The Shadow Sun

• Page

of 1

Previous Next
  • angerisagift 25 Dec 2013 04:36:23 1,947 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Thought I would spread a little love for this brilliant new RPG I randomly stumbled across on the App store whilst home for Christmas, bored and looking for a decent game to play.

Its called The Shadow Sun and is made by Ossian studios which is made up of some ex Neverwinter and Baldur's Gate devs. It plays a lot like Dragon Age Origins in the zoomed in 3rd person view except its all packed into the ios OS so runs on ipads, iphones and ipods. I've put in a good few hours already and it is excellent stuff. Pretty amazing how they can pack all of this into a mobile platform really.

Its been in development for about 4 years apparently and was just released last week. I had never heard of it before though and theres not much publicity on the big gaming websites. Its been getting very good reviews around the web though and rightly so. Only 5.99 at the moment too. Cheap at the price!

If you are after a big classic RPG in the mould of Dragon Age and Baldur's Gate on your ipad to while away the long cold christmas nights, this is definitely worth getting in my opinion. Great stuff!

XBL GT: C0keMachineGl0w
    PSN ID: StarrySummerSky

• Stranded87 29 Dec 2013 11:35:42 890 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I've been playing this too. It really is great, I've been waiting for it for years and I'm not disappointed. It feels like a Bioware game, albeit one with worse production values.
  • angerisagift 29 Dec 2013 19:36:12 1,947 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Yes, its definitely got that classic Bioware feel to it. However, their PR department needs to be fired because nobody seems to know about this game's existence! Eurogamer ought to do a review. The developers really need to push the game out to websites and magazines to get a bit more publicity.

XBL GT: C0keMachineGl0w
    PSN ID: StarrySummerSky

• Page

of 1

Previous Next