If you have problems logging in on homepage... Page 2

  • Page

    of 2 First / Last

    Next
  • Syrette 26 Nov 2013 18:11:07 41,820 posts
    Seen 14 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I'M SPARK_LOL

  • Tryhard 26 Nov 2013 18:11:58 3,485 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Everyone check to see if you have the correct genitalia while you are at it.
  • Moot_Point 26 Nov 2013 18:13:46 3,506 posts
    Seen 50 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @DFawkes I am guessing LB. REVEAL THE VOTE CAST! :D

    ================================================================================

    mowgli wrote: I can't believe this is still going. I'm far too hungover for this. I did not poop on a chair lol!

  • Whitster 26 Nov 2013 19:45:39 26 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    So have they made this 'minor' change then fucked off home for the day?

    Job well done guys.
  • kalel 26 Nov 2013 19:46:28 83,875 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Should probably consider taking the site offline to fix this. It seems to be a fairly major issue.
  • Carlo 26 Nov 2013 19:49:09 17,913 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    "Technical Director", lolz

    PSN ID: Djini

  • YoshiMcTaggis 26 Nov 2013 19:49:10 2,451 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Pfft you're not the real Kalel, he would say something boringly reasonable like... Oh you are the real kalel
  • Deleted user 26 November 2013 19:51:25
    YoshiMcTaggis wrote:
    Pfft you're not the real Kalel, he would say something boringly reasonable like... Oh you are the real kalel
    ...

    Edited by uglybanana at 19:51:49 26-11-2013

    Edited by uglybanana at 19:52:05 26-11-2013
  • OptimusPube 26 Nov 2013 19:58:43 2,412 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    WTF I'm OptimusPube. This is Dfawkes BTW.

    Is it supposed to be like this?

  • Alf66315 26 Nov 2013 20:04:10 18 posts
    Seen 5 months ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    I was incorrectly logged in as Steroyd. I logged out and logged in as me, ShiftyGeezer. Clicked the homepage and now I'm logged in as this guy, Alf66315.

    Someone's got things a bit wrong.
  • the_dudefather 26 Nov 2013 20:06:06 8,976 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Has anyone got to be a mod yet?

    (ง ͠ ͟ʖ ͡)

  • Triggerhappytel 26 Nov 2013 20:08:15 2,664 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Am I me? I've just been disallowed logging in, but when I came to the forum it seemed okay. God, this is so confusing.
  • Alf66315 26 Nov 2013 20:10:33 18 posts
    Seen 5 months ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    the_dudefather wrote:
    Has anyone got to be a mod yet?
    How would you know, it's not like they actually do anything, amirite, amirite?!
  • Maturin 26 Nov 2013 20:13:35 2,732 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    EG really shouldn't rely on folks clearing browser caches to fix a major privacy/security issue for its users.
  • mrpon 26 Nov 2013 20:15:05 27,645 posts
    Seen 57 seconds ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    They shouldn't leave a kid in charge really, I don't care how sharp he is.

    Give yourself 5 or gig, you're worth it.

  • Alf66315 26 Nov 2013 20:19:54 18 posts
    Seen 5 months ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    I am NOT this guy!

  • sharpkiddie Staff 26 Nov 2013 22:01:48 465 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Hi all.

    First, I want to apologise for this evenings site problems. It's entirely my fault for not testing some site changes on a large enough test group. We tested some changes on the office for a few days, and there were no reported problems. However, when the changes went live, it seems the much larger volume of testers (you lot) caused very severe issues to manifest.

    The problem was to do with some optimisations made to the caching layer that sits between you and our web servers. Normally, when you are logged in, nothing is cached, and all traffic goes directly to the web servers. I attempted to make the cache a bit more aggressive, in order to lift some of the load on our webservers, as an interim measure until we do some upgrades.

    Unfortunately there was a bug and many of you received pages that were intended for other users.

    I have reverted the changes and have forced everybody to log out as a precaution. I know this is a bit of a nuisance.

    If anybody can see any continued login problems, or can no longer access their account at all, please email me mark@eurogamer.net and I will investigate.

    Once again, sorry for the mess. We do take security very seriously.
  • cheeky_prawnking 26 Nov 2013 22:18:27 3,795 posts
    Seen 11 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    How do we know you are who you say you are? ;-)
  • EMarkM 26 Nov 2013 22:19:57 3,133 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    sharpkiddie wrote:
    Hi all.

    First, I want to apologise for this evenings site problems. It's entirely my fault for not testing some site changes on a large enough test group. We tested some changes on the office for a few days, and there were no reported problems. However, when the changes went live, it seems the much larger volume of testers (you lot) caused very severe issues to manifest.

    The problem was to do with some optimisations made to the caching layer that sits between you and our web servers. Normally, when you are logged in, nothing is cached, and all traffic goes directly to the web servers. I attempted to make the cache a bit more aggressive, in order to lift some of the load on our webservers, as an interim measure until we do some upgrades.

    Unfortunately there was a bug and many of you received pages that were intended for other users.

    I have reverted the changes and have forced everybody to log out as a precaution. I know this is a bit of a nuisance.

    If anybody can see any continued login problems, or can no longer access their account at all, please email me mark@eurogamer.net and I will investigate.

    Once again, sorry for the mess. We do take security very seriously.
    Higgins78?
  • mcmothercruncher 26 Nov 2013 22:36:48 5,723 posts
    Seen 38 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    On the one hand I find it quite endearing how held together by sticky tape this major gaming website is, on the other, I'm both annoyed and also hopeful that no-one discovered my predilection for fucking weasels.
  • Nazo 26 Nov 2013 22:54:17 312 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @sharpkiddie
    The evidence would suggest you don't take it seriously at all.
  • Nazo 26 Nov 2013 22:55:00 312 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Post deleted
  • TheMayorOfJugs 26 Nov 2013 22:56:06 2,274 posts
    Seen 18 minutes ago
    Registered 10 months ago
    Nazo wrote:
    @sharpkiddie
    The evidence would suggest you don't take it seriously at all.
    OBJECTION!
  • X201 26 Nov 2013 22:57:21 14,696 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Thread rescue.

    If double posting, delete the first post, not the last one.
  • Page

    of 2 First / Last

    Next
Log in or register to reply