Scotland's manifesto for independence Page 2

  • Page

    of 296 First / Last

  • nickthegun 26 Nov 2013 17:36:25 60,143 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I would be interested to see if there is a single person in england other than david cameron who gives a fuck about scotland pulling up the drawbridge.

    ---------------------------------------------------------
    someone say something funny

  • Nasty 26 Nov 2013 17:36:43 4,747 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I've yet to meet someone who doesn't know how theyll vote. Everyone seems to be in the firmly Yes and No camp and can be quite militant about both.

    I do feel sorry for those waiting for 'the facts' as every report on it is sponsored by one side or the other.

    Salmond has never really painted himself as some kind of King imo. His opponents put him forward as that but to be honest all I see is chubby, slightly smarmy bloke who despite some cringeworthy optimism has had and has stuck to the same principles over his entire political career. Admirable, but not enough to win a yes vote from those who just flat out don't like him.

    I'm all for independence but suspect it will be a No because the Yes campaign failed to put forward a head of campaign who didn't polarise opinion so much and in some cases have had to compromise so much on their initial plans (often due to Westminster/EU not willing to entertain discussions until the country actually voted Yes) that the actual case for independence has become wooly and incomplete.
  • ResidentKnievel 26 Nov 2013 17:38:24 6,216 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    LeoliansBro wrote:
    Love their ideas on childcare, truly. Absolutely no idea how they're going to pay for it though.
    Wouldn't the taxes from the parents who are able to work due to this childcare scheme go some way to paying for it?

    I think I remember morriss talking about a similar child care situation in Denmark and it working pretty well there.

    Edited by ResidentKnievel at 17:39:25 26-11-2013

    [code]Armoured_Bear wrote:
    Unlike yourself, I don't have a weird obsession with any platform.[/code]

  • Soton4084 26 Nov 2013 17:42:18 73 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I'm English, but hope that Scotland stays in the Union. I do genuinely think that we're better off together.

    Edited by Soton4084 at 00:10:29 27-11-2013
  • Spark_lol 26 Nov 2013 17:44:24 30 posts
    Seen 10 months ago
    Registered 11 months ago
    FUCK SCOTLAND IN THE TITS, YOU HAGGIS MUNCHING CUNTS!

    GENTS RULE OK!

  • Nasty 26 Nov 2013 17:46:26 4,747 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Spark_lol wrote:
    FUCK SCOTLAND IN THE TITS, YOU HAGGIS MUNCHING CUNTS!
    Salmond fanboi
  • xuiton 26 Nov 2013 17:47:23 297 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    SG59 wrote:
    FWB wrote:
    xuiton wrote:
    @FWB anyone who disagrees with the EU, with its policies or with the institute is a daily mail reading racist? ok
    Anyone that blanketly dismisses it most likely is. The racism... well you mentioned that, not I. Got something on your mind?

    That's not too say it doesn't have issues and doesn't need reforming.
    Yup. We'll be waiting a long time for this day I suspect.

    I like how people automatically see you as a daily mail reader etc just because you don't agree with them. Ironic really.
    from my short time on the forum part of this website i've noticed that there seems to be an overriding sense of liberalism and left wing politics and anyone who questions it is wrong no matter what or racist as a straw man argument.

    This guy is also automatically assuming you are a daily mail reader because you question the EU which is laughable. daily mail has what 2 million readers? I'm sure of an adult population of what 30 million, more than 2 million do not like the EU.
  • RedSparrows 26 Nov 2013 17:48:52 22,889 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    There are some people like that, xuiton. Then there are other people who'll happily argue with you without attacking you, and then they'll go and kill themselves for wasting their time.
  • Deleted user 26 November 2013 17:52:16
    Post deleted
  • FWB 26 Nov 2013 17:53:55 44,665 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Criticism of the EU is all good. A complete dismissal comes across as poorly informed and irrational, playing on emotions. Not unusual tho.

    To be honest, the fact you are throwing around "left-wing" and "liberalism" says quite a lot.

    Oh and I didn't call you racist. You did that to yourself. :-)

    Edited by FWB at 17:57:41 26-11-2013
  • Deleted user 26 November 2013 17:58:15
    That he's right? I've noticed it too on this forum.
  • Moot_Point 26 Nov 2013 17:59:11 4,162 posts
    Seen 40 seconds ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    We will never really know what England as a whole thinks of the EU without a referendum. Which successive governments have promised us a vote on for the last 20 years.

    And we will never get a vote, so its a Moot_Point.

    ================================================================================

    mowgli wrote: I thought the 1 married the .2 and founded Islam?

  • xuiton 26 Nov 2013 17:59:49 297 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    it says fuck all. its a simple means of describing the type of language used in this forum.

    so you now trying to assume some other bullshit with "says quite a lot"

    I never said you called anyone racist.

    but people seem to equate daily mail readers as racist on here.

    Edited by xuiton at 18:00:39 26-11-2013
  • FWB 26 Nov 2013 18:03:02 44,665 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Please do tell, what is left-wing and what is liberalism then? What language on here fits into that?
    Sounds to me you have chosen an ideological side.
  • Deleted user 26 November 2013 18:04:19
    It's a win-win situation if you think. Scots can go back to getting pissed, tossing cabers and fighting daily with neighbouring clans, and David Cameron can put all the unemployed chavs to work rebuilding Hadrian's Wall replete with 100 ft ditches and spikes with the severed heads of disorientated or drunken scots who strayed too close to the border.

