No Man's Sky Page 271

• Page

of 273 First / Last

• Scimarad 20 Aug 2017 19:05:36 9,245 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    I had bug where I didn't get all the extra blueprints from the Overseer after you hand him the Pugneum. I've started again and I'm going to make sure I've only got one mission on the go next time I get to that point.
  • FuzzyDucky 20 Aug 2017 20:53:00 2,678 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Picked this up yesterday and abandoned already.

Got off my starting planet, but there's almost no gameplay, it looks like an early PS3 game and if I was that into inventory management I'd just sit playing with Excel. Ho hum.
  • ubergine 20 Aug 2017 20:56:35 7,509 posts
    Seen 21 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @GloatingSwine Is that a one-arrow or three-arrow hazard?

My cold planet drops at a rate of one arrow and doesn't seem to get storms so far. I've only found one three-alarm planet that I recall, with toxic rain, kept getting sent there in the earlier part of the questline, including to the phone tower.

When it wanted me to go to a the phone tower again I went "hell with this" and jumped to a new system before doing the "scan for a tower" part.

I reckon you could find a kinder planet, search for habitable base via signal booster, and just continue from there. Backup your save first?
  • Gibroon 20 Aug 2017 21:45:18 1,936 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Saw a very bizarre s-class ship. It was sat on it's very large wingtips with a spherical helm on top. When it flew off, the wings flipped up on top vertically to the helm. Couldn't afford it and will probably never see the like again.
  • ubergine 20 Aug 2017 21:58:35 7,509 posts
    Seen 21 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I can now afford the Very Awesome Ship I saw at the start and will never see again.
  • Gibroon 20 Aug 2017 23:25:18 1,936 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I've just watched the video I recorded and I got the whole wing thing the opposite way round.  A bit like the  kylo ren ship in a way. I could have bought it as well, only 15 slots about 7 upgrade slots though and pretty much 50% boost on weapons,  shield and hyperdrive.

If it had landed on my freighter I would have definitely bought it. Actually I should have bought it outright and flown my old ship back to freighter.  Doh!
  • quadfather 21 Aug 2017 10:24:09 29,600 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    ubergine wrote:
    quadfather wrote:
    I got to the Artemis quest line where you have to get a base.

Of course, it's located on a really hostile planet with extreme storms and radiation. ffs. So I've got to build it enough to end the questline, and then relocate it somewhere better. Ballache!
    I have a strong suspicion you could build it on a different planet, and it would still progress if it's working as they intend.
    Hm, after reading up, it seems there are potential issues with trying to move the Artemis base. Or rebuild one somewhere else.

Problem is, I don't want to read the spoilers about the quest line - I just want to know if it's possible to stop the base building I'm currently doing on a really hard planet and move it somewhere else. To someone that's done this, can you let me know if it's possible? (I'd try it now but I'm at work). At the moment, all I've done is put a few rooms down - I haven't hired anyone yet.
  • mrharvest 21 Aug 2017 11:18:53 5,449 posts
    Seen 15 minutes ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    I've been loving this now that I started on the easy difficulty. However, I got a mission called Awakenings - Tune your starship communicator to the mystery signal. I have no idea how to access the communicator. It doesn't show me a key to press, the icon looks like the Quick menu icon but pressing that ... opens the quick menu?
  • quadfather 21 Aug 2017 11:22:12 29,600 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    mrharvest wrote:
    I've been loving this now that I started on the easy difficulty. However, I got a mission called Awakenings - Tune your starship communicator to the mystery signal. I have no idea how to access the communicator. It doesn't show me a key to press, the icon looks like the Quick menu icon but pressing that ... opens the quick menu?
    Do you need to go into space and use the down arrow which brings up the Communications doo dah?
  • ubergine 21 Aug 2017 13:10:30 7,509 posts
    Seen 21 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    On PS4 you fly into space and push down on the d-pad. No idea what PC equivalent is.

This game is on PC too, right?
  • mrharvest 21 Aug 2017 13:27:06 5,449 posts
    Seen 15 minutes ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    D: What communications doo dah? :D
    I literally can't find it in the keybinds. I may be blind though!
  • ubergine 21 Aug 2017 13:36:19 7,509 posts
    Seen 21 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    It's the same button you push to access the galaxy map and some other shit. On PS4.
  • mrharvest 21 Aug 2017 13:40:53 5,449 posts
    Seen 15 minutes ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Well, I figured it out. See, on PC this is how it (doesn't) works:
    M opens galactic map and there's no communicator in that menu. But I noticed I had bound quick menu to tab, however inventory is always bound to tab and can't be overridden. So what I thought was the quick menu, was actually inventory. I rebound quick menu to q and communicator can be accessed from the quick menu.

