Queens Of The Stone Age in Paradiso

• Page

of 1

Previous Next
  • bef 16 Feb 2005 22:33:34 1,640 posts
    Seen 23 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Just came back from their concert in Dutch pop temple Paradiso in Amsterdam. (That's what people call it anyway.)

It was amazing. Apart from the Dandy Warholes I've never been to an actual rock concert before. Normally I go to specific rap concerts or things like Basement Jaxx (brilliant live!), Zoot Woman or Nellie McKay.

But the Queens were very impressive. Obviously it was loud. (Can still here the beep in my ears.) But the songs really sounded just as intense (even more so) and melancholic when compared to the album versions.

Not to come across as a sentimental hippie, but during concerts like these I feel happy to be living the life that I live.

(Yes I've had a couple of vodka's)

Good night.

bef
  • westernmusic 17 Feb 2005 12:34:22 602 posts
    Seen 7 years ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Yeah, qotsa are very great live. Padding out some of the songs with the weirdest guitar wanking. Awesome. Long live Regular John.

Also .. the new album is fantastic.
  • westernmusic 17 Feb 2005 12:34:34 602 posts
    Seen 7 years ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Post deleted
  • bef 17 Feb 2005 15:32:39 1,640 posts
    Seen 23 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Have you heard it already? Can't wait!
    Too bad the next time they will play Amsterdam it will probably be in one of those horrible large venues where you have to pay for absurdly overpriced watered down drinks with plastic coins.
  • westernmusic 17 Feb 2005 16:41:40 602 posts
    Seen 7 years ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    bef wrote:
    Have you heard it already? Can't wait!
    That, I have. It's quite available in illegal places, which are not the 'places' they're talking about on their site.. but nontheless it's a sure buy on releaseday. More subdued than songs for the deaf, by far. And slower. It took quite a while longer for me to get into it.. but still, another great great record from the homme.
  • Deleted user 17 February 2005 16:44:54
    When's the new album out?
  • Page

of 1

Previous Next