Terraria Vita Page 3

• Page

of 22 First / Last

• FanBoysSuck 17 Dec 2013 15:23:12 1,384 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @bunglebonce I found reading this over lunch has helped a lot.

For the emperor!

• bunglebonce 17 Dec 2013 15:37:41 2,033 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    FanBoysSuck wrote:
    Thank you, some bed-time reading tonight!

PSN ID: erniewhatbert

• ubergine 17 Dec 2013 15:37:55 1,216 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Be mindful that some features described on that page/site are from PC 1.2, which we don't have yet. The console/vita version is at what they described at preview-1.2, with a handful of 1.2 features like wooden armour and cactus armour/weapons.

http://www.youtube.com/user/ubergine

• Flying_Pig 17 Dec 2013 16:22:41 10,275 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @bunglebonce - small is definitely the way to go IMO!

Dig straight down and you'll come across some caves. Lots of exploration to do and you'll start to find some interesting materials (Copper, Iron, Silver, Gold etc) to get you crafting!
  • FanBoysSuck 17 Dec 2013 16:58:33 1,384 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    bunglebonce wrote:
    FanBoysSuck wrote:
    Thank you, some bed-time reading tonight!
    No worries :)

For the emperor!

• ubergine 17 Dec 2013 18:33:41 1,216 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I can't remember where I saw it, but there was a diagram that showed the relative sizes of the worlds. The difference is enormous. I've played on all sizes on 360 and found that large simply is too ridiculously big - worn particular reference to travelling underground. Small, on the other hand, has a very significant disadvantage, on top of simply being too small. There are certain very desirable items that only have a chance to be found on islands in the sky. Fewer of these islands exist in small maps, so reduced chances of getting the items. It's stuff you want, very very much.

(I just had a look at the wiki, but again it covers PC 1.2. I'm not sure yet if Vita differs fromy experience on 360.)

The advantage of being able to take your character into multiple maps though cannot be understated. If you wanted to be particularly lame about it, you could just start multiple maps, scour easy-to-get materials from the surface of each (eg there's often some iron in chests about, and actual ore) then delete them all and start again with an advantage.

The slow speed of the starting pick is not one of the fun aspects of the game, so I wouldn't blame anyone for taking that route.

Edited by ubergine at 18:42:42 17-12-2013

• Roddy100 17 Dec 2013 23:21:21 704 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I really had no interest in this but you all seem to be loving it!

Is it really worth the price? I suppose I should at least download the trial to try and see what all the fuss is about.
  • andyc1980 17 Dec 2013 23:54:42 1,053 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Anyone after a hook for a grappling hook. Got a spare from my foray into the jungle.
  • aros 18 Dec 2013 08:58:16 2,053 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Roddy100 wrote:
    I really had no interest in this but you all seem to be loving it!

Is it really worth the price? I suppose I should at least download the trial to try and see what all the fuss is about.
    100%.

----

I reached The Underworld for the first time last night... scary place! It was a great adventure though. I'm able to survive long enough to have to start trashing items even from heading out with the lowest amount of things in my inventory possible (weapons,pick,potions,wood,platforms,torches) :D Also have some brilliant new items like the harpoon and a spell
  • Flying_Pig 18 Dec 2013 09:27:56 10,275 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I think I'm a touch behind you. Discovered lava this morning and managed to mix it with water, but can't mine the resulting stone :(

Also found 2 houses, about 150m underground!

Stopped mining copper and now only really get iron if it's easy. Gold is what I'm really after now.
  • Moot_Point 18 Dec 2013 09:41:56 3,503 posts
    Seen 49 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @Flying_Pig You can't mine it because you need a demonite pick. So get cracking on the eater of worlds boss because you need his scales to craft the pick. You may need the Demonite axe to get anywhere though, but he does drop demonite as well.

I am catching up with my housing, I need the arms dealer to move in so I can get the harpoon. Having a hornet problem at the mo.

================================================================================

mowgli wrote: I can't believe this is still going. I'm far too hungover for this. I did not poop on a chair lol!

• FanBoysSuck 18 Dec 2013 10:21:19 1,384 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    The NPC housing in this is a bit broken isn't it? I made a massive multi room house but I could't move anyone in via the menu despite it being valid housing. I ended up having to knock down their old houses to make them move in!

I'm feeling like a bit of a mug at the moment as well. I starting digging toward what I though was iron or silver on the map last night in bed. Finally got to it on the train this morning and it's fucking cobwebs :(

Ah well off to do more spelunking. I might need to go a bit further down, I've not found much underground bar a little iron and gold. I keep getting the nagging feeling that I'm doing it wrong :/

For the emperor!

• Moot_Point 18 Dec 2013 10:55:30 3,503 posts
    Seen 49 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @FanBoysSuck Did you place your own walls on the housing? Use a hammer to break any dirt tiles in the background, and place your own walls. All will require a table (or workbench), chair and lighting.

You need to dig deeper for ores, but keep an eye out for demonite. It usually spawns in groups of 3 at most levels.

================================================================================

mowgli wrote: I can't believe this is still going. I'm far too hungover for this. I did not poop on a chair lol!

• ubergine 18 Dec 2013 11:18:54 1,216 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Pretty pointless mining demonite. The real bank for it is defeating the bosses.

If anyone wants tips for Eye of Chthulu or Eater of Worlds I'll make a spoiler post.

