No Man's Sky Page 273

• Page

of 273 First / Last

Next
  • ubergine 29 Aug 2017 05:30:02 7,427 posts
    Seen 31 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    The art direction was literally modeled on those sci-fi novel covers.
  • mrharvest 29 Aug 2017 06:37:41 5,430 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    I think I might just be the target audience for this game then. :D
  • Scimarad 29 Aug 2017 09:20:08 9,223 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Me too:)

My hydroponic trays are being a pain in the arse. They seem to drain while I'm either offline or away from my base, which would be fine if the plants had grown in the intervening time but they haven't. Weird thing is, if I refill one of them then they all seem to 'wake up' with a little bit of charge. Strange.
  • ubergine 1 Sep 2017 13:57:16 7,427 posts
    Seen 31 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Jebus, PS4 is now downloading 1.35. It's like they're submitting a new patch every second day!

I've hit a wall with it, have a mission to fight Sentinel ships in space and they are fucking impossible. There's some kind of bug preventing me using shield plate things to restore my shield as well, which doesn't help. It's really showing the weakness of the space combat, I'm not even getting direction markers most of the time.
  • mrharvest 1 Sep 2017 14:10:18 5,430 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Oh, here's a tip for fighting the sentinel ships: you don't have to fight them in space. Attract their attention and just head to the nearest planet. They are rubbish at atmospheric flight and you can basically just shoot them like they're oversized target practice. Also doesn't matter which sentinel ship you destroy, if you accidentally lose the mission spawned ships, you can just go shoot at a freighter until the space po-po come at you.

I thought the space combat was bad, until I got a good ship. There's definitely tactics to it, and pirate ship missions are my favourite now.

Speaking of missions, I wish there was an option to categorically decline all "kill the animals" missions. I did one for the story line and felt terrible! Those poor critters, what'd they ever do? :'-(
  • ubergine 1 Sep 2017 15:43:56 7,427 posts
    Seen 31 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I'll try that. I'm getting swamped by four fighter ships and a huge ship as well. I speed away from the huge ship but the smaller ships just roast me.
  • Doozler 2 Sep 2017 10:29:59 87 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Just deleted my save and jumped back in for the first time since vanilla. It's still good! I'm surprised how much I'm enjoying the "walk around and pick up rocks" aspect.
  • ubergine 2 Sep 2017 15:02:26 7,427 posts
    Seen 31 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @mrharvest Sentinel Ship tip worked, thanks!
  • mrharvest 2 Sep 2017 15:22:51 5,430 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Nice!
  • ubergine 3 Sep 2017 01:42:50 7,427 posts
    Seen 31 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Killed maybe 7 of the pricks before it was clear they respawn infinitely. It was a better record than in space though - zero.
  • ubergine 24 Sep 2017 23:35:35 7,427 posts
    Seen 31 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Back into this again after a break. They've patched in the ability to quickmove stuff from any inventory to any inventory or just double-tap the triangle button to move it to the starship as before.

I seem to have nearly finished the base-building related quests. Now I want to scrap the whole base and rebuild around good farming practices for the vast wealths.
  • mrharvest 25 Sep 2017 05:33:18 5,430 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    How much farming would you need to do to make "vast wealths"? :o

Before I got suckered away back to ESO, I was mostly making money from missions. ~200k for each seemed pretty decent if it was a simple job.
  • ubergine 25 Sep 2017 09:21:58 7,427 posts
    Seen 31 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    You can set up a bunch of farms, harvest them at intervals (between 15 mins and two hours depending on the material) then craft stuff from the crops, some of which sell for a million a piece.

There's a fairly long questline to unlock and set up all the stuff, which I enjoyed, and from then on you can just teleport back every now and then and harvest all the shit and craft or use it to plant more to produce more quickly.
  • monkman76 25 Sep 2017 10:12:09 11,663 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Which of the three gameplay types is the best one then? Assuming there are still three. I haven't played it since they were added.
  • ubergine 25 Sep 2017 11:43:30 7,427 posts
    Seen 31 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Best? Or best for you? I play in survival because normal has no real danger, but I do reload the game if I ever die. A key tip I'd give is that, whenever you return to your ship, get in, get out, get in again then take off. The game only saves when you get out of your ship or use a save station.
    There's nothing much worse than crossing a planet for hours, getting in your ship then losing a fight in space and losing everything you did.
  • ubergine 6 Oct 2017 13:59:50 7,427 posts
    Seen 31 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    1.38 patch notes:

https://www.nomanssky.com/2017/10/atlas-rises-patch-1-38/
  • mrharvest 6 Oct 2017 14:28:06 5,430 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    "Improved NPC ship target selection in space battles, prevented them reacting to accidental player fire"
    Yes please, thank you!

I love how much they update the game. If they had some like "donate 10 bucks to keep this going" campaign, I'd be up for it. Even if they had to call it DLC (eugh).
  • Page

of 273 First / Last

Next

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.