Bluetooth issues :(

• Page

of 1

Previous Next
  • Gradius 6 Dec 2013 13:47:09 2,305 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Hello people, just wondering if anyone might be able to help me, basically I just bought a Bluetooth dongle from Argos for my PC running Windows 7 64bit, the dongle is apparently compatible with Win7 but it doesn't seem to fully work, my PC is able to find my Bluetooth devices now but I still cannot transfer data between devices, my PC simply brings up the error message "bluetooth peripheral device - driver not found".

On checking Google for help people seem to suggest to (re-)install the drivers for my dongle but this dongle is plug&play and didn't have any driver CD with it. The Dongle also seems to work fine on my Vista system.. So is this a Windows 7 issue? If so, is there any way around it?
  • Tricky 6 Dec 2013 14:35:17 4,467 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Go to Device Manager and find out exactly which make/model of BT adapter it is. Then do a search for drivers for that model - see what you can find.
  • Gradius 6 Dec 2013 14:56:32 2,305 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @Tricky Thanks mate, but still no luck, not a big deal, I'll just return the thing and buy one I know comes with specific Win7 drivers, cheers anyway.
  • Page

of 1

Previous Next