RIP, Hunter S Thompson Page 3

• Page

of 3 First / Last

Next
  • LeoliansBro 11 Jan 2013 08:05:58 44,750 posts
    Seen 37 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Cheers for the input Spong, thanks for dropping by.

LB, you really are a massive geek.

• Deleted user 11 January 2013 08:50:09
    For those of you who've only experienced his fictional works btw, I can highly recommend The Great Shark Hunt and Kingdom of Fear. Fear and Loathing on the Campaign Trail is very good also, but if you go in thinking it's going to be like Las Vegas you will be very disappointed.

The Great Shark Hunt is well reading just for the stories of Oscar, his 'Samoan' Attorney and how close to the truth Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas is.
  • Deckard1 11 Jan 2013 09:21:39 29,192 posts
    Seen 16 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Yeah they're all very good. Kingdom of fear is a weird one though, reads like someone completely burned out and losing the plot. Hell's Angels is also very good.

Fish fingers and chips pretty straight forward.

• Deleted user 11 January 2013 09:37:44
    Also, the The Rum Diaries can't have enough love, even though it reminds me more of Graham Greene comedy in style than HST.
  • localnotail 12 Jan 2013 22:40:57 23,093 posts
    Seen 9 months ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I like to eat breakfast alone, and almost never before noon; anybody with a terminally jangled lifestyle needs at least one psychic anchor every twenty-four hours, and mine is breakfast. In Hong Kong, Dallas, or at home—and regardless of whether or not I have been to bed—breakfast is a personal ritual that can only be properly observed alone, and in a spirit of genuine excess. The food factor should always be massive: four Bloody Marys, two grapefruits, a pot of coffee, Rangoon crêpes, a half-pound of either sausage, bacon, or corned-beef hash with diced chilies, a Spanish omelette or eggs Benedict, a quart of milk, a chopped lemon for random seasoning, and something like a slice of key lime pie, two margaritas and six lines of the best cocaine for dessert…Right, and there should also be two or three newspapers, all mail and messages, a telephone, a notebook for planning the next twenty-four hours, and at least one source of good music…all of which should be dealt with outside, in the warmth of a hot sun, and preferably stone naked.

Texas, 1979

Edited by localnotail at 22:42:55 12-01-2013

A strange game. The only winning move is not to play.

• nickthegun 12 Jan 2013 22:44:38 61,098 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    nvm

Edited by nickthegun at 22:46:19 12-01-2013

---------------------------------------------------------
    My man gives real loving that's why I call him Killer
    He's not a wham-bam-thank-you-ma'am, he's a thriller

• Page

of 3 First / Last

Next