Struggling to play anything Page 2

• Page

of 2 First / Last

Next
  • bad09 8 Feb 2014 15:31:58 5,506 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @Donk10

Flight sims are awesome, got Flight Sim X for Christmas and it's the nuts, only got a flightstick for now but hoping to pick up a Yoke system and pedals (pricey though!).

I also got London Underground Sim which is a right laugh :)
  • Donk10 8 Feb 2014 15:58:42 96 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 12 months ago
    @bad09 If you fancy any combat ones you should look at the strike figthers series, they're pretty cheap and are in the nopt so serious category.

https://store.thirdwire.com/store_p2.htm
  • bad09 8 Feb 2014 16:10:58 5,506 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @Donk10

Thanks for the tip, looks pretty good. DRM free to according to their website \o/
  • Donk10 8 Feb 2014 16:17:25 96 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 12 months ago
    @bad09 yeah it is and its a piece of piss to mod to get loads of free content from combatace.com plus you dont need a 300 hotas system coz they're older fighters.

check this thread out to see what strikefigthers can look like with mods:
    http://combatace.com/topic/72591-strike-fighters-2-screenshots/page-169
  • bad09 8 Feb 2014 16:46:26 5,506 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @Donk10

Looks good. Makes me want to go for a fly tonight :)
  • Beetroot_Bertie 8 Feb 2014 16:48:46 277 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Little Racers Street :D

Great fun and simple to enjoy.

LRS on Steam
  • Menace 9 Feb 2014 21:09:32 5,666 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I've only played TeamFortress 2 pretty much since the beta.

I don't like games with a story, that require I pay attention, or games where I have to think too much (I hated Portal for that annoying woman voice talking to me all the time, and yes, I get that that was part of the package, so I quit playing it after the first room). Anything with an inventory where I have to mix and match stuff is an instant turn-off, so no RPG's. I don't like singleplayer games either, I want to shoot 'people'.. TF2 was my perfect fix, but lately I don't even really enjoy it. It's almost more of a social thing, hanging out with regulars on the same server.

I doubt there's any game out there I like anymore.. and don't get me started on smartphone games either. They all suck.

/goes to bed and can't sleep because I'm angry and lonely

www.bigbitegames.com/soccer

• INSOMANiAC 9 Feb 2014 21:46:05 3,788 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I got bored of AAA games years ago truth be told, very very few hold my ttention now, but I've pumped many many hours into - Spelunky, Binding of Isaac and Rogue legacy, those three alone should see you through the dark times.

Steam - iN5OMANiAC
    PSN - iN5OMANiCAL

• Garlvinlandblueblood 10 Feb 2014 00:06:58 365 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I find myself with very little time to get into AAA games anymore, but am really enjoying Risk of Rain.

It's the perfect quick-fix game. Huge number of unlockable items which all change up the gameplay in some way, plus the items you can get on any playthrough are largely randomised so every game is genuinely different. 10 characters each simple to play but with plenty of nuances. Plus, if any playthrough starts to last too long, it'll spawn literally hundreds of enemies and probably kill you off anyway.

One to file next to Spelunky and Binding of Isaac for quick-fix but compulsive, randomised gameplay.
  • superdelphinus 10 Feb 2014 00:15:04 7,276 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    bad09 wrote:
    @Donk10

Flight sims are awesome, got Flight Sim X for Christmas and it's the nuts, only got a flightstick for now but hoping to pick up a Yoke system and pedals (pricey though!).

I also got London Underground Sim which is a right laugh :)
    Do you know how utterly transformable fsx is with add-ons? Just a few essential random ones - active sky next, ftx global/ vector, a2a c172, ezdok, pmdg 737 ngx, fs2crew etc etc etc
  • bad09 10 Feb 2014 19:44:22 5,506 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @superdelphinus

Yeah I noticed the FSX thread :) Thanks for listing those though I shall make a note.

I'm gonna wait for my new computer towards the end of the year though to look at transforming it, do it justice. Wanna get a yoke system and better flightstick anyway so those on the Christmas order this year I think. Hopefully have the ultimate flight sim setup by the end of the year :)

For now I'm just getting to grips with the various planes/helicopters in vanilla FSX. Loving it to.
  • Cosmopolitan 10 Feb 2014 20:18:17 1,897 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Menace wrote:
    I've only played TeamFortress 2 pretty much since the beta.

I don't like games with a story, that require I pay attention, or games where I have to think too much (I hated Portal for that annoying woman voice talking to me all the time, and yes, I get that that was part of the package, so I quit playing it after the first room). Anything with an inventory where I have to mix and match stuff is an instant turn-off, so no RPG's. I don't like singleplayer games either, I want to shoot 'people'.. TF2 was my perfect fix, but lately I don't even really enjoy it. It's almost more of a social thing, hanging out with regulars on the same server.

I doubt there's any game out there I like anymore.. and don't get me started on smartphone games either. They all suck.

/goes to bed and can't sleep because I'm angry and lonely
    OMG And I thought I had it bad. There's so much wrong with this post... One can be lonely and still enjoy videogames, I am proof to that.
    And how can you NOT get bored if one game is all you've played for years? Trust me there are games you may like, one just have to do a bit of search and try. And not ALL smartphone games suck, absolutely not true.

Edited by Cosmopolitan at 20:30:40 10-02-2014

The Master of Unlocking.

• Page

of 2 First / Last

Next