How do you lose games. Are you a good loser or a bad loser?

• Page

of 2 First / Last

Previous
  • tenofspades 4 Dec 2013 08:38:00 1,693 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I have to admit I'm a frightfully bad loser. So I'm looking for tips and that how to lose better.
    And also to find out how EG users handle defeat?
    Are you a good loser, or a bad loser?
  • Mola_Ram 4 Dec 2013 08:40:18 6,989 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    I lost a DS game (Animal Crossing) on a train once.

It was in a carry case, I think I left it on the seat.
  • cheeky_prawnking 4 Dec 2013 08:53:29 4,279 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Show me a good loser and I will show you a loser.

Something like that anyway.
  • boo 4 Dec 2013 08:58:41 11,706 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    If I ever lose a game, I'll let you know.

Just Another Lego Blog

• rockavitch 4 Dec 2013 09:06:35 286 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I accept it and move on with my life, it's only a game.

Follow me on Twitter @MikeRockavitch ... from a distance of course ... No fat chicks ...

• DUFFMAN5 4 Dec 2013 09:10:44 14,435 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Not going to go on about your title, I'm above that ;)

Re games, if I ever lose it is never my fault...

After me

"Soy un perdedor
    I'm a loser baby, so why don't you kill me?
    (Double-barrel buckshot)
    Soy un perdidor
    I'm a loser baby, so why don't you kill me?"

"Duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem! Oh, yeah!"

• ZuluHero 4 Dec 2013 09:20:39 4,028 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Depends on the game - if its the game against you, ie AI or whatever, there is no point worrying about it. If its multiplayer, then count to 10, breathe, grit your teeth do whatever to keep under control. Outbursts look childish, especially over something as trivial as gaming.

There is always going to be someone better than you, just as there is always going to be be people worse than you. Enjoy the victories and learn from the defeats. But don't throw your toys from the pram in doing so :)
  • vijay_UK 4 Dec 2013 09:47:52 2,080 posts
    Seen 50 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    tenofspades wrote:
    I have to admit I'm a frightfully bad loser. So I'm looking for tips and that how to lose better.
    And also to find out how EG users handle defeat?
    Rage quit like the rest of us.
  • Deleted user 4 December 2013 09:53:10
    How can you lose a download?
    I am a good winner.
  • midnight_walker 4 Dec 2013 10:01:24 1,876 posts
    Seen 19 seconds ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Against other people, it doesn't matter. I don't even think about it, it's just a game - if I win I win, if I lose I lose. Against AI I pretty much feel the same unless I fail again and again and AGAIN AND AFUCKINGGAIN AAAAAAAAHHHHH and then I ragequit.
  • Steve_Perry 4 Dec 2013 10:13:33 3,625 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    I had someone rage quit on me last night on SF4. I completely understood though. Nothing makes your blood boil more than that game.

VIVA STEFANSEN

• nickthegun 4 Dec 2013 10:24:14 58,885 posts
    Seen 24 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Steve_Perry wrote:
    I had someone rage quit on me last night on SF4. I completely understood though. Nothing makes your blood boil more than that game.
    Im usually a horrible loser, but if I get blown up, I dont mind it. If I lose because im playing badly, I rage like the hulk. I once pulled Alioune Sensei in ranked many moons ago and he just trapped me in a corner and murdered me, which was fine because he was amazing.

Having said that, if I have worked really hard with blanka through the match, only to lose to a herp derp srk->fadc>ultra or, even worse, c.fwd->ex-fireball->ultra I will lose my shit. Absolutely brain dead nonsense.

---------------------------------------------------------
    He totally called it

• Steve_Perry 4 Dec 2013 10:33:09 3,625 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Yeah I lost about 4 times to a jump back herpy derpy Ryu last night and felt like putting my stick through the window.

Similarly I don't mind getting done over by someone decent.

VIVA STEFANSEN

• Max_Powers 4 Dec 2013 10:34:40 1,089 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    SF4 is the only game in the last couple of years where I've seen grown men in their late twenties & thirties rage quit. Hurling controllers at the wall type quiting too. It was beautiful :)
  • CharlieStCloud 4 Dec 2013 10:40:37 5,098 posts
    Seen 39 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I am a startling good loser.

... my top tip is to have a nice cuppa Earl Grey waiting besides you if you lose.

Drink. Cleanse. Refreshed.
  • Syrette 4 Dec 2013 11:10:00 43,108 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I tend to just smack my bitch up.

• Steve_Perry 4 Dec 2013 11:17:07 3,625 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Max_Powers wrote:
    SF4 is the only game in the last couple of years where I've seen grown men in their late twenties & thirties rage quit. Hurling controllers at the wall type quiting too. It was beautiful :)
    It really does make you mad. There are loads of videos online of people going ape shit.

