Xbox One digital game prices increased in UK, Microsoft confirms

• Page

of 8 First / Last

Previous
  • INSOMANiAC 11 Dec 2013 14:16:16 3,829 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I mean seriously, how much more can this company fuck up the reputation they built up with the Xbox 360??

"Yes, pricing for select digital content in some markets has changed since launch," a Microsoft spokesperson said in a statement to CVG.

"Digital content pricing is subject to change and we may occasionally offer various deals or promotions. Ultimately pricing and promotions will vary by region."
    Basically, they've added a fiver to Ryse, Forza Motorsport 5 and Dead Rising 3. I'm being serious.

CVG

Edited by INSOMANiAC at 14:17:42 11-12-2013

Steam - iN5OMANiAC
    PSN - iN5OMANiCAL

• Bremenacht 11 Dec 2013 14:19:31 18,275 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    "Digital content pricing is subject to change and we may occasionally offer various deals or promotions. Ultimately pricing and promotions will vary by region."
    Deals and promotions! Ohhhhhh tempting!
  • INSOMANiAC 11 Dec 2013 14:21:27 3,829 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I cant work out whether this is the promotion 'PAY AN EXTRA FIVER !!!'

Or the original price was 'promotion'. (We'll pretend Xbone games are significantly cheaper than PS4 until you've bought into the system!). Every week you think thing they cant become bigger cunts, yet somehow they manage it.

Steam - iN5OMANiAC
    PSN - iN5OMANiCAL

• TheSaint 11 Dec 2013 14:26:27 14,413 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    A loaf of bread at the supermarket was 20p more expensive than last week when I went in the other day.

Add Waitrose to the cunt list as well or maybe prices just change?
  • Buztafen 11 Dec 2013 14:27:44 16,234 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Didn't they say it was something to do with supporting the retail market (which is still having a shit time) during the initial launch period of the next gen consoles?
  • INSOMANiAC 11 Dec 2013 14:28:12 3,829 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    You're right, adding 5.00 to the price of digital content three weeks after people have bought the system is exactly the same as 20 pence being added to the price of a loaf. Excellent analogy.

I despair at some people I really do!

Steam - iN5OMANiAC
    PSN - iN5OMANiCAL

• INSOMANiAC 11 Dec 2013 14:29:41 3,829 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @Buztafen They're all heart aren't they! Maybe give the retail the game at a cheaper price if they wanted to help them? What they are doing is trying to keep the value of the physical copy artificially high, IMO

Steam - iN5OMANiAC
    PSN - iN5OMANiCAL

• Buztafen 11 Dec 2013 14:33:36 16,234 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    INSOMANiAC wrote:
    @Buztafen They're all heart aren't they! Maybe give the retail the game at a cheaper price if they wanted to help them? What they are doing is trying to keep the value of the physical copy artificially high, IMO
    Possibly, but atleast they're giving retailers a chance this christmas period so they don't completely disappear. It wont last.
  • INSOMANiAC 11 Dec 2013 14:36:11 3,829 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I can't believe people are treating this with anything other than the contempt it deserves. Giving retailers a 'helping hand' by inflating their digital prices? Its a cunts move.

Steam - iN5OMANiAC
    PSN - iN5OMANiCAL

• PazJohnMitch 11 Dec 2013 14:36:39 8,058 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    GAME were selling most games at 5 over RRP. I guess MS just changed their prices to match.

As a Vita owner the 25 sticker on Tearaway really annoys me. It was even advertised as 20 on the TV!
  • INSOMANiAC 11 Dec 2013 14:39:58 3,829 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @PazJohnMitch 19.99 on the PS Store, mind you thats digital of course, and if you have Game credit.. (As I do).

The number of times I've walked in GAME with a load of credit and come out empty handed because of their price gouging.... I have a PS4 on preorder and I won't be buying a single game out of GAME for the fucker, I'd rather get Steam or PSN credit.

Steam - iN5OMANiAC
    PSN - iN5OMANiCAL

• nickthegun 11 Dec 2013 14:40:23 59,937 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    'We have put prices up so we can bring them down again, you fucks'.

---------------------------------------------------------
    someone say something funny

• nickthegun 11 Dec 2013 14:41:00 59,937 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    INSOMANiAC wrote:
    @PazJohnMitch 19.99 on the PS Store, mind you thats digital of course, and if you have Game credit.. (As I do).

The number of times I've walked in GAME with a load of credit and come out empty handed because of their price gouging.... I have a PS4 on preorder and I won't be buying a single game out of GAME for the fucker, I'd rather get Steam or PSN credit.
    Dont you own a videogame store or am I thinking of someone else?

---------------------------------------------------------
    someone say something funny

• Stickman 11 Dec 2013 14:41:04 29,666 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    TheSaint wrote:
    A loaf of bread at the supermarket was 20p more expensive than last week when I went in the other day.

Worst.

Comparison.

Ever.