    Edited by statssonic at 18:04:38 26-11-2013
  • Rhaegyr 26 Nov 2013 18:05:44 1,835 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @xuiton

    When you say 'blatant racism on a daily basis' without any actual proof, people will naturally think you're talking out of your arse.

    Any evidence of this, or did you simply watch the TV program where they hung a St George's flag in the middle of a deprived Scottish community and believed the consequences to be nationwide?

    Edited by Rhaegyr at 18:07:08 26-11-2013
  • xuiton 26 Nov 2013 18:07:25 297 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @FWB I honestly can't be bothered, its a thread about scottish independence, not to discuss your instant dismissal of anyone who doesn't like the EU as a daily mail reader who you probably think are all racists.

    Do you honestly need someone to explain the difference? i've taken no sides just an observation of this forum.
  • Deleted user 26 November 2013 18:07:58
    Post deleted
  • Moot_Point 26 Nov 2013 18:09:10 4,162 posts
    Seen 40 seconds ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Do all Scots have a scottish passport then?

    ================================================================================

    mowgli wrote: I thought the 1 married the .2 and founded Islam?

  • FWB 26 Nov 2013 18:09:20 44,665 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I've been thrown into this argument because Xuiton's reply to FWB about the Daily Mail readers being racist went to my inbox - go figure!

    My own tuppence as a Scot is this - we really have no reason at all to leave the union. We aren't under the yoke of the rest of the country (which people forget also includes Wales and Northern Ireland) and we contribute a lot to our friends. We're also deeply linked by blood and history and those bonds are hard to break.
  • FWB 26 Nov 2013 18:12:13 44,665 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    xuiton wrote:
    @FWB I honestly can't be bothered, its a thread about scottish independence, not to discuss your instant dismissal of anyone who doesn't like the EU as a daily mail reader who you probably think are all racists.

    Do you honestly need someone to explain the difference? i've taken no sides just an observation of this forum.
    Beg to differ. Your language was quite clear. But ho hum, you not bothering is a result.

    Again never called you a racist. Never used the word. YOU did. You brought it into the conversation, made an assumption and tried to put words into my mouth. Talk about irony and strawman. :-)
  • FWB 26 Nov 2013 18:13:31 44,665 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Well this is interesting. There's two of us. :)
  • xuiton 26 Nov 2013 18:15:16 297 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @Rhaegyr or I could have been scotland myself? once as a child, twice as an adult. I've got an english mate who lives in scotland and I have scottish mates who live in england who have told me the score.

    even good old billy connily himself said about the rise of anti englishness and it is not also hard to use the internet to find cases of this. personally I have no idea of what tv programme you are talking about.
  • FWB 26 Nov 2013 18:16:42 44,665 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Anecdotes. The source of all knowledge.
  • Rhaegyr 26 Nov 2013 18:17:42 1,835 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @xuiton

    So, anecdotal evidence and 'I've got a mate who...'.

    Why visit when you're going to be bombarded with racial slurs on the daily?

    If it's not that hard, please provide a few links to show the scale of racism you've put forward - willing to be proved wrong here.
  • Moot_Point 26 Nov 2013 18:20:08 4,162 posts
    Seen 40 seconds ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    FWB wrote:
    I've been thrown into this argument because Xuiton's reply to FWB about the Daily Mail readers being racist went to my inbox - go figure!

    My own tuppence as a Scot is this - we really have no reason at all to leave the union. We aren't under the yoke of the rest of the country (which people forget also includes Wales and Northern Ireland) and we contribute a lot to our friends. We're also deeply linked by blood and history and those bonds are hard to break.
    Who are you then?

    ================================================================================

    mowgli wrote: I thought the 1 married the .2 and founded Islam?

  • RedSparrows 26 Nov 2013 18:22:18 22,889 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I have been to Scotland 4 times and never had problems. My anecdote has been played.
  • lavalant 26 Nov 2013 18:23:25 1,328 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    nickthegun wrote:
    I would be interested to see if there is a single person in england other than david cameron who gives a fuck about scotland pulling up the drawbridge.
    30 Billion worth of North Sea oil exports last year, I'm sure there's plenty.
  • xuiton 26 Nov 2013 18:25:07 297 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @FWB this guy is unbelievable. you're the one assuming left right and centre.

    I never said you called anyone a racist, is this guy a joke? you assumed that guy was a daily mail reader because he said some 'things' about the holy EU.

    no straw man, but why do someone such as yourself needs the differences between left and right wing explaining? and Yeah I can't be bothered explaining something you already know in a thread about scottish independance


    keep banging on about this racist thing, like I said no one called no one a racist.
  • Steve_Perry 26 Nov 2013 18:25:16 4,331 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    I've just got back from Edinburgh today. First trip to Scotland. Lovely place.

    Cheers.

    VIVA STEFANSEN

  • Page

    of 296 First / Last

Log in or register to reply