TLDR: Don't bind anything to tab, won't work.
  • quadfather 21 Aug 2017 14:35:27 29,600 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    :)
  • ubergine 21 Aug 2017 17:09:55 7,509 posts
    Seen 21 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I've really lucked out with my base planet. After spending the first act of the Artemis thing on three-alarm planets, went to a different system then activated the next bit (scan for Apollo's agent who'll point you at a base).

Turns out the base is in an area with question marks all exactly two minutes apart, one alarm planet with no storms ever (so far) and just generally the planetary part of the game near its best.

I don't think there's such a thing on Survival as a paradise planet without frenzied sentinels, but I'd take this frosty planet over that any day. Sentinels are a pain in the ass.
  • quadfather 21 Aug 2017 18:42:52 29,600 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @ubergine

So you've managed to move your base, or at least claim a different one on a different planet and it's all cool with the Artemis quest line?
  • ubergine 22 Aug 2017 02:50:10 7,509 posts
    Seen 21 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    No, I changed systems from Shitplanet System before I even scanned for the guy who directs you to a base. Went like this:

Apollo says "make a base, talk to my guy"
    HUD says "scan to find Apollo's agent"
    I go "fuck this system I'm in"
    Travels to new system
    Scans for guy,
    Happens to be on planet that isn't fucked
  • quadfather 22 Aug 2017 07:53:30 29,600 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @ubergine

Right I see.

Well I'm good news, I left shit place after being directed there via the quest, found another place, claimed it and the quest automatically moved over to this one, so that's good too
  • ubergine 22 Aug 2017 10:37:17 7,509 posts
    Seen 21 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I'm glad. That's what I figured would happen, if Hello Games did their job.
  • quadfather 22 Aug 2017 10:47:16 29,600 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Yeah, it worked, it's just this planet is 'ok' and it's the only one in the system. I think I need a place with more planets to hop around. Though I've just visited an Atlas station and picked up 2 warp cells, so I might warp off on the Artemis timeline in the galaxy map till I find a more abundant system I think.

Also, the Atlas seed things you can make - what can you do with those?
  • FWB 22 Aug 2017 11:13:41 54,057 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Where do I find circuit boards? No station seems to sell them.

Also, unless you upload a system/item, someone else can claim it as theirs first, right? Logged in last night to find out someone had done so to my home system.
  • quadfather 22 Aug 2017 11:32:36 29,600 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    FWB wrote:
    Where do I find circuit boards? No station seems to sell them.

Also, unless you upload a system/item, someone else can claim it as theirs first, right? Logged in last night to find out someone had done so to my home system.
    I am sure I remember reading that you get the circuit boards as part of base building. Whether it's something that one of the hired help does, or a blueprint, I'm not sure - but I'm sure it's to do with bases as I'm currently up to my eyeballs in base info at the moment
  • Scimarad 22 Aug 2017 11:39:10 9,245 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    The scientist teaches you how to make circuit boards but you need to do quite a few things before you get to that part.
  • FWB 22 Aug 2017 11:42:45 54,057 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    He's asking me to find a circuit board so that he can create the blueprint. That's the problem.

Oh Google tells me this is a big and means I cannot advance further. :( Man...

Edited by FWB at 11:45:52 22-08-2017
  • Scimarad 22 Aug 2017 13:09:08 9,245 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Oh, that's weird. My Overseer asked me to create a circuit board but I had to progress the scientist questline to get it. Or rather, I think he wanted me to get a circuit board so he could make a trade terminal.
  • ubergine 22 Aug 2017 14:36:51 7,509 posts
    Seen 21 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Version 1.33 just dropped on PS4, looking for patch notes.
  • Gibroon 22 Aug 2017 14:43:55 1,936 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    @FWB

You will need to do more missions for the scientist to get blueprints for a couple of other items in order to be able to build circuit boards for the overseer.

My missions are a bit broken too, hopefully the new patch will fix it. A guy called justjarrod on YouTube did a video of patch notes for v1.33 a couple of days ago, not sure how he got hold of them though.
  • ubergine 22 Aug 2017 15:02:50 7,509 posts
    Seen 21 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    It was a prerelease experiment patch on steam.

It's 2.2 gb on ps4! Bit big for a bug fix.
  • ubergine 24 Aug 2017 03:12:31 7,509 posts
    Seen 21 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Not sure if it was a bug introduced in 1.33, but the Korvax system I warped to and parked in before calling it a night in 1.32, was a Vykeen (sp?) system when I reloaded in 1.33. Well, it still SAID it was a Korvax system, everywhere it tells you that (eg Korvax Mission Guy) but the npcs were Vykeen guys.

So, had to warp again to find my scientist. Wouldnt be a big deal if I wasn't compelled to explore every planet in each system.
  • Gibroon 24 Aug 2017 03:20:22 1,936 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    On a nightshift this week but just got home and about to try out the new patch in the hope it fixes my slightly broken survival. Fingers crossed.
  • Page

of 273 First / Last

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.