THIS SPACE FOR RENT

• PazJohnMitch 11 Dec 2013 14:44:05 8,058 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    nickthegun wrote:
    INSOMANiAC wrote:

Dont you own a videogame store or am I thinking of someone else?
    I don't
  • INSOMANiAC 11 Dec 2013 14:46:38 3,829 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @nickthegun I did do, shut it down about 6 months ago when I foresaw a digital future that thankfully never happened. Indie games shops are on their arse, its an uphill battle with kids these days only basically wanting COD, GTA and FIFA. Still, I've whinged about that before.

Steam - iN5OMANiAC
    PSN - iN5OMANiCAL

• PazJohnMitch 11 Dec 2013 14:46:39 8,058 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @INSOMANiAC Tearaway price annoys me as it is my Christmas present from my Mum. Feel the bastards have ripped her off by adding 20% to the price.
  • INSOMANiAC 11 Dec 2013 14:47:23 3,829 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @PazJohnMitch I'd get the manager and make them give it me for the advertised price, but then, I can be a right bastard when I feel like I'm getting ripped off.

Steam - iN5OMANiAC
    PSN - iN5OMANiCAL

• thedaveeyres 11 Dec 2013 14:49:37 11,070 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    This is absolutely bonkers.

Not good bonkers, like Boris Johnson, but bad bonkers, like Boris Johnson.

D****** ******r

XBLA: Hamster Trippin
    Steam: thedaveeyres
    PSN: HamsterTrippin

• sanctusmortis 11 Dec 2013 14:50:19 9,631 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    The Xbox One exclusive games are still cheaper than Sony's PlayStation 4-exclusive games on the PlayStation Store. Knack and Killzone: Shadow Fall are 52.99 each.

But now in both Microsoft and Sony's case the physical versions of their console exclusives are cheaper than the digital versions.

Last month PlayStation UK boss Fergal Gara told Eurogamer in an interview that the pricing of its digital games was affected by Sony's desire to keep shops on-side during the crucial console launch period, but that they would come down in time.
    So, it's to do with not pissing off GAME et al, and it was pretty obvious they'd have to do it, and it'll change in time.

And, as usual, people react like enraged chimps. Oh internet.
  • Deckard1 11 Dec 2013 14:53:04 27,995 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I'm surprised they were that cheap in the first place to be honest, Haven't seen them priced anywhere below 54.99 in any of the shops I've been in.
  • INSOMANiAC 11 Dec 2013 14:54:35 3,829 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @sanctusmortis I think its more a case of 'We'll sell it at 45 initally so all the day one buyers will buy it digital, then we'll raise the price and in one fell swoop, pretend the initial price was a 'promotion' we never mentioned and that we're doing the retailers a favour.'

If gamers can't get pissy about a publisher raising prices by a fiver a fortnight before christmas, on a machine thats been out 3 weeks.... then we really are in trouble.

Steam - iN5OMANiAC
    PSN - iN5OMANiCAL

• sanctusmortis 11 Dec 2013 14:57:41 9,631 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @INSOMANiAC I'd say if we've lost perspective of anything other than "my game went up a fiver digitally" then all hope is lost anyway.
  • INSOMANiAC 11 Dec 2013 14:59:24 3,829 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @sanctusmortis I'd say, if discussing the sudden unannounced increase in game prices can't be discussed on a forum about games then the whole forum is a pointless exercise, and as you have 9500 posts I'm assuming you use it for something.

Edited by INSOMANiAC at 15:01:53 11-12-2013

Steam - iN5OMANiAC
    PSN - iN5OMANiCAL

• thedaveeyres 11 Dec 2013 14:59:30 11,070 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @sanctusmortis I'd say that, as usual, you need to extract your tongue from Rodger Microsoft's rectal passage.

Edited by thedaveeyres at 14:59:53 11-12-2013

D****** ******r

• TheSaint 11 Dec 2013 15:05:45 14,413 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Stickman wrote:
    TheSaint wrote:

Worst.

Comparison.

Ever.
    Maybe but it still comes down to the face that shops can charge what they want, nobody is forcing you to buy it.
  • INSOMANiAC 11 Dec 2013 15:08:31 3,829 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @TheSaint I'd say bread could be considered one of the major foods that people are generally forced to buy....

I think you just need to knock that ridiculous analogy on the head before you're dragged away by the men in white coats...

Steam - iN5OMANiAC
    PSN - iN5OMANiCAL

• thedaveeyres 11 Dec 2013 15:09:53 11,070 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    It's all getting A BIT FRACTIOUS.

D****** ******r

• ResidentKnievel 11 Dec 2013 15:10:40 6,201 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    consloles

[code]Armoured_Bear wrote:
    Unlike yourself, I don't have a weird obsession with any platform.[/code]

• INSOMANiAC 11 Dec 2013 15:11:51 3,829 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    It's an internet forum about games. I'd say it's doing pretty well so far! Wait until the professional trolls, 'Dirtbox' etc get a grip on it

Steam - iN5OMANiAC
    PSN - iN5OMANiCAL

• Page

of 8 First / Last

Previous