Resogun Page 6

• Page

of 8 First / Last

• FuzzyDuck 18 Dec 2013 09:50:48 3,561 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @TheDarkKnight

I used the Nemesis ship (the one with the shit guns but good boost) for my Veteran run. I kept getting killed at that point with the bullets too. What I did to eventually beat him is boost through the swarm of bullets and the boss himself until you come out the other side. This gives you the chance to blast him for a second or two before he changes the direction of his own shots.

Rinse, repeat, rejoice.
  • TheDarkKnight 18 Dec 2013 10:16:33 597 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 11 months ago
    @FuzzyDuck Yes I'm using the Nemesis too, it's my favourite, but I haven't used the one that's good with the overdrive much, admittedly (forget the name). Nice tip, I'll give it a go.

What I love about boost is that it also clears bullets in the blast radius when you stop. You can boost into a hail of bullets, clear out enough space to shoot the main offender, then boost out. Don't like overdrive much, but will be giving it more of a go on another playthrough.

A silent guardian, a watchful protector. A Dark Knight. Twitch PSN The_Apostle

• FuzzyDuck 18 Dec 2013 10:23:10 3,561 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @TheDarkKnight

I think the overdrive ship is Phobos. It's essential for clearing a stage on Master difficulty, Nemesis' guns are insanely weak against the first level's boss, whereas Phobos destroys it. Overdrive is good for racking up high scores (had a dabble, but no serious challenge from me yet!).

Have you got the trophy for reaching a boss by only using boost? I did that with Nemesis and found when I jumped back into my Veteran playthrough I was much better at boosting out of tight spots.
  • TheDarkKnight 20 Dec 2013 09:05:01 597 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 11 months ago
    This was posted on the Playstation subreddit by user Spunkyhereboy.

spunkyhereboy wrote

[score hidden] 1 hour ago*
    This is a follow up to this post: http://www.reddit.com/r/PS4/comments/1s894v/an_image_i_made_to_keep_track_of_every_reward_you/
    I added in all of the Multiplier Requirement values that everyone was asking for. Also made the entire chart smaller.
    Hover: The keepers will hover in one place, moving up and down slightly
    Swarm: The keepers will swarm towards the player, trying to run into you
    In & Out: The keepers will follow a path, leading them into the level and right back out of the level
    March: The keepers will fly in a predetermined path around the level
    Specific Order: The keepers will be "marching" around the level, but you must kill them in a specific order
    Bottom Row: The keepers are along the floor of the level, shooting upwards
    Big Guy: Just one big enemy that will come after you (one of the 3-armed spinning guys)
    Multiplier Requirement: There are no keepers for this human. You must have a high enough multiplier when the time comes.
    Edited by TheDarkKnight at 09:06:45 20-12-2013

• mrpon 21 Dec 2013 00:25:18 27,664 posts
    Seen 57 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Topped a few Veteran boards.

Give yourself 5 or gig, you're worth it.

• Scimarad 21 Dec 2013 10:59:59 8,501 posts
    Seen 29 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Doesn't seem to be showing high scores any more, for some reason. Just says 'loading'.
  • -cerberus- 22 Dec 2013 12:06:35 2,103 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 3 years ago

Impressive!

Edited by -cerberus- at 12:06:44 22-12-2013

"You see it too? For me, it's always like this..."
    (Angela Orosco - Silent Hill 2)

• TheDarkKnight 23 Dec 2013 07:35:08 597 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 11 months ago
    Very impressive indeed He didn't even use a bomb until level 2. Also give me some hints on L2 boss on veteran. I see he keeps the last human until just before the boss powers up so he can get the shield protection for maximum time. Also sticks close to it and the Phobos takes out the outer weak spots so much quicker than the Nemesis.

• xXJippedXx 23 Dec 2013 08:29:26 201 posts
    Seen 24 minutes ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    Finally got the trophy for finishing the game without using a continue on experieced, phobos is an absolute beast once you learn the finer points of the game.

Now to push on and get my first PS4 Platinum!

xXJippedXx... on EVERYTHING!

• FuzzyDuck 23 Dec 2013 14:26:46 3,561 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @xXJippedXx

Nice one, that was probably the most difficult but enjoyable trophy for myself.

I got my Plat (last night) fairly easily after that one.
  • xXJippedXx 23 Dec 2013 14:43:55 201 posts
    Seen 24 minutes ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    Yea, that's clearly the biggest stumbling block on the road to Platinum city. It took me a couple of weeks but I actually did it with 4 lives to spare last night.

• TheDarkKnight 23 Dec 2013 14:44:37 597 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 11 months ago
    When it says complete the game with each ship, can you do it one level at a time, or does it need to be in one complete run through? I lost track of what levels I've completed with which ship tbh, but it's hardly a chore to play through another three times.

I think I'm at 82% trophy wise. I'm gonna make the effort for the platinum I think. Would be my first ever, so would be nice to get it for this game.

