Rust - new survival game from Garry's Mod Page 2

• Page

of 2 First / Last

Next
  • DamoVotf 10 Feb 2014 12:21:36 631 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I keep coming back to this and my conclusion is that this is a game you need to be playing on a full server with (a lot of) friends.

Its a pretty fun game in a group when the competition for resources gets quite intense. There is something to be said for the massive gun battles that comes from an air drop on a server with 100 people.

Its growing on me.
  • rungms 8 Mar 2014 08:42:03 3 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    i found best rust servers with no lag and super nice community, the game is really good

Edited by rungms at 08:44:02 08-03-2014

Edited by rungms at 08:44:16 08-03-2014
  • Dire 3 May 2014 15:33:48 1,345 posts
    Seen 3 months ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Anyone still play Rust?
  • MrSensible 1 Aug 2014 16:44:57 25,359 posts
    Seen 19 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    How is this these days? Was thinking of picking it up but haven't actually played it yet at all.

I like DayZ but I find it a bit complicated and everybody seems to know what they're doing a lot more than I do!

Edited by thefilthandthefury at 17:25:34 01-08-2014
  • Physically_Insane 1 Aug 2014 17:41:39 9,238 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    thefilthandthefury wrote:
    How is this these days? Was thinking of picking it up but haven't actually played it yet at all.

I like DayZ but I find it a bit complicated and everybody seems to know what they're doing a lot more than I do!
    Yeah this is what puts me off playing Day Z. I've only played it a couple of times, but when I do, I feel extremely overwhelmed with everything.
  • MrSensible 3 Aug 2014 20:10:46 25,359 posts
    Seen 19 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Well I took the plunge and just went for it anyway. It's so much easier to just pick up and start playing when compared to something like DayZ, in fact I'd be tempted to say that they're not really two that you can compare that much.

It's a lot of fun... though, like DayZ, it is absolutely full of arseholes who think it's brilliant to kill you on sight even though all you have to your name is a rock and they have shotguns and everything.
  • DamoVotf 5 Aug 2014 17:02:13 631 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    To be honest a lot of servers its just safer to kos, even the guy with the rock can bash ur brains in.

The game hasnt really progressed in months as they are rebuilding all the code effectively and this has become the experimental branch.

Its looking promising but its still at least a few weeks until the experimental branch becomes anything other a dev play ground.
  • TarickStonefire 5 Aug 2014 17:37:53 3,429 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Loitering on the Rust forums from time to time all I fever see is people complaining about the amount of hacking-related griefing that's going on. And that build of the game is no longer being worked on anyway. I wouldn't buy into this right now, it's essentially had a reset so I'd wait until we have chance to see where the new version is going.

Any Netflix library in the world for a couple of quid a month? Gimme!

• DamoVotf 5 Nov 2014 07:56:10 631 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    The experimental branch has now become in main stream, its in a pretty decent state most of the time (last weekend exlcuded) and they are able to add a lot of stuff pretty quickly now.

We generally play on the British Rust and British UK Rust, if anyone is interested.
  • Page

of 2 First / Last

Next