I realised it was making me miserable and handed in my notice. Im back at my mums now and everything seems to be going ok. I have a new girlfriend and we are actually looking for somewhere to live.

I know how to deal with my triggers now and i dont have panic attacks or anything like that anymore.

The reason for my thread is that I have recently started getting a bit anxious and I was wondering if speaking with people who have been through it could maybe give advice or even just share their experience.

I know what was wrong with me before and as soon as I dealt with that situation all my symptoms have all but gone.

Now I seem to be realising that the person that helped me through all my problems before is not there anymore. My girlfriend just now is a bit younger than me and I have started to get anxious over being rejected and all sorts of nonsense like that. I am usually such a calm, laid back, secure person but now I feel like I'm always waiting for something to go wrong. Its a whole new kind of thing and I dont know where it comes from....

Anyway just thought there might be others out there that get this crappy anxiety.
  • drhcnip 17 Feb 2014 00:34:57 2,499 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    you are not alone.....its just that we're all in here....;)

http://www.eurogamer.net/forum/thread/78354?start=3780
  • TarickStonefire 17 Feb 2014 07:20:26 3,107 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I get terrible anxiety about all sorts of things. Pretty much inherited this nasty trait from my neurotic mother. CHeers mum! Anyway, Cognitive Behavioural Therapy on the NHS made huge strides towards me managing it successfully. Still happens, a lot, but I have better reactions to it. Not always, but most of the time.

Ask your GP to refer you. You'll have a few months to wait, but you should be able to get a series of sessions eventually.

Any Netflix library in the world for a couple of quid a month? Gimme!

• Frogofdoom 17 Feb 2014 07:24:08 888 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Another shout out for cbt here, get yourself on this list asap. It made massive differences and although there is no cure it will give you extra mechanisms to head off any potential issues before they evolve into anything further.
  • craigy Staff 17 Feb 2014 08:26:05 7,658 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Hi werewolf_poo,

First of all -- great username!

Go see your GP. They will be able to help.

There's a good thread on here where lots of talk occurs about things like this, so take a look.
  • magicpanda 17 Feb 2014 08:31:41 13,366 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    My wife is a Cognitive Behavioural Therapist. You can self refer. Google IAPT and your location.
  • werewolf_poo 17 Feb 2014 10:04:07 166 posts
    Seen 7 days ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Cheers guys. Suppose I better head on over to the other thread
  • Page

of 1

Previous Next