One of my favourite incidents was a guy called ImStillDaDaddy who is notorious for rage quitting and sending serious abuse over xbox live. He threatened to kill me once after I beat his Balrog with Hakan (in a rare match when he didn't rage quit when nearly about to lose). He is actually one of the UK's best players and is shit hot at the game. Not sure why he needs to go nuts.

Bionic Arm.

Funny rage audio.

Srs bsns.

VIVA STEFANSEN

• Max_Powers 4 Dec 2013 12:03:29 1,089 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    We played SFIV at our office and it was hilarious to see some colleagues who just hours before were all serious looking in their meetings and such go absolutely apeshit.

We had one guy throwing a tournament edition fight stick at the wall, walk out of the office shouting to only come back 15 minutes later. He really needed to cool down :)
  • Steve_Perry 4 Dec 2013 12:07:29 3,625 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Haha amazing. Stick throwing is the height of rage. Chucking a 100 toy up the wall.

VIVA STEFANSEN

• MadCaddy13 4 Dec 2013 12:13:24 1,858 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I can't play football manager because I absolutely can't stand losing. A and even though I know it's part of the game and all that I still can't take it!
  • Mr_Sleep 4 Dec 2013 12:15:18 16,853 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I don't really lose that badly against other human scrotes, if someone is better than me then so be it. If I lose to some cheesy nonsense then so be it, I should have been better. This did have an exception once when I was beaten on Soul Calibur 2 by a total novice who played as Voldo, he just spammed me and I felt a bit embarrassed. What annoyed me the most was that he knew it was a bit of a fluke and he refused to have a rematch.

The cheating Fifa AI is what brings out rage in me. I have thrown my pad a couple of times but always at some soft furnishing. I do find it odd how I throw it in annoyance but I always aim for something soft.

You are a factory of sadness.

• CosmicFuzz 4 Dec 2013 13:17:19 23,337 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Fighting games absolutely bring out the worst in me. Other games, I'm totally fine, but if I lose a match in a fighting game because the person is spamming the same move over and over (usually a throwing fireball or something, not letting me get close) then I lose my shit. It's awful. I've never smashes a controller but I've punched my sofa pretty damn hard.

Looking for a new gaming podcast to listen to? LOOK NO FURTHER!

• Fatiguez 4 Dec 2013 13:19:15 8,707 posts
    Seen 30 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Why play at all if you don't play to win
  • spindle9988 4 Dec 2013 13:35:12 3,504 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I had someone racially abuse me (he thought I was black) on fifa 14 the other day, after I just put the 4th goal in
  • Salaman 4 Dec 2013 13:41:25 18,878 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I was so bad at losing games, I gave up on gaming completely and discovered zen in bike riding.
  • Kanjin 4 Dec 2013 16:23:26 1,056 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Depends if it means I have to backtrack 1/2 hours worth of content.

Remember that bloke who went round and threatened to beat up a 12 year old he kind of knew because the kid was such a tosser? I sympathised with the guy after playing GTA online for a few days. I might have even stood aside and pretended I didn't see anything if I had been there.
  • Zomoniac 4 Dec 2013 16:32:49 7,805 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I don't mind losing to a more skilled player (though if I get trounced I won't exactly be happy about it), but I only get properly angry if I feel it's through broken game design. The grenade spamming enemies in CoD:WaW that would land grenades in a perfect circle around you so it was physically impossible to get out were impressive. As was Virtua Striker 2 on Dreamcast where it would suddenly seize control of your players and the selected player would turn and start running away from the direction you were holding so the AI could walk in an injury time winner. That fucks me off. But just not being good enough is just a by-product of my general gaming ineptitude.
  • Cappy 4 Dec 2013 16:34:04 11,832 posts
    Seen 39 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I'm just there to have fun, I don't mind losing but I tend to avoid online multiplayer due to the generally foul, ill mannered behaviour of other players, who nearly always turn out to be North Americans.

I tend to avoid people who take it too seriously, I rarely play one on one fighters for instance, I admit I'm mostly a button masher, I just don't want to deal with the rage when I beat someone who considered themselves an expert three times in a row in Street Fighter 2.
  • billythekid 4 Dec 2013 16:39:48 11,032 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    If I'm playing online, which is not very often frankly, I always take my beating like a man.
    I've been on the end of many FIFA thrashings and embarassing K/D ratios, but I'll always finish the game and never rage quit.

Offline however if something winds me up I'll just turn the thing off and play another game or something else entirely.
    I used to get really quite het up but it's not good for your blood pressure :D

Only ever broken one control and that was because it bounced off the sofa after I launched it. Lesson learned there.
  • nickthegun 4 Dec 2013 16:40:32 58,885 posts
    Seen 24 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Salaman wrote:
    I was so bad at losing games, I gave up on gaming completely and discovered zen in bike riding.
    Im not normally a violent person, but I was kind of hoping someone would run up and kick him.

---------------------------------------------------------
    He totally called it

• Page

of 2 First / Last

Previous