• aros 18 Dec 2013 11:46:18 2,053 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    FanBoysSuck wrote:
    The NPC housing in this is a bit broken isn't it? I made a massive multi room house but I could't move anyone in via the menu despite it being valid housing. I ended up having to knock down their old houses to make them move in!

I'm feeling like a bit of a mug at the moment as well. I starting digging toward what I though was iron or silver on the map last night in bed. Finally got to it on the train this morning and it's fucking cobwebs :(

Ah well off to do more spelunking. I might need to go a bit further down, I've not found much underground bar a little iron and gold. I keep getting the nagging feeling that I'm doing it wrong :/
    You have to be physically standing in the room you want the NPC to move in to.
  • Flying_Pig 18 Dec 2013 13:19:14 10,275 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Moot_Point wrote:
    @Flying_Pig You can't mine it because you need a demonite pick. So get cracking on the eater of worlds boss because you need his scales to craft the pick. You may need the Demonite axe to get anywhere though, but he does drop demonite as well.

I am catching up with my housing, I need the arms dealer to move in so I can get the harpoon. Having a hornet problem at the mo.
    Not found any bosses yet, but I did get something to summon the Eye of Cthulhu...
  • andyc1980 18 Dec 2013 13:21:08 1,053 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @Flying_Pig I think you have to smash 3 shadow orbs in the corruption to summon the eater of world's. They''re usually at the bottom of chasms. That's usually where I get my first firearm as well. Godly musket this morning ;). Also after you break the first one meteorites will fall every now and again.

Edited by andyc1980 at 13:24:32 18-12-2013
  • aros 18 Dec 2013 13:30:13 2,053 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Is the Goblin Army a boss, no?
  • andyc1980 18 Dec 2013 13:37:54 1,053 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @aros no it a just an event mate. Usually get a harpoon from it though which is a rather good weapon. I'm away to mine my first meteorite.
  • FanBoysSuck 18 Dec 2013 14:45:45 1,384 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @Moot_Point Yup and it was classed as valid housing in the menu. They moved in after I knocked down their old houses.

@aros Yeah that was what I was doing. Go to room I want them to move into, go into the menu, hit square to make sure the room is valid, then hit X. It did sod all.

I'm guessing I've hit a bug or something. Not a huge issue as they did move eventually but kind of annoying.

For the emperor!

• Moot_Point 19 Dec 2013 17:13:00 3,503 posts
    Seen 49 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Flying_Pig wrote:
    Moot_Point wrote:

Not found any bosses yet, but I did get something to summon the Eye of Cthulhu...
    You can summon Eater of Worlds. You will need vile powder (30) made from vile mushroom and combine it with rotten chunks (15). Which will make worm food. Edit; Oh yeah, you need to combine them at a demon altar.

Just killed Eater of Worlds, but I did use War Axe of the Night made from 10 demonite bars.

Edited by Moot_Point at 17:36:54 19-12-2013

• aros 20 Dec 2013 09:45:02 2,053 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I got a magic mirror and saw several other new things over the last couple of nights :D I love this game so much. Adventuring deep into the ground scratches the kind of die/restart bug better than any other game for me as it is a genuine different adventure each time, each lasts a good amount of time and after you die you are full up with loot to keep. Each time you build a slightly better easier way of getting deeper and exploring more.

I have a sawmill cooking pot and beer barrell now for some extra crafting options.

If anyone is just buying this game I would honestly recommend don't touch guides at all and learn it all for yourself as it really adds to the adventuring style of the game.

Can you unlock a map?
  • Moot_Point 20 Dec 2013 09:48:35 3,503 posts
    Seen 49 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Press select ninny! :p

• aros 20 Dec 2013 09:49:58 2,053 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Omg you already have one??! FFS hahaha :champ:
  • Moot_Point 20 Dec 2013 09:51:51 3,503 posts
    Seen 49 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Haha! :D
    The map screen also pauses the game whilst you look.

• Flying_Pig 20 Dec 2013 10:44:57 10,275 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    The Magic Mirror is really useful, and removes the risk of exploring too far and running out of wood (torches, platforms).

I put a bed in one of the underground houses, but I can't 'use' it to trigger it being a spawn point - any ideas?

As I get deeper, I'm finding better, and better loot. I stumbled across a Dragon Helmet (?), with defence of something like 35 - replaced by Gold Helmet (defence 5) - which means that most slimes and bats can't hurt me :)

Lava definitely does, however.
  • aros 20 Dec 2013 10:55:09 2,053 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Wow, that's awesome Pig. I just have the Wizard's Hat, Meteorite chest armour and Silver Greaves.
  • Razz 20 Dec 2013 10:58:52 59,993 posts
    Seen 32 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    You could take on wall of flesh now, all you need to craft is a space gun (meteorite bars) , gold bow with flaming arrows and some decent buffs

Edited by Razz at 11:01:32 20-12-2013

--------------------------------------------------------------------
    Steam/PSN/XBOX: Razztafarai | 3DS: 1246-9674-8856
    --------------------------------------------------------------------

• Moot_Point 20 Dec 2013 11:04:02 3,503 posts
    Seen 49 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Aww I want a dragon helmet. ;_;

How deep are you F_P?

• aros 20 Dec 2013 11:13:50 2,053 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I got to the bottom of the world and didn't find any armour :( I found an awesome potion though that allowed me to reach the top of the world, and jump a building in a single bound trophies though (two minutes after hitting the bottom of the world and dying!)
  • Page

of 22 First / Last