• FuzzyDuck 23 Dec 2013 15:07:46 3,561 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @TheDarkKnight

You have to do all the levels from the first to the last in one sitting per ship (continues are allowed, as is a Rookie playthrough).
  • OllyJ 28 Dec 2013 12:53:14 3,199 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I don't get it, my pad says humans found then I search for them and then I get human lost!

Am I.missing a major thing here? How do I find the humans?
  • Scimarad 28 Dec 2013 12:56:18 8,501 posts
    Seen 29 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Human found? I thought it normally only went "Human in Danger" "Human Lost" or "Human Saved". Usually they'll be a green arrow sticking out of your ship indicating where the released human is.
  • -cerberus- 28 Dec 2013 12:58:33 2,103 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @OllyJ In most cases, you need to destroy the keepers (enemies with green glow) to free a human. Some keepers need to be destroyed in a specific order, or else the human will die. Some humans can only be saved once your multiplier has reached a certain point (it will glow green as well). If your multiplier is low, the human will automatically die.
    If a human has been freed but you're not fast enough to pick it up and carry it to the rescue pod, a UFO will come and try to abduct the human ("Human in Danger!"). Destroy the UFO and save the human.

Edited by -cerberus- at 12:59:43 28-12-2013

"You see it too? For me, it's always like this..."
    (Angela Orosco - Silent Hill 2)

• OllyJ 28 Dec 2013 13:00:17 3,199 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    That's something I feel the game could do with explaining or highlighting. How on earth are you supposed to know that?
  • FuzzyDuck 28 Dec 2013 13:00:49 3,561 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @OllyJ

There'll be a cluster of enemies glowing green, you'll have to take them out before they disappear and it'll free a human.

There's also one or two humans per level that will die automatically if you don't meet certain criteria (usually have a certain;y level of multiplyer, or kill a few green enemies in a certain order).

It's a bit trial and error at first, but it'll click.
  • OllyJ 28 Dec 2013 13:00:50 3,199 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @Scimarad or words to that effect!
  • Scimarad 28 Dec 2013 13:05:27 8,501 posts
    Seen 29 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    @OllyJ

I think it's supposed to be a trial an error thing where you figure it out for yourself. To be fair on the 'specific order' thing, once you see the Keepers that you need to do that for it does make it fairly obvious which order you need to shoot them in. Still, there are a lot of things you need to keep an eye on in this game!
  • OllyJ 28 Dec 2013 13:07:41 3,199 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Ok I'll keep at it, loving the game but the human rescue aspect seems either poorly designed or badly explained.
  • mrpon 28 Dec 2013 13:12:50 27,664 posts
    Seen 57 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Olly, have a look at the image TheDarkKnight posted on this page.

Give yourself 5 or gig, you're worth it.

• Progguitarist 28 Dec 2013 13:17:40 10,317 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    89 million is my highest score now. I need a break from it.
  • OllyJ 28 Dec 2013 13:18:29 3,199 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Ah the pad is saying " keepers detected"!
  • xXJippedXx 28 Dec 2013 14:48:38 201 posts
    Seen 24 minutes ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    Got the Platinum last night, AMAZING GAME!!!

• TheDarkKnight 28 Dec 2013 16:18:31 597 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 11 months ago
    Hmm, I was just trying to get the "driving license" trophy, did it on rookie with the nemesis on Acis, no trophy pop. Pretty sure I didn't accidentally use my guns, I mean, you have to use them at the boss don't you, and in the description it says "get to any boss with boost only". Will have another go later.

• jimlufc 28 Dec 2013 22:56:18 116 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    The trophy pops up as soon as the boss appears iirc.

Can't use bullets or bombs.
  • Vortex808 29 Dec 2013 00:45:08 6,573 posts
    Seen 47 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Just got that damned driving licence one after numerous attempts over the last few weeks.

This game really is digital crack. I have lost the twitch reflex ability a bit, yet it still draws me back for one more. Thank christ it doesn't cost 20p a go or I'd be missing buses due to having no fare and walking home like I used to about 25-30 years ago.
  • TheDarkKnight 29 Dec 2013 08:25:58 597 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 11 months ago
    jimlufc wrote:
    The trophy pops up as soon as the boss appears iirc.

Can't use bullets or bombs.
    Hmm, I don't know why it didn't pop then. I guessed not to use bombs, all I can imagine is I fired my guns too early before the boss fully constructed. I'll have another go now.

Yeah Vortex, completely addictive game. Give me these sort of games over all the modern FPS', RPG's, open world etc etc, any day of the week.

• Vortex808 29 Dec 2013 09:39:18 6,573 posts
    Seen 47 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @TheDarkKnight

The trophy unlocked for me as the first boss was assembling. There were still some enemies kicking about too. Are you sure you haven't missed it popping while concentrating on what's going on around you?
  • Page

of 8 First / Last